Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

Photo

Update: Columbia Pictures To Adapt Sonic Film

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

Actually, opinion DOES play an important part in determing wether a film/series is bad or not. It all depends on how the general audience reacts to it. If most of them liked it, it's regearded as a good film that most will probably find enjoyable. On the other hand, if most of them hated it, it's generally regearded as a bad movie. Don't believe me? Check out Rotten Tomatoes.

No! It's not how it work! If we look down at Sonic 06 (for exemple), do you think this game is bad because people don't like it? The answer is no, this game is bad because the game suffer from slowdown, frame-rate issue, attrocious loading time, awful storytelling and voice acting, collision detection issue, etc. People don't like these problem, those issue prevent them from having fun.

Some people may not be bother by, let's say, low frame-rate. But even if someone in particular don't care about this, low frame-rate is still low frame-rate. If a game suffer from slowdown, it suffer from slowdown. Such flaw are not part of our imaginations or our opinion, they are actual flaw, no matter how you want to see it.

The fun someone can have out of a game, or a movie is up to the person, but not the actual quality (even though the actual quality may affect the fun we may have).

I have fun playing Deadly Premonition. Have you ever heard of that game? It's really a bad game...it REALLY IS! But i have fun playing it. This game have awfull graphic, somehow stiff control, terrible animation, etc. This is objectively a really bad game. I would not say this game is good only because i can enjoy it. I can say i have fun playing it, but i can't praise for the quality this game don't have.

I don't know why i need to go further into details on that matter. Maybe i explain it too poorly? But i don't know, it should not be hard to see the point i'm making, right guys?

Edit: Anyway, i got a good exemple: Dishonored. It's a game i got and i got bored with it. So i sell it back. Does that mean it's a bad game? The answer is no. Why? Well, because the game have good art design, good gameplay mechanic, excellent level design and cool other stuff. The fact that i got bored has nothing to do with the actual game quality, but rather because i got bored with that kind of sneaky game.

This is something that poeple seem to forget, what a ''Review'' should be all about. When i'm doing a review of a game or a movie, i'll never tell my opinion, NEVER! Because like i said before, an opinion hold no value. When i review something, i analize the actual quality of the product i'm reviewing and give a score according to the actual quality, not according to how much fun i could get from it (after all, not everyone could have the same fun on the same product).

Since some people could be bothered by some issue, while other may don't care, it's important to tell all the good and the bad, so the person may be able to judge if the product fit his personal taste.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl on PC is one of my favorite game of all time. Yet, out of 10, i'll give it only a score of 8.5. Why? Yet again, it's the most fair score i could give to this game, based on it's actual quality. The game engine is getting old, some crash may occur or at rare occasion save corruption, uninteresting side-mission (go there, do this and come back. Rinse and repeat). But the quality in this game is enough to overcome the flaw.

So when i do a review, the most important part is the honesty, and never let myself blind my perspective or my judgment because of the preference i might have. Alway be honest and fair.

There, i think i said it all. Hope that everyone could understand now what i meant.

Wow, what a speech! Anyway, i'll be gone for the next few days. Take care in the meantime! À la prochaine les amis!

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!
PS: I love bacon. Why? Because i said so...(i also love the Dreamcast)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

#42 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Clearly, that's your opinion.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

#43 kamifox1

kamifox1

She of the million avatars

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

It's still a form of opinion, what makes something good or bad is actually one persons opinion on what makes a product good or bad. It's then interpreted and taken on board by everyone else and later seen as fact when in fact it all boils down to that one person or group of peoples opinion. 

Using the Sonic fan film as an example, one person may think a lack of story progression is a bad thing whereas someone else may think it's good because it doesn't distract from the action, which some people might prefer. (and yes, I'll say it has a lack of story progression, not story full stop. There is a very rich story to it at the start, it explains how Mobians came to exist on Earth, how humans encountered them and what Robotniks motives are, it just didn't progress from there).

kamifox1.png

#44 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

This is something that poeple seem to forget, what a ''Review'' should be all about. When i'm doing a review of a game or a movie, i'll never tell my opinion, NEVER! Because like i said before, an opinion hold no value. When i review something, i analize the actual quality of the product i'm reviewing and give a score according to the actual quality, not according to how much fun i could get from it (after all, not everyone could have the same fun on the same product).

Except even in a review your opinion drives your answer.

For example: Most of the time I could care less about Music in video games.  Most of  the time I don't even pay attention to the music in the background, and even when I do, it may not have any effect on the gameplay for me if I like it or not.

