Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

Update: Columbia Pictures To Adapt Sonic Film

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Check it out:

www.tssznews.com/2014/03/21/report-columbia-pictures-to-adapt-sonic-film/

And my comment on this... have they ever seen a Sonic live-action short film from Eddie Lebron before??? Looks more like a student film...

Also, this idea might look bad... because maybe Sega and Columbia Pictures are taking this an little too far... I hope this is a hoax! If this was true, look out: Another live-action Super Mario is coming soon! Lmao

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Wernick & Reese (“Deadpool,” “Monsters Inc,” “Zombieland,” “GI Joe Retaliation”)

I'm sorry what Deadpool Movie?  The one that has been in Production Hell since Wolverine Origins?

#3 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

I'm hearing that its Satire....

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#4 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

A SONIC MOVIE?! YEEEEEEEE-

Wait a minute. Dark and edgy? Live action?

Stewie_gun_mouth_super.jpg
image.jpg

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Its being heavily downplayed and as of right now its a rumor, an overblown one at best

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

A SONIC MOVIE?! YEEEEEEEE-

Wait a minute. Dark and edgy? Live action?

Well that depends on your view of "dark" and "edgy".  

Since most people view SatAM as Dark I wouldn't be so opposed to Sonic going that direction. 

Also it states that it's a mixture of Live action and animatio......

Why does this sound like the summary of the Fan Film?

#7 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

Why does this sound like the summary of the Fan Film?

Cause it does

#8 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

I just realize since the beginning... this article sounds fake! And there's no way that Sega would've think of a story like this.. they always made Sonic Projects to aim for small children only.. just like Disney does to Mickey Mouse. If I'd want to make a Sonic Series to aim for mature audiences like ages 17 and older, I wouldn't go that far.

Well, I'd always want to make Sonic Series to aim for older audiences, but only for ages 13 and older.. Actually, my ideas are just fan fiction. :)

As for a live-action, who ever wrote this Sonic Movie idea.. he did saw the live-action version of the Super Mario Bros. did he?? Lol

#9 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:13 AM

They did try to appeal at an older audience.....and the result was far from being pretty.

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!
PS: I love bacon. Why? Because i said so...(i also love the Dreamcast)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

#10 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

nd there's no way that Sega would've think of a story like this.. they always made Sonic Projects to aim for small children only.. just like Disney does to Mickey Mouse.

(Cough)Epic Mickey(Cough)
image.jpg

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

as i said, it sounded like Satire

#12 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

nd there's no way that Sega would've think of a story like this.. they always made Sonic Projects to aim for small children only.. just like Disney does to Mickey Mouse.

Epic Mickey Sucked...and was broken in some instances.  

#13 GamemasterAnthony

GamemasterAnthony

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

...and wasn't even as dark as it could have been.  Early art showed things like a broken down steampunk version of a robot Goofy, indicating they were about to go into levels of dark we haven't seen since the Black Cauldron.  Right, Gurgi?

GURGI:  *digging through Anth's stuff*  Munchies and crunchies are in here somewhere...

*sigh*  Never mind...

#14 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

nd there's no way that Sega would've think of a story like this.. they always made Sonic Projects to aim for small children only.. just like Disney does to Mickey Mouse.

...and wasn't even as dark as it could have been. Early art showed things like a broken down steampunk version of a robot Goofy, indicating they were about to go into levels of dark we haven't seen since the Black Cauldron. Right, Gurgi?

GURGI: *digging through Anth's stuff* Munchies and crunchies are in here somewhere...

*sigh* Never mind...
I enjoyed the first game. But I haven't played the sequel yet... Though, from what I've read, it didn't sound that impressive.

And honestly, I'm glad they didn't make the series THAT dark. I mean, the idea of a gritty game staring Mickey Mouse wandering the abandoned streets of a post-apocalyptic theme-park with fearsome ink-blot monsters that look like rejected Xenomorph designs is just as out-of-place as "Sonic '06" was.

The final game, while still dark, was still light-hearted enough to justify it as a Mickey Mouse title. And in a way, it expanded the scenario introduced in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" (depicting Toons as inter-dimensional beings) and made it more intriguing.

I have only one gripe, though. I wish the series used more unused/forgotten elements from Disney productions. Like Walt's original direction for "Alice in Wonderland" (a darker, somewhat gruesomer film than the final project), his original plans for Epcot (an actual utopia), as well as unused concept designs for iconic characters and rides. Heck, a cyborg version of Darkwing Duck was planned to appear during one point in the game; why didn't that make it in?

#15 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

The sequel I've heard is more of the same.

And hell, if we're getting into dark Disney territory, where the hell are the Gargoyles?
image.jpg

#16 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Ruined by the Third Season Still. 

#17 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Ruined by the Third Season Still.

Three words: Official. Non. Canon.

Read the comics.
image.jpg

#18 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

Last time I checked the original Media was the official canon of any series.

That means the comics are the spin-off canon.  

#19 kamifox1

kamifox1

She of the million avatars

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Am I the only Sonic fan who actually enjoyed the live action fan film?

It was like a nice mixture of SATAM/Archie comics and Sonic Adventure 2, my three favourite things within the franchise (yes, SA2's my favourite Sonic game, don't judge).

My only niggles are the fact Sonics quills were too messy and a lot of the CG didn't clip onto the live action properly causing it to look as if it wasn't really there and wrecking the immersion but it was very low budget with a fairly small team compared to most film companies so it was good considering that.

kamifox1.png

#20 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Last time I checked the original Media was the official canon of any series.

That means the comics are the spin-off canon.

The creator himself said that only the first episode of Goliath Chronicles is canon with the rest of the series.
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users