Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (04 July 2020 - 03:27 PM)

Happy Brexit 1776

@  Wulfsbane : (29 May 2020 - 06:16 AM)

Yo Lito

@  furrykef : (25 May 2020 - 09:38 AM)

I can handle it, but why do you want to delete your account?

@  Lito290 : (24 May 2020 - 09:02 PM)

How does one request the deletion of their account?

@  VHS : (21 May 2020 - 04:04 PM)

I gotta join that then

@  Shadow : (14 May 2020 - 01:17 PM)

Sure is. A lot more lively than here.

@  VHS : (02 May 2020 - 08:31 AM)

Oh shoot there's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 06:58 PM)

It's a disagreement between two people...n judging what goes on in there sometimes that's a very apt description xD

@  John Roberts : (25 April 2020 - 05:34 PM)

What's a Discord?

@  Nex : (25 April 2020 - 04:15 PM)

Activity is spread across forum, discord 'n the site chat room. There's life, it's just hiding under different rocks :D

@  RedAuthar : (25 April 2020 - 04:13 PM)

It's still slow. We ain't dead. Just close

@  VHS : (23 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Wait, I thought this place wasn't dead, it seemed active

@  VHS : (23 April 2020 - 11:20 AM)

I LIVE

@  wildfire : (22 April 2020 - 10:57 AM)

Ya know John, I wouldn't be surprised if it was me. At least I'm a bit more active these days

@  chief : (20 April 2020 - 05:24 PM)

Discod stays going pretty good

@  Nex : (20 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Is the Discord busy? Still trying t figure out where most of you monkeys hang out.

@  MauEvig : (19 April 2020 - 07:58 PM)

Well, I'll be chilling on the Discord. :)

@  John Roberts : (19 April 2020 - 12:32 PM)

It's just you, Wildfire. You're killing us mate!

@  wildfire : (19 April 2020 - 09:01 AM)

To be fair, there are more rapid forms of communication these days. The Discord server sees a far bit of attention. I remember the IRC too, but that's dead last I looked

@  MauEvig : (18 April 2020 - 08:10 PM)

A shame. And here I'm finally getting back into the spirit of everything Sonic. Well maybe we just need to liven things up. :)

Photo

Shortage Of Echidna Fanart

Fanart Echidnas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

Have you noticed there's not much fanart of Echidnas?

#2 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:12 AM

I dunno, maybe it's cause Penders made them all look alike?

Not trying to be an ass but lets be honest. Making Echidnas is almost viewed under the same scope as hedgehog recolors.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,627 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:13 AM

Despite apparently being really popular when it came out, the Knuckles Comics tend not to get much love these days.  

#4 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

I haven't gotten to his comics yet.  As for echidna art, there is plenty for Knuckles on deviantart.  He does count as an echidna, right?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#5 MauEvig

MauEvig

Feline Warrior Guardian

• Fellow FUSer
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:51 AM

To be fair, just how exactly are other echidnas supposed to look like? If they belong to the same species, of course they're going to have some resemblance to Knuckles. 

Even if we consider the different design elements behind the other hedgehog characters, Shadow, Silver and even Amy look a lot like Sonic. Classic Amy especially just looks like a pink Sonic in a dress. 

And when it all comes down to it, all the characters have that Sonicy style. You could make the same argument with most other video game or cartoon characters. The Lion King is a good example, you can tell by looking at the style of each lion character that they're exclusive to that world and universe.

Penders, for all the rotten things he did at least gave them some amount of distinguishing characteristics like different colors, some hair styles, personalities etc. 

Though I think Shade from Sonic chronicles was one of the more unique designs considering she has those wild dreads that stick up in the air.

#6 Prime

Prime

"Son, I am disappoint"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 01:08 AM

To be fair, just how exactly are other echidnas supposed to look like? If they belong to the same species, of course they're going to have some resemblance to Knuckles. 

Even if we consider the different design elements behind the other hedgehog characters, Shadow, Silver and even Amy look a lot like Sonic. Classic Amy especially just looks like a pink Sonic in a dress. 

And when it all comes down to it, all the characters have that Sonicy style. You could make the same argument with most other video game or cartoon characters. The Lion King is a good example, you can tell by looking at the style of each lion character that they're exclusive to that world and universe.

Penders, for all the rotten things he did at least gave them some amount of distinguishing characteristics like different colors, some hair styles, personalities etc. 

Though I think Shade from Sonic chronicles was one of the more unique designs considering she has those wild dreads that stick up in the air.

It's most likely due to the fact that when you look at the Echidna characters in the comics, most of the male characters just look like Knuckles wearing different cosplay outfits. Sometimes they might have a different colour or shade of fur or they might have bushy eyebrows but they all still look more or less like Knuckles. It's like Ken Penders just kinda had one of those base character creator programs set to Echidna that used Knuckles as a template and he just added things like outfits and changed their colours and "BOOM!" new original character, donut steel. There's nothing visually setting them apart from Knuckles (outfits shouldn't count) unlike say Shadow and Silver compared to Sonic. All three of those guys are Hedgehogs but Shadow and Silver aren't just black and grey Sonic, there's enough differences in their overall design to set them apart from each other. As an example take The Dark Brotherhood character Shade who was an Echidna but she looked visually different compared to Knuckles and Tikal and that design of her made her pop out more.
6enG6qO.jpg

'Star Wars' is my story, just like my house is my house. So if I wanna paint my house green, even if everyone else thinks it should be red, guess what? I'm gonna paint it Jar Jar! - George Lucas

"The Devil Inside is the new scam from director William Something Something. The movie stars actors and was edited on a computer. Somewhere. This movie is the latest film in a series of very low budget films designed to look like real movies! And be released in theaters to make a quick buck via a horribly off kilter budget to profit ratio that the general public seem to be stupidly unaware of! These films use to be called 'direct to video' but now they are called 'first run features'. These films then vanish from the theaters, like a rapist leaving the scene of a crime." - Mike Stoklasa of RedLetterMedia

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fanart, Echidnas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users