Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Most Liked Content

#142218 Sally's Derobotized "new Look" (Shown At Nycc 2012

Posted by fishtheimpaler on 15 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

DON'T WORRY FANS SHE'LL BE BACK TO NORMAL

WE WOULDN'T WANT TO INFLICT THE SLIGHTEST AMOUNT OF SUSPENSE OR SURPRISE UPON YOU

*shrugs* she's been in robot form for so long maybe nobody has thought that realistically she could return to normal. In which case, this was a taster of sorts, a teaser to get people excited.

You know, it took me a while to realize what exactly was so depressing about this statement, but I think I've got it.

For all these characters, roboticization is the quintessential Fate Worse Than Death. They've been fighting against this madman whose goal is to enslave the entire population, and when he gets you he turns you against your friends, while you get to watch. It's a vampire/zombie/pod person mechanic.

So one character--a politically and socially central one who has been on and off the love interest of the chief protagonist--subjects herself to this Fate Worse Than Death to save the rest of the planet, and now her friends have to combat her, knowing that every blow they strike is a blow against their imprisoned friend.

And this whole situation has become SO BORING that it's potentially an interesting, buzz-building move to just up and tell the readership "yeah, she's going to escape and everything will be okay again," because the readers will be more excited about a possible change in a character's outfit than worried about whether one of them will be a slave forever, die a slave, kill her friends, etc.

I don't care who you are, that's just some bad, bad writing.

#67749 Stop Online Piracy Act

Posted by RedAuthar on 16 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

They make them that long so you DON'T read it all and miss details.

#208175 It's Been 20000 Years...

Posted by Ann Chovi on 25 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

... but I was feeling nostalgic after hearing about Sega's break with Archie and drew a thing. Thought you guys might like it? :'D

tumblr_otoli8qaZ71tbwjqno1_1280.jpg

Anyway, how've ya'll been doing? Behaving I hope? xD

#206773 Chapter 7

Posted by chief on 20 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

We are aiming more for the new year at this point. Tim had a project he had to finish up before getting anything started with this current chapter. As well as giving Stephen some extra time as it's been a while since he has done colours.

We have gone through chapter 7 in a big meeting and figured out proper page layouts etc.

So it's in the works. But after such a long hiatus and other projects.. I'm going to say we should start releasing early in the new year. Gives us enough time to forum a larger backlog then we have previously had.

#79807 My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Posted by Shadow on 03 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

This stuff will make you into a goddamn sexual tyranasaurus!
Posted Image

#79662 My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Posted by Shadow on 03 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

#79200 10'000 Pages Or Bust

Posted by chief on 01 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

There you go, My Little Pony but bad ass! Keytar man!

#209966 Sonic Mania Adventures Thread...

Posted by SolidSonicTH on 30 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

I'll post updates in here as long as I can remember to.

Here's episode 1 (my avatar is taken from it):

#208329 You Least Favorite Moment On Sonicx

Posted by Clocktopus on 18 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Whenever Chris is on screen.  

#206581 Chapter 7

Posted by chief on 08 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

Chapter 7 has yet to come out yet. However we have finally gotten it under way. I had a good meeting with both Stephen and Tim today. Part of that meeting was going over the chapter 7 script, figuring out some drawing and shading styles and a few other things.

I'm not sure on a release date at this moment. Next little bit will be going over designs and so on. Plus working on a page backlog to prevent falling behind.

Also unlike other chapters which we updated on a almost weekly schedule chapter 7 will be changed a bit. We will be doing bi weekly updates. Mostly because of the artists other commitments. So bi weekly gives us tons of time to work on each page while still keeping a schedule.

Anyways I'll keep you all up to date on release dates.

#200371 Native American Sonic Art

Posted by Tim J on 03 April 2015 - 11:22 PM

(Click on thumbnail)Attached File  image.jpg   117.43KB   0 downloads

I went to Emerald City Comic Con last weekend and there were so many talented wonderful artists there.

I ran into one in particular that had been re-imagining super heroes into Native American style art. This touched me because I have a Native American heritage.

A Sonic one would be perfect. It's the perfect representation of me as a person. He didn't have a Sonic one, and unfortunately his price for a custom piece was way out of what I can afford right now.

So I figured, why not? I have Native American blood in me. I'll make one myself.

This picture is far more personal to me than many others I've made in the past. It's nice to have something that I can show with pride and really represent me and my family heritage. I'll likely be replacing my avatars with this.

