Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Freedom Fighter Frequency: cast and crew call

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

I'd like to throw in a couple of suggestions here regarding the audio formats here, because believe it or not, these mothafuckas take up space and consume a lot of bandwidth, and hosted space on the net, especially for storing upwards of 300+ megs of audio files aren't free or cheap. These can consume upwards of 1-5 GB of bandwidth a week.

So my suggestion here is this. When the episodes are put together, convert them first to APE or FLAC formats, these formats provide a good compression ratio and they are lossless. These are for private archival purposes of the staff members. The reason for that is, one of the ideas I have for these eps in the not so distant future is to add a placeholder image to the eps, add subtitle test to them, turn them to videos, and plug them into a group account on youtube, revver or metacafe. Basically, these are for storage, and not to be uploaded to our webspace, though one can always start seeding them as torrent files.

For the plain audio consumption downloaded from our webspace however, you'd want something that has a really high compression ratio, but provides not too much of a drop in quality. This is where the second conversion process comes in...OGG Vorbis. This format is far superior to MP3 in handling low bitrate compression, you can go as low as 48 kbps with it while retaining most of the quality. MP3's quality quickly breaks down once you begin to go below 128 kbps. That means that 25 minute episodes can be stored in files as small as 8 MBs. (The same length episodes in 128 kbps MP3 format would weigh in at around 24-25 MBs, a bit big IMO.)

MsFire : Imagine Sally reading a story book to you before you go to bed, only said reading is accompanied by music and audio cues.

76561197990969478.png

#22 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, size and storage is a concern for this. And all though I am not technically worried about it this early into the project, I'd be a fool to leave it to the last minute. The only problem I have with OGG Vorbis are the limited of people that even know or can play that particular file on their system.

QUOTE ("Ratty":2ojdb3hg)
*Gets draft letter from Chief* well after all, if we don't do it who will? Onward for the cause!

And thanks for your audition fic you sent! Very impressive, and I PMed you more detail about this and that.

QUOTE ("HazyAssaulter":2ojdb3hg)
I'd like to know more about how it would go though before I make any commitments.

Once I get the Voice Acting Audition thread up I hope to have all the info you and any other potential VA's may need.
QUOTE ("MsFire":2ojdb3hg)
I have quite a few years in acting, so I am somewhat interested in this, but I'm confused as to what it is by the "radio-drama podcast thingy"? What exactly is it? xD

Take what the satAM cartoon is, now remove all animation, shoot the tv and turn on your radio. Okay, now we have a story-driven medium that uses only audio to animate the story with spoken dialogue, sound effects and music. So we have Sonic being pursued by Swat-bots: On top of his usual banter, we throw in the sounds of laser fire deflecting around him as he runs, the clang-clang metal pounding footsteps of the 'bot chasing him behind... Nicole's voice peaks up as it seems Sonic is carrying the little computer with him, warning him of an energy spike she is detecting. And blah-de-blah-blah, you see how this would work now?

It's just the cartoon, without the actual toons to watch.

And if you are indeed interested in VAing for this just wait-out for the VA Audition thread to properly make a decision on it.

QUOTE ("Momiji-kun":2ojdb3hg)
Web management and graphic design spots, plz. I know HTML, PHP, and Javascript, and am willing to learn new markup/scripting languages as the job requires, can use Photoshop and Flash, and know karate. I have also managed a website before -- my old WoW guild's website, which is sadly no longer up. Need I remind you I know karate? Will submit portfolio if necessary.

Your karate does not scare me. A little portfolio would be great though mate! Does your little list of expertise cover making Banners and such for advertising reasons?

QUOTE ("Valerie Valens":2ojdb3hg)
All depends on what you're looking for. If the music from my my SheezyArt Gallery is any indication. I am more than capable of delivering music for other genres.

You certainly are. *noddles* Some very lovely pieces of music you have there, Val, I can really see it working for this.

9:06

#23 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:16 AM

Well, we could always include links to XM Play. It plays OGG audio out of the box. :3

76561197990969478.png

• GUESTS

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:08 AM

I have a YouTube link here - it's my first Voice Acting experience. I am the third person to speak in the video. I would like to point out that:
1. This was done over Xbox Live with standard Xbox microphones. The quality is horrendous and explains why we needed captions.
2. I was heavily directed in my tone of voice and acting, so I didn't have much freedom to explore different ideas.

