Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

bwrosas youtube videos

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#21 DLTN

DLTN

Rating : Awesome!!!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

The comics quality has declined alot over the years, the stories are not all terrible, but I am just plain losing interest. I think Sallys death would be a great and important story (Sonic + Dead Sal = Roaring Rampage of Revenge lol), but (If she is dead in the end) it needs to be done right and not a shot of Sonic doing his "NOOOOOOOOO" while shes snuffed out off panel. At worst it will be just another nail in the coffin, Ian will need to do a lot more than kill Sally off to totally ruin the comic, but I dont think I would continue reading much longer after shes gone. I am a SatAM fan first, and only started reading because like most older readers, It was the closest thing to a continuation of the show we had, and 90% of the SatAM elements are gone now... And also because the severley divded fan base for Sonic pisses me off something rotten haha
I dont normally join debates about the comic, but being a Sonic and Comic fan I have to say that one way or another, someone will complain about something, wether it be a SatAM purist, an Ian groupie or a comic fan in general, it just took the (possible) death of a very divided character to bring this up.

#22 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:53 AM

You mean the majority you're making up. You're painting anybody who doesn't like the character as a jealous prideful moron, leaving no room for anyone who might legitimately dislike her or could possibly have reasons outside of a stupid ship war. Breakings news! LOTS OF PEOPLE DON'T CARE. Lots and lots of people.

I take it you haven't read alot of the content from Sonic message boards or visited many fan art sites. Trust me, from what I've seen, the hate for Sally, especially from the SEGASONIC fanbase is downright ridiculous.

And the shipping war is just the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, I'm not trying to imply everyone who hates Sally is jealous and prideful. I'm sure some have valid reasons for not liking her. And, I'm not against them disliking her. If fans don't like the fact she's part of the Sonic franchise, that's fine. I have no problem with that. But when their form of dislike goes to the point of posting hate fan art that shows them wanting to gruesomely kill her, that's going too far.

Seriously, why do they have to be this violent and spiteful in regards to a fictional Sonic character?

I just don't get it.

And ya know what? Sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't. You can't fault the guy for "shooting blank bullets" when about three fourths of the time, he follows through, and follows through hard.

Ian hardly ever goes through with the big moments in the comic. Just look at the past cover issues. Several of them are just bluffs when it finally comes out.

But saying that the guy's a terrible writer because he knows what a cliffhanger is (one of the most basic things in any storytelling ever) is just silly.

No he doesn't. If Ian knew how to do cliffhangers right, he would have showed us by now what happened to Sally instead of this diversional Genesis arc tease of his.

I've seen many shows with cliffhangers, and they've never been done like this.
Posted Image

#23 pacmancdi

pacmancdi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

You mean the majority you're making up. You're painting anybody who doesn't like the character as a jealous prideful moron, leaving no room for anyone who might legitimately dislike her or could possibly have reasons outside of a stupid ship war. Breakings news! LOTS OF PEOPLE DON'T CARE. Lots and lots of people.

I take it you haven't read alot of the content from Sonic message boards or visited many fan art sites. Trust me, from what I've seen, the hate for Sally, especially from the SEGASONIC fanbase is downright ridiculous.

And the shipping war is just the tip of the iceberg.

Anyway, I'm not trying to imply everyone who hates Sally is jealous and prideful. I'm sure some have valid reasons for not liking her. And, I'm not against them disliking her. If fans don't like the fact she's part of the Sonic franchise, that's fine. I have no problem with that. But when their form of dislike goes to the point of posting hate fan art that shows them wanting to gruesomely kill her, that's going too far.

Seriously, why do they have to be this violent and spiteful in regards to a fictional Sonic character?

I just don't get it.

People can draw hate art of whatever they want. This is a free country so if you don't like that sorta thing you don't have to look at it. And if you ask me the yiff art people draw of her is FAR more disturbing than the violent stuff. I'm sure DiC, SEGA or whoever had a hand in creating her never intended her to be seen as a sex object.

#24 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

People can draw hate art of whatever they want. This is a free country so if you don't like that sorta thing you don't have to look at it. And if you ask me the yiff art people draw of her is FAR more disturbing than the violent stuff. I'm sure DiC, SEGA or whoever had a hand in creating her never intended her to be seen as a sex object.

Yea, I know this is a free country.

But even so, I'd like to know why they have such a uncalled hatred for her.

Anyway, as for the yiff art, I'll agree with you it is very disturbing too.

Although, I don't know if I can agree 100% with the fact they didn't want to make her a sex object.

If that is so true, why did they draw her without clothes and then only give her a vest?

True, she had a flat chest, but still, it's like they wanted a female character without clothes that guys would take a fancy to.
Posted Image

#25 pacmancdi

pacmancdi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

Yea, I know this is a free country.

