Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

Photo

Review The Last Game You Played

• Please log in to reply
1157 replies to this topic

#1 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Liked the last game you played?? Give a quick review on it so we may want to get the game or not

Dishonored: 8.5/10. The plot of this game is that you are the emperoress personal body guard who is framed for her murder that you didnt commit. You quickly learn that you were set up by her Spymaster and among other high ranking officials so they could take control of the plague infested city. So what's the best way to clear your name: Kill the ones who set you up. Now you can take either the lethal or the nonlethal approach, all affecting the outcome of the game. Ohh and you have to save her daughter too

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Game: Paper Mario
System: Nintendo 64 (Virtual Console)
Rating: 8/10 (B)

Paper Mario is a simple RPG. You play as Mario (Go Figure) and rescue the Princess from Bowser....like normal. The Gameplay Mechanics are easy to learn and the story can be both dramatic and humorous in various places.
The Downside I would say were the controls, however since I'm playing the Virtual Console version with a Gamecube Controller, that might just be me.

#3 doesthings

doesthings

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

GoldenEye 007 (Wii)

Not a bad remake of the N64 classic, clever enough to simulate what a Daniel Craig version of the film would have been. Although, like most of these heavily cinematic games, it frequently feels like it is "on rails" in the sense that you have only one, confined direction to travel and all you have to to do get there is shoot some people and press buttons during a quicktime sequence.

(7.0/10)

#4 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

L.A. Noire. 8/10. You are Cole Phelps, a Medal of Honor recipient and a new up and rising police officer in the L.A. police force in '48. You rise up the ranks and solve many interesting police cases and learn that Cole's past in WWII may not be as what everyone thinks it is. Well i dont want to give away much but the game is kinda slow paced but it is really fun. Some of the characters are pretty funny and theres alot of references to whats going on at the time frame (like at one point they mention the Communist up rising in China). The game is good overall and its fun (good luck getting 100% correction rate for the interrogations its difficult)

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#5 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I actually hate LA Noire. For one, you don't really feel like a proper detective. It's like a magnet pulls you to the solution no matter what you do. You can't ever truly botch a case (unless you kill someone who shouldn't die, but that gets undone immediately) -- which means there's no pressure. I also found it very easy to get confused during interrogation. So in terms of gameplay I found it rather sloppy.

OK, so what about story? I found that sloppy too.

Spoiler

So yeah. I gave up on it.

#6 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

I liked it. Sure there were bits that were sloppy but i liked the game in general

#7 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Sonic Generations (3DS): 7/10:
A bit too short, but the replayability is through the roof with this one.
image.jpg

#8 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Red Dead Redemption: 9.5/10. John Marston's family is taken by the government in return for killing his old gang members. Now you meet some interesting people along the way as you redeem yourself and explore the dying west in 1911

#9 doesthings

doesthings

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'm somewhere between Uncle Ben and Furrykef on L.A. Noire. I thought it did some things quite brilliantly (building the Los Angeles of the past, the gameplay mechanic of deciding whether or not someone is lying) and dropped the ball on others (where the main story goes, the fact the most side missions are foot-chases or shootouts). Ultimately, what I thought was going to be an intense evaluation of my performance as a straight-laced cop turned out instead to be Grand Theft Auto with unnecessary restrictions. I gave it a 6.0 overall, but I'm hoping they use the foundation of L.A. Noire to fine tune a followup in the future.

#10 Gremlin 24

Gremlin 24

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

TimeSplitters 2 (PS2): 8.5/10. from the brilliant people that gave us the awesome Goldeneye 007, we got Timesplitters on PS2, a game where all you do is go from point A to pick up something at point B and travel to point A again. include only nine missiosn and you have a disappointing experience.

but a few years later, they rebounded with Timesplitters 2, the sequel that added (boring) story cutscenes, more mission variety, fast-paced frantic multiplayer and was also released on Xbox and Gamecube.

i haven't gotten around to playing Timesplitters: Future Perfect yet, the one that supposedly included online multiplayer.

if i have to say anything bad about the game aside from it's boring and sometimes generic story, is the trial and error that comes with this game. the chicago mission and you have to kill Tony's brother. how can you, with a tommy gun, knock out a car? i've tried shooting the engine, the wheels, the windows and nothing works.

and then theres the Regeneration multiplayer mode. the gimmick? you have regenerative health and it kicks in as soon as you get hit. one mission in Arcade mode that focuses on this is just a matter of "Get the Plasma Autorifle or the Tactical 12-Gauge and stunlock your enemy until either she does or you run out of ammo." and it's gets bornin and easy quickly.

a high recommendation for everyone reading this who hasn't yet been sucked into the Call of Duty Sarlaac or the Ravenous Battlefield Beast of Traal.

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Fallout New Vegas: 7.75/10. You are a Courier for the Mojave Express and your package gets robbed... and you get shot. Few days later you come to and now you have to hunt down the man who shot you.... and get involved in something much bigger. More quests than Fallout 3 and more weapons and mods and such but the game is kinda glitchy at points. Its still fun though.

Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money: 3/10. The first DLC is terrible...

#12 doesthings

doesthings

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

An excellently crafted action/puzzle platformer/beat-em-up that perfectly executes the functionality of Batman's gadgets, training, and mobility. Even if you aren't much of a fan, it was clearly written by a group of nerds who know every single thing about Batman ever, thus you get to learn as you beat the shit out of henchmen. And bonus: search the Asylum for Riddler's annoying puzzles!

(8.5/10)

#13 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Riddler pisses me off in that game

#14 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Was he done bad?

#15 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,580 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

no... he just does... He was done great but his challenges are just difficult

#16 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

#17 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

There are like two hundred Riddler missions in the game.
image.jpg

#18 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

So?

#19 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

They get long and annoying, from what I've heard.
image.jpg

#20 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,572 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

....I see....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users