Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Other Revival Ideas

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (masterblaster @ Feb 14 2010, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The trick is to get average people interested in or talking about the show. People who aren’t online or have even heard of FUS or SMS. The DVD revival was one of those things. You could walk into a Wal Mart and buy the boxset. It was new (to the average joe) and a fresh take (the last video outing was on VHS and only a few eps.) on the SATAM show.

If someone, anyone outside of the internet is “still” talking about the show…a revival can still take place. And that revival doesn’t necessarily HAVE to be a new TV show, or Feature Film. It could just be a renewed “interest” in preexisting things with a SATAM label attached to them

What about writing a book about SatAM? I was going to write a book about Sonic anyway, so why not? Also, what about Jaleel White? While he's not the biggest star in Hollywood, he is still a pretty well recognized person. Perhaps we can convince him to support us.
I won't give up! I will put SatAM Sonic back on the air!

#42 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

What about writing a book about SatAM?

Also, what about Jaleel White?

Besides a bunch of small roles here and there...the guy hasn't done anything big since "Family Matters". The fact that you have to "google him deep" to even KNOW he WAS Sonic...doesn't help at all.

The only way that would work is if you had the entire cast reunited in support of returning to the show.

Jim Cummings, Charles Adler, Kathy, everyone!

And I'm pretty sure they're not going to all "come together" out of “sheer love” for the show. Someone with alotta money is going to have to write that check to bring everyone back to the table.

Archie tried to write a check for Ben to “finish out” SATAM in a special comic book deal. But that check wasn’t big enough. If a comic book company as large as Archie couldn’t even get Ben Hurst to come on board. Then how on earth are you going to get the rest of the A-lister talent on board with a revival?

SEGA, Archie, DiC and whoever else is connected to all the copywrites have such money. It may take a director like Michael Bay or something to get everyone interested.

Convince those three major powers to meet in the same room and sparks might fly. Anything else and you’re only kidding yourself.

Funny thing is, Archie has been in the room the whole time. DiC is gone. The majority of SEGA has left, save for about two or three people. Archie is the only one still pumping out "SATAM like goodies" month after month after all these years.

And if Archie was to leave the room…then it really would be the “last” preverbal nail in the SATAM coffin.

As there would literally be “no one” (outside of Shout Factory) currently producing SATAM material for the commercial market.

People can only buy the DVD boxset so many times…

I have two boxsets myself, I can't buy anymore...

#43 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

dry.gif *slaps face* NOT THAT KIND OF BOOK!!! I was talking about a book that would talk about the show itself, like how it was created, the cast, etc. And since I'd have to talk to the cast, I could try to convince them to support the cause.

#44 PSI Hedgehog

PSI Hedgehog

Priority one psychic alert. Wanted by the order of Giygas.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

Wasn't there a SatAM game prototype that was never release? Maybe we should get Sega to release it on PSN, WW, etc. For those who think it is impossible, think again. Mother 3 was canceled at one point in time. It ended up moving from Nintendo 64 to Game Boy Advance. I have done some research, and I know that the SatAM game was moved from Genesis (Original game) to 32x (Sonic Mars with Sally and maybe some other Knothole Freedom Fighters, I cannot remember) to Sega Saturn (Sonic Xtreme without the Knothole Freedom Fighters) and was canceled.
Sally realized the power PK (PSI) Freedom α.

#45 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

Outside of the video posted on YouTube, nothing else exists of the Sonic 16 SATAM video game concept.

Someone bought the storyboards to the Sonic Mars project and I don’t think they have been released to the public.

There is nothing to “play” of the SATAM video game concepts. None of the projects ever got to the point of being workable, playable demos.

Besides, there have been a few SATAM related fan games that have gotten farther then Sonic Mars and Sonic-16 anyway…so they would be better candidates to put on PSN or whatever. And it’s not like you couldn’t download and play them already via emulator on your computer, as is…

There was a guy on SMS doing a new 3D type of SATAM game. But the project hasn’t seen an update in AGES and it may have been cancelled already. Someone over there has made some pretty cool Sally sprites for Sonic 1. So the SATAM concept is still being floated around within video games today. Namely the fan communities as I seriously doubt Sega will revisit SATAM in game form anytime soon.

EDIT: apparently SATAM has rerun showings on a kids channel in Australia. This is…good?

#46 Cheezmatt

Cheezmatt

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

The Sonic Mars documentation was released actually. Its content roughly falls into line with Heads or Tails' depiction of the show.
Posted Image

Aussie #3

#47 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:41 AM

Can any of the Australian members confirm the SATAM re-airing? Isn't this the first time (in what, 3-4 years) since the UK POP airings that SATAM has been spotted?

SATAM seems to be making it's way around the world, next stop Japan...

#48 PSI Hedgehog

PSI Hedgehog

Priority one psychic alert. Wanted by the order of Giygas.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

If it succeeds in Japan, there might be some hope of getting an official SatAM game released.

QUOTE (masterblaster @ Mar 3 2010, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Besides, there have been a few SATAM related fan games that have gotten farther then Sonic Mars and Sonic-16 anyway…so they would be better candidates to put on PSN or whatever. And it’s not like you couldn’t download and play them already via emulator on your computer, as is…

There was a guy on SMS doing a new 3D type of SATAM game. But the project hasn’t seen an update in AGES and it may have been cancelled already. Someone over there has made some pretty cool Sally sprites for Sonic 1. So the SATAM concept is still being floated around within video games today. Namely the fan communities as I seriously doubt Sega will revisit SATAM in game form anytime soon.

