Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (24 May 2019 - 07:18 AM)

Sonic film delayed by 3 months

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 09:43 PM)

Is their enough artists to keep the comic going?

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 08:02 PM)

As for that cell...wow 2 thousand

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:27 PM)

As for discord...Yeah I'm looking into doing one. I mean I already use one for the comic staff and others. So looking into creating a FUS one

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:26 PM)

So my goal there is to be fully transparent

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:25 PM)

Its a big task...Yeah. And honestly...Well I sure as hell hope we pull it off. Just 1 episode would be great.

Our plan is to make all the money raised totally transparent. As the patreons will see how much we have and wen we have to spend it on something like painted backgrounds etc we will tell them who it is going to and how much etc. I hate raising money..the rest of the team just sorta said we kinda have to for some of the artists we need.

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Also chatted with people in sega...on the corporate front which gets you no where cause of Sega of America and legal with Sega of Japan...but on a more personal talk with employees etc

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:22 PM)

The comic is actually starting to move along good. The issue with the comic was staffing. Only 2 artists.

The animated bit....Okay I was totally unsure years back when I was first approached to try it...And I was right to be that. This time I was half approached half just chatting with people again and started to figure out what went wrong..Why we lost our sega contacts (they restructured...) and so on.

also this time we...well refused to go public till now. Its been a work in progress since October/November. Weve got proper scripts, storyboard artist working on all that. we contacted people to help out....a lot...and some said they would (and are). Even chatted with DHX (the studio that owns s1 and s2 plus all writes)

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 05:41 PM)

count me in

@  Ishapar : (23 May 2019 - 05:38 PM)

Crazy...I didn't think you guys would do it. It was hard enough to keep the Sea3on comic alive: you guys sure you're up for this?

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 05:19 PM)

wow an animated series at last? this is awesome. i hope we get similar animation to the original series. Getting the voices right will be hard.

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 01:41 PM)

Right here, bud https://www.patreon.com/sea3on/posts

@  Ishapar : (23 May 2019 - 12:27 PM)

I know I haven't been around for awhile, but what did I miss? You guys started a patreon for Season 3?

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:42 AM)

Don't worry, I gotcha fam 8-)

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:42 AM)

Or is what happened the reason why it's usually dead around here? Zoom view past the incoming thunderstorm to make out microscopic details on the surface of the moon, when there's plenty of opportunity to notice both?

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:39 AM)

@Kef, I'm reading context clues. That's how I know you're not interested. I can feel the low key disrespect from orbit

https://youtu.be/5EVCTpWTwEU?t=225

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 02:17 AM)

@ furrykef Good pointing that out on the cel, i see what you mean after looking at the intro. Its very possible this was an early concept cel and was scrapped. Possible also that they had decided to give her more prominent robotic legs early in the characters design perhaps?

@  randomizer : (23 May 2019 - 02:17 AM)

Satam is full of animation errors. This is one of my favourites: https://i.imgur.com/aYo73nh.jpg

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 02:04 AM)

Their was a lot of color problems if you ever pause the frames of episodes.

@  furrykef : (22 May 2019 - 10:02 PM)

Okay, I just had a real close look at the intro. Bunnie holds that pose for two frames. In the first, Sonic's in front of one thigh and the other thigh is colored correctly (gray). In the second frame, Sonic covers both thighs. But I looked real close and I noticed in the first frame you do get a glimpse of Bunnie's hidden thigh... and it's brown. So I think the gray thigh was a separate cel that was overlaid to correct the colors, or it was corrected in postproduction.

Photo

New Forum Software Is Up! (Finally)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:59 PM

Alright so after a week we are finally up and running. I know our original down time was estimated at 12 hours but.. a lot happened. We had some issues with the first attempt at the upgrade, then we found out our server didn't have enough memory for the new software and.. yeah. So this past week we have spent a lot of time setting up our new server, contacting our hosts at hostgator to help us out where needed, as well as checking in with IPB so we could get this upgrade finally up.

First off I would like to thank Bakuda for all his hard work this past week. Everything you see here is from his hard work. He worked hard each day, doing stuff, reading up on stuff, and testing things out to get everything done properly. I couldn't have asked for a better webmaster. He even would text me while I was working giving me updates. Great guy and I enjoy working with him.

