Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Latest "sonic Boom" Episode

Sonic Boom episode episodes

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

Well, the next episode just aired: "Dude, Where's my Eggman". And oh boy! This was a good one!

Basically, the plot is just as the title suggests. Orbot and Cubot wake up to find their memory data erased and their creator missing. To find him, they decide to retrace the doctor's steps. And that's pretty much it (spoiler-free).

It was unique, having an entire episode centered around Eggman's minions. Sonic and the gang made only brief appearances in a couple of scenes. Knuckles, in particular, having a flashback/daydream of his last encounter with Eggman in an exaggerated DBZ/Superman-style fight. Probably the biggest scene he's gotten in the show thus far, as well as the funniest!

There were lots of other funny scenes in the episode, but that one in particular had me splitting my sides with laughter. Only one other person shares Knuckles' fantasy of being a godlike superhero, and that person is... Ken Penders. xD

#42 E122Psi

E122Psi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

Don't worry Knuckles is finally getting a limelight episode in a couple of weeks ('Unlucky Knuckles').

I loved this episode too, it's nice to see them focusing on the side cast. This is probably most focus we've had on the villagers and we get some depth with Orbot and Cubot's relationship with the doctor.

Anyone reading the Boom comics by the way? Flynn replicates the show pretty well (I can't help but enjoy some of the original gags like the recurring Logo gimmick too).

#43 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

I do like the comic more than the show, but only so much.

#44 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

I just watched the latest episode, "Cowbot". And... I've got nothing.

Not that it was a horrible episode, no. But looking back at it in hindsight, all I can say for it is "What just happened?" It's probably the most forgettable episode so far.

Basically, Eggman sends a robot cow after our heroes and it's filled with a dangerous substance called Moonarium (get it?). Before it can do its job, Tails hijacks the cow's programming and reverses it. But as a result, it slowly heads back towards Eggman's base and they need to help Eggman prepare for its arrival. Otherwise, everything within a ten mile radius will be vaporized.

I guess my problem with it was its premise. I mean, with a title like "Cowbot", I didn't know what to expect. But for an episode concerning a robot cow filled with explosives, it didn't seem that urgent. Instead, the episode seemed more interested in spending its runtime on having another bonding episode with Eggman. In fact, this whole episode seemed like a weaker retelling of "Can an Evil Villian Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?".

On the bright side, there were a few funny moments. Tails' sport commentary on the game of Coconut Toss was amusing, and the bit where Knuckles boasts about beating his own score was great. I also chuckled at Eggman's delayed entrance.

Also, eleven episodes in and we got our first mention of a past episode. And apperently, Angel Island also exists in this universe.

#45 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:32 PM

Yeah i gotta catch up on Boom

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#46 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

Yeah i gotta catch up on Boom

So do I.

image.jpg

#47 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:48 AM

Well, time for the weekly update.

This week's episode was "Circus of Plunders". And it's probably the best episode of the entire series so far.

In this episode, Tails' invention isn't working properly and everyone (minus Sonic) blames him for the damage it nearly caused. So while Tails is away, Sonic and the gang run into T.W. Barker (the fancy wolf that stole Eggman's Eggomatic in "Dude, Where's my Eggman"), who hires them to perform in his circus. It's all fun and games at first, but like most circus owners, Barker is a crooked businessman and traps them in cages so that they can't escape. So it's up to Tails to rescue them.

I'll say this, it's nice having an episode with some actual drama. At first, I was expecting the unappreciated Tails to run away from home and get hired by Barker, only for Sonic and the gang to rescue him. But surprisingly, the roles were reversed this time around; which was interesting. Also, T.W. Barker reminds me a lot of Fowlfellow (a.k.a. "Honest John") from Disney's "Pinocchio".

And once again, it had some great humor. The best scene being the name-confusion on Eggman's octopus/squid/spider robot, with the doctor getting frustrated by their forgetfulness. But I also liked the scene with Amy accusing Barker of being sexist for casting her as the sad clown. The bits with Eggman's TV remote, Knuckles questioning Sonic's middle name, and Barker's miserable performing bears were also great.

#48 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

Sheesh. One week later, and nobody's commented on last week's episode.

Oh well... Maybe my luck will change this time.

Speaking of which, this week's episode was called "Unlucky Knuckles". In it, Knuckles suspects that his string of bad luck is due to an unbalance in the universal luck scale. To correct the balance, he begins subjecting himself to sheer injury in order to make his bad luck run out. Meantime, Eggman detects a change in his luck and decides to invade the town, feeling that everything will go his way. Fed up with Sonic's insistence that there's no such thing as luck, Knuckles decides to join Eggman in hopes of fixing his luck.