I've played through the entire Fire Temple Dungeon in LoZ: Ocarina of Time with the game Muted and "North To Alaska" playing on repeat on my radio (didn't have i-stuffs back then) and never once noticed a change in the gameplay or entertainment values.  How do I review the music there?  Without it I didn't lose or gain any entertainment value.  It can't be good because I didn't need it, but it can't be bad because it didn't hurt it....in my opinion.  

Someone else can claim the music breaks or makes this game.  

A review is an analysis of a product/idea/thing, rating the quality of its components based on how well it work for you while reviewing it to tell others if they should or shouldn't purchase/follow/do it.  You are supposed to give your opinion (even if it's just your personal opinion about what you reviewed at the end) so others of like opinion or differed opinion can pass judgement on what you've reviewed as something they would enjoy/like/whatever.

#45 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

Okay, after few days away from the internet (i moved to my appartment), i see that alot of people have seriously misunterstood me. I'll make it simple, so everyone can understand (at least i hope so)

-Grass is green: opinion or fact?

-Sonic 06 have glitch: opinion or fact?

-Sky is blue: opinion or fact?

etc...

Can i decide the color of the sky based on my opinion? The answer is no.

Now, i'll show an exemple of what an opinion based review can look like and how a factual non-bias review is like. Please take note that the ''opinion'' based review do not represent my opinion but rather serve as an exemple. I'll take Sonic 06 for demonstration.

Opinion based review of Sonic 06

Sonic 06 is a stupid game, i hate this game because my favorite character is not in here. I don't like the idea of what they did with Shadow. Also, why didn't they haven't made more rock music instead? I want minigame in this game and i don't see any of them. I hate it, this game suck!

Factual based review

Sonic 06 suffer from slowdown, frame-rate issue, long loading time, collision detection issue, plothole in the storyline, etc.

Has you can see, an opinion can reflect someone perseption of preference or personnal taste. A factual review on the other hand is based on actual content about the product in question. If some issue don't bother you, it still doesn't change the fact that factual stuff will still remain what they are. Just like the color of grass that can't change, no matter what you're opinion are, factual thing will still remain fact.

Now, did everyone understand what i mean or i can expect some of you to repeat OPINION over and over again?

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!

#46 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Okay, after few days away from the internet (i moved to my appartment), i see that alot of people have seriously misunterstood me. I'll make it simple, so everyone can understand (at least i hope so)

-Grass is green: opinion or fact?

-Sonic 06 have glitch: opinion or fact?

-Sky is blue: opinion or fact?

etc...

Can i decide the color of the sky based on my opinion? The answer is no.

Now, i'll show an exemple of what an opinion based review can look like and how a factual non-bias review is like. Please take note that the ''opinion'' based review do not represent my opinion but rather serve as an exemple. I'll take Sonic 06 for demonstration.

Opinion based review of Sonic 06

Sonic 06 is a stupid game, i hate this game because my favorite character is not in here. I don't like the idea of what they did with Shadow. Also, why didn't they haven't made more rock music instead? I want minigame in this game and i don't see any of them. I hate it, this game suck!

Factual based review

Sonic 06 suffer from slowdown, frame-rate issue, long loading time, collision detection issue, plothole in the storyline, etc.

Has you can see, an opinion can reflect someone perseption of preference or personnal taste. A factual review on the other hand is based on actual content about the product in question. If some issue don't bother you, it still doesn't change the fact that factual stuff will still remain what they are. Just like the color of grass that can't change, no matter what you're opinion are, factual thing will still remain fact.

Now, did everyone understand what i mean or i can expect some of you to repeat OPINION over and over again?

Except your whole argument is an opinion.  

Heck I can even use color as an argument.

SL_Sting_Turquoise.PNG

This is the color Turquoise.  Is it a Blue or is it a green?  In my opinion this is a BLUE color.  However My Sister thinks it looks more like a GREEN.  How can you tell?  It contains both.

Also some people don't care about music.  Some don't care about Graphics.  Some don't even care about glitches.  

You've said Sonic 4 is a terrible game.  Me and Arekkisu have played both Sonic 1 and Sonic 4 and I find everything about Sonic 4 superior.  Graphics, gameplay, collision detection, speed, Sonic 4 is superior in my eyes.  Sure there are some elements I don't like, but that doesn't ruin the game for me.

Sonic 1 has an awesome first stage, but the very next stage is frustratingly difficult due to the fact it forces you to go SLOW over slow moving blocks, something that nearly every other Sonic game has been criticized.  The game also lacks the abilities (such as spin dash).  

