Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  furrykef : (02 December 2020 - 04:04 PM)

Now that all the parts have arrived, I'm not in any mood to actually build the PC.

@  furrykef : (30 November 2020 - 09:25 AM)

Welp. The good news is my RAM arrived today. The bad news is I'd misread the package tracking, so my mobo and fan are coming late.

@  furrykef : (30 November 2020 - 02:25 AM)

Groan. All my parts are supposed to get here today, except my RAM shipped late, so it will get here Wednesday. And there's no DDR4 RAM anywhere else in the house.

@  furrykef : (23 November 2020 - 04:17 AM)

Me.

@  Nex : (21 November 2020 - 07:11 PM)

All this chat about failing hardware reminds me that I gotta update my GPU n SSD this year. Who'dve thought an M.2 boot drive could get filled entirely by sodding Windows updates >.<

@  tiff15 : (21 November 2020 - 12:28 PM)

computer fans are starting to wonk out, so Im using a laptop for now...Hi all!

@  furrykef : (18 November 2020 - 05:56 AM)

The bad news is my hard drive is busted. So I'm currently on a Linux Mint Live CD. Ain't that fun?

@  furrykef : (18 November 2020 - 05:56 AM)

Whew! I'm finally on my PC after three weeks of not being able to use it.

@  Shadow : (07 November 2020 - 01:51 PM)

FUS should bring back the artist galleries.

@  Ishapar : (05 November 2020 - 01:22 PM)

Honestly I only come here for Sea3on and the forums.

@  Nex : (03 November 2020 - 08:00 PM)

Crikey! I'm so used t just heading straight to the forum since the front page hadn't updated since July 2019 xD

@  wildfire : (03 November 2020 - 01:09 AM)

HOLY SCHNIKES! The main site's been updated

@  Nex : (28 October 2020 - 10:15 AM)

You can panic all you like though. Just don't you DARE painc!

@  John Roberts : (28 October 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Don't painc!

@  tiff15 : (23 October 2020 - 09:14 AM)

Thanks for the welcome guys. Im working with Octascratchrock right now on our RP series. once thats up to snuff, we can continue the series here (I hope.) I'll also see about moving my fan fiction series here as well.

@  Shadow : (15 October 2020 - 12:36 PM)

All your base are belong to us.

@  Ishapar : (13 October 2020 - 12:16 PM)

So the last two days had the most shoutbox activity. We broke a record, mates!

@  Ishapar : (13 October 2020 - 12:11 PM)

I haven't been doing much of anything in life, so I really haven't been to forums either. Hey, tiff15, welcome back.

@  Nex : (13 October 2020 - 12:54 AM)

Ya most of the FUS monkeys like to hide in the Discord server these days.

@  tiff15 : (12 October 2020 - 05:02 PM)

I see. well, Im just glad someone answered at some point. Ive been to less active forums, so this is fine! ^-^

Photo

Sally Acorn And Archie Freedom Fighters Possbily In Official Game In 2016

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#81 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:50 AM

*shrug* I loved Generations, aside from one particularly badly designed level. But it was a small enough part of the game that I can easily overlook it.

#82 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:34 PM

I guess I'l find out once it's done downloading from steam...

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#83 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

Just read through this thread. It'd be wonderful to see the Freedom Fighters in a licensed game. It'd be even better if Sega would let our favorite couple exist in a game. I'd finally go ahead and pick up a new console for that, but I'm not crossing my fingers.

That analysis was thorough and well written Frieza.

Well, if anyone gets a petition going I'll gladly sign up and share it.

#84 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 571 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:09 PM

You think a petition would work?

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#85 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

You think a petition would work?

It'd be better than nothing. If enough people make it clear to Sega that including the Freedom Fighters would be marketable they'd be more likely to consider it. Money talks. Collect enough drops of water and you can fill a bucket so to speak. Sure it's a longshot, but can't hurt.

#86 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:11 AM

This kind of stuff has been petitioned a thousand times. It's just not gonna work, I'm afraid.

#87 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

This kind of stuff has been petitioned a thousand times. It's just not gonna work, I'm afraid.

Well, how about simply campaigning to send them e-mails and tweets galore? Keep pestering them? Idk. The idea of getting the freedom fighters in a licensed game - I kept wondering why they weren't around when I was a kid - is exciting to say the least.

#88 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

Well, how about simply campaigning to send them e-mails and tweets galore? Keep pestering them? Idk. The idea of getting the freedom fighters in a licensed game - I kept wondering why they weren't around when I was a kid - is exciting to say the least.

Even still, I'm not 100% sure Sega of Japan knows what they would be dealing with or know how to handle the characters/treat them right. The way the franchise has gone in the past 5 or so years hasnt been very reassuring

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#89 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

Even still, I'm not 100% sure Sega of Japan knows what they would be dealing with or know how to handle the characters/treat them right. The way the franchise has gone in the past 5 or so years hasnt been very reassuring

But!! ...Ummm..... *crickets* Ok that's a good point. They need to pull their heads out of their butts and quit being short-sighted. As a younger fan I admired Sega for being so quick to push things out into the market; for being the innovators who'd take the next step in the console race. Now looking back at failures like the Saturn, I see that they've had a long-running habit of rushing things out the door instead of making sure the product was fit for the market first.

