Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  wildfire : (28 November 2021 - 03:05 PM)

Just throwing a shout in here since it's been a minute. Whaddup FUS!!!

@  RedG : (09 September 2021 - 02:40 PM)

yo yo

@  Shadow : (08 September 2021 - 10:16 PM)

Greetings, visitor

@  DMoney : (08 September 2021 - 02:08 PM)

hey whattup everybody!

@  furrykef : (03 September 2021 - 07:07 AM)

*pokes the shoutbox*

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 05:12 PM)

Sonic Prime seems like an interesting opportunity with that purported multiverse angle.

@  Shadow : (12 May 2021 - 05:04 PM)

Barely. Holding out for the big update.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 05:00 PM)

It's good to see the place still kicking.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 04:59 PM)

How have you been?

I've been floating around here and there.

I think it's been about a decade at this point, right?

@  furrykef : (12 May 2021 - 04:44 PM)

I haven't seen you in ages, man! Where ya been?

@  Shadow : (12 May 2021 - 04:44 PM)

Hey, if it isn't Lord Exor. Long time no see.

@  Lord Exor : (12 May 2021 - 04:32 PM)

Hi.

@  furrykef : (08 May 2021 - 01:50 AM)

The Sea3on Discord: https://discord.gg/qQrqAvG

@  FreezyTailrazor : (07 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

What's this about a discord?

@  FreezyTailrazor : (07 May 2021 - 08:57 AM)

Long time no see.

@  Ishapar : (29 April 2021 - 10:20 AM)

I will check things out once in awhile, but right now I am mostly trying to work on getting back on my own two feet after struggling for a near decade.

@  Shadow : (20 April 2021 - 11:59 PM)

I lurk but am mainly on the discord server

@  Altair the D... : (20 April 2021 - 08:44 AM)

I think that describes most of us, eh? ;)

Photo

Freedom Fighter Frequency: cast and crew call

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Julayla Tovah Grimaude

Julayla Tovah Grimaude

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:35 AM

Yeah, I am pretty sure this is 6 feet under. Kind of a shame, was hoping to write music for this thing.

76561197990969478.png

#42 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 578 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, I am pretty sure this is 6 feet under. Kind of a shame, was hoping to write music for this thing.

Did you ever message the op about it?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#43 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,295 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

John was the one behind this.  And he is pretty much long gone.   I still chat with him now and then.  But as far as this goes...Pretty sure he has no interest in starting it back up.   If anyone else wishes to feel free.

#44 LightingSpeeDevil

LightingSpeeDevil

Fellow FUSer

• F3 Staff
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:40 AM

*Eight years later*

I'm surprised I can still log into this old account.

I'm even more surprised to see people post in this thread in 2019 haha.

So yeah, I was cast as Sonic in this project in 2008 when I was like...16?! (Good grief...)
It fell apart during production of the first episode for the usual reasons of people disappearing or dropping out. The first episode was pretty much finished aside from the music and some sound effects.

I messaged John around 2012 asking if he could send me the pieces, because I fully intended to finish it myself to get a taste of what could have been. I never heard back from him, but my offer is still open if he even still have the files anymore.

Since then I graduated college, got cancer, have just about beaten it, and started working doing voice acting and production for radio and TV, so happy endings I suppose.

If someone decided to start FFF back up again I would be happy to assist, but I know that is basically moot now that you have the resources to just make Sea3on an animated show apparently, which is quite exciting.

If anyone needs any help with voice acting and production, Sonic-related or otherwise, feel free to hit me up.

#45 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 578 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:20 AM

*Eight years later*

I'm surprised I can still log into this old account.

I'm even more surprised to see people post in this thread in 2019 haha.

So yeah, I was cast as Sonic in this project in 2008 when I was like...16?! (Good grief...)
It fell apart during production of the first episode for the usual reasons of people disappearing or dropping out. The first episode was pretty much finished aside from the music and some sound effects.

I messaged John around 2012 asking if he could send me the pieces, because I fully intended to finish it myself to get a taste of what could have been. I never heard back from him, but my offer is still open if he even still have the files anymore.

Since then I graduated college, got cancer, have just about beaten it, and started working doing voice acting and production for radio and TV, so happy endings I suppose.

If someone decided to start FFF back up again I would be happy to assist, but I know that is basically moot now that you have the resources to just make Sea3on an animated show apparently, which is quite exciting.

If anyone needs any help with voice acting and production, Sonic-related or otherwise, feel free to hit me up.

What cancer did you struggle with?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#46 Julayla Tovah Grimaude

Julayla Tovah Grimaude

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 05:18 AM

So, is this still a thing, or what? I heard John Roberts kicking around and posting recently, so...