Same picture on my DA page: http://sonicj.devian...Sonic-523874112

#199523 Would You Believe It...?

Posted by John Roberts on 03 February 2015 - 02:22 AM

I got bloody married!

It has been what seems like a very long time since I've posted anything of relevance here at FUS. I figured what a perfect opportunity it is to share this news with you all - even though there are that many new people here I barely recognise the place... And then there's Kef.

Fuck you, Kef.

Anyway! I would like to introduce to you all... my wife. :) We were married on the 29th day of November, 2014.

(Hell, it HAS been a long time. I could barely remember how to attach a photo to this bastard.)

Attached File  Tracey and John sneak peak-13.jpg   166.14KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Tracey and John sneak peak-2.jpg   279.14KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Tracey and John sneak peak-11.jpg   85.9KB   0 downloads

Can see the whole thing right here on a blog my photographer set up http://theartofzowie...a-resort-moama/

Let it be said... weddings are fucking expensive. REALLY expensive. And I would do it all over again if it meant being married to this amazing and brilliant woman for the rest of my life.

#196676 10'000 Pages Or Bust

Posted by Shadow on 09 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

GPpXsCQ.png

#182430 By-Tor's Fan Fict: One Bad Day

Posted by Prince ByTor on 07 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

I deleted my story for personal reason, sorry.

#182108 Satam Reconstructed.

Posted by TheRedStranger on 02 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

One of the things that led to the shows cancelation was due to a lower budget, competition from WB, FOX, Disney and Marvel, and a new President that didnt support the show. IF SatAM had a higher budget and the backing it deserved/needed, how much better would SatAM have faired.

I really don't think a higher budget would've made that much of a difference; the new ABC programme director had it in for the show, heck if you listen to Ben Hurst they were getting ready for a third season when they pulled the rug out from under them.

To be honest I think a better time slot that it didn't share with other "hot" shows and if it wasn't preempted so often by sports programming would've helped out more. But like I said, it sounded like the new management had it in for it anyway.

Considering ABC has had a history of Canceling Shows when they don't meet the head director's "popularity standards" it isn't surprising.  

If the show requires effort to make, it isn't worth funding unless it's the most popular show out there.  That's just the way they rolled.  

Many shows such as the 1960's Batman, Sonic SatAM, and even Gargoyles, were all canned because they weren't popular yet have huge followings.  Why?  Because ABC doesn't like to spend money to keep their shows running.  Effort is just too expensive. 

Boy, is that the truth!

Bad bureaucracy is the biggest reason we can't have nice things... *Stares angrily at the white house*. Also if you study the history of ABC it will make you cringe...it's infamous for being both schlocky and subversive. I have been reading about the history of television in Ben Shapiro's Prime Time Propaganda, and ABC and it's higher ups have always been shady.

Yeah Power Rangers was the biggest culprit for stealing watchers...that show was as "hot" as ice in all regards but its mere contemporary popularity. I remember being around five while watching this show and experiencing for the first time what its like to have my intelligence insulted. It was stupid and it made me feel like the whole world around me was stupid (and that was when I was five). Seriously that show was the cream of the crap-crop: flat story, trite to nil in subtext, and mind-damagingly two dimensional. For example, Bulk and Skull's characters are bullying’s answer to Birth of a Nation. They are given no clear and cogent reason why they act the way they do, they just are just walking cliché’s, not people. By the way who was the genius that thought they should mix Saved by The Bell, corny kung-fu movies, and Godzilla together? Satam had so much more humanity, yet sadly that is something the new management of DiC wanted to deprive us kids thereof for a "clean slate" of....of...you know, I can barely even remember any good cartoons that came in the wake of Satam from DiC (Underground xD )You know, a Saturday morning cartoon/show (if written well) can influence, give moral and intellectual insight to, and inspire kids. Children are a prime audience to bestow such gifts of encouragment to; after all, they are our future. But it seems mindless fecal-paste like the Power Rangers (narrative junk-food, the MSG of childhood schlock) ironically because it's more "profitable." Don’t get me started on the movies…(Power Rangers Turbo in particular).

Think of shows like Gargoyles, Batman The Animated Series, Satam, and all those shows that were sensitive yet honest to kids about both the lighter and the darker parts of the human condition. They did more, were bolder, they took more dramatic risks as well as made us laugh, and because of such they were more entertaining and memorable! Where stuff like Power Rangers probably set back kids, shows like Satam gave them cool concepts and morals to think about.

