Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (12 December 2019 - 03:19 PM)

I hope I get to live to 93.

@  Wulfsbane : (11 December 2019 - 09:42 AM)

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

Photo

New Sonic Cartoon "sonic Boom" In The Works

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#21 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Still victory dancing.

Do you want music with your dancing? xD

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!
PS: I love bacon. Why? Because i said so...(i also love the Dreamcast)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

#22 Teirusu

Teirusu

The spanish fox!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 923 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Not cool. Its gonna be like AoStH...

We still don't know how it will be. 

Anyway I'm not upset about that. AoStH is fine. Maybe we have another AoStH that have more sense and is more funny. I wouldn't complain about that. 

I always thought that Sonic series lack of humor, and the few humor they have, are very patetic. I don't mind watch a show again like Sonic X or AoStH with actualy, the humor of South Park + My little Pony. My little pony story is trash. After 3 min of the chapter you know how it will start, and how it will end, like Doraemon, but...you never know how it will reach the end because have a lot of random things and funny things before reach the end, so it is interesting watch how the reach the end. Kind of AoStH, but this last one "try to be funny" and isn't at all. Sonic X is not even funny.

Since you are all fan of SatAM, well, I doubt it will be a show like SatAM and maybe I understand you prefer a more "dark" show, but the guy already said it will be more comedia-show, 

Again, I don't really know how this end, but looks very interesting. More of that. Congratulation to Sonic for back to the TV! I never expected something like that. SEGA is really betting hard of marketing Sonic this last years.

#23 Fearfek

Fearfek

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

... Previous experience has lead me to react this way:

Posted Image

#24 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

...can't blame you xD

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!

#25 Teirusu

Teirusu

The spanish fox!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 923 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

... Previous experience has leads me to react this way:

The only Sonic cartoon that made me reacts like that is Sonic Underground.

#26 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

Honestly, I'm hoping the new show will be like the OVA. The OVA had a good mixture of humor, drama, suspense, and fun; plus Sonic was the main character for once. The animation was also good.

All the other shows had their share of good ideas, but weren't executed well. AoStH was way too goofy/surreal and annoying as hell, SatAM took itself too seriously and forgot Sonic was the main character, "Underground" needed more work and "Sonic X" was underwhelming and had... Chris Thorndyke.

If there is to be a new show, the main focus should be on Sonic himself. After all, he's the title character if the series. Also, they should make the series fun to watch; in both humor and drama. Shows like "Avatar: the Last Airbender" are good examples of this.

#27 Teirusu

Teirusu

The spanish fox!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

Well, on MLP they focused so much on Twilight and in the second season they decided to change the focus to all the ponies, so they should know that having a good cast, is not necesary to overuse one character. I want see something like that. Most of the chapters go around Sonic, but also see chapters about other characters. OVA for me is the perfect animation of Sonic. Nothing to add what you said. Good animation, drama, humor...all is perfect. Anyway I don't expect something serious. I imagine something like Sonic X. In the same place, occurs some "diferent events caused by eggman and they have to defeat everytime".

Well, we can only imagine things, we don't know anything about the new animation. I only want an animation that is fun to watch and also contain some humor inside. "Please, no more patetic copyrights jokes dear Sonic Colours".

#28 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

I thought the writing for the OVA was pretty weak, an issue compounded by the genuinely painful acting, at least in the English dub. On top of that, the character designs were poor outside of Metal Sonic and they clashed with the admittedly gorgeous matte painting backgrounds.

I somewhat enjoy watching it, but only in a "so bad it's good" way. Then again, I was never one for anime.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#29 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

New cartoon? I'm afraid.

It's funny because whenever something new appears in the franchise, everyone starts saying "They should include SatAM characters". Would it be cool? Hell yeah. But know what? We should all get real.

#30 Teirusu

Teirusu

The spanish fox!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

I love that. I'm here but I'm not special fan of Freedom fighters. I grow playing videogame and watching AoStH, OVA and Sonic X. I never read an Archie comic or watch SatAM before days before I joined to this comunity. I found SatAM really funny, but I still don't get the concept of "Freedom Fighters".

I grow with Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles, not with Antoine, Bunnie or Sally. I don't say I dislike them, but one of the things I love Sonic is because the friend-bro relation that Sonic and Tails have. On SatAM, even Sonic care Tails, it doesn't look like I have on my mind, so part of me dislike it. Anyway, what I want to say, is that a lot of SatAM fans I know when something about Sonic is published, the most comment i read is "They could add SatAM characters". I understand what they want, if I were a SatAM lover I would say the same thing, but like I'm not, then my opinion is clearly about it "I don't want SatAM characters" (I know is egoist, but I can't refuse that part of me doesn't want to see any Archie-Satam stuff).

Anyway, I still would like to see any chapter where actualy there is something like time travel o space travel and crossover Sonic and friend (Tails, Knuckles, Amy...) with Freedom Fighters. Is a nice way to attract satam fans and also I find interesting what will could hapens if they met, but nothing more.

