Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Sonic Writers Topic

Ken Penders Archie Lawsuit

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Since theirs alot of these threads popping up, I thought to save space to just have one topic for everyone to discuss the love and hate for the writers of this comic from Flynn,Penders, yadda yadda.
Enjoy.

#2 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

Speaking of Penders.. Besides those on his own site has anyone jumped in to support him? Basically every community out there is against him. At least from what I've seen.

Also because I really know nothing about the comics, how long has he been away from writing for Archie for?

#3 PuffinGrandeur

PuffinGrandeur

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

Five or six years now. There's been one or two Penders supporters that I've seen, but that was only due to a misunderstanding of the case. When the full details came out, they switched their viewpoint.

#4 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

#5 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Speaking of Penders.. Besides those on his own site has anyone jumped in to support him? Basically every community out there is against him. At least from what I've seen.

Also because I really know nothing about the comics, how long has he been away from writing for Archie for?

6 years as writer and 5 years as inker to my estimation.

#6 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

Posted Image

To be fair, all ideas come from inspirations.
Let the debunking begin.

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

To be fair, all ideas come from inspirations.
Let the debunking begin.

Agreed, but to claim all the credit to yourself is wrong. Penders always wants all the credit for the good, but none of the blame for the bad.

#8 bwrosas

bwrosas

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 410 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

http://segabits.com/...sode-6-ask-ian/

Listen to what he has to say about many things concerning the comic's and how SU #50 TIES IN WITH Sonic #250 next year, and much more

Share thoughts please

#9 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Thats was probably before it all went to hell right?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#10 blue

blue

Veteran poster

• Fellow FUSer
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Thats was probably before it all went to hell right?

Yep.

#11 House42

House42

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Heck, I've always supported Ken, through thick and thin. My loyalty did waver once I heard about the lawsuit and I began to doubt, but once I heard the truth, my support for the great guy was reignited.

#12 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

My loyalty did waver once I heard about the lawsuit and I began to doubt, but once I heard the truth, my support for the great guy was reignited.

Are you a troll or just clueless?

#13 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I have a question. Ian Flynn: King or Pawn? Or somewhere in between?

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

https://www.change.o...-hedgehog-comic

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#14 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

It's clear that he has quite a lot of control over what happens (that is, after all, part of his job), and it's also clear that he sometimes has his hands tied by corporate concerns (that's part of the job too). So I don't see how he could really be either.

#15 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

It's clear that he has quite a lot of control over what happens (that is, after all, part of his job), and it's also clear that he sometimes has his hands tied by corporate concerns (that's part of the job too). So I don't see how he could really be either.

Yeah, I was kinda getting that impression too. I'm thinking he's more like a rook, a knight, or a bishop.

Anyway, let's see who is responsible for what. I know Ian is not responsible for the (hopefully temporary) removal of the Penders characters (his hand was forced). But how responsible is he for the redesigns of nearly ALL Mobians?

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#16 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

I think the physical appearance of a character is more in the artists' and editors' domain. A writer might contribute design ideas if they tie into the story somehow, but otherwise they're probably not really the writer's business.

#17 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

You know, I think I know a way out of this situation. I've been told that ACP CAN use the Penders characters and they probably still want to, but the reason why they won't is because they are afraid of SEGA. And the reason why that is is due to SEGA not wanting to be dragged into court again and they would probably make ACP pay for all of it.

I understand why they did what they did now, even though I'm still sickened by it. But in some of my research I've discovered the reasons why they removed those characters "until further notice" is because they want to avoid further legal trouble.

But you know what I think would speed things up and restore everything? Make Penders a non-issue. Think it can't be done? Think about it, he's pissed off everyone he once worked for, he lost nearly all respect the fans once had for him, and after all of this who would want to hire him? And sooner or later he will be so broke he won't be able to afford any further lawsuits, and nearly anything else. At that point he will have no choice but to surrender no matter what the terms, or starve to death. Eventually it will happen. It would be just like that moment in that Berlin bunker as the Russian shells fall all around the city...

Basically this.

http://www.deviantar...utter-170555626

Also I feel that maybe this is the same strategy of ACP.

#18 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,549 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

I still think SEGA is waiting for him to actually make his comic so they can counter sue him for everything.  

#19 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I still think SEGA is waiting for him to actually make his comic so they can counter sue him for everything.  

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Well basically I've been told by the DA user D-T that ACP CAN use these characters, they WANT to use these characters. They're just afraid that if they use them right now it would give Penders greater leverage in future court cases against SEGA. So basically they're trying to play chicken with him. Also that's why the agreement he signed is a NDA, they are hiding things from SEGA because they are afraid of losing the license.

After SEGA CRUSHES him in this upcoming lawsuits, and probably over "his" comic, Penders will have NO CHOICE to return to the negotiating table. And he then will sell "his" characters back to ACP/SEGA. ONLY AFTER THAT will our chances of seeing "his" characters returning will be good.

I know it seems hopeless now, but when things play out this way, oh and it will, the leveraging will be in OUR favor again.

#20 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Penders thinks he's won, but he has no idea how much he's lost. And we can use that.

http://louis-the-hed...ategy-430772135

Eventually he will go broke, FORCING him to provide a better deal.

And you know what that means when that happens.

But before you say "But I like the new universe", hold on. I'm not trying to pry you away from these other elements you've grown attached to because then I would be no better than Penders. Those can still be used as well, but this time in addition we will have regained what we have lost.

Remember, the struggle continues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users