Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (20 July 2019 - 02:32 AM)

It would also mean a great investment to capitalize on a untapped western market of american characters for american fans...that is, if SoJ would ever allow it.

@  Shadow : (20 July 2019 - 01:00 AM)

Because the Archie comics kept the SatAM cast current for so many years their are many fans that would be more than willing to pay good money for seeing them in some official capacity. If only their were a way to find out who to talk to and how to reach them.

@  Shadow : (20 July 2019 - 12:59 AM)

I been thinking. Who is the most key essential person in Sonic Team who is friendly to US fans? Whoever he is would be the key essential person to find and target to bring attention to our fanbase and that their is a market for it.

@  Wulfsbane : (19 July 2019 - 10:52 PM)

Pat does theater work in LA from time to time. She's mostly retired.

@  Shadow : (19 July 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Would a 4K transfer blu ray be possible to produce?

@  Quickster : (19 July 2019 - 12:20 AM)

Unless we were able to somehow contact Pat Allee.

@  furrykef : (18 July 2019 - 09:23 AM)

Possible it was mostly Pat Allee's script. Unfortunately there's no way to know who did what on each script.

@  Shadow : (16 July 2019 - 12:00 PM)

I remember when Ben Hurst came onto this site and we got to send him notes. My favorite episode was Sonic and Sally, since it was my first episode I ever saw. Unfortunately he did not remember working on that one, despite it being his script.

@  chief : (14 July 2019 - 07:41 PM)

Yeah I did get it. Came out nice. Kinda a neat read.

I do want to scan it but...I dont want to fold the paper. I might try just taking some high def pictures.

@  David The Lu... : (12 July 2019 - 08:50 PM)

Heck did you get it in the mail. More importantly, have you scanned it yet because things like that need to be scanned and preserved.

@  chief : (29 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  chief : (29 June 2019 - 11:06 AM)

Also just tossing this out there again...Sea3on has a Discord Chanel that I'm going to be adding some FUS rooms too. So come on and feel free to join up https://discord.gg/qQrqAvG

@  chief : (27 June 2019 - 07:29 PM)

Havent gotten it yet but....Still excited.

@  wildfire : (23 June 2019 - 03:30 PM)

That's not too much for something so good honestly. I would pay that if I had it.

@  chief : (23 June 2019 - 12:19 PM)

Yea...Pretty excited to get it. I mean...It apparently went from LA to Kentucky for some reason...But I'm sure it will arrive after its North American tour through the postal service.

@  Wulfsbane : (19 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

If there's another one I'll try to get it

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 June 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Woah. I'd pay even more.

@  chief : (16 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

I just spent way too much money for paper with words written on it

https://www.ebay.com...ordt=true&rt=nc

@  Wulfsbane : (15 June 2019 - 06:12 PM)

As long as it wasnt GSW or Lebron...

@  Shadow : (13 June 2019 - 09:34 PM)

The Raptors won the NBA!

Most Liked Content

#142218 Sally's Derobotized "new Look" (Shown At Nycc 2012

Posted by fishtheimpaler on 15 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

DON'T WORRY FANS SHE'LL BE BACK TO NORMAL

WE WOULDN'T WANT TO INFLICT THE SLIGHTEST AMOUNT OF SUSPENSE OR SURPRISE UPON YOU

*shrugs* she's been in robot form for so long maybe nobody has thought that realistically she could return to normal. In which case, this was a taster of sorts, a teaser to get people excited.

You know, it took me a while to realize what exactly was so depressing about this statement, but I think I've got it.

For all these characters, roboticization is the quintessential Fate Worse Than Death. They've been fighting against this madman whose goal is to enslave the entire population, and when he gets you he turns you against your friends, while you get to watch. It's a vampire/zombie/pod person mechanic.

So one character--a politically and socially central one who has been on and off the love interest of the chief protagonist--subjects herself to this Fate Worse Than Death to save the rest of the planet, and now her friends have to combat her, knowing that every blow they strike is a blow against their imprisoned friend.

And this whole situation has become SO BORING that it's potentially an interesting, buzz-building move to just up and tell the readership "yeah, she's going to escape and everything will be okay again," because the readers will be more excited about a possible change in a character's outfit than worried about whether one of them will be a slave forever, die a slave, kill her friends, etc.

I don't care who you are, that's just some bad, bad writing.

#67749 Stop Online Piracy Act

Posted by RedAuthar on 16 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

They make them that long so you DON'T read it all and miss details.

#208175 It's Been 20000 Years...

