Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Sonic Continuity Timeline (Theory)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Have you ever wondered why some Sonic continuities seemed eerily similar to others? I have a theory surrounding it, and I just constructed a map of how it all may fit.

You can check it here, if you're curious: http://logiteeka.dev...heory-440581088

If you have any questions or suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

#2 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

It looks great, but the only thing that I have a question about is Underground being "before" SatAM; I've heard many theorize that Underground 'might' be the distant future of SatAM, which explains the King Max statue amongst other things. Personally, I like having Underground in another 'dimension'.
The only other thing is I'd have the non-Archie universes continue and not be affected by the Genesis wave, but that's just my opinion.

Part of me likes to view SatAM and "Underground" as taking place in the same continuity, but there's one detail which prevents it from being a possibility; Sonic's age. Sonic is 5 when Robotnik took over in SatAM, whereas in "Underground", Sonic is an infant when it happened.

The more I looked into the series, more details began to show up. One interesting bit in the episode "Artifact", in which the professor at the Mobius University (which Sonia attends) analyzed an ancient artifact from Robotnik's antique show. According to him, it was an ancient bomb created during the last war before Robotnik's coup; implying that the recent Great War never happened in this universe. Thus, Robotnik might've had a different motive to take control of Mobotropolis; which could explain why he spared the politicians and aristocrats for paying taxes. The statue of King Acorn suggests that the SatAM cast also exists in this universe, but were never seen during the show.

As for the Super Genesis Wave, the entire Cosmic Interstate is stated to have been destroyed and rebooted as a result. And since these shows have no chances of continuing, it seems likely that the Wave destroyed them as well. Also, dimensions and universes are completely different things; universes are entirely different realities, whereas dimensions are invisible realms within that reality.

#3 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

I'm normally not one to say this, but I feel you're overthinking it. Aside from a few things like the Archie multiverse (that is, only the dimensions created for the comic), the various continuities were created to be standalone entities with no connection to one another whatsoever. Trying to force such connections invariably results in contrived leaps of logic, especially once one considers the complete chaos the combination of Penders' lawsuit and Flynn's Genesis Wave spamming left the Archie series in. Your analysis tries to explain things like Archie Sal no longer having furry cheeks due to some split timeline or whatnot, when at the end of the day there is no in-universe explanation for such things, given that they were made for real-world reasons such as a desire to conform to the games.

Honestly, the bulk of Sonic narratives are already poorly written and convoluted. Trying to mesh things together only exacerbates the matter, especially if it renders entire continuities destroyed in the process. In turn, it fails to benefit the narrative in any manner unless one simply finds satisfaction in cramming the pieces together for its own sake.

I'm not trying to sound rude in this. You probably did as good a job with this timeline as anyone could. I just have issues with the concept itself. From an in-universe standpoint, I'm perfectly content to have SatAM remain as unrelated to Sega Sonic as it is to, say, Star Wars.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#4 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

My inspiration was Nintendo's official LoZ timeline, which, for some people, was a blessing because it made sense. But for others, it was a curse because it gave the games a sense of continuity.

For me, I like continuity. It gives a sense of realism to something that isn't real. And I like exploring the worlds of these fictional lands, getting to know the logic, characters, and history behind it. Theories are also interesting for the same exact reasons.

The Sonic series is one of my favorite franchises, and I like most of the different interpretations of the series. And the more I looked into it, the more connections to other continuities I saw in it. Like how most of them take place on a post-apocalyptic Earth, or how Sonic is a mutant hedgehog. Sure, they weren't intended to connect to other series (for the most part), but It's still a fun feeling to connect the dots. Scientists do it all the time.

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

Planet Freedom is in the wrong place.

The Sonic OVA was intended to lead up to a series that later got re-worked into Sonic X (how much of it changed/remained I have no idea)

But that alone timeline-wise wouldn't put those two together would it?

I wrote this thing out for like 20 minutes and it was really confusing so if you have questions I'll be happy to answer them, but the main point is Planet Freedom's branch is just right before the Xorda invasion.  The Human race nearly destroys itself through technology/nuclearwar/etc, and the only way to survive is make multiple "Angel Islands" that  become the Land of the Sky. Here because the different environments the humans evolved into many different sub-species, explaining why the Old Man is really animal like in his movements and appearance, The President and Sarah appear more human with Animal Characteristics, and Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails are more Animal like with Human characteristics.  Robotnik's ancestors's remained behind and that is why he is the sole human sub-species that came out the way he did being nearly 100 percent human.  

So technically Planet Freedom should be just before the Xorda as it was the Humans own actions that caused it's creation versus an alien invasion.  Otherwise they Land of the Sky had no reason to exist and would have been also destroyed by the Xorda, heck even before they got to the Land of Darkness. 