#31 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

"egoist"

I think I'll need to clarify this. He means "selfish".

Sorry, Teirusu :biggrin:

#32 Teirusu

Teirusu

The spanish fox!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:19 AM

yup. I had to go so I write fast and in my mind it was the word "egotist" and I skip the letter "t" but anyway still the wrong word. The correct one was selfish. 

I love you Hammer <3

#33 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:22 AM

Still victory dancing.

Do you want music with your dancing? xD
Yes.

image.jpg

#34 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Honestly, though I'm excited about this. There hasn't been a Sonic TVs show in ages, and so this is cool. I know you guys aren't happy that Dave worked on MLP, but he worked on South Park too. That should count for something.

An OVA style would be in my favor, too. I actually really enjoyed that film and wished the could have expanded on it. Hopefully this will make up.

I also enjoy AoStH, but I don't want them to reuse that style, because thanks to modern kids, it could end up like one of those shitty cartoons from Canada.

As much as I like SatAM, I would like something different. And I believe SEGA disowns the characters now, so...

As for other cartoons, AoSTH is funny, SatAM is amazing, Underground sucks and X was only good in Japanese. And Season 3. Escpically the ending. Way to depress the fuck out of me, Sonic Team.
As for the victory music...

image.jpg

#35 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Honestly, I don't get all the "It will be like AoStH". As I understand it, the only basis for this is "it will be comedic in tone". That could mean virtually anything. The Looney Tunes Show is "comedic in tone" (though I wouldn't expect a sitcom). So is MLP:FiM, arguably. It doesn't have to mean a badly animated Looney Tunes/John Kricfalusi ripoff.

Honestly, I'm hoping the new show will be like the OVA. The OVA had a good mixture of humor, drama, suspense, and fun; plus Sonic was the main character for once. The animation was also good.

That Dragon Ball Z wannabe? I hated that.

If there is to be a new show, the main focus should be on Sonic himself. After all, he's the title character if the series.

Oh bah. I'd be fine with SatAM being The Sally Show. Sonic's had plenty of spotlight over the years anyway.

#36 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

I also enjoy AoStH, but I don't want them to reuse that style, because thanks to modern kids, it could end up like one of those shitty cartoons from Canada.

Hey, what do you have agaisnt Canadian cartoon?......wait, they made cartoon in Canada? I've never heard of that!

Hey, i wonder....since Paul is a Canadian, and he's the head of the Sea3on project....does that make Sonic SatAM Sea3on a Canadian show?

#37 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Not ever Canadina show is shit. For example, Ed, Edd n Eddy is my favorite series.
image.jpg

#38 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Not ever Canadina show is shit. For example, Ed, Edd n Eddy is my favorite series.

Have you ever heard of ''Red Green show''? I'ts a Canadian show as well. It's very funny, i'm sure you will like it.

http://www.youtube.c...V?feature=watch

Yeah, but now back to topic...

#39 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

If there is to be a new show, the main focus should be on Sonic himself. After all, he's the title character if the series.

Oh bah. I'd be fine with SatAM being The Sally Show. Sonic's had plenty of spotlight over the years anyway.

That's my concern. I mean, Sally's a good character (when done right), but the series she starred in was a show about Sonic the Hedgehog; a character you think would be the main character. It seems like false advertising when the title character is more of a sidekick than the actual sidekick.

It wasn't that bad during the 1st season, but it became strongly apparent during the 2nd season. In some ways, I feel Sonic was added to the show just to advertise it.

That Dragon Ball Z wannabe? I hated that.

I never saw the OVA as a "DragonBall" wannabe. I enjoyed it because it brought me back to the old days, back when my bother and I used to play the games like SA1, "Sonic Heroes", and "Sonic Riders". Out of all the shows I've seen, the OVA comes closest to the games I grew up with.

All the other shows felt like something else rather than "Sonic the Hedgehog". AoStH reminded me of a Joe Murry cartoon, SatAM was more of a "Blade Runner" wannabe, "Underground" fallowed "Rock and Rule's" footsteps, and "Sonic X" was just like every other generic anime.

#40 Teirusu

Teirusu

The spanish fox!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

anyway, a scriptwriter don't make how the animation will look like. I'm sure in fact, he will do few personal points. More when we are talking about a comercial cartoon. I mean, a scriptwriter doesn't write what he want, write what big people of the animation want, also I remember that Ken Pontac (scriptwriter Sonic Colours, Happy 3 friends etc...) said  months ago something about he want to work in a new Sonic cartoon that could make more sense now. 

Right now, the only think I can say clearly without hesitate is "We will have a new Sonic cartoon, it will be a comedia and the main characters will be Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy" The rest for me is bullshit. Anyway always is funny imagine how the animation will looks like and which characters could be add...etc. Isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users