Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  furrykef : (02 December 2020 - 04:04 PM)

Now that all the parts have arrived, I'm not in any mood to actually build the PC.

@  furrykef : (30 November 2020 - 09:25 AM)

Welp. The good news is my RAM arrived today. The bad news is I'd misread the package tracking, so my mobo and fan are coming late.

@  furrykef : (30 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Groan. All my parts are supposed to get here today, except my RAM shipped late, so it will get here Wednesday. And there's no DDR4 RAM anywhere else in the house.

@  furrykef : (23 November 2020 - 04:17 AM)

Me.

@  Nex : (21 November 2020 - 07:11 PM)

All this chat about failing hardware reminds me that I gotta update my GPU n SSD this year. Who'dve thought an M.2 boot drive could get filled entirely by sodding Windows updates >.<

@  tiff15 : (21 November 2020 - 12:28 PM)

computer fans are starting to wonk out, so Im using a laptop for now...Hi all!

@  furrykef : (18 November 2020 - 05:56 AM)

The bad news is my hard drive is busted. So I'm currently on a Linux Mint Live CD. Ain't that fun?

@  furrykef : (18 November 2020 - 05:56 AM)

Whew! I'm finally on my PC after three weeks of not being able to use it.

@  Shadow : (07 November 2020 - 01:51 PM)

FUS should bring back the artist galleries.

@  Ishapar : (05 November 2020 - 01:22 PM)

Honestly I only come here for Sea3on and the forums.

@  Nex : (03 November 2020 - 08:00 PM)

Crikey! I'm so used t just heading straight to the forum since the front page hadn't updated since July 2019 xD

@  wildfire : (03 November 2020 - 01:09 AM)

HOLY SCHNIKES! The main site's been updated

@  Nex : (28 October 2020 - 10:15 AM)

You can panic all you like though. Just don't you DARE painc!

@  John Roberts : (28 October 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Don't painc!

@  tiff15 : (23 October 2020 - 09:14 AM)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Im working with Octascratchrock right now on our RP series. once thats up to snuff, we can continue the series here (I hope.) I'll also see about moving my fan fiction series here as well.

@  Shadow : (15 October 2020 - 12:36 PM)

All your base are belong to us.

@  Ishapar : (13 October 2020 - 12:16 PM)

So the last two days had the most shoutbox activity. We broke a record, mates!

@  Ishapar : (13 October 2020 - 12:11 PM)

I haven't been doing much of anything in life, so I really haven't been to forums either. Hey, tiff15, welcome back.

@  Nex : (13 October 2020 - 12:54 AM)

Ya most of the FUS monkeys like to hide in the Discord server these days.

@  tiff15 : (12 October 2020 - 05:02 PM)

I see. well, Im just glad someone answered at some point. Ive been to less active forums, so this is fine! ^-^

Photo

Sally Acorn And Archie Freedom Fighters Possbily In Official Game In 2016

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#101 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 302 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:39 PM

Sounds too good to be true, if you ask me.

#102 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 05:42 PM

Sounds too good to be true, if you ask me.

Well if KingConnor's post on page 4 is accurate, then it does appear to be too good to be true. Sure got my hopes up when I started reading the thread. Would definitely buy the game if they'd do it.

#103 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:21 PM

Streets of Rage Remake. The C&D on that was the big thing that made me give up on the idea of fan works of Sega properties.

Oh, right. I wonder if they were planning to do something with SoR themselves and didn't want that to compete. It was sort of an anomaly.

#104 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 09:38 AM

Yeah I Want to thank you all for making this Topic such a hit and the fact that you all share your opinons and idea is awesome! Thank you so much!

#105 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:40 AM

Sure?

So do you think SEGA is still not considering putting the FF into a game even with Boom kind of out of the picture?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#106 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:04 AM

Is there any official reason as to why they haven't? I can't help but wonder if it's some kind of pride that keeps them from using characters made in the US. Hell the comic has (sort of) rebooted, just give the FF a go already.

