Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

bwrosas youtube videos

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#1 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

I got the issue yesterday, here's my review of it. 10/10 Good Lead in to the finale.

http://www.youtube.c...0...&playnext=1

#2 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

And everyone knows who they are.

Comments welcomed

#3 pacmancdi

pacmancdi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Yeah Ian... You better watch out. Sally fans mean serious business.

#4 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

Nice job on your video there.

Very impressive.

But I think we can all agree on one thing regarding this video.

Genesis will either make or break Ian.
Posted Image

#5 Speedy_25

Speedy_25

SatAM Vet. (knew the show since it first came out)

• Fellow FUSer
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

Well said, well said. I highly agree with this

#6 DCC

DCC

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

I understand how things might be fustrating for Ian, but he did bring this on himself by what happened to Sally. What happened has taken the focus off everything else in the comic. If Sally doesn't make it, I still think we should ask for a new writer and editor; people who would be more respectful of fans, bring Sally back, and be more respectful of Sally and her relationship with Sonic. Hopefully, Sally's fate will make or break Ian.

As for Ken, I don't care for him, he is part of the reason I lost trust and respect for Archie writers.

#7 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

BREAK HIM IN TWAIN. Until he falls in love with a physical therapist anyway, and uses her special powers in a telepathic battle to regain his right to life. He will spring to life, grabbing a pen in joy as he begins to write dozens of death scenes. His return will be a great one, and shall last until the Final Endgame, in which he shall destroy the Penders one while being simultaneously shot with the deadly Echidna Ray. So it is written.

Really, does no one else think this is getting a bit extreme? Demanding a puppet figurehead for a writer is just the worst idea ever, even if you like Sally. This isn't even the first time something huge has happened in this run. If Order from Chaos, Eggman Empire and Enerjak Returns (which were much bigger shakeups than this so far) didn't "break" the guy, this certainly won't.

#8 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

This isn't even the first time something huge has happened in this run. If Order from Chaos, Eggman Empire and Enerjak Returns (which were much bigger shakeups than this so far) didn't "break" the guy, this certainly won't.

How were they bigger shakeups when only Locke was lost from Enerjak and Eggman temporarily lost his mind?

Sally being killed off is a much bigger deal than those 2 combined.

This is a major character we're talking about that's been with the comic since Day 1.

And if this doesn't break Ian, the fans certainly could. I know fans of Sally will not tolerate him killing her off so easily, especially if it's done flippantly.
Posted Image

#9 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

Eggman going crazy wasn't one of the issues I put up. I was speaking more of burning down Knothole, exploding New Mobotropolis, killing off Locke Tommy and Kage, banishing echidnas to Albion after burning IT down, absolutely denying the Chaos Emeralds being irradiated beryl, and changing them into the Sega version. Killing off Sally's big and emotional, but it's hardly the first thing from the beginning to leave and it's hardly the biggest story he's done (yet anyway.) Suggesting he be replaced with a puppet writer who'll only write what the fans tell him to is a bad, bad idea, especially if it's just out of spite that one very divisive character is gone.

After all, not every fan is ANGRY that she's been shot.

#10 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

Eggman going crazy wasn't one of the issues I put up. I was speaking more of burning down Knothole, exploding New Mobotropolis, killing off Locke Tommy and Kage, banishing echidnas to Albion after burning IT down, absolutely denying the Chaos Emeralds being irradiated beryl, and changing them into the Sega version. Killing off Sally's big and emotional, but it's hardly the first thing from the beginning to leave and it's hardly the biggest story he's done (yet anyway.) Suggesting he be replaced with a puppet writer who'll only write what the fans tell him to is a bad, bad idea, especially if it's just out of spite that one very divisive character is gone.

After all, not every fan is ANGRY that she's been shot.

I never said every fan. I meant Sally fans in general.

Secondly, I agree a puppet write shouldn't replace Ian even if he did somehow get fired. But at the same time, we need a writer who will quit acting like it's his right to do whatever he wants with it as he pleases.

And yes, it's not the biggest upheaval the comic's ever done. Sonic would have to be killed off for that to happen, and I don't ever see that happening.
Posted Image

#11 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

It is the writer's right to do whatever he wants with it (under the supervision of the editorial staff.) You can say it sucks or that they shouldn't have exercised said right in a specific fashion (after all a writer SHOULDN'T treat a book as a stepping stone for their own stories and they should show respect TO THE MATERIAL,) but that right exists. It's what the job is about.

#12 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

It is the writer's right to do whatever he wants with it (under the supervision of the editorial staff.) You can say it sucks or that they shouldn't have exercised said right in a specific fashion (after all a writer SHOULDN'T treat a book as a stepping stone for their own stories and they should show respect TO THE MATERIAL,) but that right exists. It's what the job is about.

I'm aware of the fact that Ian does have to answer to Archie and Sega for the content he writes. How much of that they make him change or redo, I don't know.

And yes, he unfortunately does have that right, but it is a very dangerous one. Tread on it too hard, and eventually the fans will start to take notice and show their displeasure.

As a fanfic writer myself, I do take creative liberties at times as well, but not to the point of disrespecting the content of the series.

IMO, any paid writer who writes just for the money or to see what they can get away with has no business being in that field in the first place.
Posted Image

#13 DCC

DCC

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

I don't think it is exteam, we are taking about Sally's life(as much as a fictional character has a life)and well being in the comic. Of course writers have a right, but they should be respectful of the fans and take into account their feelings and what they want; although it is difficult if not impossible to please everybody,specially Sonic fandom. I don't want Sally heaters, who have been wanting Sally dead, to win in the end. Also, I don't see myself as wanting a puppet for a writer, but one who shares the same values and holds the same elements of the comic special/shouldn't be damaged beyond repair(Sonic and Sally, the freedom fighters) as I do.