#6 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:30 AM

If that's the case, how did Chaos Knuckles' time-traveling action of destroying the White Comet in issue #101 (which lead to the creation of Angel Island) lead to Planet Freedom as one of the many outcomes in present time? Unless that aforementioned human conflict took place after the Xorda invasion, it raises even more questions.

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

If the catastrophe is the comet then you hit the problem of the fact the comet did nothing to the world save for Downunda, so the event must have happened before.  And it couldn't have been the Xorda because that would mean there would be no one to move to/create the land of the sky as it would have taken years for the species to evolve into doing so, which according to Archie Comics, only the Echidna's had the technology but just barely, so once again the events have to take place prior.   

Also Knuckles's time traveling events created a SatAM like universe as well but the Flying Island exists in that dimension as that is where they found the Time Stones.  So either the universe are oddly similar to the shows but not quite, or they are just the ripple of effect of the multiverse untangling. 

#8 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

If the catastrophe is the comet, then you hit the problem of the fact. The comet did nothing to the world save for Downunda, so the event must have happened before. And it couldn't have been the Xorda because that would mean there would be no one to move to/create the land of the sky as it would have taken years for the species to evolve into doing so, which according to Archie Comics, only the Echidna's had the technology but just barely, so once again the events have to take place prior.

Well, we do know destroying the comet had some direct effect in bringing Planet Freedom to existence, so it couldn't have occurred before (unless it was triggered by some prior unseen event). Maybe preventing the comet from colliding into the planet allowed for the other races to evolve quicker. And since the Overlanders of the Land of the Sky were in good relations with Sonic and the rest, maybe both races worked together to strive for a better society (which might explain the hybrids). With Echindaopolis destroyed by the earthquake, perhaps the survivors contributed to the building of the Land of the Sky with what little technology they had left.

Also Knuckles's time traveling events created a SatAM like universe as well but the Flying Island exists in that dimension as that is where they found the Time Stones. So either the universe are oddly similar to the shows but not quite, or they are just the ripple of effect of the multiverse untangling.

If that was "the" Floating Island. The only thing it had in common with Angel Island was the floating part. Everything else was kinda vague.

Also, it was unknown if that reality was the SatAM one. All that was known about it was that Sally knew nothing about Elias; whereas in SatAM, Elias was never acknowledged in the show. It could go either way, however you interpret it.

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Just how you don't know that the Ova planet freedom is the one in the comic either. Though similar, that Robotnik had the goal marrying Sarah, which was not his goal in the show but just a bonus for her going with him. In fact he didn't even wanna kidnap her, she got in the robot on her own.

#10 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

It could've been a different event within that reality. I mean, Robotnik probably continued to persuade/force Sara into marrying him on several occasions. Or maybe it was a slightly different depiction compared to the original; like what Archie is to SatAM and "Another Time, Another Place" is to the actual games.

Though that does beg the question: why does Robotink want to marry her so badly? Aside from raising a family with her (which he could easily do with other women), there must be another motive for doing so. Maybe to become the next in line to inherit her father's wealth and/or position as President (unless its an elective position). Anything to get more power.

Come to think of it, we never found out who Robotnik married to produce the lineage which spawned Dr. Nega anyway... Who knows?

#11 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

In the OVA he only wanted to Marry Her because he was killing everyone else by destroying the land of the Sky.  Other than that...he's got a Cat Girl Fetish....?

#12 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Come to think of it, we never found out who Robotnik married to produce the lineage which spawned Dr. Nega anyway... Who knows?

Maybe we're not supposed to know

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#13 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

In the OVA he only wanted to Marry Her because he was killing everyone else by destroying the land of the Sky. Other than that...he's got a Cat Girl Fetish....?

I knew that. I was just thinking of some theories since the OVA suggests that Robotnik had some vendetta towards the President's family; possibly stemming from prior attempts to rule the Land of the Sky.

#14 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

In the OVA he only wanted to Marry Her because he was killing everyone else by destroying the land of the Sky. Other than that...he's got a Cat Girl Fetish....?

I knew that. I was just thinking of some theories since the OVA suggests that Robotnik had some vendetta towards the President's family; possibly stemming from prior attempts to rule the Land of the Sky.

That would make sense.  Also they seem to be close to Sonic, his most bitter enemy.  

#15 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Its interesting to say the least

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#16 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Of course, the one question some have been asking me is "Where is Sonic Boom?". Well, currently, hardly anything is known about it yet. Is it an off-shot of the SegaSonic timeline? Or one of the many universes spawned from the Super Genesis Wave rebooting the Cosmic Interstate? Until some background info is revealed, it'll have to wait.

#17 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Sonic boom is a branch off after knuckles took steroids

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users