Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

Photo

Sonic Fanfiction Coalition

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#1 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

The Sonic Fanfiction Coalition  

Mission Statement: 

We here at The Sonic Fanfiction Coalition  strive to provide aspiring writers with a haven where we can complement , constructively critique, share, and read each other’s work in professional, edifying, and respectful manner. Here we allow each other equal opportunity to be read, enjoy the company and conversation of fellow writers, help each other improve as writers, and bring an overall edification to the craft of Sonic-themed Fanfiction, which though highly popular needs much literary improvement as a whole. We here at The SFC recognize that a mere margin of fanficition writings and their writers have potential and the necessary drive for improvement. As small as this number might be, we are steadfast in our belief that these writers and their writings are worth improving, and their works are worth propagating for the betterance of the fandom and the fans. Above all, we are a group seeking to improve our beloved craft, and to celebrate our love of Sonic-based lore.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Rules of Conduct/ Bylaws:

[Under Delegation]

I. On Censorship, Quality of Material, and Ratings:

Above all we here at SFC strive to have a community open for all ages within the diverse Sonic Fandom. Works that are normativly published here are considered PG-13 (teen rating) or lower. Before publishing any restricted work, please PM a leader with in the the group so it can be tagged/ go through the acceptance process. All published material is and will be deemed safe for work. Material that is not safe for work (NSFW) will not be excepted. Adult-exclusive works will not be tolerated. Note that We encourage self-censor ship, we would rather you forewarn others than have us have to. You will gain respect and trust from such actions and will elimnate unecessary grunt-work on our reviewers. 

Your work can be tagged or scrapped if it found to have the following:

1. Works that are deemed Trangressive (glorifying/celebrating torture, toxic relationships, incest, rape, murder, eccettera).

2. Ideologically Insensitive Content. Works that contain strong opinons and insights are welcome in a sub-textual sense. But works deemed overtly preachy or deliberately offensive. Yaoi, Yuri, and "fetishy" works of a higly egocentricly erotic nature will not be accepted for the undermind our mission statement and communal intrests.

3. Romance is accepted. Overt and graphic erotica is not. No Rule 34. We care about the characters and story: love not mere lust. 

4.  As long as the work is conveying a written narrative, visual art is indeed accepted. Illustrations (eg. Cover-Art) and comics can be published and reviewed. Note that all other rules apply to these works.

5. You must acknowledge a rating or general audience, and provide warnings of what we feel might need to be addressed.  

For Example: 
War for Mobius - Rating: T - Genre: Sci-Fic/Adventure - Contains:  Medium Level Violence, some humor that may not be appropriate for children under 13.  

II. Rules of Conduct

1. "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself..." If you keep to this you will go far here. 

2. Respect the critiques. If your Fan Fic gets panned, use it to get better.

3. Likewise be encouraging and edifying when writing reviews, but be honest as well (Constructive criticism).

4. If questions get asked answer them clearly and respectfully (if its about your fan fic). You can withhold the right to hide spoilers.

5. You can only request one review a week unless given express permission. This is to avoid attention-stealing from frequent posters.

6. All reviews will be reciprocated to some degree. Merits and demerits will be given to people. Those with much merit will be awarded with more publicity and respect in the group.

III. General Rule:

. 1. The Leaders of SFC withhold the right to deem if some act or work from a member violates the spirt of all these laws. 

2. No gossip and back-biting. If you have a problem with something/ someone, take up with them personally. If they persist or the problem continues take it up with a leader within the group in private. If the problem persists it will be dealt with. Likewise, no witch-hunting or pettiness whatsoever. We don't like tattle-tails.  

3. Members will respect the authority and rules of the frequented sites in which this group has claims, particularly the FUS Forum.

IV. Updated Rules:

1. Group Skype Meetings - Tons of us aren't even aware these are happening (I'm not).  While Private Skype Texts/Chats/Calls can continue as is, large group meetings should be planned out ahead of time and posted here.  If you need help setting up a meeting, contact RedStranger or me.  If needed we can also hook you up with a chat room meeting.
  2. Don't forget FUS - Try to keep something of your story on FUS even if you host it on Deviant Art or FanFiction.net.  A link or and update schedule or something.  If you're not updating here FUSers won't notice your story updating at all.  I have no idea who is on what chapter or what project anymore because those posts aren't here on FUS.  Keep the rest of the Coalition in the loop by posting here.  Even if it is just in this thread.  
  3. Forum Based Stories - If FUS is hosting your story, make sure there's an out of story thread to also post in.  Many FUSers don't like posting directly in the middle of someone's chapter.  Create a secondary topic for updates.  Also try finding a secondary host like DeviantArt.  It helps spread the Fan Fiction.
  4. Scheduled Updates - While you can't rush art, and life schedules get in the way, a large part of the Fan Fictions not being noticed is because they haven't Updated recently.  Most FUSers don't like posting in topics over a month old with no updates.  Your individual topics should be updated at least weekly or biweekly.  Even if you don't have a new chapter, post a status update too keep people in the loop.  
  5. Post in Other Writer's Topics - We have a nasty habit of posting in our own topic but never looking at someone else's (or at least not commentating so nobody notices).  If you want to be noticed, you need to help others get noticed.  They in turn should return the favor.  This here is also what the whole Coalition is about, helping everyone's topics/stories get noticed (that and improving them when we can).  Make suggestions, ask questions, or just comment on if you liked the current chapter.  The more replies, the more people notice the topic.  

