Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Looking For Transcripts

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#1 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

There is a small project going on currently involving subbing SatAM into French. One of the leaders of this project contacted me today and discussed the goals of what he wishes to do, and how FUS could help if needed. I'll discuss more details with everyone once the partnership is made between both sites tomorrow or the net day.

However to prep for things and show this group that FUS is a great website and the top source for anything SatAM, I'm looking for some people to do transcripts for us. If you wish to help spread SatAM into other languages this is the project you want to be apart of.

Anyways if you are interested in transcribing some episodes and helping out in a big project speak up.

As I said I'll give details on the other site in question, as well as the projects complete goals once I confirm our partnership. If you are interested in more you can PM. However for now I'm just looking for a simple "Hey, I can do transcripts!".

Thanks guys,

Lets show the world how awesome SatAM is!

Update: All episodes have now been claimed. Thanks for your help on this huge undertaking. Keep an eye on this thread for postings on when each transcript is available.

EDIT: Just to clean things up I'm not looking for French translations. I need English Transcripts of the episodes so the real translators can read those and put it into French. Its much easier to translate from a written text then oral. If you want to know what a transcript is check out the few we have: http://www.sonicsatam.com/trans/

List of Episodes needing Transcripts. Crossed ones mean that that Transcript is finished. Bold with a name beside it means it's currently being worked on.

Season 1:

Pilot Episode - Heads or Tails - PDF
1st Episode - Sonic Boom - PDF
2nd Episode - Sonic & Sally - PDF
3rd Episode - Ultra Sonic - PDF
4th Episode - Sonic And The Secret Scrolls - MoKat - PDF
5th Episode - Super Sonic - MoKat - PDF
6th Episode - Sonic Racer - btstlouis - PDF
7th Episode - Harmonic Sonic - MoKat - PDF
8th Episode - Hooked on Sonics - PDF
9th Episode - Sonics Nightmare - Saber16 - PDF
10th Episode - Warp Sonic - Saber16 - PDF
11th Episode - Sub Sonic - MoKat
12th Episode - Sonic Past Cool - MoKat

Season 2:

13th Episode - Game Guy - Hammer - PDF
14th Episode - Sonic Conversion - PDF
15th Episode - Blast To The Past I - Bakuda - PDF
16th Episode - Blast To The Past II - Bakuda
17th Episode - No Brainer - Saber16
18th Episode - Fed Up With Antoine & Ghost Busted (Who is the luck SoB who will do this one?) - Saber16
19th Episode - Dulcy - Saber16
20th Episode - The Void - MoKat
21st Episode - The Odd Couple & Ro-Becca (Another awesome one... :guiltysmiley: ) - Saber16
22nd Episode - Cry Of The Wolf - MoKat
23rd Episode - Drood Henge - MoKat
24th Episode - Spyhog - Saber16
25th Episode - The Doomsday Project - John Roberts

After completing a transcript please PM them to Bakuda. From there he can upload them onto the site and we can cross that episode off the list. Lets get these all done good guys!

#2 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

Ah so that's what it's about! Sorry Paul, French wasn't one of the languages I learned. xD

#3 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

I'm not looking for people to write them in french. I just need people to write out English transcripts. We already have 5 episodes on the website I think. Reason why the transcripts are needed is its easier for the translators to read and sub into french, then to listen and do it.

#4 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Ah, right right, my apologies. I misread. Well you do need someone to do the rest of them still anyway. xD

#5 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

Yeah so this would be a win win for FUS and anyone who helps out.

#6 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

Indeed. :)

#7 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:14 AM

Oh wow! That could be nice!
I once tried subbing SatAM into Spanish (season 2 was never dubbed) and I got a lot of problems to get it done.
I could only do Game Guy by ear (and it was hell of difficult) and Sonic Conversion (and I had some problems because the transcript in this site wasn't complete).
The idea is awesome, chief. Now I'd like to know if native english-speakers really understand what Sonic says ALL THE TIME. I mean, I was listening to it with my partner and we once said (in "Game guy") "Well...WTF has he just said?