I recently discussed with my father, a pastor, about how media influences our morality (the way we belive we should live and perceive aspects of life). He actually spoke real fondly of movies, comic books, and shows like the latter. He said when he was little and raised in a non-Christian and rather unhinged home that many shows and comics taught him about how he and others should be to one another, and what happens when we make bad decisions. His parents (his negligent mother way more than his hard working father) didn't properly fulfill that basic need. When he was young these narratives gave him hope and gave him moral insight. There was just enough truth in some of those stories to make him look passed an emotionally abusive mother and his current situation. Later on, as he began to grow he continued on with what those stories taught him and began to study the issues in a more mature manner (and that's probably a decent portion of the reason why he is what he is today). Because he watched Tom Baker's 4th Doctor debate whether it was right to kill all the Daleks (Genesis of The Daleks), seeing Luke Skywalker seek redemption for his father and not giving into hate in Star Wars, and the interplay of logic (logos), leadership (ethos), and passion (pathos) between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy in Star Trek, he saw all the possibilities of life outside his own miserable home life and had the encouragement to rise above his origins, much like Luke the farmboy became Luke Skywalker the Jedi. For years my father has helped several people as a pastor and a solider. He’s a friend to many and tends to soldiers that have been mentally wounded by war, and he is also logistics manager for the U.S Army (he makes sure our boy’s overseas have the supplies they need to survive and thrive).  He also gave me an excellent home life that he didn’t have.  

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even things people deem as "kids stuff" can have a big impact on individuals. Just in the way you are accountable to what you say with your mouth, you’re accountable to what you say with your pen. There's much truth to find in well written fiction. And these big-wigs and small time writers alike need to realize the impact they can have on children – so we all better do this thing right, ‘cause we can’t afford to steer them wrong.

Shows like Satam dealt bravely with loss (losing Uncle Chuck to the Roboticizor), standing up against injustice, the meaning of freedom and the need to fight for it, using your reason to solve problems (Sonic having to save Sal without his powers) , and the interesting moral dynamics of industry and humanity (as I have mentioned in a previous post). Though it was a “kid-show” it had a lot to say and more to say than most kid shows at the time. And when you got older, I am sure the light bulb went off and you stared mulling over its morals more deeply (probably around the same time the subtle adult jokes started making sense  xD ). It was a fun, fast, and exciting show but it was also edifying.

That’s why I am glad it’s being continued via Sea3on, and now without a bunch of mindless meddlers in three piece suits it can take even more risks (and has, Sea3on really grows the series up alongside its original audience) . In a world with goofy kid shows like (well there’s so many, I challenge you dear reader to give me one in your following posts; feel free to rant about how bad it is compared to Satam - go ahead and fill in the blank madlib-style) ______ , you think there would be an outcry for more honest and edifying kid's shows like Satam. 

#181060 The All-New Sonic Comic Universe!

Posted by jtreese on 12 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

I just hope we don't get another GENESIS Wave plot.

#180877 No One Is Truly Satisfied

Posted by GamemasterAnthony on 11 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

The only real mistake Sega made, from where I see it, was by saying "there's nothing the fans can do about it" in regards to the comic.  Two problems with that.

One...they are wrong.  The fans could decide to say "Take that spike blue rodent of yours and shove it up your ass!" and then decide to walk away from the series completely.  Essentially, screwing both the game and the comic because Sega decided to be a complete douche to the fans.  Technically, they ARE right that the fans could do nothing about which creative direction the comic goes, but they could have been more tactful with it.  Come to think of it...didn't Adam Orth get fired from Microsoft for telling gamers to "deal with it" in a very similar manner?

Two...they're doing it wrong in regards to the comic.  By that I mean they're treating the comic as an advertising medium first rather than as entertainment first.  The comic can work wonders as a means to advertise, but only if it is entertaining and engaging...AND if the the fans can become vested in it.  Sega should probably ask another company that nearly screwed themselves over when THEY tried to use an alternate medium as advertisement first and nearly killed a popular franchise when they did.  That company...was HASBRO!