Overall, not outright hilarious, but it was still entertaining.

#49 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

I havent had the time to watch any of the episodes

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#50 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:03 PM

Yeah...I kinda gave up on watching them when they come out.

Occasionally when one sounds interesting I look it up online but...

#51 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

Well, this week's episode was a hoot!

As the title suggests, this episode's plot focused on a meteorite which crashes on the island. Sonic and the gang go to investigate, but Dr. Eggman calls dibs on it and tries to claim it before they can. But upon touching it, the meteorite's radiant surface causes them to switch bodies. Now it's up to Eggman (Sonic) to warn everyone about it before Sonic (Eggman) destroys them, but will they believe him in that goofy getup?

I enjoyed this episode mostly for Eggman in Sonic's body. It's so amuzing watching the diabolical doctor try to act like the kind-hearted hero we know and love, yet his cruel personality is constantly oozing out of him whenever he's onscreen. Roger Crieg Smith can do a pretty good Eggman impression.

And the bit where Sonic unsuccessfully tries explaining the situation and demonstrating his speed to Orbot & Cubot (while in Eggman's body) was hilarious. Speaking of which, I especially loved Orbot's expressions throughout this episode. There's something amuzing about the way the robot emotes using his "eyebrows".

Overall, another funny episode. Here's hoping the next one is also good.

#52 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

https://www.facebook...09&l=4782824317

#53 Ogilvie

Ogilvie

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

Re: Aim Low.

It was nice to see that Sonic is actually dependent on Eggman to have a normal life. His speed is actually incredibly annoying when he doesn't have someone to use it on. I guess this episode kind of answers Sonic's question at the end of SatAM about what would he do without a villain... answer: go crazy with boredom.

With regards to Knuckles, I ponder if he's really as dumb as we think. The fact he's self-aware of not thinking makes me believe he dumbs himself down for whatever reason. Maybe he's humble and doesn't want to appear perfect (as otherwise he'd have a strong mind and perfect body)?

Tails growling at Sonic was wonderful.

#54 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

Huh. It's nice to see I'm not the only one still watching the show. Thanks!

As for today's episode, "Aim Low", Eggman is feeling down in the dumps. To help him get back into shape, he hires a "professional" motivator to cheer himself up. With his confidence seemingly restored, Eggman fires him and decides to start a brand new plan, only to sink back into depression once again. Meantime, Sonic learns of Eggman's low spirit and starts going bananas once realizes that his heroic speed is useless without a villian to oppose him. So it's up to the rest of the team to cheer Eggman up to restore the balance.

As for my thoughts, I thought it was okay. For some reason, I felt that the episode's pacing and execution was a bit off. Not a bad episode by any means, but I think it could've been better.

There were some funny bits though. Knuckles had a few great lines:

Tails: Ever since Eggman got depressed, Sonic's been making me nuts!

Knuckles: He hasn't cooked anything for me. He's just been driving me crazy.

But my favorite bit was Sonic and Amy's brief argument over her painting.

Amy: Sonic, be careful! This is 100% organic, fair-trade paint. It's very expensive, and very green.

(He looks at her picture)

Sonic: It looks like pink to me.

#55 NeonBlack

NeonBlack

How cold is the sun

• Tech Guy
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:19 AM

Just so you know, LogiTeeka, I've been watching the episodes as soon as I'm able to every Sunday, I just haven't been too enthused to post about it for whatever reason.

I've liked most of the series so far and my original impression stands: it aspires to do very little other than make you laugh and for the most part it pulls it off, and it's actually quite clever in some ways. The sense of timing is generally good and the dialogue is slick and well-delivered, showing that the VAs have a good grasp on the characters they're voicing. I loved the escalation in pitch between Knuckles and Sonic in 'Unlucky' ("Skill"/"luck"/"skill"/"luck"/"skill") - Knuckles becomes increasingly unhinged, while Sonic remains completely deadpan. Beautiful!

I still take issue with Knuckles' characterisation - at first I thought it was just my natural reaction after interpreting him to be of a very different disposition in other Sonic media, but at this point I'm just more-or-less convinced that he's a one-note character at the moment. Sticks got a treatment in an episode of her own that made her a lot more likeable in my eyes, but so far Knuckles, whenever the spotlight's on him, is just made out to be dumber and dumber. He shows some self-awareness about it, but overall that just makes him seem like he's got no self-confidence or intelligence.