All I know is there's plenty of untapped potential in the Mobius universe. This very valid point about how reckless they've been with the games sure gives mixed feelings about adding the cast of characters. Blah.....

#90 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:22 PM

Screw Sega. What we need are SatAM fans with talent and/or money. Then we can have things like this, or this, or that Starfox thing. And descent fan games wouldn't even require half that much skill. It baffles me that, even to this day, Sonic Epoch is still the only SatAM fan game that's actually gotten finished (though this one is well on its way).

#91 King Connor Acorn

King Connor Acorn

Sally Fan #1

• Fellow FUSer
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

Hey Frieza you have a great point I have found most of those fan series stuff to be very well done and I like the Sonic The Hedgehog Liberations link you put on there very accurate to the series and looks like a blast I have enjoyed a specific  fan series called Sonic's Family Life by JayFoxFire she's 2 epiosdes in and she has done a wonderful job it may be stop motion picture stills but it's just really good and she has wonderful voice actors! However you are right if FUS got a team of animators together we could do not only a great game like this one https://www.youtube....h?v=IAka9JDPL4c but could probably do SatAM Season 3 Animated as well!

#92 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

The main reason I'm not doing a SatAM fangame is if I do it properly it will probably be C&D'd.

#93 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,619 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

The main reason I'm not doing a SatAM fangame is if I do it properly it will probably be C&D'd.

SEGA seems to be okay with the fan games. There's been multiple fan games and they seem to be fine with them.

Hell, they were okay with a fan film

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#94 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 05:44 AM

They probably care less about fan films than fan games, considering games are their primary business. I also haven't played a Sonic fangame that doesn't suck even more than official Sonic games. Maybe there's one out there, but I haven't seen it. Finally, my design is an online multiplayer game, so if it gets shut down, nobody can play it anymore.

#95 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 571 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:13 PM

Well, maybe it doesn't hurt to still give it a shot.  I'm sure the rest of us at FUS would back you up.

An animated season 3 would be great, but can we at least get through Sea3on first  (foot tapping)?

Speaking of it....anybody here know anything about the update?  We can't get anywhere doing nothing?

Screw Sega. What we need are SatAM fans with talent and/or money. Then we can have things like this, or this, or that Starfox thing. And descent fan games wouldn't even require half that much skill. It baffles me that, even to this day, Sonic Epoch is still the only SatAM fan game that's actually gotten finished (though this one is well on its way).

Most fan works don't get finished.  It's one reason why I joined FUS as I would love to see us complete Sea3on and maybe help other fans complete their projects.  If there is anyway we can help them, I say we give it a go.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#96 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

Can you name one time Sega C&Ded anything? The only incident I can remember is this one, which as far as I know never went anywhere. The fan film employed one of their old voice actors, had a $15,000 budget, and took donations. That's like begging for legal action (though it seems they'd contacted Sega beforehand and worked something out). Sonic has more fan material than any IP I can think of, and some of it is really racy. Nintendo may be stuck in the 90s, but Sega has embraced their fandom, even to the point of self parody.

Not that I'm encouraging you to make a SatAM MOBA. I'm just saying that as long as you don't do a $100k Kickstarter, you can probably get away with anything.

#97 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

Not that I'm encouraging you to make a SatAM MOBA. I'm just saying that as long as you don't do a $100k Kickstarter, you can probably get away with anything.

Would so play that..... I play Heroes of the Storm - very casual - quite frequently.

#98 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,523 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

Can you name one time Sega C&Ded anything?

Streets of Rage Remake. The C&D on that was the big thing that made me give up on the idea of fan works of Sega properties.

Would so play that..... I play Heroes of the Storm - very casual - quite frequently.

We should get a Heroes of the Storm group going. chief, Bakuda, RedAuthar, RedMenace, and I already play it, but not on a regular basis.

#99 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

Can you name one time Sega C&Ded anything?

Streets of Rage Remake. The C&D on that was the big thing that made me give up on the idea of fan works of Sega properties.

We should get a Heroes of the Storm group going. chief, Bakuda, RedAuthar, RedMenace, and I already play it, but not on a regular basis.

Played a crap ton of streets of rage 3. I always went for the kangaroo or shiva; the two secret characters. That probably is why I never unlocked the best ending. Can't blame your apprehension. It would hurt to put in all the needed effort to complete a game and get the rug yanked-out from under you.

Message me anyone if you want my battle tag. I'm not going to post it up, but I'll gladly send it that way. I've been on a lull lately, but it would be fun to run some matches with non-randoms. Stitches want to play!

#100 DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain

• Fellow FUSer
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

SatAM MOBA.. that would be cool man.

"You're watching a poster!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users