See...Hasbro during G1 Transformers tried to use the movie as a means to bring in the new line of characters and toys and say goodbye to some of the older ones.  Unfortunately, when one of the characters they killed off in the movie was OPTIMUS PRIME, a lot of fans did the Peter Griffin "DONE!" and walked away.  Hasbro didn't realize that the fans were vested in a lot of the characters, including the fact that many saw Optimus as pretty much the face of the franchise.  Just imagine what would happen if Game Freak decided to get rid of Ash's Pikachu in the anime and you get the idea.  So...Hasbro had to figure out a way to revive Optimus and get those fans back.

Sega's making the same mistake here.  A lot of the fans, especially the "old school" fans they were trying to draw back, are pretty much vested in the idea of Sonic and Sally being a couple since a lot of those fans are still fans of the old SatAM series.  (This message board is proof of that!)  In fact, by trying to reset Sonic ALL the way back, they basically screwed Sonic over because they tried to retcon a lot of the more significant and (in my opinion) important character developments in Sonic.  Sonic as a hero is great...but Sonic as someone who can be like a brother to Tails and can still find time to have a relationship is a more well rounded character instead of a two-dimensional trope.

Actually...Sega should just step back and let Ian do his own thing with the comic.  People liked "Sonic Other-M" because he could tell a relatively good story while still remaining faithful to the source material.  Hell...I thought playing off when Knuckles was a villian in Sonic 3 to make him a villian in Other-M was pretty clever.  The only reason people hate Ian right now is because even I could tell there was a story Ian WANTED to write...but Sega isn't letting him.  Worse yet...this seems to be coloring people's view of the old Other-M comic since I've seen those who once liked the comic now badmouthing it.

I think the fans will come around once the story becomes more cohesive.  Yes, like bwrosas said there will still be those who aren't satisfied, but overall I think if Ian can be allowed to write the story he was trying to write without Sega sticking their nose in that the comic will be better off as a result and the fans will like it more.

#166934 Sea3On (Animated) Thread

Posted by FormerlyAKnotholeResident on 12 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

Prime, Im quite aware of my past and know of the misdeeds that I committed. There's no point in dwelling on irrelevant subject matters for the sake of opening wounds. Chief and I had a private discussion about this and if he and the other admins can move on, I dont see why you cant. The only thing that one can do in a damaged situation like that is learn from the experience. Granted, Ive made numerous proclamations of leaving the fanbase F0R3VERZ, but it was only for a couple days or a couple weeks. Ive been away from fanbases in general for nearly 3 years. A lot can happen within that time frame and fortunately, it did...for the better. I became more focused on my original projects, my career path, and broaden my social life. Retrospectively, my 20s was the worst era of my life. Economic hardship, living with a family that doesn't support your endeavors or choices of lifestyle, watching every aspect of entertainment just crumble; emphasis on Sonic. The fact that Ive been around the online Sonic fanbase since 1994, the early 00s was a decade of question business practices, inept decisions, and embarrassing releases. Add to that to my depression and you get a rage riddled Sonic fan that projected bitterness and negativity everywhere cause he yearned for a time when money wasnt an issue and his childhood franchises werent being bastardized. Its why I became so militant about SatAM. I honestly thought it was the only variation of Sonic that everyone should watch and used to coercion upon Sonic fans that disagreed with me. The movie project was my way to assert my purpose in the fandom and yes, it was an act of attention cause I claimed to be the savior of the SatAM franchise. To be succinct about the whole thing, I was a dick and I sincerely apologize for all the commotion and drama that I inflicted.

And to preface, this is not one of those phony apologies for the intent of weaseling myself back onto a forum I was banned from as I was notorious for. This is a legitimate remorseful act of redemption cause it honestly took me this long to realize that I was a problem. You see, when you're nearly 3 years away from a hostile community, it gave me the opportunity to reflect and analyze why everyone was on my case. I started to view Sonic from an outsiders perspective and came to the realization that I was increasingly overbearing in my posts and videos. It all stemmed to my crippling depression and my actions clouded my judgement cause Sonic evolved into a dangerous obsession where it consumed my life to where it was the only thing I concentrated on. Want to know why I was frequently posting on various Sonic boards on a daily basis? That's the reason.

Call it a revelation, but the time I quit the Sonic Fan Film and left the fanbase was the same time I turned 30. It may have been a cosmic coincidence, but to me it represented growth and transition. And from early 2011-now, my life has dramatically improved. I moved out of my mom's, landed a full time job thats conducive to my talent, paying off my student debt without family assistance, and overall, being independent.

