Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Would You Want The Sonic Movie?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lynchenberg

Lynchenberg

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

Okay. We all know at this point that a Sonic movie is happening. We also know there's a 99.9 percent chance that it won't have anything to do with the Sonic we grew up with. Yes, it probably won't have much to do with any other version of Sonic either. Sega likes to change Sonic, his cast, and his world with almost every new game or incarnation. But let's not dance around this; let's cut right through the chili and get straight to the dog. It won't have Freedom Fighters, Swat-Bots, Knothole, Sally, Mobius, Robotropolis, Bunnie, robotization, Uncle Chuck, or anything we'd want to see. It just won't. We all know that. Now that we've addressed the elephant in the room, my question is, do you want to see a Sonic movie happen at all? 

For me, the answer is no. A Sonic movie won't be what Sonic is to me. I remember being a little kid and having dreams about going to see an EXCELLENT Sonic movie in the theater. It was based in SatAM and Archie, while still going beyond it and doing it's own thing.That's not to say it didn't include game elements, and it's also not to say that it was based entirely on SatAM. Scratch and Grounder, The Chaotix, Nack the Weasel, Knuckles, Amy and the world from the Genesis games were big parts of it. But so were Sally, Rotor, Bunnie, and Antoine. That Sonic movie had the backbone of the Western localization at it's core; Freedom Fighters on Planet Mobius. That's what Sonic was to me growing up. Not just in cartoons or comics but in storybooks, toys/merchandise, beginner novels, and my How to Draw Sonic the Hedgehog book. Even when playing the Genesis games, I was still thinking in terms of a SatAM/Archie-esque universe. As kids, my sister and I were really excited to see those characters appear in Spinball. 

As a result, I remember being really disappointed when Sonic Underground came out because there was finally another animated series, but it wasn't Sonic as I understood it. I was a little confused by the OVA, but didn't hate it, I just regarded it as an "alternate universe" as I was used to that explanation from superhero comics. By the time Sonic X rolled around, I wasn't even confused. I just didn't care. I didn't watch it, and likewise, I don't watch Sonic Boom. I harbor no ill feelings toward it, nor to the current games. I'm mostly indifferent. But to me, a big-budget movie that you go to a theater to see is a big deal. Even if I never watched the film, if I went to a movie theater and saw no trace of Bunnie, Antoine, Sally, or Rotor on the poster, I'd find it depressing. The Sonic movie finally came, but it wasn't the Sonic movie the little kid in me dreamed of. I'm fine with the direction Sega is taking with Sonic Boom and their new games. But a Sonic movie, to me at least, is different, and I'd rather not see it happen.

#2 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:05 AM

We have no idea what the Sonic movie is going to be about yet. From what I heard, it's going for a PG-13 rating, which is pretty telling on how serious the people working on this is taking the project.

Until we actually know what this project is gonna look like, we must reserve our judgement for now. Personally, I'm freakin' excited about it. Just the fact Sonic is getting a movie, one that actually sounds semi serious in tone, is exciting. If the first one isn't exactly what we wanted, at least we got the ball rolling. Sonic needs this.if he's ever going to get out from the ditch he's been unfortunately put into. I know, we all want Sat-AM back. But if we want that spirit back, we have to recognize this movie is a step in the right direction...for a change. Remember, there was Sam Remi's Spiderman before there was Marvel Studios. We have to start somewhere.

And by the way, you need to watch the pure japan version of Sonic X. It's actually pretty cool, before 4-Kids chopped it up and spit it back out.

------jNz0y5.jpg<-(Retired)
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#3 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

Yes. I want to see a Sonic movie on the big screen & I hope it's going to be good (maybe even great) or at least decent and fun.

"You're watching a poster!"

#4 Lynchenberg

Lynchenberg

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

Oh...oh YEAH? Oh YEAH? Yeah? Yeah? ...

Yeah?

#5 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

While I kinda like the American or SatAM/Archie Sonic more, I'm still a Sonic Fan in general.  I have no problem with a Sonic movie that doesn't include the SatAM cast.  

Now if the movie sucks on the other hand...

#6 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

I hope it's a good film. It's got the same writers and producers as the LEGO movie, so it must have some thought and effort behind the concept.

Then again, former members of Naughty Dog were put in charge of the "Sonic Boom" console game, and look how that ended up. Let's hope that it'll serve as a reminder to other production teams when they're given rights to the franchise.

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

I hope it's a good film. It's got the same writers and producers as the LEGO movie, so it must have some thought and effort behind the concept.

Then again, former members of Naughty Dog were put in charge of the "Sonic Boom" console game, and look how that ended up. Let's hope that it'll serve as a reminder to other production teams when they're given rights to the franchise.

To be fair, Boom plays like Jak and Daxter, only broken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users