Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Isn't It Amazing...17 Years And Still Fresh In Our Minds.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

I never saw the show while it was actually on the air, instead I just saw all the episodes online. I feel kinda stupid though, the first Sonic related object I ever saw was Sonic Advance for the GBA. Here I am thinking the game was cool, but then I found out it was based on a show, and that the show was based on a game in 1991! When I realized how big the Sonic franchise was, I couldn't help but search the internet for anything Sonic related, I then found out there were previous shows made before Sonic X. I went and saw AoSTH then Underground. Underground was a little bit more interesting than AoSTH, but still wasn't that great. But all it took was 'Spyhog' to get me hooked to SatAM. I've been in love with the show ever since. It is indeed amazing what a group of renegade forest animals can do to our lives. xD.png

QUOTE (furrykef @ Aug 20 2010, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DMoney @ Aug 20 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I'm black and I watched and loved the show just like you guys did.

Not sure what being black (or any other color) has to do with enjoying the show, but OK. wink.gif

ikr?

#22 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

"[Len Janson] insisted that we have wins and losses so that we had a higher emotional quotient to the show, so that people became involved with the show. So it wasn't always the Freedom Fighters winning. Sometimes they lost things, they lost people. There's one moment where a Freedom Fighter was lost and we have a shot from behind showing Sally and Sonic sitting on a log in the Ring Grotto and she puts her arm around him, and I get emotional. But it's like, you know, we really got into the characters, we got into their emotions. And again, with the whole [guideline of Len's] that there had to be wins and losses, it took a whole fabric of the animation that we were doing into something that was like cloth to velvet, so that you actually believed what was happening. And I think that's what's kept the series alive for so long is that it's believable."
-Ben Hurst

This wasn't your regular kiddy show...this was something deeper. This is something you can watch as a kid and be like "YEAAAAHH SONIC! YOU SHOW BUTTNIK!" And then turn around 10 years later and say "Wow...that's a deep story." I really like what Ben had to say. The simple fact that there were wins and losses makes the series more real. And I do believe that's the reason we're all here at FUS today...because we believe.
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#23 Juice16

Juice16

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

This wasn't your regular kiddy show...this was something deeper. This is something you can watch as a kid and be like "YEAAAAHH SONIC! YOU SHOW BUTTNIK!" And then turn around 10 years later and say "Wow...that's a deep story." I really like what Ben had to say. The simple fact that there were wins and losses makes the series more real.

True that.

Not many shows have the ability to appeal to the kids as well as the older generation. Those that do are often great.

I'm glad that the writer's took SATAM seriously when it came to Its stories, unlike the cartoons of today's generation.

Ben was truly a genius. applaud.gif

#24 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Bakuda @ Oct 26 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This wasn't your regular kiddy show...this was something deeper. This is something you can watch as a kid and be like "YEAAAAHH SONIC! YOU SHOW BUTTNIK!" And then turn around 10 years later and say "Wow...that's a deep story." I really like what Ben had to say. The simple fact that there were wins and losses makes the series more real. And I do believe that's the reason we're all here at FUS today...because we believe.

You hit the nail on the head perfectly.

That's what made this series so memorable.

It's wasn't like the other kiddy shows with just goofy scenes and zaniness.

This show had alot of depth and true emotion.

I loved the way Ben Hurst described it as, the fight for freedom against tyranny. I couldn't have said it better myself.

But it wasn't just the well written plot that made this series a hit. It was the characters Sonic was teamed up with, as well as the ones he fought again that made Satam a home run. To this day, they remain popular and rightfully so.

Whoever came up with the characters Julian Robotnik, Snively, Princess Sally, Bunnie Rabbot, Nicole, Sir Charles, Antoine and Rotor deserve alot of admiration and praise.

Posted Image

#25 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (LaserX5 @ Oct 26 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bakuda @ Oct 26 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You hit the nail on the head perfectly.

That's what made this series so memorable.

It's wasn't like the other kiddy shows with just goofy scenes and zaniness.

This show had alot of depth and true emotion.

I loved the way Ben Hurst described it as, the fight for freedom against tyranny. I couldn't have said it better myself.

But it wasn't just the well written plot that made this series a hit. It was the characters Sonic was teamed up with, as well as the ones he fought again that made Satam a home run. To this day, they remain popular and rightfully so.

Whoever came up with the characters Julian Robotnik, Snively, Princess Sally, Bunnie Rabbot, Nicole, Sir Charles, Antoine and Rotor deserve alot of admiration and praise.