#14 pacmancdi

pacmancdi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

In the video he made it sound like people were gonna beat Ian's door down if he killed Sally. I'm the only person here who thinks that sounds crazy?

#15 pacmancdi

pacmancdi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:31 AM

Also why does everyone hate the guy so much? He's just doing his freakin job. The best writers are the ones who take risks. Imo anyway.

#16 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

I don't think it is exteam, we are taking about Sally's life(as much as a fictional character has a life)and well being in the comic. Of course writers have a right, but they should be respectful of the fans and take into account their feelings and what they want; although it is difficult if not impossible to please everybody,specially Sonic fandom. I don't want Sally heaters, who have been wanting Sally dead, to win in the end. Also, I don't see myself as wanting a puppet for a writer, but one who shares the same values and holds the same elements of the comic special/shouldn't be damaged beyond repair(Sonic and Sally, the freedom fighters) as I do.

I don't want those who hate Sally to get their way either.

Their reasons for mostly wanting her gone are nothing more than pure envy and jealousy in regards to her character.

Plus, I'm almost certain most of them are Sonamy fans who can't stand the fact Sonic likes Sally more than her.

But anyway, no disrepect to Sonamy fans, I just don't understand why alot of them can't just learn to respect other people's opinions instead of spewing such uncalled for venom at times if they don't agree with their opinon.

In the video he made it sound like people were gonna beat Ian's door down if he killed Sally. I'm the only person here who thinks that sounds crazy?

Well, I don't think they're going to beat down his door if he pulls off this insane move, But I do know those who are fans of Satam and Sally WILL NOT stand for it either.

At the very least, they will boycott the comic and not speak very kindly of Ian, especially if he kills off Sally without any respect to those who care about this character.

Also why does everyone hate the guy so much? He's just doing his freakin job. The best writers are the ones who take risks. Imo anyway.

Why do people hate the guy?

You want the full list or just an abbreviated version of it?

And yes, writers are supposed to take risks. However, at the same time, they have use sound judgment and discretion when doing so. If those risks turn out to be very poor decisions, it will come back to haunt them.

Just ask Karl Bollers and Ken Penders about that.
Posted Image

#17 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

That first paragraph is such delicious hypocrisy. But really, some fans will get pissed and some will be happy. Some will threaten to kill him from a computer and threaten to boycott a book they haven't bought in years in the first place, while others will pick up the book just to see what's going on and why there's such a hubbub. Business as usual, it seems.

And then she'll probably be alive by the end anyway, as has been hinted even with all the ambiguity and confusion surrounding current events.

#18 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

As far as writing goes, there is no one writer who will make everyone happy.

#19 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

That first paragraph is such delicious hypocrisy.

How is that hypocrisy? I don't wish for Amy or any other character to be dead.

Well, maybe I wouldn't mind if Monkey Khan was killed off, but I'd be fine with him just never appearing in another issue.

Still, those who want her dead want her dead for the wrong reasons.

Their issues with her have nothing to do with her being a bad character, or even the fact she's hurting the quality of the comic.

This is an issue of pride. They don't like Sally mainly because they think she steals the spotlight from Amy and her being with Sonic.

True, not all of those who hate Sally feel that way, but that is the majority opinion of them I believe.

But really, some fans will get pissed and some will be happy. Some will threaten to kill him from a computer and threaten to boycott a book they haven't bought in years in the first place, while others will pick up the book just to see what's going on and why there's such a hubbub. Business as usual, it seems.

No, it won't be business as usual. If Sally goes, just about all her fans go too. And yes, while it is true not every Sally fan subscribes to the comic, alot do I'll bet. So, yea, Archie and Sega can kiss those subscribers and profits goodbye if Ian dares to pull this off.

And then she'll probably be alive by the end anyway, as has been hinted even with all the ambiguity and confusion surrounding current events.

Sally probably will be revived by the time 230 comes around.

Which if she does, this will be another blank bullet shot by Ian, who lives for the thrill of, "Ooh, will I, or will I not? Stay tuned to find out." :thumbsdown:
Posted Image

#20 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

True, not all of those who hate Sally feel that way, but that is the majority opinion of them I believe.

You mean the majority you're making up. You're painting anybody who doesn't like the character as a jealous prideful moron, leaving no room for anyone who might legitimately dislike her or could possibly have reasons outside of a stupid ship war. Breakings news! LOTS OF PEOPLE DON'T CARE. Lots and lots of people.

And yes, some will unsuscribe. Some will also pick the book up to see all the hubbub. The comic has had so many "IF THIS HAPPENS THE BOOK WILL DIE" moments I'm surprised anybody really thinks something like this can destroy the series forever.

Which if she does, this will be another blank bullet shot by Ian, who lives for the thrill of, "Ooh, will I, or will I not? Stay tuned to find out."

And ya know what? Sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't. You can't fault the guy for "shooting blank bullets" when about three fourths of the time, he follows through, and follows through hard.
But saying that the guy's a terrible writer because he knows what a cliffhanger is (one of the most basic things in any storytelling ever) is just silly. Even now, people can't decide whether Sally is alive or dead: all they know is the book is ruined forever because of it. And I really am starting to find that exasperating and hilarious at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users