Posted by Ann Chovi on 25 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

... but I was feeling nostalgic after hearing about Sega's break with Archie and drew a thing. Thought you guys might like it? :'D

tumblr_otoli8qaZ71tbwjqno1_1280.jpg

Anyway, how've ya'll been doing? Behaving I hope? xD

#206773 Chapter 7

Posted by chief on 20 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

We are aiming more for the new year at this point. Tim had a project he had to finish up before getting anything started with this current chapter. As well as giving Stephen some extra time as it's been a while since he has done colours.

We have gone through chapter 7 in a big meeting and figured out proper page layouts etc.

So it's in the works. But after such a long hiatus and other projects.. I'm going to say we should start releasing early in the new year. Gives us enough time to forum a larger backlog then we have previously had.

#83575 My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

Posted by Shadow on 17 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Posted Image

#81802 10'000 Pages Or Bust

Posted by Gojira007 on 10 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

And now, for no other reason than because I watched it on YouTube and still found it hilarious....

"HALF-LIFE: FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES"!

#79200 10'000 Pages Or Bust

Posted by chief on 01 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

There you go, My Little Pony but bad ass! Keytar man!

#209966 Sonic Mania Adventures Thread...

Posted by SolidSonicTH on 30 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

I'll post updates in here as long as I can remember to.

Here's episode 1 (my avatar is taken from it):

#208329 You Least Favorite Moment On Sonicx

Posted by Clocktopus on 18 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Whenever Chris is on screen.  

#208285 Mecha-sally

Posted by RedAuthar on 13 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

Uh...non-spoiler warning...be warned that it's a long arc with a bit less than satisfactory ending.  

#207270 10'000 Pages Or Bust

Posted by RedAuthar on 28 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

Allow me to be a bit sappy and a bit reminiscent…

First off, I’m not going anywhere so you can put away the confetti and poppers.

Secondly I want to thank you.  All of you.  

Nearly seven years ago, I was just out and about reading stupid webcomics about a silly Blue Hedgehog who could run faster than the speed of sound.  At this time I knew of Sonic SatAM but I had actually seen maybe three episodes at best.  I was only vaguely aware of the difference between SatAM and Archie.  For most of my life, the Games, the comics, they were all one continuity, and the game just hadn’t focused as much on the other characters like Sally and Rotor (after all, they were in Sonic Spinball so obviously they were main series canon xD ).  I had only recently became aware that some Sonic fans didn’t even know who the Freedom Fighters were.  I had barely realized there were multiple canons to the Sonic Multiverse.  

During my binge through mostly terrible and unredeemable Sonic Sprite Comics, I came across a rare drawn comic called SatAM DX by Soniched. It was a fan continuation of the series with their view on how the third season should have been done.  Being barely aware of SatAM at the time, I just assumed it was another Archie Sonic inspired fan comic.  To be frank, I was lost.  I had no idea what they were referencing, what events were what, and why the characters were a bit different than I remembered them.  Though I was a big time Archie Sonic fan, I had never actually read all the way through the series at the time.  Only the few comics my local comic shop had sold to me at reasonable (not really in hindsight) prices and the ones stored on Sonic Mega Collection.  

So like any fan, when I had questions, I consulted the wiki.    Obviously the Mobius Encyclopedia did not have the answers I was looking for, but it did lead me to the Sonic News Network which did.  SatAM DX was based of SatAM (Go figure).  So obviously, I needed to watch through SatAM to understand what was going on.  So I did.  On Youtube.  Twice.  Instantly I was a big fan.  While I still consider myself an Archie Sonic fan first (heck, I was introduced to Sonic via the comics.  I barely was aware of the games until much later in life), I had found a love for this 90s show.  

At this time I was attending College.  Since I was absolutely TERRIBLE at scheduling, I had a TWO HOUR GAP in the middle of my day.  That hours quickly was filled with SatAM.  I tried to do research, find third season rumors and fanmakes.  One was a sprite animation, one was a summary of rumored ideas….

One was a humble Webcomic called Sea3on on a website Called Fans United for Sonic SatAM.   

Now being a (terrible) artist myself, and the fact that they were looking for artists for the Shorts, I submitted some Mugshots in an attempt to impress.  I probably failed.  I honestly forgotten mostly about those monstrosities.  Quite frankly I don’t care to look for them because old art always makes me hurl.  

However that didn’t stop me from becoming a member of the forum.  Before I knew it, I was on everyday.  I posted from my laptop.  I posted from my PSP.  I became a Mod, then an Admin.  I got my siblings to join.  I started a terrible fan game project that is technically still going though not really making any progress.  I made the FUS awards, the comic download section, there was a FUS News thing we were going to do that I made an intro for that I can’t find on FUS.  I wasted countless hours on the RPG threads before they got too crazy and killed themselves.  I killed way too many spambots to count.  

But mostly, I met a lot of people whom I shared a common interest with.  A passion for a probably overrated Video Game Character who just happened to have a Popular 90s Cartoon that we all love.  

