Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Forum Fix

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 FUS News Robot

FUS News Robot

Extra! Extra!

• Newsbot
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

Some users weren't able to log in because their account was set to use the Warrior skin, which is currently unavailable. I've worked around this by disabling the Warrior skin for now. Don't worry, it'll be back soon! Hopefully you should be able to log in now, at least.

Read the full story here

#2 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

Is the warrior skin the black background? That was the one I used.

#3 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Yeah,....So right now the main FUS skin and the Black Warrior one are disabled.   Hpefully we can fix those soon.  If Not I'll have to drag out Neon and beat him to make IPB pretty again.   Thats if Kef can't tweak it...We are running completely different software then before so...Things are weird. 

#4 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

Well, to be precise, we're running the same software, but a fresh installation of it. I reinstalled everything from scratch; I did not reupload anything from the old server without being 100% sure that it either contained no .php files or that all .php files were clean. This way it should be impossible for there to be any back doors left over.

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

Well, to be precise, we're running the same software, but a fresh installation of it. I reinstalled everything from scratch; I did not reupload anything from the old server without being 100% sure that it either contained no .php files or that all .php files were clean. This way it should be impossible for there to be any back doors left over.

Should, you never know.

When will Warrior (black) theme be back?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

Also, autocorrect doesnt work. Underlines doesnt show up when a word is wrong. It shows up everywhere else except here

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#7 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

When will Warrior (black) theme be back?

Hopefully within 24-48 hours. I still gotta get Arekkisu's site (which is hosted on FUS's server) transitioned to the new server first. That should be a piece of cake, though.

#8 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:56 AM

What is your backup schedule for files and DB? considering the frequency of breaches it seems like you'd need it to be pretty frequent so that you can recover from breaches without losing too much.

#9 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:04 AM

I think we were doing a daily backup and a weekly one. For this, though, I didn't use a backup from before the hack. Instead, I reinstalled Wordpress for the main site and for Sea3on, and I reinstalled Invision (which took rather longer than I hoped). For everything else I just transferred the files as-is to the new server, but I either deleted all .php files or I made sure all the .php files were clean. There were very few .php files I needed to upload this way, so checking them was no big deal and I am 100% confident I didn't upload any compromised ones.

#10 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:10 AM

Do you have any idea what the initial attack vector may have been?

#11 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:32 AM

Well, the first time we got hacked, it was probably through an out-of-date, vulnerable Wordpress installation. The second time, it was probably through a backdoor I failed to clean up after the first time. I did a poor job of it and got what I deserved; it's too bad all the other FUSers had to suffer along with me. It's also possible they figured out one of the Wordpress passwords after the first hacking and got in that way, so this time around I also forced a change of all Wordpress passwords.

#12 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:26 AM

One of the biggest downsides of using WP is that you constantly need to make sure that it and all of its plugins are up to date. The other is that it's awful to develop for. If only it wasn't so nice to use it would be so much simpler to make a case against it.

#13 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:28 AM

I'm not the biggest fan of WP myself. Switching to something else would be so painful, though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users