Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

Photo

Review The Last Game You Played

• Please log in to reply
1157 replies to this topic

#1141 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

Soda Dungeon (Android) (also for iOS)

Official description:

"Stock the tavern with rare sodas, entice adventurers to join your cause, and plunder a massive dungeon for loot in this turn-based dungeon crawler."

^That description does not do this game justice. I have beaten the first set of dungeons and I'm still enjoying the crap out of this game. The sprites look cool, the rare loot is actually useful, and the premise behind it all is a bit unusual. You can even activate auto-attack and let the AI (which is actually decent) do the fighting for you. If you like fantasy RPGs, you might want to check this out.

Official trailer:

If I'm still playing this game a month from now, then it deserves a 10/10. So far, I haven't found anything I dislike--except getting hit with certain nasty status effects ;)

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#1142 Jman1236

Jman1236

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

Overwatch 9/10

I was on team battleborn for the longest time, but then I played the open beta, and then I defected. I love how you can get in a quick session even if you only have 5-10 mintues before you have to run out the door of work/school/etc. As much as I love smite, finding 40 mintues to an hour for a match is alot to ask for but this is where overwatch shines.

#1143 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

I finally have a pc that can Generations, but I still haven't downloaded it yet.  It's on my things to do list...

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#1144 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

Minecraft...Been in a building mood recently.   Its nice cause I can waste hours on it and not really realize it. 

#1145 Arekkisu

Arekkisu

The Pymann

• Game Staff
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 02:11 AM

Skullgirls - 9/10

This game is pretty fun, I picked up for a total of about $15 due to the Steam sale, and that price includes buying the game, the Second Encore DLC pack (which includes all 5 non free DLC characters, alternate voice packs for 4 [I believe] characters. And adds voices to all the story cutscenes for every single character.) and a second copy of the game for VHS. (Second Encore DLC was about $10, the pack of two copies of the game was $4.50)

I personally enjoyed the game despite on the first day of the Steam sale I only looked at it because VHS was talking about how it was the one game he wanted. I had known about the game, and at some points it had peaked my interest but I had lost interest at the time. Seeing it was so cheap to get so much for the game, I took the chance and I came out on top.

I'll be fair, even with the DLC characters, my first impression was "I hope Beowulf and Parasoul play well and have good stories" because those are the only two who design wise intrigued me. I have since come to an appreciation for a lot of the other characters. Currently I favorite Beowulf and Squigly.

The game runs smoothly, even online while simultaneously running Skype, the only time the game lagged while online was when I was uploading an Aw Crack and downloading a different game on my internet. It worked fine when only the game was downloading and while the video was uploading. (Bear in mind I have slow internet, least compared to most internet video makers, it takes on average 3 hours to upload one 15 minute video)

Personally my favorite story is Beowulf. Squigly's was also really good. The default characters are robbed of decent stories. I haven't played through every characters story, but the default characters can only interact with the characters who were in the game originally. Since there was only originally 8 characters its slim pickings.

Example: (based on Parasoul's story, not really spoilery unless you consider fight counts spoilers)

Spoiler

Then say Beowulf (the most recent canon DLC character)

Spoiler

Obviously previous DLC characters don't have as many characters to interact with (say Squigly is the first DLC character and only has the original 8 to deal with, but she has many cutscenes and everyone is there for a purpose.)

The other nitpick I have is it's still a small cast. It seems there actually have a list of characters who they want to add as fighters who are fleshed out and everything it's just funding to develop them and fan input and what not. But because it's a group fighter, you can be using anywhere from 1 single fighter to 3 separate fighters, and while you can mix it up for the entertainment, you do start to see repeating characters a lot within the first 30 minutes. Especially if you're me (being fair I choose Beowulf or Squigly just about everytime so I can guarantee I won't get rekt at least) but there's 2 characters I won't pick because of their design, and 1 character I won't pick because her moveset doesn't compliment how I want to play the game. (Or if your VHS you're Fortune, RoboFortune, or Squigly, then you choose someone else and immediately regret it and go pack to your mains)

If you want a good 2D fighter this one would be one to look into. It's art is a little on the fanservicey (let's be honest, it's a animated fighting game with 12/14 characters being girls. [Being fair, 1 is a robot, 1 is mutilated, and 1 is a shapeshifting eyesore, but they're technically "girls"] It qualifies to be way fanservicey but I felt it didn't go way over the top with it) side, and the "monster" nature of most of the characters may not be interesting to some of you.