I want to say thank you.  Thank you for being my digital home.  A place I’ll spend countless hours on in the years to come.  A place where we can argue over Sonic’s eye color, hair style, role in the freedom fighters, and why we can never decide if we like or hate what he’s doing next.  A place where we Posted so much random crap we’ve gone from 1000 to 10000 pages (or bust).  A place where we filled posts with quote pyramids that started to slow down other people's computers.  A place where you all constantly break my shoutbox by putting videos in it.  A place where we’ve fought over politics, religion, science, and what qualifies as NSWF or “Forum Appropriate”.  A place where despite everything wrong with it, we keep posting when we should be sleeping, or working, or doing something important.  

Doesn’t matter if you’ve been here before my time, during my reign of terror, or are just barely starting, Thank You for being United with me as Fellow Fans for Sonic SatAM and Fellow over nostalgic nerds who just happen to like a 90s cartoon…

...about a Cybernetic, overweight dictator, a chipmunk princess with a souped up calculator/laptop dues ex machina machine….

….and a speedy, chili dog loving, attitude spewing, mohawk sporting, blue hedgehog.  

You’re all way past Cool.  

• D. G. “TheRedAuthar” Bigelow

You may now return to your regularly scheduled 10000 pages or Bust.

#199523 Would You Believe It...?

Posted by John Roberts on 03 February 2015 - 02:22 AM

I got bloody married!

It has been what seems like a very long time since I've posted anything of relevance here at FUS. I figured what a perfect opportunity it is to share this news with you all - even though there are that many new people here I barely recognise the place... And then there's Kef.

Fuck you, Kef.

Anyway! I would like to introduce to you all... my wife. :) We were married on the 29th day of November, 2014.

(Hell, it HAS been a long time. I could barely remember how to attach a photo to this bastard.)

Attached File  Tracey and John sneak peak-13.jpg   166.14KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Tracey and John sneak peak-2.jpg   279.14KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Tracey and John sneak peak-11.jpg   85.9KB   0 downloads

Can see the whole thing right here on a blog my photographer set up http://theartofzowie...a-resort-moama/

Let it be said... weddings are fucking expensive. REALLY expensive. And I would do it all over again if it meant being married to this amazing and brilliant woman for the rest of my life.

#196676 10'000 Pages Or Bust

Posted by Shadow on 09 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

GPpXsCQ.png

#193828 Axis Artismist

Posted by Prince ByTor on 27 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I love your artwork, and I really like this one in particular:

_point_commission____jay_by_armpit_warri

#181060 The All-New Sonic Comic Universe!

Posted by jtreese on 12 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

I just hope we don't get another GENESIS Wave plot.

#180877 No One Is Truly Satisfied

Posted by GamemasterAnthony on 11 September 2013 - 07:24 AM

The only real mistake Sega made, from where I see it, was by saying "there's nothing the fans can do about it" in regards to the comic.  Two problems with that.

One...they are wrong.  The fans could decide to say "Take that spike blue rodent of yours and shove it up your ass!" and then decide to walk away from the series completely.  Essentially, screwing both the game and the comic because Sega decided to be a complete douche to the fans.  Technically, they ARE right that the fans could do nothing about which creative direction the comic goes, but they could have been more tactful with it.  Come to think of it...didn't Adam Orth get fired from Microsoft for telling gamers to "deal with it" in a very similar manner?

Two...they're doing it wrong in regards to the comic.  By that I mean they're treating the comic as an advertising medium first rather than as entertainment first.  The comic can work wonders as a means to advertise, but only if it is entertaining and engaging...AND if the the fans can become vested in it.  Sega should probably ask another company that nearly screwed themselves over when THEY tried to use an alternate medium as advertisement first and nearly killed a popular franchise when they did.  That company...was HASBRO!

See...Hasbro during G1 Transformers tried to use the movie as a means to bring in the new line of characters and toys and say goodbye to some of the older ones.  Unfortunately, when one of the characters they killed off in the movie was OPTIMUS PRIME, a lot of fans did the Peter Griffin "DONE!" and walked away.  Hasbro didn't realize that the fans were vested in a lot of the characters, including the fact that many saw Optimus as pretty much the face of the franchise.  Just imagine what would happen if Game Freak decided to get rid of Ash's Pikachu in the anime and you get the idea.  So...Hasbro had to figure out a way to revive Optimus and get those fans back.

Sega's making the same mistake here.  A lot of the fans, especially the "old school" fans they were trying to draw back, are pretty much vested in the idea of Sonic and Sally being a couple since a lot of those fans are still fans of the old SatAM series.  (This message board is proof of that!)  In fact, by trying to reset Sonic ALL the way back, they basically screwed Sonic over because they tried to retcon a lot of the more significant and (in my opinion) important character developments in Sonic.  Sonic as a hero is great...but Sonic as someone who can be like a brother to Tails and can still find time to have a relationship is a more well rounded character instead of a two-dimensional trope.