Other than Sonic Epoch Advance (which has saving issues), Sonic Nebulous, and Sonic Robo Blast 2 (which only has one compatible SatAM character right now), what else is there? I have not found much. Are there any SatAM M.U.G.E.N. characters done in a non-Sonic Battle style? (The Sonic Battle style M.U.G.E.N. characters are too small and hard to hit.)
Sally realized the power PK (PSI) Freedom α.

#49 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

Ya know, if SatAM is travelling around the world, perhaps we can use that to our advantage. happy.gif

#50 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

We should buy an air balloon?

9:06

#51 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

Rouge the Bat has two of those.

#52 Jim Doe

Jim Doe

Just Some Guy

• F3 Staff
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (furrykef @ Mar 27 2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What?! No she doesn- OH I GET IT
Cheers!

#53 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

I meant we could use this as evidence to convince SEGA and Cookie Jar to bring the show back.

#54 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (furrykef @ Mar 27 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was on the same boat as Doe for a second. Hilarious. thumbsup_anim.gif

#55 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (masterblaster @ Feb 14 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I’m not gonna lie, SATAM is small minority in the vast universe of Sega Sonic franchises. But if you combine FUS, SMS, and the thousands of SATAM fans on DA into one pot. Suddenly your small minority is looking pretty big. And that’s just your online presence. That’s not including the SATAM fans offline who remember watching the show but just forgot about it.

The SATAM fanbase is fragmented in this regard. Especially in the realm of “revivals”. There have been some SATAM fans in the past that have given the revival a bad name. It shouldn’t just be “one” person that saves the franchise. It’s a joint effort. And if the community in general is weary of your intentions or doesn’t think you’re professional enough…you’re the captain of “RMS Revival” with no crew. And you’re going to sink, because your ego couldn’t see the iceburg heading your way.

United we stand, divided we fall, etc. etc.

Heck, go to one of those “Tea Parties” that are happening all of the time here in America dressed as a Sonic character. There’s some chick on SMS with a Sally costume. Get those two together with a sign saying “Down with the Dictator” or “Down with Tyranny”.

Palestinian protesters pose as Na'vi from "Avatar"

Hehheh…I can’t help but picture Palestinian protesters dressed up as Freedom Fighters raiding a Israeli tank with stones and rocks.

And you thought I was crazy!

Well, I recently created a deviantart group for those who want to bring back SatAM. By the way, where do the donations go anyway? If enough donations are made, maybe people will take us seriously. I think Chief said something like that. Or maybe it was john.

#56 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

Well, I remember saying something like that, but I was talking about a very large amount of money, which will need an extremely large amount of effort to raise. I wouldn't bother unless you're basically willing to devote your life to it. In any case, I do think money is the only way to get a corporation's attention. After all, money is the only thing they are motivated by.

(You might consider this a cynical viewpoint. It's not. I have thought about it extensively, and arrived at the conclusion that, not only are corporations motivated only by money, it's the only thing they can be motivated by. The reason is that corporations are controlled by a large number of people, and money is the only thing that such a large number of people can have in common. Maybe this isn't necessarily the case when somebody holds a majority share of stock, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is usually true even then -- though maybe that is cynicism...)

#57 masterblaster

masterblaster

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

By the way, where do the donations go anyway?

Into my paypal account. I also take checks, cash, and credit cards.

Operators are standing by.

se habla espanol

#58 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

*GROAN* Why, why is the world today run by merchantisim? Oh well. In the meantime, I'm gonna be working on another letter to SEGA. However, this time I'm including my EVIDENCE. I decided that these few facts might help:

1-The FUS group has been around for over 10 YEARS, as well as having over a hundred members.

2-Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog comic, whose plot is based on SatAM's has printed out more than 200 issues, and is close to becoming the longest video game based comic EVER!

3-over the years there have been showings of SatAM all over the world, including Great Britain, Australia, and soon, Russia.

4-in 2010, the 1st ever FUS con will happen

I might also send a copy of the SatAM petition I posted, but I'd rather wait until there's at least 100 signatures. Only 18 more to go!

#59 ALIENwolve

ALIENwolve

That one guy that doesn't do anything.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (EthanHedgehog @ Apr 20 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*GROAN* Why, why is the world today run by merchantisim? Oh well. In the meantime, I'm gonna be working on another letter to SEGA. However, this time I'm including my EVIDENCE. I decided that these few facts might help:

1-The FUS group has been around for over 10 YEARS, as well as having over a hundred members.

2-Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog comic, whose plot is based on SatAM's has printed out more than 200 issues, and is close to becoming the longest video game based comic EVER!

3-over the years there have been showings of SatAM all over the world, including Great Britain, Australia, and soon, Russia.

4-in 2010, the 1st ever FUS con will happen

I might also send a copy of the SatAM petition I posted, but I'd rather wait until there's at least 100 signatures. Only 18 more to go!
Yay! That accomplishes absolutely nothing!
This is a legally binding sentence.

#60 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

Also, we've had several FUScons already.

76561197990969478.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users