But even so, I'd like to know why they have such a uncalled hatred for her.

Anyway, as for the yiff art, I'll agree with you it is very disturbing too.

Although, I don't know if I can agree 100% with the fact they didn't want to make her a sex object.

If that is so true, why did they draw her without clothes and then only give her a vest?

True, she had a flat chest, but still, it's like they wanted a female character without clothes that guys would take a fancy to.

Well i'd be willing to bet ABC were the ones who wanted her to wear a vest in the second season. During the 90's ABC's standards and practices were very hard to work with and made lots of weird demands. The producers of Reboot can attest to that.

#26 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

Cartoon characters don't always have to wear clothes. It's a testament to their absolute non-sexuality. As for not going through, he's blown cities up, killed characters off, taken places over. What are the BIG things he didn't follow through on, outside of "Bunnie Gone Bad" like obvious cover misleads? You obviously can't go with the bad end in every cliffhanger (although a cover isn't really a cliffhanger at all,) but he's gone through with some pretty big stuff.

Also, really, four issues is longer than some cliffhangers, but it's hardly the longest ever made. Just because it isn't answered IMMEDIATELY doesn't mean it's bad, especially since Genesis seems to be dealing with that a bit already in the first issue.

#27 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Cartoon characters don't always have to wear clothes. It's a testament to their absolute non-sexuality.

The males can get away with that because they've got nothing to show that would be considered indecent.

But when it comes to the females, and they're given eyelashes, breasts, sexy curves, etc, then no. They should be wearing clothes because they're being portrayed technically as a sex object.

Granted, there are some exceptions, but very few.

As for not going through, he's blown cities up, killed characters off, taken places over. What are the BIG things he didn't follow through on, outside of "Bunnie Gone Bad" like obvious cover misleads? You obviously can't go with the bad end in every cliffhanger (although a cover isn't really a cliffhanger at all,) but he's gone through with some pretty big stuff.

You mean cities like New Mobotropolis, the city that was blown up in 175, and then magically reappeared the very next issue? Yea, real shake up.

Or Robotropolis, another city that was blown up, but didn't exactly cause much problems for Eggman, since he just moved to another base without too much difficulty.

Anyway, as for the characters he's killed off, most of them were insignificant. Tommy was one I didn't care much for. The Dark Legion Echidnas were more valuable, but only by a little bit, even though I disapproved of that move. Locke on the other hand, ok, that one was somewhat significant since he was Knuckle's father. Still, he wasn't a major character like Sally is.

Also, really, four issues is longer than some cliffhangers, but it's hardly the longest ever made. Just because it isn't answered IMMEDIATELY doesn't mean it's bad, especially since Genesis seems to be dealing with that a bit already in the first issue.

Not really. It doesn't mention at all if Sally is going to be ok or not. She and the Freedom Fighters are basically adjusting to what Eggman did in 225.

Maybe this isn't the longest cliffhanger, but I don't see how it couldn't be.

We're going to be waiting 4 months to find out Sally's fate. 4 MONTHS!

You know of any other show or comic that made the viewers wait that long to see what happened to someone in jeopardy?
Posted Image

#28 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

The new city has been a major plot point practically since it was created, and Knothole being destroyed has been a minor plot point several times as well. New Mobotropolis blowing up is what caused the end of the second Robotnik War and led directly to Eggman going crazy and now this (he never went to a new base, the Eggdome was in the remains of NM.) Have any character on SALLY'S calibur been killed? Not before now: but there aren't many characters on Sally's calibur at all, and more importantly, it's never been hinted that one of them would be. Can't pull back on a threat you never made.

People have waited a long time before on cliffhangers, yes. Go look at One Piece and you'll see tons of them throughout the series, especially since the main crew tend to get separated VERY often. I'd have to do way more research than I care for to actually pin down the specific examples, but Nico Robin's capture and captors was a big one.

#29 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm sure DiC, SEGA or whoever had a hand in creating her never intended her to be seen as a sex object.

Why does it have to be a "sex object"? Why couldn't Sally be a strong, heroic, smart person who happens to have a sexual side, just like, oh, almost everybody on the planet?

#30 pacmancdi

pacmancdi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'm sure DiC, SEGA or whoever had a hand in creating her never intended her to be seen as a sex object.

Why does it have to be a "sex object"? Why couldn't Sally be a strong, heroic, smart person who happens to have a sexual side, just like, oh, almost everybody on the planet?

Cause it's a comic for kids. Like Puffin said cartoon animals often don't wear any clothes just to show how non sexual they are. Just look at Bugs Bunny, Felix the cat, ect. The fan art is what makes them into that.

