Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

The Agents Of Gun

humans the great war spinoff sales pitch joss whedon GUN shadow dark mobious overlanders

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

It's pretty interesting thus far, I just have some background/story questions.  Course feel free to avoid spoilers. 

First off, you are using military ranks for the characters. I'm assuming since they're special forces they may all be from different branches of the military, however I see a lot of Marine references.  Is the marine corps your primary inspiration?  

Since this is the Sonic Wave continuity, what is some of the backstory that leads up to the situation?  In Archie Geoffrey is only a few years older than Sonic and co, so during the Great War he'd be a mere child.  How is this different in your universe?  

How tall are your Mobians?  Sonic's official Height is 3'3''.  This averages Mobians at 3-4 feet tall.  This also explains why Sonic usually only comes up about halfway on Eggman.  Are you making your mobians taller or using the normal heights?

#22 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:54 PM

Never thought about asking about the Mobian's height.  Good one.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#23 coolbreeze88

coolbreeze88

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

It's pretty interesting thus far, I just have some background/story questions.  Course feel free to avoid spoilers. 

First off, you are using military ranks for the characters. I'm assuming since they're special forces they may all be from different branches of the military, however I see a lot of Marine references.  Is the marine corps your primary inspiration?  

Since this is the Sonic Wave continuity, what is some of the backstory that leads up to the situation?  In Archie Geoffrey is only a few years older than Sonic and co, so during the Great War he'd be a mere child.  How is this different in your universe?  

How tall are your Mobians?  Sonic's official Height is 3'3''.  This averages Mobians at 3-4 feet tall.  This also explains why Sonic usually only comes up about halfway on Eggman.  Are you making your mobians taller or using the normal heights?

well to answer your first question. given their designated as a "black ops" unit, i think its safe to assume they are a sort of de facto "fifth branch" of the GUN forces. this is actually advantageous as it makes team echelon an extremely flexible fighting force capable of rapid action and deployment while other squadrons like spider trope and team paladin are bogged down in bureaucracy(shadow did bring up a couple of times how much he doesn't like GUN protocol) and are directly answerable to the president. essentially the UF's version of the secret service or "section 9" and as such, Commander Tower and Hugo Brass are very distrusting of them for obvious reasons.

also, what makes my Sonic WAVE continuity different from the main timeline is of course this great war lasted considerably longer than 5 years for reasons I have yet to explain, but one of the factors has to be the United Federation forming before the onset as was revealed by the narrator.

also different is instead of collaborating, Naugus and Robotnik/Dr.Eggman are too busy fighting amongst each other for either of them to attempt a coup de etat (Yet) but both are aiding The kingdom of acorn with technology and magic..if only to divert attention away from their own agendas.

sub-human overlanders also don't exist in this timeline, only humans and mobians.

lastly, mobian heights are difficult to gauge sense they vary from race to race. but i would have to say mobians can be around 3"3 as Sonics official height all the way up to human height in this timeline. so I would say Geoffery St. John is about up to Lt. Allen's upper chest at most (5"7).

and that's as far as I'm going to go without spoiling anything.

#24 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

Nice planning.  B)

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#25 coolbreeze88

coolbreeze88

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

Nice planning.  B)

I have some good news and some bad news in regards to AOG. the good news is I got recruited to be a head writer on a collaborative sonic project known as sonic quantum. bad news is AOG is on hiatus because of it... sorry.

but feel free to still ask me spoil free questions about it so I can better flesh it out for the future.

#26 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

As long you take the road God gives you, go for it!  You can always come back to AOG when the time is right, and you know where to find support.

gallery 51493 212 294091

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: humans, the great war, spinoff, sales pitch, joss whedon, GUN, shadow, dark, mobious, overlanders

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users