Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

FUS 'Merchandise'?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RockyRaccoon_*

Guest_RockyRaccoon_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:15 PM

I was pondering opening up a cafeexpress, or similar style shop for folks to buy maybe 'FUS T-shirts' from, at a post someone posted in the vents section. Of course, money from this would go straight to the site, since no one actually donates, so it may or may not be extra incentive. of course, theres some issues:

#1.) We can probably use the Site's current logo. (Not the Sally/Sonic one, but the 'FUS' one in the SatAM Logo style. However. a.) I'm not sure on 'copyright law' but is it being too close to the 'real' logo a problem with selling it? and b.) We'd need to get Elisto Dragonwing's permission, he made it.

#2.) Would you actually buy things with the Logo? What would you want? Cheap things, like Mousepads and plastic cups... or do you want T-shirts, and hats and cermanic mugs?

#3.) How much you pay for said item at a Least Amount, and Max Amount?

I'm posting this in 'group projects' because.. well, maybe folks wanna submit ideas?

#2 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE ("RockyRaccoon":1gluc7k8)
I was pondering opening up a cafeexpress, or similar style shop for folks to buy maybe 'FUS T-shirts' from, at a post someone posted in the vents section. Of course, money from this would go straight to the site, since no one actually donates, so it may or may not be extra incentive. of course, theres some issues:

#1.) We can probably use the Site's current logo. (Not the Sally/Sonic one, but the 'FUS' one in the SatAM Logo style. However. a.) I'm not sure on 'copyright law' but is it being too close to the 'real' logo a problem with selling it? and b.) We'd need to get Elisto Dragonwing's permission, he made it.

#2.) Would you actually buy things with the Logo? What would you want? Cheap things, like Mousepads and plastic cups... or do you want T-shirts, and hats and cermanic mugs?

#3.) How much you pay for said item at a Least Amount, and Max Amount?

I'm posting this in 'group projects' because.. well, maybe folks wanna submit ideas?

Elisto drew it from my suggestion so for what it's worth you've got my approval :3 you could always have an artist do a different design if all else fails happy.gif
I don't know about prices and things since I really have no money right now, but something I've often thought would be cool is FUS pins/buttons/badges. I don't know if I'd wear a shirt with the logo hugely emblazoned on it or not (at least I don't know how much I'd wear it/could justify with the price), but I'd certainly order a set of pins when I got the money :3
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#3 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE ("RockyRaccoon":w55dicpq)
I'm not sure on 'copyright law' but is it being too close to the 'real' logo a problem with selling it?

The potential problem here would be trademark law, not copyright law. Logo designs cannot be copyrighted.

I'm pretty darn sure you'd be in the clear there, too. The only real aspect of the law you could run afoul of is if there is any possible confusion that Sega (or whoever owns the trademark) endorses the product that you're selling, which I don't think is very likely at all -- not merely by the logo's design alone, anyway.

- Kef

#4 Guest_Tyrone_man_*

Guest_Tyrone_man_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

Everything in the logo is either a generic term, or an unknown abreviation. There is NO trademark infringement at all, the fact that it sublimely refers to a sega product is of no consequence. If you had an abbreviation that meant something about sonic, but that included sega or sonic, it still wouldn't be a crime, since its a stupid abbreviation. You can't trademark random letters or a thought. (although, some bastards argue that you can copyright a thought )

#5 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

I think FUS merchandise is a great idea. Not only would it bring profit to the site, but it could spread word about SatAM.
I won't give up! I will put SatAM Sonic back on the air!

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:10 PM

Eh.. then we would have to deal with certain things and actually do work sad.gif

#7 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

Not to mention the legal side of it would be sketchy at best.

#8 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:02 PM

Would this go beyond anything of coffee cups and t shirts?

#9 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,004 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:22 PM

Honestly, who here would actually buy any of that crap? Not to mention most folk here are too poor and cynical to worry about such trivial little nitnicks. There's absolutely no need for FUS to turn a profit; Rocky couldn't afford to pay for this site hence the whole 'merchandise' idea in the first place. And, well, that is never going to be a problem again.

9:06

#10 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:25 PM

Thats my take on it. And..John and myself are lazy...

But no.. It would cost us money to start, I doubt it would make a profit, and I can't see huge sales.

I am looking for ways to make the site break even monthly, but without adds and stuff. No idea how I will pull that off but I have plans.

#11 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,004 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:31 PM

You have no idea, but you have a plan? You're not a Cylon by any chance are ya?

#12 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:07 PM

Quiet you!

#13 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,004 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:16 PM

Please. Like you even get that reference, you pop culture retard.

#14 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:47 PM

Pop culture sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users