I agree. Those are some of the most memorable characters in cartoon history...at least for us fans. There's so much character depth and emotion placed on each and every one. It's just too bad the show was cancelled before they could show what the freedom fighters were really made of. From what Ben said, we were going to see alot of growth in Tails in season 3. I would've loved to have seen that, being a Tails fan myself.
Spoiler

#26 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:33 AM

Tails and Rotor got jipped. Alot of their screen time was eaten away when Season 3 was lost.

#27 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Bakuda @ Oct 26 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's just too bad the show was canceled before they could show what the freedom fighters were really made of. From what Ben said, we were going to see alot of growth in Tails in season 3. I would've loved to have seen that, being a Tails fan myself.

Me too. I always thought Tails was one of the X factors of the Freedom Fighters.

He was young, yet brilliant.

I wish we could have seen more of Ben's notes about Season 3 if he had written them.

The one thing though that I would have hated to see happen was to find out Naugus would be in charge for more than 3-7 episodes.

While Naugus wasn't a bad villain, Robotnik or Snively are the only ones worthy of being the main opponent for Sonic and his team for the majority of this series.

Posted Image

#28 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

The one thing though that I would have hated to see happen was to find out Naugus would be in charge for more than 3-7 episodes.

While Naugus wasn't a bad villain, Robotnik or Snively are the only ones worthy of being the main opponent for Sonic and his team for the majority of this series.

I don't necessarily agree with you on that point. They wanted to arc the second season, and did so with the fall of Robotnik. In order to come back with a good third season they would need a fresh villain, which Nagus fits the role of perfectly. I think it would've made a good twist. The sea3on comic has already shown how hard of a time Sonic is having adjusting to Nagus's magic. It's one extra factor that the Freedom Fighters have to work against.
Spoiler

#29 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Bakuda @ Oct 27 2010, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The sea3on comic has already shown how hard of a time Sonic is having adjusting to Nagus's magic. It's one extra factor that the Freedom Fighters have to work against.

Yea, I'll agree having Naugus in Snively's corner throws a huge curve ball to the Freedom Fighters.

I dunno, I prefer the way Ben Hurst was going to do Season 3, which was have Snively in charge for awhile, but release Naugus from the Void as a last resort and then being forced to flee to Knothole once the evil wizard takes over Robotropolis with Robotnik as his stooge.

But, for what's it worth, the Sea3on comic's storyline is pretty good too.

Too bad they can't do more than one comic per week of this so we can see how this will all turn out.
Posted Image

#30 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:28 AM

That bothered me. If Naugy was released at the end of season 2, why would Snively have to rerelease him during season 3?

#31 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (RedAuthar @ Oct 28 2010, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That bothered me. If Naugy was released at the end of season 2, why would Snively have to rerelease him during season 3?

Good point.

Ben never really explained if Naugus was released from the Void or not after Doomsday during an interview. All he said was Naugus captured Robotnik in there and would be torturing him for the time bring.

This is just a wild guess, but maybe Snively tried to make a deal with the evil wizard that they would work together in exchange for turning over Julian to him when Sonic and the Freedom Fighters overthrew Robotnik's rule. That might explain him saying at the end of the final episode, "I'm not alone."

I dunno... unsure.gif Without some more insight from the writers, it's basically a plot hole to say the least.
Posted Image

#32 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (LaserX5 @ Oct 28 2010, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RedAuthar @ Oct 28 2010, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point.

Ben never really explained if Naugus was released from the Void or not after Doomsday during an interview. All he said was Naugus captured Robotnik in there and would be torturing him for the time bring.

This is just a wild guess, but maybe Snively tried to make a deal with the evil wizard that they would work together in exchange for turning over Julian to him when Sonic and the Freedom Fighters overthrew Robotnik's rule. That might explain him saying at the end of the final episode, "I'm not alone."

I dunno... unsure.gif Without some more insight from the writers, it's basically a plot hole to say the least.

I always it was something like that, with Snively enlisting Naugus's help only to have Naugus overthrow him. Silly Snively...thinking he could control the big bad wizard!
Spoiler

#33 DMoney

DMoney

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

I think eventually Robotnik would become the one back in power. After Snively reverts to the FFs, Naugus spends a season or two being in power, but is eventually defeated where he is destroyed or sent back to the Void forever. Then Robotnik resumes his role. This might have happened in Season 5 or 6. I think the producers, and Ben, would have realized that if you are going to have a classic Sonic show, it must begin and end with the battle between Sonic and Robotnik. Other villains are great, but Robotnik is the main villain of Sonic.

Yes Tails wouldve had a much bigger role. I always hated how they portrayed Tails during the 1st two Seasons, making him too young for action. At least they started training him in S2. I really wanted to see the Tails that we all know from the video games, and I know thats what Ben was leading to.

