Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

SatAM cRPG idea. (Alternate Universe)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

Well, I know that the chance of this getting anywhere is next to nil, especially with the current projects and the people being loaded with work from those. I am gonna try anyways, because I want to share this with you guys, and who knows?

This idea was borne when I was still hopped up on the idea of a SatAM fangame, trying to think of ideas premises and stuff for it, doing a complete re-imagining of the universe, pretty much. I knew this because I felt that the original SatAM premise does not lend itself too well to a cRPG style of gameplay.

The gameplay itself will feature a lot of "dungeon"-crawling with a few puzzles thrown in, non-random encounters and a real-time linear motion combat system that allows for input of several attack commands per turn on a 3-line plane. There is even a friendship system that was being conceptualized.

If you guys are interested, I can show you the stuff I have written up for it as well as concept designs. I might even create new stuff for this idea if you ask. So what do you think?

76561197990969478.png

#2 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

If anything does happen with the game I can get FUS to host the file for download.

#3 Zephyr

Zephyr

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Sounds good! I'd love to see this project gain some momentum. Honestly, I think any new SatAM related things are just great for the community. Even though this is a CRPG, you might wannna look into Sonic Chronicles and maybe borrow a few concepts. I've never played it, but I hear it was pretty good.

#4 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

I can try to help you again with the writing Val for the fangame, although like the last time I'm still gonna be slow cos it's been like forever since I wrote anything SatAM. xD

#5 GamemasterAnthony

GamemasterAnthony

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:47 AM

I second Zephyr in looking at Sonic Chronicles for ideas. (The fact that the game has Swatbots helps!)

A look at the strategy guide for the game can also help for stats for the various equips, enemies, and other stuff you might want to use.

#6 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

Yeah, I have been told that the writing in Sonic Chronicles is actually good save for the copout ending, but I will be keeping the game mechanics as it is.

76561197990969478.png

#7 Guest_Miko_*

Guest_Miko_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

whats a CRPG?

#8 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Computer RPG (sometimes Console RPG as well).

#9 PSI Hedgehog

PSI Hedgehog

Priority one psychic alert. Wanted by the order of Giygas.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

Will enemies be visible on the over world map like in Earthbound or will there be no way tell when a battle will start until it already starts like in Mother?
Sally realized the power PK (PSI) Freedom α.

#10 Metallou

Metallou

That french guy who already has a beard

• Fellow FUSer
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

I would like to put my ideas in if that doesn't mind the others.

I've been thinking about an exploration game, like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, with level-ups ,unlocking special moves, platforming, searching for items tha you can equip with/nedd to advance in some levels, and so on...
What I imagined else is for certain mission you have a choice of certain character that you can switch with. Speaking of characters, they will have their own movements and skills, which can be improved through level ups (at the start, only sonic and bunny can destroy robotic creatures, but after some level-ups, other playable character can deal with them (it maybe not realistic, but come on: it's a videogame)) : Tails can fly, which has its own bar ; Sonic run fast and can easily deal with robotic creatures, but takes more damage and had a bigger knock-back ; Sally can bounce on the ennemy (organic enemies will be stuned), can walljump , uses nicole for pirating/whatever else computers or showing a map of the level, Bunny can also deal with robotic creatures, takes less damages that the other characters, have the lowest knockback in the team, but cannot go through narrow ways and such. Other characters will be playable but later in the game. About the exploration thingie, I've been thinking about the Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia level systems: as you go further into the story, more zones can be explorables. Some must appear for the story to continue, others will be here just of the sake of exploring or anything else, but can also be here for later missions. About the PowerRings, they're be like a skill boost (as much like sonic go faster and had invicibility while the Power bar is draining down) for whoever is using it, or a source of projectile weapon.

To summarize everything, I would like a SotN-like. If you're thinking about what program we should use, don't worry, Game Maker is not in my mind. What program I think about is the upcoming Stencyl, which offer a simplier way of programming. It's in private beta now, but will be public in a matter of time now.

I also can be a good spriter if you wish.

WHAT IS A MAN? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS
BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YOU

#11 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

Oh wow, there's still interest for this?

I'll see what I can do to dig my old ideas out from the archives and post them here.

76561197990969478.png

#12 PSI Hedgehog

PSI Hedgehog

Priority one psychic alert. Wanted by the order of Giygas.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:33 AM

I could try my hand at modifying Earthbound town sprites for you if you want. I have a couple of Sally Acorn sprites done. The only time I might get to work these sprites until Summer is during the weekends.
Sally realized the power PK (PSI) Freedom α.

#13 Freya Manibrandr

Freya Manibrandr

Ein Fahrender Ritter

• F3 Staff
  • 777 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

Well, I have all but given up on the idea of doing it altogether. At least for now. Thanks for your offer anyways.

76561197990969478.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users