_________________________________________________________________________________

Newsletter:

[Upcoming Tutorial. ]

____________________________________________________________________________________

Membership Roster/Rank:

TheRedStranger - "Lord Cerise."

RedAuthar - FUS/SFC Representative/ Editor.

Uncle Ben - "Uncle Wulfsbane" Consultant / Frequent  Contributor.

Bytor "Darth Acorn" - Consultant/ Frequent Contributor. Prolific Reviewer Award!

ILOVEVHS  -  Contributor. Reviews Pending...

Captain Sorzo - Consultant/  Published Member/ Through Reviewer Award!.

Mike Arcade "The Pixel Brain" - Unpublished Member

ZealousFox - Contributor.

Accepted Series/Serials: 

Uncle Ben's: Wulfsbane Chronicles/ Sonic and The Timeshifter.

Red Authar's Sonic The Hedgehog: War for Mobius. 

Red Authar's Sonic The Hedgehog: War for Mobius/ Sidestories.

The Red Stranger's Sonic The Hedgehog: Edge of Tommorow:

Captain Sorzo's The Princess and The Demon

Prince Bytor's Sonic The Hedgehog: One Bad Day.

Accepted Short Stories:

Accepted Crossovers:

ILOVEVHS's You Can Never Tell (Sonic X Gremlins).

SFC-based Threads:

Fan-Fic Fixin' (Analyzing Popular Fan-Fictions and Derivative Works)
What Would've You Done Differently? (Analyzing Archie Comics).
Game Changers (Analyzing the Games)
Build a Better Mobius (Rebuilding an excitingly lush lore for and about  Sonic's true home.)
Satam Reconstructed (Analyzing Satam, and improving it's concepts and execution from the groundwork up).
How would you Reboot Satam?  (For those who want to start from scratch...)
Make a Scene (A Fun Situational Writing RP that's coming soon.)

Edited by RedAuthar, 01 February 2015 - 09:32 AM.
Rules Update

#2 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hmmm interesting. I like the idea

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Actually there used to be a Fan Fic area....

But for some reason one of the updates deleted the ability to past Stories in the Gallery so it kinda died.

#4 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

But for some reason one of the updates deleted the ability to past Stories in the Gallery so it kinda died.

Well we can revive it. Who wants to go first

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#5 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Perhpas we can learn from the past and improve upon the idea. 

Thoughts?

#6 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

I say just link it here and lets review, ctrique, and all that jazz

#7 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I say just link it here and lets review, ctrique, and all that jazz

We could do that.

We can also pull the "rate the last book you read" game. Where we give a critque about a piece or chapter we just got through..

I also might ask people to do weekly spot light read for a new comer or frequent writer where we all discuss there piece via here. That way every one gets a shot in the limelight.

And then some Newsletter/Tuturorials/Games/ Writer Challanges stuff every so often in the mix.

Any ideas for fun games/special events?

#8 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well since most of us are fan fic writers i say every week one of us posts one of our works for us to review and disect and stuff along with another you may have found as well

#9 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Well since most of us are fan fic writers i say every week one of us posts one of our works for us to review and disect and stuff along with another you may have found as well

I like that.

#10 Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Running Wild

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

I am so for this idea, I should probably start writing stuff instead of getting just notes down, perhaps later on we can do a Behind The Scenes on how we do our certain stories. I can think of a few writing challenges that could put you guys in for a spin, I'm REALLY gonna enjoy that...

Not sure if I've ever seen a Coalition like this before, it would be wise to expand it to other sites (like FF.Net) because let's face it, the Sonic Community as a whole NEEDS stuff like this. I cannot count how many High School AUs I have seen for this series and it bores the shit out of me. Quality over quantity folks!

Seriously, HOW THE HELL did nobody know that Robotnik was evil!? I mean just look at those red, glowing, hellish eyes, oh yeah I can completely trust that guy with my life! *sarcasm*

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

So who wants to go first

#12 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

ME!
image.jpg

#13 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

fine. BUT NO SONIC X FEMALE TAILS to start

#14 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

ME!

Possible Areas of Expansion. Deviant Art Groups. And Fan Fiction Dot Net.

Ground Rules.

1. The Golden Rule.

2.Nothing that goes against the rules of this forum.

Agreed?

VHS. If you swear fealty to the group and it's bylaws. You can go first!

#15 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Lets trying keeping it PG-13 or lower. R if and ONLY IF we all agree that it can be shown

How about this for rules

1. NO YAOI: WE REALLY DONT NEED TO SEE IT
  2. NO YURI: Some may wanna see it but still
  3. PG-13 or lower. R if warned and agreed upon
  4. Forum Rules.
  5. NO RULE 34
  6. Respect the critques. If your Fan Fic gets panned, use it to get better
  7. IF questions get asked Answer them (if its about your fan fic)

#16 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Anything NSFW is a no no. 

#17 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

fine. BUT NO SONIC X FEMALE TAILS to start

I TOLD YOU, I EDITED IT OUT!!!!!

ME!

Possible Areas of Expansion. Deviant Art Groups. And Fan Fiction Dot Net.

Ground Rules.
1. The Golden Rule.
2.Nothing that goes against the rules of this forum.
Agreed?

VHS. If you swear fealty to the group and it's bylaws. You can go first!

I swear.

http://www.fanfictio...VS-the-Gremlins

Just a run-of-the-mill crossover to get me familiar with writing.
image.jpg

#18 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

And if you don't like Gremlins, you're screwed.
image.jpg

#19 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

So whats the timeframe we agreed upon?? Few days to a week?

#20 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Every week.
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users