Secondly I would like to thank hostgator. If you need a website these guys are great hosts. Their technical support is fantastic in their live chat, and helped us out a lot. Their help is what made our move from shared hosting to our dedicated server so much easier. We still had some issues, mostly with missing the domain password etc.. But they even helped us out with a quick fix for that. Great guys to work with.

Now onto all this new fancy stuff. Its going to have some bugs we haven't yet caught. New stuff always does. So if you see some bugs please let us know by posting here in this dedicated topic to bugs, or if you aren't a member of the forums (which you should be) you can email me at Paul@SonicSatAM.com.

Anyways hope you all enjoy the new forums. Take a bit and look around. We will have facebook and twitter integration soon (if not now..Just gotta set it up), as well as a arcade we plan on installing sometime tomorrow. We even have a Sonic game ready to go in it.

Enjoy,

Paul

#2 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

The board looks awesome! Thanks to Bakuda and hostgator. :nods: I still say Bakuda deserves a cookie! Do I get something for finding that Sonic game? :awesome: Nothing dairy please. And no NAVI!!! :aaarrrgh:

Anyway, the board's got really cool new features. Definitely don't miss the old one at all. I'm especially digging the orange theme. :biggrin:

#3 Speedy_25

Speedy_25

SatAM Vet. (knew the show since it first came out)

• Fellow FUSer
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:54 PM

Definately liking the new look!! :biggrin:

#4 LegacyElite84

LegacyElite84

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

Hey Paul, you think you could somehow get Sonic Epoch on the Arcade. My computer is to new too run Epoch and it sucks. :mad:

#5 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:54 AM

Welcome back, everybody. :D Glad to finally see tihs place up and running again, good job to chief 'n' Bakuda for taking care of things so quickly. The new aesthetic is going to take some getting used to for me, but I doubt it'll be a difficult transition. Here's to the new FUS. :D
"These hands of ours are BURNING RED! Their loud cry tells us..."
"To grasp happiness!"
"ERUPTING GOD FINGER!!! SEKI..."
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"
-Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura, G-Gundam

#6 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, everything's looking pretty sweet.

Posted Image

#7 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

Finally! I couldn't figure out how to make the chat work...

#8 FreakyFilmFan4ever

FreakyFilmFan4ever

The Resident Freaky Filmmaker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

Awesome update is awesome! Would have checked it out sooner, but I was setting up a new-ish computer yesterday.
I believe in what I want to believe in, you believe in what you want to believe in, so when someone wants to believe in something, no one will know what to believe!
Believe it or not...

StefanFilms
My Graphic Art Page

#9 Nique

Nique

It's great to be different.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

Oh wow this Irsist one is nice.

Let me know how IPB 3.0 treats you since I might upgrade one day :P

I just wanted to tell you that the hardest thing I've faced
Wasn't the teasing or the pain
It was convincing myself I wasn't stupid, strange, or lame
And helping others do the same.

Forest Rain

#10 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

I personally like it, Nique. :thumbsup:

#11 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

I'll make you a deal... I'll stop going Navi on you if you stop using that thumbs up smile

#12 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

I didn't even remember I used it again. :o

#13 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:36 PM

You are using it without even thinking that you are using it? Wow. :P

#14 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

Man, I'm lucky if I even remember what happened earlier in the day anymore, so yes. :P I forgot I even posted in THIS thread today.

#15 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

Nooo! My Navi IRC script will go to waste :(

#16 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:08 PM

Well she hasn't agreed to that yet.. So it may still be used.

#17 acstrife

acstrife

THE LAW!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 734 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:38 AM

Cant wait for the arcade portion, games I can play at work. And uh...be productive...yessss
Glory lasts forever

#18 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:39 AM

Skee Ball and Pacman are entertaining. :)

Good lord, I could not spell "Skee" for the life of me last night. :wacko: I was so tired!

#19 Bakuda

Bakuda

The Music Man

• Tech Guy
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

Skee Ball and Pacman are entertaining. :)

Good lord, I could not spell "Skee" for the life of me last night. :wacko: I was so tired!

Haha....she was saying sqee ball....and I was like....what????Posted Image
Click "Show" button in case of fire -->
Spoiler

#20 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

I think I at one point said Sque Ball. xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users