#107 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

Is there any official reason as to why they haven't? I can't help but wonder if it's some kind of pride that keeps them from using characters made in the US. Hell the comic has (sort of) rebooted, just give the FF a go already.

From what I can uncover, it seems to be a mixture of indifference and legal embargo.

However, Sega of America is legally capable of inserting the Freedom Fighters into their developed games if they have the desire to. But since they've already created "Boom", it might be a bit of a stretch for them to start another spin-off franchise so soon.

#108 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

I will give you guys this ray of hope.

From what we've seen so far, Sonic 2017 appears to take place in a bad future where Eggman has already taken over. If that's the case, it's likely that there's some kind of resistance movement which they may well name the Freedom Fighters. It will most likely be composed of standard SegaSonic characters like Tails and Amy, but if that's how things go then maybe there'll be a background character named Sally.

On the other hand, it's a Sega of Japan game and they almost never acknowledge the western apocrypha. I think the closest we've gotten was the revival of chili dogs in Sonic Unleashed.

#109 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 571 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

It would be neat to see the FF in this game, but it looks like it's focused on Modern/Classic Sonic.  I doubt there will be an appearance of any of the ff.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#110 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

It would be neat to see the FF in this game, but it looks like it's focused on Modern/Classic Sonic.  I doubt there will be an appearance of any of the ff.

There has to be more characters in the game itself than what was already shown. Having only two characters featured is hardly what I would call a "resistance".

More than likely, the resistance will comprise of SegaSonic characters. Whether they're playable or not remains to be seen.

#111 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

I have to bring up a good point by Frieza. I got the exact same feeling from the trailer and as we know from the original comics and Sonic Underground the Freedom Fighters were also known as the Resistance and the Freedom Fighter Resistance. To be honest this is going to be our best hope of getting the Freedom Fighters in the games and I honestly think that with this development the reply I got from Rafa Knight was a ploy to try to lure me off the trail of their true plans as Sega is known to do
And to be honest this game teaser screamed Blast To The Past from SatAM

#112 Asami89

Asami89

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

Now, I do not think that just because the word "resistance" the freedom fighters comes out in the new game. More characters are not needed for resistance. If we go by official characters there are many. Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Team Dark, Team chaotix, Blaze, silver. The point is that in my opinion all these characters of sega are to form the resistance. It is a good oportunity to see the characters of sega again playable in the new videogame.

#113 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:24 PM

I can agree with that Asami89 however unless your going with a Sonic X Final Battle style team-up (Last Battle against the Metarex at the end of Season 3), Most of those characters generally keep to themselves like Knuckles who doesn't want to get involved in the affairs of the world at all and just want to do their own thing. Like Shadow doesn't care about what Sonic does unless their missions make them cross paths. Tails and Amy of course will follow Sonic into battle. Blaze and Silver may work with Sonic if they show up, and Cream will stay out of the fighting as much as possible basically being sideline Cheerleader support however I do agree with you in that if they decide to change things up since this is a completely new game they could meet up however it is somewhat unlikely since for example in Sonic Generations most of the Characters you save weren't at Sonic's Birthday until the end of the game like Rouge, Shadow, Blaze, and Silver so they only showed up in the story because you saved them from the Time Lock.

#114 Asami89

Asami89

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

An interesting thing!
I think that when Rafa Knight mention there might be some cameo related to freedom fighters, she referred to Sonic Boom Fire and Ice, I've played while ago and I found a surprise!
In sonic house, there are a comic of sonic the hedgehog!
I guess that's the only cameo that are related with sonic archie word.

#115 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

Yeah but who knows we just need to wait until more info on Project Sonic 2017 is released

#116 Nightmus

Nightmus

Sally fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 01:51 AM

I wonder if Sega thinks that making a darker Sonic game about resistance to already victorious Eggman is enough reference to satisfy SATAM and Archie comics fans without committing to a new canon universe among their games. Theoretically they can even reference "other members" of resistance, who are never shown on screen and never called by name.