J6GqqRM.jpg

#1146 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

Warcraft III. Been playing a lot of custom campaigns. Some are amazing, if not brutally hard.

Kinda wish there was a Warcraft 4. WoW just doesn't satisfy that rts need.

But WoW is kinda fun too.

#1147 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:50 AM

I need to pick Warcraft III back up myself.

#1148 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

Just downloaded Age of Empires 3...and I immediatly sent a plague to kill all my colonists.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#1149 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:36 AM

What a waste of good plague.

#1150 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,251 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

Just downloaded Age of Empires 3...and I immediatly sent a plague to kill all my colonists.

Age of empires was a great game.

War craft 3 was also awesome.

#1151 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:47 AM

Finally downloaded Sonic Generations and Sonic Lost World from Steam...I am not sure what to think of Lost World.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#1152 MoKat

MoKat

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

Everything Wrong With Sonic Lost World in 10 Minutes

#1153 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

Well, the controls seem weird, but that could just be the pc port.  My biggest complaint is Sonic's lack of speed and inertia.  Each time you make a simple turn while running, his speed decreases and becomes harder to control.  I'm glad Lost World is focusing more on platforming, but even the Genesis platformers were pretty easy to build up speed and keep up it's inertia and do various stunts.  Lost World seems to be all about show instead of control...and that's bad considering many of the speed boost Sonic games have that same issue but at least Sonic was a tad easier to control at high speeds.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#1154 MoKat

MoKat

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

Soda Dungeon (Android) (also for iOS)

Official description:

"Stock the tavern with rare sodas, entice adventurers to join your cause, and plunder a massive dungeon for loot in this turn-based dungeon crawler."

^That description does not do this game justice. I have beaten the first set of dungeons and I'm still enjoying the crap out of this game. The sprites look cool, the rare loot is actually useful, and the premise behind it all is a bit unusual. You can even activate auto-attack and let the AI (which is actually decent) do the fighting for you. If you like fantasy RPGs, you might want to check this out.

If I'm still playing this game a month from now, then it deserves a 10/10. So far, I haven't found anything I dislike--except getting hit with certain nasty status effects ;)

Still playing Soda Dungeon, just not as frequently.

I have been playing Dragon Soul the most lately (good for taking a break from stuff for class).

#1155 Jman1236

Jman1236

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 577 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

Battlefield 1- 8.5/10

DICE...THANK YOU...thank you for a modern shooter not set in the modern day middle east or the bonkers futures of the COD series. Believe the hype battlefield is back!

#1156 Arekkisu

Arekkisu

The Pymann

• Game Staff
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:05 AM

Total War Warhammer: 9/10

I have sunk about 60 hours into this game in the last week (maybe two). I have beaten a multiplayer campaign, but I only recently started a Single Player one, but multiplayer is where it's at for me.

This game is set in the Old World of Warhammer, before the Age of Sigmar update that came out right before the game's release. You can play 4 different species who alter their gameplay significantly. The Empire (humans) probably plays closest to other Total War games, but I haven't really played much of those, but Empire is your average styled units. The Dwarfs, are all armored and very defensive in nature, they also have a "Grudge book" where if any other army defeats you in battle or attacks your towns you have to defeat them in return or your area's morale will go down over time. Their units are really powerful defense wise in the early game and they upgrade fast so this is virtually the easy mode. The Greenskins (Orcs), are very action orientated and don't feature Trade options the other factions do. They also make the most money by invading and raiding other areas. They also have a "fightiness" meter for each army and if it goes down they'll start fighting amongst themselves and cause casualties. They have difficulties because you got to do a lot of work to keep your army up. The Vampire Counts are definitely the hardest in the early game (the game still marks them normal like the Empire and Greenskins though) but they can only spread in Vampiric Corruption easily and it takes a while to upgrade your army and bases to spread that around. This one you'll mostly spend sitting in your small area and building up a massive fortress that no one can take and then slowly progressing across the map. These guys can quickly gain numerous units by Raising the Dead after a battle, but most of their earlier units available are weak (armies max at 20 units and a early game 20 unit VC still can only take on a 8ish unit Empire or a 5ish unit Dwarf, Greenskins aren't close enough to matter early game)

