Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (24 May 2019 - 07:18 AM)

Sonic film delayed by 3 months

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 09:43 PM)

Is their enough artists to keep the comic going?

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 08:02 PM)

As for that cell...wow 2 thousand

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:27 PM)

As for discord...Yeah I'm looking into doing one. I mean I already use one for the comic staff and others. So looking into creating a FUS one

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:26 PM)

So my goal there is to be fully transparent

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:25 PM)

Its a big task...Yeah. And honestly...Well I sure as hell hope we pull it off. Just 1 episode would be great.

Our plan is to make all the money raised totally transparent. As the patreons will see how much we have and wen we have to spend it on something like painted backgrounds etc we will tell them who it is going to and how much etc. I hate raising money..the rest of the team just sorta said we kinda have to for some of the artists we need.

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Also chatted with people in sega...on the corporate front which gets you no where cause of Sega of America and legal with Sega of Japan...but on a more personal talk with employees etc

@  chief : (23 May 2019 - 07:22 PM)

The comic is actually starting to move along good. The issue with the comic was staffing. Only 2 artists.

The animated bit....Okay I was totally unsure years back when I was first approached to try it...And I was right to be that. This time I was half approached half just chatting with people again and started to figure out what went wrong..Why we lost our sega contacts (they restructured...) and so on.

also this time we...well refused to go public till now. Its been a work in progress since October/November. Weve got proper scripts, storyboard artist working on all that. we contacted people to help out....a lot...and some said they would (and are). Even chatted with DHX (the studio that owns s1 and s2 plus all writes)

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 05:41 PM)

count me in

@  Ishapar : (23 May 2019 - 05:38 PM)

Crazy...I didn't think you guys would do it. It was hard enough to keep the Sea3on comic alive: you guys sure you're up for this?

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 05:19 PM)

wow an animated series at last? this is awesome. i hope we get similar animation to the original series. Getting the voices right will be hard.

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 01:41 PM)

Right here, bud https://www.patreon.com/sea3on/posts

@  Ishapar : (23 May 2019 - 12:27 PM)

I know I haven't been around for awhile, but what did I miss? You guys started a patreon for Season 3?

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:42 AM)

Don't worry, I gotcha fam 8-)

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:42 AM)

Or is what happened the reason why it's usually dead around here? Zoom view past the incoming thunderstorm to make out microscopic details on the surface of the moon, when there's plenty of opportunity to notice both?

@  ShenFNWoo : (23 May 2019 - 06:39 AM)

@Kef, I'm reading context clues. That's how I know you're not interested. I can feel the low key disrespect from orbit

https://youtu.be/5EVCTpWTwEU?t=225

@  nzoomed : (23 May 2019 - 02:17 AM)

@ furrykef Good pointing that out on the cel, i see what you mean after looking at the intro. Its very possible this was an early concept cel and was scrapped. Possible also that they had decided to give her more prominent robotic legs early in the characters design perhaps?

@  randomizer : (23 May 2019 - 02:17 AM)

Satam is full of animation errors. This is one of my favourites: https://i.imgur.com/aYo73nh.jpg

@  Shadow : (23 May 2019 - 02:04 AM)

Their was a lot of color problems if you ever pause the frames of episodes.

@  furrykef : (22 May 2019 - 10:02 PM)

Okay, I just had a real close look at the intro. Bunnie holds that pose for two frames. In the first, Sonic's in front of one thigh and the other thigh is colored correctly (gray). In the second frame, Sonic covers both thighs. But I looked real close and I noticed in the first frame you do get a glimpse of Bunnie's hidden thigh... and it's brown. So I think the gray thigh was a separate cel that was overlaid to correct the colors, or it was corrected in postproduction.

Photo

Guest Comic Week!

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

666 popeky2.gif

#42 Glitcher

Glitcher

Indubitably, my dear Luke

• Fellow FUSer
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

Oh, what a pity. I wanted to contribute, but it seems like you have more than enough already.

#43 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

Eh, always good to have more.

#44 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:52 PM

What's the maximum height and width you can do for a page?
Posted Image

#45 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

Just a rectangular comic page. It will auto correct to the proper size. But everything is around the 666x912 area.

#46 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

After giving it much thought, I've decided to go ahead and toss my hat into the ring. I already have a basic storyboard worked up, and figure that if I work on it for a couple more days, it should be ready before the deadline. I just need to put it a more proper comic format and generally not just throw it together in under an hour, like I did the storyboard. And probly also not draw it on grid paper... I have a scanner and have figured out how to use MS Paint well enough to resize and clean up scanned images.

It would be nice to have some assurance that I won't be held accountable for melting faces, exploding heads, blindness, or people removing their eyes, though... unsure.gif

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#47 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,517 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

There I sent you one. It took me like 2 hours, because my computer had trouble scanning it.

#48 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

After much fighting with my email programs to try and get them to use my newer email address, I got fed up and sent it via the old one. Hopefully, it'll find its way there.

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#49 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

PM'd chief a two-pager I wrote 'n' drew for this fun week. 8D
"These hands of ours are BURNING RED! Their loud cry tells us..."
"To grasp happiness!"
"ERUPTING GOD FINGER!!! SEKI..."
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"
-Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura, G-Gundam

#50 LordHikaru

LordHikaru

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:39 AM

*SIGH* it's no fun to be a bit slow....

Anywho, my questions for the moment oh wise and powerful admin of ours is 1, do you have more comic submissions than you need and 2 seeing as how my submission is now late may I turn it in Sunday morning?. My sincere apologies, I don't mean to beg or annoy I was just having a good time whipping up a good two page short story. I finished about 90 percent of my pencil work and I wanted to give it a finishing run. Now I understand that at the end of the day a deadlines a deadline, I just thought it couldn't hurt to ask after all if you don't ask you don't know. Either way If all else fails Ill toss my submission in the fan art section. Thanks for you're time and most of all thanks for the opportunity.

#51 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

My own is gonna be late as well, and I'm pondering saving it for another occasion. :/

#52 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,001 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:01 AM

I can't see there being a problem with late entries, as long as they are in by this week. Late comics will just have to be pushed back in que towards the end of the week.

9:06

#53 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

I'm fairly sure mine's not gonna make it. I'll just post it on the forum when (indeed, if) it's done instead. tongue.gif

#54 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,214 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

Sunday is too late as the last day was going to be Friday, then Saturday was the third chapter release. So In less I get it by Thursday it won't go up for this Guest Comic week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users