I think eventually the series would start to follow the video games, where we would start seeing Knuckles, the Chaos Emeralds, Metal Sonic, and the Death Egg. This is why I think they would bring Robotnik back into power.

#34 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

So then...if Robotnik were to come back to power, how would he change? Would he be the same Robotnik he was before his defeat or would he have learned from it? What different tactics do you think he would use in his fight against the Freedom Fighters?
Spoiler

#35 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (DMoney @ Oct 29 2010, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think eventually Robotnik would become the one back in power. After Snively reverts to the FFs, Naugus spends a season or two being in power, but is eventually defeated where he is destroyed or sent back to the Void forever. Then Robotnik resumes his role. This might have happened in Season 5 or 6. I think the producers, and Ben, would have realized that if you are going to have a classic Sonic show, it must begin and end with the battle between Sonic and Robotnik. Other villains are great, but Robotnik is the main villain of Sonic.

Yes Tails wouldve had a much bigger role. I always hated how they portrayed Tails during the 1st two Seasons, making him too young for action. At least they started training him in S2. I really wanted to see the Tails that we all know from the video games, and I know thats what Ben was leading to.

I think eventually the series would start to follow the video games, where we would start seeing Knuckles, the Chaos Emeralds, Metal Sonic, and the Death Egg. This is why I think they would bring Robotnik back into power.

Yea, that's the way I'd like to have it too. Naugus should be in power no more than 2 seasons.

Robotnik then takes back his empire, with Snively crawling back on his knees, begging for mercy to avoid being executed by his Uncle.

And to top it off, Robotnik returns badder than ever as dictator. He even upgrades his robot army and starts to make plans to wipe out the Great Forest and Knothole once and for all.

As for Tails, I agree with you. He should have a bigger role on the team. Maybe as someone who builds special gadgets for the Freedom Fighters like the Tornado.

I even like the idea of having it following the video games to a certain extent. I mean, who wouldn't want to see Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Shadow, etc as part of the series?

That's what I loved about Satam, it was so versatile. Most of the current Sega characters could fit right in without changing their personalities too much.

Ah, the coulda woulda shoulda possibilities of this show. So nice to think about, yet so sad Sega abruptly rejected it.

lipsrsealed.gif Oh well. Sooner or later, Sega will either fold up or sell to another company due to the horrible decision making on their part.
Posted Image

#36 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

If only that would happen sooner rather then later.

#37 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (RedAuthar @ Oct 30 2010, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If only that would happen sooner rather then later.

You're not the only one who feels that way.

Perhaps someone should make a petition or something like to Sega demanding they change the way they make Sonic games or we'll boycott them.

I dunno... worth a try.
Posted Image

#38 DCC

DCC

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:52 AM

Some Sega elements would be fine in a cartoon. I wouldn't want Amy in the cartoon though, seeing how things are in the comic, there is only room for one love interest for Sonic and that should be Sally IMO.

Sega does need some major changes at the top. It is a shame, I don't think they realized what a gem they had in Sonic Sat a.m.

#39 JakeSully

JakeSully

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:04 AM

YES this show rocks the boat, i grew up with it. I was 12 years old at the time and loved it because i've been a Sonic fan since i got my genesis when i was 10 and been a subscriber of the comic since i got the first issue.

Seeing the first episode was something on September 18th of that year, i was hooked and Sonic rocked as usual. Robotnik was kickass i gotta say and Sally i had the hots for her at that age even on Lupe when i was 13. I'm glad they released this show on DVD and nice to see fans of this cult classic.

This show has to feel of those cartoons i grew up when i was young like Thundercats, He-Man, She-Ra, Trasformers, GI Joe, Bravestarr, and that sort of thing.

#40 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (DCC @ Nov 1 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some Sega elements would be fine in a cartoon. I wouldn't want Amy in the cartoon though, seeing how things are in the comic, there is only room for one love interest for Sonic and that should be Sally IMO.

Sega does need some major changes at the top. It is a shame, I don't think they realized what a gem they had in Sonic Sat a.m.

I wouldn't mind Amy in a Satam cartoon as long as she didn't have her Sonic X personality. Ugh, she was so obnoxious in that show, being such a Sonic obsessed fangirl!

Sally should be Sonic's main love interest, but it would make things interesting to throw Amy into the mix, barring of course she never succeeded in winning Sonic's heart.

And, I couldn't agree more about Sega needing a major overhaul. Their company is so screwed up now. How does Sega live with themselves ripping off idea after idea from Mario, Zelda, Disney, etc when making their new games?

Can't they come up with their own ideas for a change?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users