Using actual FF characters would be a lot better though. I might even read past StH#50 comic to understand all this new Genesis Wave universe stuff and redesigned characters. Currently I sort of want to stay in a world of SATAM s1-3.

#117 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 571 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:24 PM

I wonder if Sega thinks that making a darker Sonic game about resistance to already victorious Eggman is enough reference to satisfy SATAM and Archie comics fans without committing to a new canon universe among their games. Theoretically they can even reference "other members" of resistance, who are never shown on screen and never called by name.

Using actual FF characters would be a lot better though. I might even read past StH#50 comic to understand all this new Genesis Wave universe stuff and redesigned characters. Currently I sort of want to stay in a world of SATAM s1-3.

Here's the catch: if Sega introduced any reference to the FF in this game, won't they have to gain permission from Archie?  And with the past issues, I am not sure if Sega wants to interfere with Archie.

Also, I know many people get turned off from newer Sonic games because of the amount of characters in the newer games.  While the comic/show fans are fully aware of the FF, there are plenty of game fans who know nothing of the FF: adding them to the game would be no different than creating another Sonic character.  I think Sega is aware of this issue with the fanbase.

So you only read up to issue 50?  You and I are on the same boat!

gallery 51493 212 294091

#118 Nightmus

Nightmus

Sally fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:34 PM

Here's the catch: if Sega introduced any reference to the FF in this game, won't they have to gain permission from Archie?  And with the past issues, I am not sure if Sega wants to interfere with Archie.

Also, I know many people get turned off from newer Sonic games because of the amount of characters in the newer games.  While the comic/show fans are fully aware of the FF, there are plenty of game fans who know nothing of the FF: adding them to the game would be no different than creating another Sonic character.  I think Sega is aware of this issue with the fanbase.

So you only read up to issue 50?  You and I are on the same boat!

I believe they could be really vague about resistance members and show (and reference by name) only established characters. That way the main characters can act like they aren't the only members of resistance and they can reference "guys at the base" or something like "resistance squad #21". A couple of minor details added and you can imagine your favorite characters being out there in the field on another mission or coordinating teams at the base.

Yeah, I stopped at issue #50. I more or less read a short summary of later issues and couldn't bring myself to shift my beloved SATAM universe to what Archie has led it into. Even if the later issues are great (maybe, I don't know), for me it all revolves around Sally. If I ever stumbled upon somebody saying the story gets really great and he/she as a SATAM fan is happy to read the recent Sally story arc, I'd strongly consider reading #51 and onward. Sadly, I've never seen such an opinion.

#119 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:26 AM

I've read all the way through the current releases Nightmus and I'm afraid it's true, her character did not get treated well (Issue 134 anyone?). I still thoroughly enjoyed the read, but there were definitely some questionable writing decisions. Thanks to Sega's mandates, the writing is heavily restricted now. All we get are occasional hints - or more like acknowledgements - about her and Sonic like having him carry her or showing her blush after he tells a story/joke. She does get to participate more directly in combat now thanks to her ringblades.

Ish, I'm pretty sure Sega has free reign with those characters if they so choose. They were the ones who kept Sally from being killed off years ago and the FF did get a small cameo in Spinball. Afaik, the only entity keeping Sega from putting the FF in a game is Sega. I could be mistaken of course.

#120 Nightmus

Nightmus

Sally fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:55 PM

I've just read Lost Hedgehog Tales ep1, a short text by Ian Flynn, where he explains some of his decisions. Even though I didn't read the comics, it was really interesting. Looks like all he was pursuing with Sally's roboticisation is suspense. What I gathered from it, is that he aknowledges that Sally is the cornerstone of the comics and he likes the character. That's something.

I read somewhere about the new guidelines Sega decided to follow, that Sonic will not participate in any love interest relationships and will focus entirely on adventure. The goal must've been to avoid alienating various shipping fans and leaving that to one's imagination. Not the worst decision in the grand scheme of things, but still. SATAM was 99% Sonally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users