Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

Photo

You Least Favorite Moment On Sonicx

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Massagraf @ Feb 28 2010, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the show aired. I hated that part.

QUOTE (Jman1236 @ May 2 2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's even a episode where Rouge is in a bubble bath(nothing is showing) and she has her gloves on her arms.

Ahh fanservice, the last writing refuge of the bad the lazy and the creatively bankrupt.
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#22 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

Because people never take bubble baths? Such things aren't always intended as fan service, y'know. tongue.gif

I think the gloves thing is partially a running gag, one that runs beyond Sonic X. Sonic characters wouldn't be the first to be wearing gloves at all times.

#23 The Man

The Man

Mind Bullets a.k.a. Telekinesis

• B&'ed
  • 804 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:30 AM

If I'm going to invite you to my place then don't miss my jokes unless you're doing it deliberately. I was trying to say back there Big K was having too much fun with Rouge.

#24 GamemasterAnthony

GamemasterAnthony

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:09 AM

I never got that part with Rouge being clothed in the bath, actually. I mean...the intro to Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar has a quick scene where Sugar and her human friend are taking a bath and she was COMPLETELY covered with bubbles...which the censors had no problems with. So they could've covered Rouge the same way with no problems.

In re to the gloves thing: Personally, I would've thought animators nowadays, even anime animators, would be less lazy than that. I mean...I remember a couple of old Disney and Warner Brothers cartoons where they treated the gloves as gloves and NOT part of that character's body.

#25 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:35 AM

I'm not sure laziness has anything to do with it. It isn't exactly harder to draw a character without gloves than with them.

#26 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

Your Average Couch Potato

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (GamemasterAnthony @ May 1 2010, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the voice acting and instances of "whitehands syndrome" killed it for me.

Voice acting: Having Knux sound like Atem from Yu-Gi-Oh did NOT work. I was halfway expecting Knux to say "I found you Sonic! It's time to D-D-D...D-D-D-DUEL!!!"

Whitehands syndrome: Okay...so Amy and Cream can change into swimsuits to swim, even to the point where they show that they have no toes on their feet (Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?), but they have to keep their gloves on?

Lol I remember Yu-Gi-Oh. That show kicked Pokemon's @$$!

#27 GamemasterAnthony

GamemasterAnthony

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:47 AM

Actually, in regards to voice acting, I'm glad they didn't get to do a Sonic Rush Adventure arc on Sonic X. I'm deathly afraid of who they would've picked for Marine's voice. Where the phrack were they going to find a young girl that talks like a pirate?

#28 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:10 AM

Robotnik: "I don't like the way you attacked Chris and Cosmo. Its one thing to TAKE THEM PRISONER AND THREATEN them, but when you actually hurt somebody that's going too far!"

That's a real quote folks.

#29 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

Ugh... So many things can be said, so I'll just cover one.

Without a doubt, Chris is part of the show I hated the most. When I was a little kid, I would often fantasize about going on adventures with cartoon or video game heroes. I mean, that would be any kids dream come true, right? So, when whiny-ass Richie Rich got to hang with Sonic, I was like "...really? The writers decided on a fabulously wealthy, slightly neglected, selfish brat to befriend Sonic?" I mean, seriously. It might be a cliche, but why not an average kid that the majority of the audience could better relate to? It sorta just didn't seem fair.

Then again, you could probably just scrap the superfluous human sidekick element, entirely. Maybe the show would've fared a bit better.

#30 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 614 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Mr Knockout @ Nov 16 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Robotnik: "I don't like the way you attacked Chris and Cosmo. Its one thing to TAKE THEM PRISONER AND THREATEN them, but when you actually hurt somebody that's going too far!"

... God, what did they do to him!?

Seriously, I miss the good 'ol days when he would solve all his problems with a quick roboticizing.

Posted Image

#31 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,574 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

Chris.

