Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (12 February 2019 - 09:07 AM)

We got a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. 5e/2p

@  Clocktopus : (10 February 2019 - 03:18 PM)

grats?

@  Uncle Ben : (08 February 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Well, just about a month until I move into a new place

@  chief : (03 February 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Laura has been off the internet and VA path for some time. Though she has slowly come back and is working on a few things. But reaching her can be hard these days. I'm currently working with her on a few things but everything is just done via email or discord now and then. Our time zones usually screw up the discord bit.

@  Ishapar : (30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM)

So Kev, find anybody for the voice acting yet?

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 January 2019 - 09:29 AM)

Time of death... 10:25am

@  Uncle Ben : (20 January 2019 - 10:16 AM)

Snow's stopped, turning to rain.

@  Kev : (10 January 2019 - 10:34 AM)

Thanks I will give that a try.

@  GamemasterAn... : (10 January 2019 - 08:19 AM)

Could you go to voicebunny to find someone to voice Bunnie? (I'm sorry...I had to do it.)

@  Shadow : (10 January 2019 - 12:00 AM)

Try the website voicebunny to look for someone.

@  Uncle Ben : (06 January 2019 - 05:09 PM)

There's probably a few out there

@  Kev : (06 January 2019 - 03:26 AM)

Is there anyone else that can do a good Sally voice over?

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:57 AM)

She voiced my last cartoon, I did ask her but it's been months now and I've not heard anything back.

@  Sandata : (05 January 2019 - 08:49 AM)

I don't know if she's still active, but look up LauraOlsenBlue on youtube. Think she used to be on here too.

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:45 AM)

Can anyone here or does anyone know anybody that can replicate Sally's voice from Sonic SatAm. I am trying to make another cartoon but need someone to voice it.

@  Uncle Ben : (31 December 2018 - 09:07 PM)

Happy new year everyone

@  Uncle Ben : (29 December 2018 - 10:02 PM)

So I got back into playing Pokemon GO again. Been completing the field research challenges and I encountered a Shiny Moltres!

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 December 2018 - 07:41 PM)

Merry Christmas if you didn't see me say it in the creative corner

@  Uncle Ben : (25 December 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals

@  Sandata : (24 December 2018 - 03:02 PM)

Happy Christmas folks!

Photo

Could Penders Have Caused Even More Damage Than We Think?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

I was just thinking about the lawsuit and then I noticed that Archie lost the contracts in 1996 causing this whole mess we are in now.

Then it hit me. Is the reason why things from the comics and the SatAM series were never incorporated into the games was because it could start lawsuits like this one due to the contracts being lost? Therefore triggering Sonic's extreme limits on his potential?

If so maybe I owe SEGA an apology. I thought they were blind, greedy perpetrators that reek of everything wrong with our broken Hollywood system. But if THIS was true, maybe they were just scared the whole time. However, I also understand that neither side may be COMPLETELY right.

I mean we have a little evidence to support this already, especially how Penders stabbed Hurst in the back. I guess reasons related to this is not only why we never saw western sonic on the big screen (or ANY Sonic at all), but also the reason why we rarely if ever saw any western elements in the games. And now we may ALSO be losing a good chunk of them from the comics as well.

Just a thought, but I also believe we should look into this further.

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

https://www.change.o...-hedgehog-comic

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#2 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

I doubt that's the case... mostly. With the exception of the game cast, SatAM cast, and Ian-created characters, nearly every non-Penders character is off-limits till they can verify which characters they can still use.

Sega of America had hopes of incorporating the Freedom Fighters into the games back in the 90's, but the one game which they were suggested to star in (Sonic X-treme) had numerous technical and production problems. So many, in fact, that Sega decided to leave gaming production to the Japanese development team. Thus, every game since then has reflected the Japanese canon, while the former American canon slowly faded away.

However, with the recent announcement of "Sonic Boom", a new American canon is underway. And considering its SoA that's allowing the Freedom Fighters to keep on fighting, there's a better chance for the SatAM/Archie characters to appear in the show than with anything produced by SoJ. Heck, the show's creators did state that other characters will be returning alongside newer ones, and Archie is apparently working on a comic book tie-in for the series, which could mean something.