Actually...Sega should just step back and let Ian do his own thing with the comic.  People liked "Sonic Other-M" because he could tell a relatively good story while still remaining faithful to the source material.  Hell...I thought playing off when Knuckles was a villian in Sonic 3 to make him a villian in Other-M was pretty clever.  The only reason people hate Ian right now is because even I could tell there was a story Ian WANTED to write...but Sega isn't letting him.  Worse yet...this seems to be coloring people's view of the old Other-M comic since I've seen those who once liked the comic now badmouthing it.

I think the fans will come around once the story becomes more cohesive.  Yes, like bwrosas said there will still be those who aren't satisfied, but overall I think if Ian can be allowed to write the story he was trying to write without Sega sticking their nose in that the comic will be better off as a result and the fans will like it more.

#167259 Good News For Archie... Kind Of.

Posted by RedAuthar on 17 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

I was under the impression he didn't like the way Archie Comics wanted to go. They couldn't find a middle ground, and he left.

I think it's the fact he hasn't really done anything since working for Archie that led to the lawsuit. Rather then swallow his pride and go back to Archie, he just wanted his characters.

Though I thought of a solution that could potentially benefit everyone. Why not let Penders do a Alternate Universe Comic? We'd keep the main story with no changes, and Penders can write his own storyline with his characters, branching off at the point where he stopped writing or whenever. You could even have the story introduced via Sonic Universe without making any promises. Everybody wins!

#167215 Good News For Archie... Kind Of.

Posted by Wulfsbane on 16 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

No i like the old cast

#161054 The Fus Awards - The Best Of The Worst (Feb 2013)

Posted by RedAuthar on 20 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

NOMINATIONS ARE OVER!
THE VOTING IS OVER! CHECK OUT THE WINNERS HERE!

Alright let's start off with some simple opinion based Categories to test the waters.

THE BEST OF THE WORST!

Categories:
  • The Best Worst Sonic Game:
    • The Sonic Game That the FUS Community hates the most (or at least likes the least)!
    • Rules:
      • No Spin-off Games! It has to be one of Sonic's quests. No Olympics, Shuffle, Party Games, McDonald's Handhelds, etc.
      • It can be a remake. Maybe you like the original and hate the remake. That's cool.
    • Right now your voting for Nominations. After I get enough the top 5 will be resubmitted to find out which you guys hate the most.
  • The Best Worst Sonic Game Power-Up/Upgrade:
    • Ever get the Drop Shot in Metal Slug? It's the worst Power-Up ever. Similar Concept, which Sonic Power-Up/Upgrades.
    • Rules:
      • Give the Game it's from and who can use it in your vote. Is it the Fire Shield from Sonic 3? Maybe it's the Knuckles's Sunglasses from Sonic Adventure 2? State what game it's from and what characters so I know what it is.
      • It has to be a Power-Up item or and Upgrade Item. Shadow's Guns don't Count. Vehicles don't count (though upgrades for the SA2 Walkers do). Natural Abilities don't count (Unless they have to be unlocked).
      • No Super Forms.
    • Again you're voting for Nominations. Later I'll let you guys vote on the Top 5 again.
  • The Best Worst Sonic SatAM Character:
    • Ever thought a Sonic SatAM Character was annoying? Ever wish Dulcy ceased existing? Maybe you wished Ari never showed up? Vote for who you think is the most annoying/useless/lamest character.
    • Rules:
      • They Have to have Speaking Lines. That way They have some form of Personality.
      • No Generics. Along with the No Speaking Lines, they have to actually do something. Sure the Extra Freedom Fighters who just chill in Knothole and only show up for the Meetings are annoying....but they don't qualify. And you can't just pick a single SWATbot who had a one-liner in one episode.
    • Same as Before. Nominations. Top 5.
I think a Week is good for this Contest, so let's say The Morning of the 24th March 3rd nominations will be closed. That way by Next Wednesday the top 5s should be up.

#143164 Message From Ian Flynn

Posted by saber16 on 20 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hey, in the end the writers and aritsts have their final say.
Frankly, I just don't like the outfit. I'm fine with everything else, but it's just the design, but then again maybe I'm just not used to sally wearing pants. Maybe some tweaking will be done to it, maybe they'll just go back to the original, or maybe fans will chill. I still stand by what I said, the whole idea of change feels needless for me because I never saw the characters as outdated, but that's just me. I still like the writing, and maybe I'll eat my own words and love the new designs when they settle in.
I don't have a clue.

.... Heh, a group of grown ups whining about the new design for a cartoon chipmunk... man, that's hilarious.