#32 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:44 PM

I'm not sure about moment...I haven't watched too much of Sonic X. But my least favorite thing would probably have to be Sonic himself. I despise his attitude. He's lazy and selfish...seems to care only for himself. I know deep down he holds feelings for his friends but such a care-free attitude. I don't know. There's just something about him that makes me say "That's not the Sonic I know".
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#33 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Bakuda @ Nov 16 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure about moment...I haven't watched too much of Sonic X. But my least favorite thing would probably have to be Sonic himself. I despise his attitude. He's lazy and selfish...seems to care only for himself. I know deep down he holds feelings for his friends but such a care-free attitude. I don't know. There's just something about him that makes me say "That's not the Sonic I know".

Wow, I don't know how I didn't remember that. Yeah, he was a real douche, in the beginning. Man, X was a letdown. dry.gif

#34 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (saber16 @ Nov 16 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Mr Knockout @ Nov 16 2010, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

... God, what did they do to him!?

Seriously, I miss the good 'ol days when he would solve all his problems with a quick roboticizing.

Those were the days, weren't they?

QUOTE (RedMenace @ Nov 16 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Bakuda @ Nov 16 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, I don't know how I didn't remember that. Yeah, he was a real douche, in the beginning. Man, X was a letdown. dry.gif

Personally, I think it was just SEGA's lousy attempt at appealing to the new generation of Sonic fans. Maybe they enjoy it, maybe they don't. They sure know how to piss of the fans that remember him from the Genesis though, thats for sure.

#35 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

Personally, I think it was just SEGA's lousy attempt at appealing to the new generation of Sonic fans. Maybe they enjoy it, maybe they don't. They sure know how to piss of the fans that remember him from the Genesis though, thats for sure.

Well, at least from what I see online, they were somewhat successful. But, obviously, I've got to side with the style they used to target the previous generation, us.

#36 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,574 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

Actually if you are talking about the English one you can blame 4kidz at sucking all the fun out and trying to make it for 5 year-olds.

The Japanese one is a bit different. Characters swear, people get hurt, Eggman doesn't care if people get hurt (heck he kills police officers when he first showed up), and people have real guns not flesh burning lasers (Guns are evil, let's replace them with less violent FLESH BURNING LASER THAT IF YOU WERE SHOT WITH WOULD BE 100 TIMES AS PAINFUL AND WOULD KILL MORE OFTEN THEN BULLETS, because it would be less violent.).

#37 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (RedAuthar @ Nov 16 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually if you are talking about the English one you can blame 4kidz at sucking all the fun out and trying to make it for 5 year-olds.

The Japanese one is a bit different. Characters swear, people get hurt, Eggman doesn't care if people get hurt (heck he kills police officers when he first showed up), and people have real guns not flesh burning lasers (Guns are evil, let's replace them with less violent FLESH BURNING LASER THAT IF YOU WERE SHOT WITH WOULD BE 100 TIMES AS PAINFUL AND WOULD KILL MORE OFTEN THEN BULLETS, because it would be less violent.).

icon_e_surprised.gif No...no... That's not fair! It's just not fair! That would've been pretty damn cool. Not excellent, but I'd be more likely to watch more than one season.

As for the logic behind "FBLs = safe" . . . zombie-en-feu.gif Doesn't hurt a bit.

#38 Inhibitor

Inhibitor

• FUS Reporter
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (RedAuthar @ Nov 16 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woah, seriously? Now THAT is Sonic X

#39 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (RedAuthar @ Nov 16 2010, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Japanese one is a bit different. Characters swear

Japanese doesn't have swears. (Well, there was that one time Sonic said "Shit!" in English without getting bleeped, but I bet Antoine could have said "merde" without getting bleeped too. Foreign swears just don't have impact.)

#40 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Mr Knockout @ Nov 16 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a real quote folks.

That quote to me was the epitome of how stupid and idiotic Sonic X was as a TV Show.

No supervillain would would ever say anything that pathetic.

I mean, If that was Julian, he'd have those 2 taken to the roboticizer in a heartbeat to become his robot slaves.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users