Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Weak Villain Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Their has been a long struggle the Archie comic seems to have been unable to do no matter who the writers have been that I feel SatAM captured. We have never really seen Eggman's control over Mobius having any legitimate weight. Since Sonic is always written to win all his battles and Eggman to be a buffoon, how he is able to keep a tight grip over Mobius is never really shown. Yes he has his egg legions and egg bosses, but that feels more of extortion than having a military stranglehold. Eggman in the comic is supposed to have a massive army spread across the globe that the Freedom Fighters choose to go after the most relevant areas. But yet, because Sonic must always win he never encounters any resistance for Eggman's army. Nobody is ever able to push Sonic back or make him work hard for a victory. The only time Sonic ever really struggled against Eggman was issue 175 where he blew up Knothole and had a robot strong enough to repel him.

This in turn makes Eggman a rather boring character since he continues to unimpress as a legitimate threat in a ongoing series.

But the problem with a weak villain isn't just with Eggman, it seems to affect all other villains the comic has. Naugus has always been treated rather unfairly and is never able to put up a good fight for Sonic and his friends despite all of his magic and sorcery. He makes really stupid mistakes that seem to exist just to give the heroes an opportunity to beat him, rather than them exploiting some weakness in his abilities. Then their is the problem with the chaos emeralds that seem to always grant an instant victory whenever in use.

The solution to this problem I feel would be to make Sonic's victories much smaller as to not undermine his status as a hero, but to also not completely bulldoze any opposition his enemies might offer. The villains themselves would adapt to Sonic and respond to his victories to make future campaigns uncertain, or at the least more difficult for Sonic. If Sonic can march into Eggman's home at any point and slap him in the face then why bother pretending he has any power?

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

To be fair though, SatAM did that a lot in season 2. Heck in Game Guy, Dulcy freezes him solid. War over.

#3 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Makes you wonder if that mandate was in effect way back then, and it only got more obvious with age.

#4 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

Makes you wonder if that mandate was in effect way back then, and it only got more obvious with age.

Either that or they were more subtle about it

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users