I share your thoughts about the last episode: fun and amusing though the pacing is all over the place, especially near the end where the plot resolves itself literally in the last 30 seconds and then just stops. I like that Sonic, without a sense of purpose, basically turned into what I expected: an annoying arsehole. I was expecting his paranoia to be mirrored by Sticks' similar take on the lack of Eggman's presence, but alas, she doesn't even get a single spoken line in the whole episode. Guess her voice actor had the week off or something.

Si unde vara cade într-o joi
Acolo eu o sã mor
Ori buni, ori rãi, tot un mormînt!
În vînt…

ffn

#56 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

Well, the time has come once again. This week's episode was entitled "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying" (boy, was that a mouthful).

In this episode, Tails creates a harvest machine to help Sticks pick "beige berries" for her entry in a pie competition. Unfortunately, it spirals out of control and lays waste to the entire orchard. Forced to replant the grove, Tails' little accident attracts the attention of the Lightning Bolt Society (a secret club of thieves who wish to gain control of Bygone Island's fruit trade) who invite Tails into their organization to gain access to his technology. Using stolen Eggman tech, the LBS completes the chore for him by replacing the replanted seeds with mutant spores which grow into Deku Babas (I'm not kidding), which prompts Sonic, Amy and Eggman to storm into the group's not-so-secret hideout.

This was a fun episode. The plot was a bit of a rehash of "Circus of Plunders", but I didn't mind it as much. Knuckles had two great lines, and Sonic and Amy's argument over their break-in plan (pizazz vs. pizza) while a LBS member nonchalantly asks them to keep the door open for him (which they decline) was hilarious. But what made this episode interesting was the LBS itself. The group is entirely composed of minor villains from previous episodes (Dave the Intern, Willy Walrus, the weasel thugs, and possibly the Gogobas), and their goal is to create complete chaos and spread destruction. Looks like Sticks' insane conspiracy theories about an evil, Illuminati-like organization weren't entirely wrong.

Also, that creepy ending with Dave using the mutant seeds as hamburger toppings and eating it... Could it be foreshadowing something in the future? I know the show is trying to keep a loose continuity, but Dave has been brought back multiple times in the series lately. Could they be building him up to be the next antagonist? That would be kinda neat, actually.

#57 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

Another week has passed, and you know what that brings.

This week's episode was titled "Don't Judge Me". It begins with Sonic and company defeating Dr. Eggman's latest robot. But in their victory, Eggman fakes getting badly injured and takes Sonic to court to sue for the damages. By making Sonic look like a violent psychopath in front of the robot judge, Eggman nearly manages to trick the jury into siding with him until Amy arrives at the last moment to disprove the accusation.

After watching this episode, all I can say is... What did I just watch? Seriously, this has to be the WIERDEST episode of the series thus far. I mean, for an episode focused entirely around courtroom procedures, lawyers and lawsuits; a hippie disco party is the last thing I was expecting. There were funny moments here and there, but most of them came from the sheer randomness depicted onscreen.

The scenes with Knuckles acting as Sonic's lawyer and interrogating himself were amusing, but my favorite bit was Eggman's fake evidence proving his innocence (the music alone killed me). Comedy Chimp's scenes sums up every talk-show host in existence, and I'm pretty sure the bit where Knuckles comments about his mouth tasting like socks after the party was a drug reference.

And I'll agree with Sticks on this one: Eggman's songs are indeed too catchy.

#58 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

...this is one of those "Wait what?" moments in shows.  Where the badguy nearly gets away with everything tricking everyone into thinking they are the victim, yet nobody should believe that.  And yet it works.

Not that it can't be done good, but if you're trying to make sense of it, it's nigh impossible. 

#59 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

...this is one of those "Wait what?" moments in shows. Where the badguy nearly gets away with everything tricking everyone into thinking they are the victim, yet nobody should believe that. And yet it works.

Not that it can't be done good, but if you're trying to make sense of it, it's nigh impossible.

It makes just as much sense as America's judicial system nowadays.

Hiyo!

#60 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

...this is one of those "Wait what?" moments in shows. Where the badguy nearly gets away with everything tricking everyone into thinking they are the victim, yet nobody should believe that. And yet it works.

It makes just as much sense as America's judicial system nowadays.

Hiyo!
You got me there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sonic, Boom, episode, episodes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users