Overall, I felt very comfortable with voice acting and it's something I'd like to explore again.

Edit: Oh, and after looking back at this video a year and a half after acting in it, I realize my friend who directed/wrote/filmed it is not exactly gifted in directing/writing/filming.

#25 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:03 AM

Like I said last night Hazy, Id like you to try out for Rotor defintly

• GUESTS

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, I got my spring break coming up this weekend, so I'll take some time to go buy a mic and give it a shot.

#27 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

So, basically it's like how you would have "watched TV" in the 1920s?

#28 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:59 PM

Yea thats the jest of it

#29 Ratty Randnums

Ratty Randnums

He of Little Sleep

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE ("MsFire":1voepwst)
So, basically it's like how you would have "watched TV" in the 1920s?

It's still around in Europe and Australia and some other places, but it faded out pretty quickly in North America when TV became prevalent in the late 50s.
"I really think of life as a great expression of joy. And if you take yourself seriously you're going to be defeated I'm afraid.
...Maybe that is the whole recipe of life, is to be in on the joke. Because life is a joke and if you're not in on it you're out.
But if you're in on it, you can make it." - Vincent Price

"What have you got to lose? You know you come from nothing you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!"
- Eric Idle

#30 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:51 AM

TV? What the hell is that?

Yeah, we still have a fair few radio dramas on Aussie radio, mostly just the AM stations though. FM is only for hip-hop cool kats and their Britney shit.

• GUESTS

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE ("MsFire":2i4pipp2)
I have quite a few years in acting, so I am somewhat interested in this, but I'm confused as to what it is by the "radio-drama podcast thingy"? What exactly is it? xD

isint like what tv shows use to be, befor tv was around?

#32 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

No. It was what radio shows were like before TV was around.

#33 Guest_Dominic Smith_*

Guest_Dominic Smith_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 21 June 2008 - 03:47 PM

Hey, I'd just like to offer my services, for years I've wanted to contribute something to the SatAM fandom, to leave a legacy of some kind.

I think I could help in a couple of areas,

1. Writer, both John and Chief have read my writing extensively, I remember being a bit embarrassed by some of their heavy praise, while I think my writing style can be a little melodramatic I think I have certain areas nailed down quite well.

My strengths are characters, decrepitive (which wont be needed as it's a radio play) and well flowed dialogue (probably the most useful bit.)

My weakness is action, that is why I would love to be pared with different writers on scrips so I can have their support in areas I'm weak on and maybe I can do the same for them, or at least combine our strengths to create something really wonderful.

2. Also I am up for doing some voice acting, read in one of the topics that your Julian (a.k.a Robotnik) might have dropped out, if so I would be happy to submit an audition as I've always liked the character and more impotently I have quite a deep voice and he is probably the only character I could do any justice to.

• GUESTS

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE ("Dominic Smith":q8oengze)
2. Also I am up for doing some voice acting, read in one of the topics that your Julian (a.k.a Robotnik) might have dropped out, if so I would be happy to submit an audition as I've always liked the character and more impotently I have quite a deep voice and he is probably the only character I could do any justice to.

You should probably do that, as the project seems to be dead in the water at the moment (not to seem pessimistic, but it hasn't progressed much lately :<)

#35 Guest_Dominic Smith_*

Guest_Dominic Smith_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:28 AM

Maybe it's just the calm before the storm

#36 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

John's just lazy. hehehe

#37 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

It ain't dead yet. Just need the VA roles filled so we can get it to that next stage.

Go right ahead, Dom, if you want. We need a Robotnik. As for a writer definitely. :] At the moment the writers are in a bit of mess waiting for me, but once we do get a steady flow going our writers can get to work on scripts.

#38 J.E.Smith

J.E.Smith

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:48 PM

Well John, you could always give the Voice Acting Alliance a try. Who knows, at this point you may get the roles filled faster this way. And the faster the roles get filled, the faster this thing can get started:

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/fo ... y.php?f=42

#39 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:25 AM

Wow, this project really died, didn't it? Is there anyone in this team that is left standing?

76561197990969478.png

#40 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

Wow, this project really died, didn't it? Is there anyone in this team that is left standing?

Last post was 10 years back.  I'd try to private message the original poster to see if the project is still alive.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users