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:06 AM

I could also not mean anything as there has been Other Game Tie-ins that didn't feature the Freedom Fighters before.  Most were just glorified ads for the game containing little to no entertainment value. 

#4 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

However, with the recent announcement of "Sonic Boom", a new American canon is underway. And considering its SoA that's allowing the Freedom Fighters to keep on fighting, there's a better chance for the SatAM/Archie characters to appear in the show than with anything produced by SoJ. Heck, the show's creators did state that other characters will be returning alongside newer ones, and Archie is apparently working on a comic book tie-in for the series, which could mean something.

And the redesigns could work with the "Sonic Boom" designs as well. Hell Sally's wrist blade things look similar to the Enerbeam things that they all have. Perhaps its a bit of foreshadowing??

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#5 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Heck, the show's creators did state that other characters will be returning alongside newer ones, and Archie is apparently working on a comic book tie-in for the series, which could mean something.

Still, what Penders did could still have an effect on things. I'll make another topic about this soon.

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

https://www.change.o...-hedgehog-comic

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#6 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

"did could"?  Kef is gonna have a field day with that one.....

It's Possible that Penders has caused more damage than we thought.  More than likely though SEGA didn't realize how big SatAM had effected US audiences and when they're story didn't go in the same direction decided not to compete with them.

Also for the Penders stabbed Hurst in the back thing, all we have is Hurst's view on what happened which may not be what really happened because he didn't have the whole picture.  Penders could have had nothing to do with SEGA pulling out.

#7 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Perhaps you should read it again. What Louis said is perfectly grammatically correct. :P

#8 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

Perhaps you should read it again. What Louis said is perfectly grammatically correct. :P

....Guh.....

I hate grammer. 

#9 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

grammar ;)

#10 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

grammar ;)

I know.  I misspelled it purposely. 

#11 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Well don't bait me like that >:|

#12 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

But it's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

#13 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Well don't bait me like that >:|

You know what's worser?

(I'm sorry...I had to do it).

When people try to correct your "grammer" when they get that spelling wrong, or just get "there grammer" wrong all the time. Ever had that happen to you? It happens in the Youtube comment box a lot...

Truly, if you ever want a horrible conversation that's the place to go. xD

Anywho...

The only thing Pender's ruined in the long term is his career. The Comic is not shabby right now/ It has promise and a fresh new start to blot out the crap like this. And Pender's fiasco with Hurst has only generated a nice backlash for SoA fans. This just generates a potential jaded audience, curious to see what could be,  that someone could eventually capitalize on. Let's be hopeful, not hapless.

#14 Rudd

Rudd

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

I was just thinking about the lawsuit and then I noticed that Archie lost the contracts in 1996 causing this whole mess we are in now.

Then it hit me. Is the reason why things from the comics and the SatAM series were never incorporated into the games was because it could start lawsuits like this one due to the contracts being lost? Therefore triggering Sonic's extreme limits on his potential?

Or, you know, Sega just didn't think that the SatAM and Archie characters had that much potential and decided that they weren't worth adapting into the games as a result. And frankly I wouldn't blame them. As much as we might love them due to our fond memories of the cartoon, the Freedom Fighters weren't that interesting. Even Ben Hurst seemed to think so, seeing how he put less focus on them in the second season.

Sega of America had hopes of incorporating the Freedom Fighters into the games back in the 90's, but the one game which they were suggested to star in (Sonic X-treme) had numerous technical and production problems.

Weren't the SatAM characters and elements scrapped early in the game's development due to lack of interest in them, though?

#15 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Well the system it was supposed to appear on (32X) wasn't doing so hot.  The project was later picked up by a different team who decided just not to use the Freedom Fighters.  While that choice could be because the Freedom Fighters lacked popularity, it was more likely that the developers weren't really working on the same project.  The two have little to nothing to do with each other except that they are both cancelled Sonic Games.  

Also the Character Tiara looks somewhat like Sally and people think that's who she originally was.  

#16 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

I heard that it was because the higher-ups didn't like the slow Metal Gear-style gameplay.
image.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users