76561197990969478.png

#47 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,047 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 09:33 PM

Hiho!

F3 (is that what we were calling it?) Is most definitely dead. And I killed it. Looking back I think F3 just came out at the wrong time. Me and Paul had just taken over FUS and all the challenges and expectations that came with it. Alongside that, we were heavily pushing the Sea3on revival and all the challenges and expectations that came with *that*. (Considering how far Sea3on and FUS in general has come along presently I would say our attentions in laying that foundation was the right choice for us all).

Also the majority or our staff just up and vanished leaving a lot of work unfinished and unpolished.

Basically it was just me and Paul left to keep the lights on. So, armed with a dodgy laptop and a barely working knowledge of Audacity software, I tired to piece it all together on my own (Paul helped by rubbing my dick - ermm - shoulders a lot, and putting all of his attention to Sea3on). F3 was always suppose to be a collaboration to keep it going. I lost that. And that falls on me for failing to keep everyone together and on the same page.

AAAAAND that's about the time life got in the way.

Army deployments to the middle east essentially killing my internet life (and nearly both my fucking legs), and my return to country life in general going under such dramatic changes keeping my attentions elsewhere... everything associated with online stuff just followed along to nothing.

Even now trying to juggle raising two young girls with an over-demanding job I will not make any online commitments other than the occasional 'hey, ya bastards!' messages.

Having said that, the first episode was pretty much there. Voice acting was done, sound effects were more or less locked in, and script finalised. Music had not progressed at all. In the end I was just going to use a mixture of cues from the cartoon and the unused soundtrack, basically stitching this bastard together like a blanket full of smallpox.

Hmm...

That clearly didn't happen.

I still have the laptop all this was stored on so hopefully it can be retrieved and just uploaded here for all to hear and wonder 'what if'.

The voice actors absolutely nailed it. So proud of that side of things.

Edit: I did put together a trailer for it which came out really well. I'm sure I shared it on the forums somewhere..

Double edit: there are heaps of F3 threads in here. I think I even explained this project dying a few years ago in one of 'em. The trailer is somewhere in there.

9:06

#48 Julayla Tovah Grimaude

Julayla Tovah Grimaude

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 06:22 PM

Hiho!

F3 (is that what we were calling it?) Is most definitely dead. And I killed it. Looking back I think F3 just came out at the wrong time. Me and Paul had just taken over FUS and all the challenges and expectations that came with it. Alongside that, we were heavily pushing the Sea3on revival and all the challenges and expectations that came with *that*. (Considering how far Sea3on and FUS in general has come along presently I would say our attentions in laying that foundation was the right choice for us all).

Also the majority or our staff just up and vanished leaving a lot of work unfinished and unpolished.

Basically it was just me and Paul left to keep the lights on. So, armed with a dodgy laptop and a barely working knowledge of Audacity software, I tired to piece it all together on my own (Paul helped by rubbing my dick - ermm - shoulders a lot, and putting all of his attention to Sea3on). F3 was always suppose to be a collaboration to keep it going. I lost that. And that falls on me for failing to keep everyone together and on the same page.

AAAAAND that's about the time life got in the way.

Army deployments to the middle east essentially killing my internet life (and nearly both my fucking legs), and my return to country life in general going under such dramatic changes keeping my attentions elsewhere... everything associated with online stuff just followed along to nothing.

Even now trying to juggle raising two young girls with an over-demanding job I will not make any online commitments other than the occasional 'hey, ya bastards!' messages.

Having said that, the first episode was pretty much there. Voice acting was done, sound effects were more or less locked in, and script finalised. Music had not progressed at all. In the end I was just going to use a mixture of cues from the cartoon and the unused soundtrack, basically stitching this bastard together like a blanket full of smallpox.

Hmm...

That clearly didn't happen.

I still have the laptop all this was stored on so hopefully it can be retrieved and just uploaded here for all to hear and wonder 'what if'.

The voice actors absolutely nailed it. So proud of that side of things.

Edit: I did put together a trailer for it which came out really well. I'm sure I shared it on the forums somewhere..

Double edit: there are heaps of F3 threads in here. I think I even explained this project dying a few years ago in one of 'em. The trailer is somewhere in there.

As I remembered, Val had 2 tracks done and was on standby for more prompts. I guess she'd been long gone by the time you explained this.

76561197990969478.png

#49 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,047 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 07:40 PM

Possibly? I really don't remember mate. I haven't seen or heard from Val for a good long time now.

9:06

#50 Julayla Tovah Grimaude

Julayla Tovah Grimaude

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 10:31 AM

Possibly? I really don't remember mate. I haven't seen or heard from Val for a good long time now.

I can pass on any messages you have for her. After all, we share the same body.

76561197990969478.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users