Neither game feature any Glitches that I feel need to be covered.  Is my review wrong?  It can't be because everything I stated is based on my experience with the game.  

A review is 100% based on opinion because what you see as good for a game is not the same as someone else.  

Also: 

, plothole in the storyline, etc.

That right there is an opinion.  Plotholes only exist within the individual viewer's mind.  

#47 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

Turquoise is his own color, it has nothing to do with opinion!

Plothole is NOT an opinion, plothole is a plothole! That mean a part of a story is left untold.

I'm not going into details into Sonic 4 because this alone could lead us into a never ending conversation.

A review is 100% based on opinion because what you see as good for a game is not the same as someone else.  

It should NOT BE. Too many people is making that mistake to think that a review is a opinion based argument, even though it should never be this way.

I mean seriously guys, are you trolling me or what? I keep explaining but nobody seem (or willing) to understand what i mean. It's not supposed to be hard to understand. So far, every counter-argument that anyone was using has simply take my word and twist it in a way to came up with the conclusion: yup, it's all opinion!

I mean, stop. Just please stop because it's getting really annoying. Take the time to read correctly my previous post and stop twisting my word just to say OPINION OPINION OPINION OPINION OPINION OPINION.

#48 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

There IS a difference between fact and opinion, but it's how each person looks at them that makes them different.

For example: the existence of gravity is something everyone knows (what goes up, must come down), but not everyone likes it. For some, gravity is a blessing; it keeps everything in the universe in balance and prevents us from flying into deep space. But for others, it's a curse; everyday, thousands of people suffer serious injuries and death from accidents caused by gravity.

So is gravity a blessing or a curse? You decide, it's your opinion.

The same can be said for how people enjoy certain media. For example: shows like "Ren and Stimpy", "Cow and Chicken", and "Family Guy" are extremely famous and well-loved by many fans. Does that make them "good"? Of course not! I love cartoons, but there are certain shows which I cannot stand; and I happen to find these shows really stupid and overrated.

Should those shows be hated and shunned because I don't enjoy them? Of course not! Like I said, people seem to enjoy them; it's just not my cup of tea.

#49 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

There IS a difference between fact and opinion, but it's how each person looks at them that makes them different.

For example: the existence of gravity is something everyone knows (what goes up, must come down), but not everyone likes it. For some, gravity is a blessing; it keeps everything in the universe in balance and prevents us from flying into deep space. But for others, it's a curse; everyday, thousands of people suffer serious injuries and death from accidents caused by gravity.

So is gravity a blessing or a curse? You decide, it's your opinion.

Ah, finally someone have (kinda) seen my point.

Also, you more or less said the same thing i was saying multiple time before: The fact remain fact, if you like it or not is a different story. Like the exemple i was giving before, Deadly Premonition has alot of factual flaw, don't i still have enjoy the game nontheless.

The reason i keep saying how a review should ONLY be based on fact is for that exact reason: people taste are different. Since fact remain fact, no matter what's people opinion are, making a factual based review is the only way to go. Because since no matter your preference, the fact can never be changed. Like gravity, some people like it and other's don't, but no one should lie about gravity to came up with an opinion based vision of gravity instead that will fit their taste.

#50 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Should those shows be hated and shunned because I don't enjoy them? Of course not! Like I said, people seem to enjoy them; it's just not my cup of tea.

Liking something personally and be factualy good are two different thing that should not be confused together. But i already talk about it before in my previous post.

#51 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

What's "factually" good about shows like "Ren and Stimpy" or "Family Guy"? Just because they're popular doesn't make them automatically good.

I mean, take shows like "The Flintstones" or "Scooby-Doo". They're both really lackluster in many aspects; they're not that funny, well-written, or well-animated. By all means, they should be considered bad shows. Yet, people seem to enjoy them (wether it's the charm or the overall simplicity) and they're regarded as cartoon masterpieces. The same goes for "Speed Racer", "Sailor Moon" and "Dragon Ball"; they're incredibly cheesy, corny, and lowbrow. Most critics would pass these series in mere seconds because they don't raise the bar, but they're widely regarded as the definitive cartoons that define the word "anime".

I mean, if everything popular was considered good, stuff like Michael Bay's "Transformers", the "Twilight" series, and Justin Beiber should be hailed as "classics" and "geniuses". But certain people were able to look past the glittery wrapping and see the turd that lay inside the box.

#52 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

What's "factually" good about shows like "Ren and Stimpy" or "Family Guy"? Just because they're popular doesn't make them automatically good.

I never watch any of those two, i was simply speaking in general. I should have explained better, sorry for the confusion.

#53 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

No offense taken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users