#31 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Yea, you're right about that.

Although, I think her not wearing much clothing gave her alot of fanboys in the process.

As NC put it during his AOSTH review, she launched a 1,000 furries with her presence in the show. And sadly, I don't believe he was exaggerating about it either.

Cause it's a comic for kids. Like Puffin said cartoon animals often don't wear any clothes just to show how non sexual they are. Just look at Bugs Bunny, Felix the cat, ect. The fan art is what makes them into that.

Yes, fan art is mainly to blame for these disturbing images. However, at the same time, animators from TV shows are guilty of this too.

Female Characters like Minerva Mink, Lola Bunny, and Rouge the Bat were drawn basically for the sole purpose of being a sex object the guys could oogle over.
Posted Image

#32 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

I thought that most cartoon animals don't wear clothes because...well...animals don't wear clothes :P
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#33 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

I thought that most cartoon animals don't wear clothes because...well...animals don't wear clothes :P

That's true, they don't.

Although, when they're drawn to look like human beings, especially the females, it just looks way too awkward if they don't wear clothes.
Posted Image

#34 SpartokBlokk

SpartokBlokk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Indeed. When Art Mawhinney draws the femmes of freedom fighting, lack of coverage doesn't really seem to stand out as anything peculier. When Stephen Butler does it however...

#35 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

I strongly doubt Princess Sally is supposed to be inherently nonsexual. I'm not saying she's inherently sexual, either, but that that side of her is left completely to the viewer's/reader's interpretation. It should hardly be surprise, then, that some would interpreter her as a sexual being.

Anyway, my point is that such a portrayal isn't objectifying her. Objectifying her would be the implication that sex is all she's good for, an opinion that I'm sure only the tiniest minority of Sally fans hold.

#36 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

Anyway, my point is that such a portrayal isn't objectifying her. Objectifying her would be the implication that sex is all she's good for, an opinion that I'm sure only the tiniest minority of Sally fans hold.

Good point.

Sally is not like not like Minerva Mink or even Lola Bunny in regards to that controversial matter.

Still, I don't quite understand why Sally was drawn wearing only a vest and boots.

Was is just for symbolism to show Sally was laying her royal titles aside? Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

It's because Ricky doesn't wear anything, and a blue vest and boots probably just seemed fashionable at the time. Rotor only wears a hat, Sonic and Tails shoes, Antoine a shirt. Nobody wore much clothing. Bunnie was really the odd one out with that purple leotard of hers.

#38 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:12 PM

It's because Ricky doesn't wear anything, and a blue vest and boots probably just seemed fashionable at the time. Rotor only wears a hat, Sonic and Tails shoes, Antoine a shirt. Nobody wore much clothing. Bunnie was really the odd one out with that purple leotard of hers.

That doesn't make much sense to me. When they showed beta images of the Satam show, Sally was wearing a red outfit with yellow fur.

Maybe that was before the Ricky change, I dunno...

As for the guys, well... Guys don't need to wear clothes. Since they have flat chests and nothing inappropriate showing, why do they need much clothing?
Posted Image

#39 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

Sally has a flat chest and nothing inappropriate showing, why should she need much clothing? At the end of the day it is just an innocent cartoon with little harmless animal cartoon characters at the forefront. If people what to turn that into a perversion of sorts - and they will, and have - it's hardly up to the creators to try and censor their creations (ie, put a bra and dress on Princess Sally for fear of her femininity). Hey, maybe we should dress Sally in a burqa just to be sure?

I know that's not what you are alluding to, Laser (well, I should bloody help not or we'll have some pretty exciting words ending with 'leave FUS now' ;) ). If some 'fans' are using this very slim excuse as a reason to hate this character then you can be almost certain that the real reason for hating her boils very close beneath that one, and dressing Sally up in a sensible PC manner will not alter their screwie SEGA fanboy perception one way or the other. Haters are gonna hate, and all that other overused Net lingo crap.

So let's leave Sally as she is. Her SatAM design, blue boots and nifty blue jacket ain't exactly Victoria's Secret, if you catch my meaning.

9:06

#40 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

I know that's not what you are alluding to, Laser (well, I should bloody help not or we'll have some pretty exciting words ending with 'leave FUS now' ;)

No, I wouldn't dare suggest such a thing.

Sally would look so awful in something like that. ^_^

I just thought it would be interesting if Sally could wear something feminine like Bunnie does is all, something like a blouse and skirt. But, that's just me. It's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

So let's leave Sally as she is. Her SatAM design, blue boots and nifty blue jacket ain't exactly Victoria's Secret, if you catch my meaning.

You're right. Her Satam form is very kid friendly.

Her comic form on other hand... Well, that's another story.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users