So the question is this. Am I still a fan of Sonic and other franchises still? Of course, but Im not vocal about it nor place it on a high priority list. Some people know that Im a fan of that My Little Pony show, but ironically, I have NEVER posted on any of their forums or anywhere in general. Same applies to music forums. Its not that I dont wanna interact with other people who share my interest, I just fear of repeating history and its a great way to show restraint. The only venues I do post on, are my own private blogs.

As of recent though, Ive noticed that the Sea3on comic has made a jump in quality in terms of its aesthetics, narrative, and creativity. I started reading them again when I discovered an issue that dealt with NICOLE and Ive been very engaged with its story. When I heard that the comic was being adapted into a animated series, it was like that first moment when I joined FUS back in 2000. Ambitious SatAM fans uniting to bring back SatAM in some form or at least getting Season 3 produced. It might be nostalgia talking, but I find it very endearing that FUS is finally accomplishing their original goal. And let me just answer you right now, no, Im not asking if I can contribute. I'm just a quite observer from the sidelines lending my support. Besides, from the videos Ive watched it seems that you guys have a professional team assembled and I look forward to see its progress.

Anyway, this went on longer than I intended. Whether you forgive me or not from my past transgressions is up to you, but being antagonistic on old trivial e-drama isn't going to accomplish anything positive. With that said, I wish everyone involved with Seas3on animated good luck!

#161054 The Fus Awards - The Best Of The Worst (Feb 2013)

Posted by RedAuthar on 20 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

NOMINATIONS ARE OVER!
THE VOTING IS OVER! CHECK OUT THE WINNERS HERE!

Alright let's start off with some simple opinion based Categories to test the waters.

THE BEST OF THE WORST!

Categories:
  • The Best Worst Sonic Game:
    • The Sonic Game That the FUS Community hates the most (or at least likes the least)!
    • Rules:
      • No Spin-off Games! It has to be one of Sonic's quests. No Olympics, Shuffle, Party Games, McDonald's Handhelds, etc.
      • It can be a remake. Maybe you like the original and hate the remake. That's cool.
    • Right now your voting for Nominations. After I get enough the top 5 will be resubmitted to find out which you guys hate the most.
  • The Best Worst Sonic Game Power-Up/Upgrade:
    • Ever get the Drop Shot in Metal Slug? It's the worst Power-Up ever. Similar Concept, which Sonic Power-Up/Upgrades.
    • Rules:
      • Give the Game it's from and who can use it in your vote. Is it the Fire Shield from Sonic 3? Maybe it's the Knuckles's Sunglasses from Sonic Adventure 2? State what game it's from and what characters so I know what it is.
      • It has to be a Power-Up item or and Upgrade Item. Shadow's Guns don't Count. Vehicles don't count (though upgrades for the SA2 Walkers do). Natural Abilities don't count (Unless they have to be unlocked).
      • No Super Forms.
    • Again you're voting for Nominations. Later I'll let you guys vote on the Top 5 again.
  • The Best Worst Sonic SatAM Character:
    • Ever thought a Sonic SatAM Character was annoying? Ever wish Dulcy ceased existing? Maybe you wished Ari never showed up? Vote for who you think is the most annoying/useless/lamest character.
    • Rules:
      • They Have to have Speaking Lines. That way They have some form of Personality.
      • No Generics. Along with the No Speaking Lines, they have to actually do something. Sure the Extra Freedom Fighters who just chill in Knothole and only show up for the Meetings are annoying....but they don't qualify. And you can't just pick a single SWATbot who had a one-liner in one episode.
    • Same as Before. Nominations. Top 5.
I think a Week is good for this Contest, so let's say The Morning of the 24th March 3rd nominations will be closed. That way by Next Wednesday the top 5s should be up.

#143164 Message From Ian Flynn

Posted by saber16 on 20 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hey, in the end the writers and aritsts have their final say.
Frankly, I just don't like the outfit. I'm fine with everything else, but it's just the design, but then again maybe I'm just not used to sally wearing pants. Maybe some tweaking will be done to it, maybe they'll just go back to the original, or maybe fans will chill. I still stand by what I said, the whole idea of change feels needless for me because I never saw the characters as outdated, but that's just me. I still like the writing, and maybe I'll eat my own words and love the new designs when they settle in.
I don't have a clue.

.... Heh, a group of grown ups whining about the new design for a cartoon chipmunk... man, that's hilarious.