There is some free DLC that allows you to get extra Lords to start your campaign as, and one of these will unlock The Bloody Hands faction that allows you to play a different group of orcs. I haven't really tried them out yet though.

Every time they launch DLC those new races, Wood Elves, Beastmen, will be added to the map to conquer, you just can't select them unless you purchased the DLC. I honestly haven't tried playing either of these races.

Chaos was the first DLC but they were defaultly in the game, just not playable at first.

There's also cheaper DLC that will add other factions of species you've already had. You can get Crooked Moon (another tribe of Orcs/Goblins), Clan Angrud (more Dwarfs) and a few others. These other groups just start you at a different area on the map and have been there from the beginning. They also have some difficulty adjustments and unit restrictions to make them different. (Crooked Moon needs to take a settlement on the far side of the map from them before they can make Orcs instead of just Goblins)

The single player is able to be won in a Short or Long, Long you take everything, Short you do just the minimum requirements to win. Short ones will still probably take 10-15 hours.

Multiplayer you have a set goal, and it's really fun because you can team up with any other faction. (unfortunately if you don't have the DLC to allow for playing a second group of the same species, you can't play as the same species, which puts your relations at a minus with everyone of your species (there are many unplayable factions on the map) because you instantly have an unbreakable alliance with someone they defaultly don't like.) I personally play it with Red and this is how I got into the game. We won with Dwarfs and Empire, and now we're trying Greenskins and Vampire Counts together.

It's best to do one as Orcs and Dwarfs and the other as Empire and Vampire Counts as they share settlement types. Each faction can only take a settlement of their type. Vampire Counts and Empire use the same type, and Orcs and Dwarfs use the same type, so if both players are using the opposing type you're not stealing their settlements and you can actually take all the settlements instead of having to destroy them and hope nobody comes back to recolonize it.

J6GqqRM.jpg

#1157 Jman1236

Jman1236

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:52 AM

Super robot wars V English edition - 7.5/10

Playstation 4/Vita Ps4 version reviewed

Yep you read right, a super robot wars/taisen game in english and non of that original generation, we've got official licensed units from various anime, manga, and other video games. Celebrating the series' 25th anniversary, Super robot wars V(V is in voyage), features units for both long time fans of the srw series such as Gundam char's counterattack, Gundam Z, Gundam ZZ, Gundam Seed, Gundam 00, Getter Robo Armageddon, Rebulid of Evangelion 1.0-3.0 while including some new series to entise new comers like Brave express Might gaine and completely out of left field Space Battlecurser Yamato 2199. 

For those that are new to super robot wars, the series takes the plot, characters, and settings from various super robot francises, throws them in a bender and my god is it beautiful, so it's basically buyable mass crossover fanfiction in the form of a strategy rpg. 

Personally I think the bar for insanity was raised at little too high in the last few games with Z3.1 having the cast going up against the anti-spiral from Gurren Lagann with galaxy sized units, and anything after that feels like a step backwards. The difficulty is also on the easy side so if you looking for something like Fire emblem look elsewhere. The game also loses points for using the same graphics engine from the Z series which was used on the ps3 and doesn't take any advantage the ps4 has to offer.

#1158 Jman1236

Jman1236

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 577 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Splatoon 2 - 8.5/10

It fair to say that the switch finally has it's killer app. Now while most of it has been pulled straight from the 1st game, there is alot to keep your occupied and the salmon run is addictive and the best mode in the game hands down. The only things that hurt it is that theres no in  way to use voice chat outside of a phone app and only with friends(the app is garbage), salmon run can only be done online at certain times, and most of the game is gated off unless your above level 4(which doesn't take long) or don't have an internet connection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users