However, I'd suggest to redo the other transcripts, because I think that some dialogue was missing.
For example, in "Sonic Conversion", when Antoine is captured by Uncle Chuck, he says "Or maybe some nice (whatever) to keep your eyes red", and the transcript doesn't write the dialogue.

#8 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

Alright so seeing as everything is finalized now FUS is teaming up with the Unisson Project team to release a French subbed SatAM. The guys over at Unisson Project will be taking up most of the work seeing as FUS only has to provided English Transcripts for them to translate and then put into the episodes as french subs. Its a great little project that won't do any English speakers any good, but it might help bring some popularity to the show in France.

You can check out the blog for Unisson Project here: http://unisson-project.blogspot.com/ as well as a teaser can be found here on youtube:

So I'm still looking for some guys to help out with the transcripts. Would love to hear from anyone who can give a hand.

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

I found two on the web.

#10 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

yeah I'm hoping that some guys can help write them. FUS already has the first 4 episodes but we need the rest written out as well. So far Saber told me he will help but Id like to get another 1 or 2 guys to help me and Saber get them out.

#11 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

I'll do a couple if there are any left when I return home in 7 weeks. I don't have my DVDs with me to do it here.

Also, to save any double ups, people should post here which episode they are transcribing, and one of he admins or mods can edit it into the first post.

9:06

#12 HaricTheHedgehog

HaricTheHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:40 AM

Hello, my nickname in this forum is Haric the Hedgehog, and I am a leader of Unisson Project (Really, really). I just registered on this forum to answer some questions and attract, if there are, the francophones (French speaking guys) members of this forum.

#13 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:41 AM

I could do a transcript of Game Guy. However, I'd need some help for several sentences which I'm not sure about.
I'll post them here, and, if they're solved, I could post a transcript.

#14 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

I'll do the two Blast from the Past episodes.
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#15 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:34 AM

I'm now with Game Guy (about 30% complete), and so far, I've got two things I'm not sure about.

(First scene with Sonic and Sally: Sally's second dialogue) Sally: You know, your _______ perseverance is an example to us all, Sonic.
(Sonic is about to save Ari from the bots. Ari asks Sonic why would the bots follow him, and then the bots recognise Sonic as Priority One) Sonic: That’s why! ______________!

Thanks in advance ^^

#16 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

I'm now with Game Guy (about 30% complete), and so far, I've got two things I'm not sure about.

(First scene with Sonic and Sally: Sally's second dialogue) Sally: You know, your _______ perseverance is an example to us all, Sonic.
(Sonic is about to save Ari from the bots. Ari asks Sonic why would the bots follow him, and then the bots recognise Sonic as Priority One) Sonic: That’s why! ______________!

Thanks in advance ^^

First one:
"You know, your unremitting perseverance is an example to us all, Sonic."

unremitting |ˌənriˈmiti ng |adjectivenever relaxing or slackening; incessant : unremitting drizzle

Second one:

"That's why! Rip and Slip Time!" Why does Sonic have those annoying catch phrases??? And wow...I forgot how annoying Ari's voice is. Anyway, next time you need help please provide a time stamp...it'll help me know exactly where to look
Spoiler

#17 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

Thank you very much, Bakuda.
Awarded a "Additional help" position in the credits!

And yeah, I didn't write the exact second because I thought that people's versions may differ from mine. Mine includes opening, while I've seen others that don't, and in that case the time stamp would be different.

#18 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:54 AM

Thank you very much, Bakuda.
Awarded a "Additional help" position in the credits!

And yeah, I didn't write the exact second because I thought that people's versions may differ from mine. Mine includes opening, while I've seen others that don't, and in that case the time stamp would be different.

True...but it'll still give me a general idea of where to look.

Yay...I get a credit!!!

No problem...glad to help out :guitar:
Spoiler

#19 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

Alright guys, check the first post. I created a list that us admins will use to cross off Episodes that have been done. For those who have finished a transcript please PM Bakuda so he can them upload them to the website.

Lets do this well guys! This is perhaps the first step into subbing SatAM into multiple languages, not just french.

#20 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Just for quality control we should have someone on the staff go through each and every script that is completed to check for typos and the odd human error that tends to creep up in such things. We may as will do this right the first time.:)

9:06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users