Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (12 February 2019 - 09:07 AM)

We got a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. 5e/2p

@  Clocktopus : (10 February 2019 - 03:18 PM)

grats?

@  Uncle Ben : (08 February 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Well, just about a month until I move into a new place

@  chief : (03 February 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Laura has been off the internet and VA path for some time. Though she has slowly come back and is working on a few things. But reaching her can be hard these days. I'm currently working with her on a few things but everything is just done via email or discord now and then. Our time zones usually screw up the discord bit.

@  Ishapar : (30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM)

So Kev, find anybody for the voice acting yet?

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 January 2019 - 09:29 AM)

Time of death... 10:25am

@  Uncle Ben : (20 January 2019 - 10:16 AM)

Snow's stopped, turning to rain.

@  Kev : (10 January 2019 - 10:34 AM)

Thanks I will give that a try.

@  GamemasterAn... : (10 January 2019 - 08:19 AM)

Could you go to voicebunny to find someone to voice Bunnie? (I'm sorry...I had to do it.)

@  Shadow : (10 January 2019 - 12:00 AM)

Try the website voicebunny to look for someone.

@  Uncle Ben : (06 January 2019 - 05:09 PM)

There's probably a few out there

@  Kev : (06 January 2019 - 03:26 AM)

Is there anyone else that can do a good Sally voice over?

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:57 AM)

She voiced my last cartoon, I did ask her but it's been months now and I've not heard anything back.

@  Sandata : (05 January 2019 - 08:49 AM)

I don't know if she's still active, but look up LauraOlsenBlue on youtube. Think she used to be on here too.

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:45 AM)

Can anyone here or does anyone know anybody that can replicate Sally's voice from Sonic SatAm. I am trying to make another cartoon but need someone to voice it.

@  Uncle Ben : (31 December 2018 - 09:07 PM)

Happy new year everyone

@  Uncle Ben : (29 December 2018 - 10:02 PM)

So I got back into playing Pokemon GO again. Been completing the field research challenges and I encountered a Shiny Moltres!

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 December 2018 - 07:41 PM)

Merry Christmas if you didn't see me say it in the creative corner

@  Uncle Ben : (25 December 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals

@  Sandata : (24 December 2018 - 03:02 PM)

Happy Christmas folks!

Photo

Sea3On Artist

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 FUS News Robot

FUS News Robot

Extra! Extra!

• Newsbot
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Artist!

So over the last little while the comic Sea3on has been delayed. Partly with sickness, sharing time between S3A and S3, and other stuff.

I'm making this post more regarding the comic. I'm in need of a new comic artist currently. My main artist Stephen has had much going on and while he tells me he wants to stay going, it just isn't feasible at this time.

This of course is sad news for all of us, as he has been the most epic of comic artists with plenty of fans. So I'm sure filling his shoes will be a hard thing to do. However for the survival of Sea3on it does have to be done.
SO! If you are interested in being part of the Sea3on comic as a head artist, please shoot me a email with your application and any art you have.
Paul@sonicsatam.com

Cheers,

Paul.

#2 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Sent Application.  Tell Me if you need more stuffs.

#3 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

Hope to get a Cintque to replace my shot tablet so I could do just this, start working on comics (or at least cover art). I'd be happy to put some of my work out there for at least filled between gaps.

#4 Skotty

Skotty

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

If I would have enough time for this I would like to help, but I can't. It will get really hard to get someone who can actually get close to Stephens level of quality and especially great way of expressing emotions ;)

(Btw: sometimes my comments on the Sea3on page get tagged as spam. Why?)

#5 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

Over the last few months, the writing felt like it was on the wall and I'm glad to see these steps being taken, difficult though they are. Make no mistake, I love Saber's work. He continually improved and by the start of Chapter 5 was regularly putting out work that puts even the best art of the Archie Sonic comics to shame. I wish him the best both professionally and as a continued member of this community. In addition, as someone who over the past several months has kept delaying his own work due to the demands of real life, I don't blame him for the recent delays. Things like that just happen, and that's not even taking his recent illness into account...

As Paul said, however, a story of the length and scope of Sea3on cannot survive in the face of the amount of delays that much of the past year saw. I was starting to lose hope that the comic would ever get back on its feet, and now it looks like there's a chance for that.

Thank you once again to all those involved with Sea3on.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#6 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Over the last few months, the writing felt like it was on the wall and I'm glad to see these steps being taken, difficult though they are. Make no mistake, I love Saber's work. He continually improved and by the start of Chapter 5 was regularly putting out work that puts even the best art of the Archie Sonic comics to shame. I wish him the best both professionally and as a continued member of this community. In addition, as someone who over the past several months has kept delaying his own work due to the demands of real life, I don't blame him for the recent delays. Things like that just happen.

As Paul said, however, a story of the length and scope of Sea3on cannot survive in the face of the amount of delays that much of the past year saw. I was starting to lose hope that the comic would ever get back on its feet, and now it looks like there's a chance for that.

Thank you once again to all those involved with Sea3on.

It's official, I'm getting a cintque with my savings and tax returns check it: http://www.wacom.com...ve/cintiq-13-hd

Hopefully this will work better than the crappy tablet I have to use...(I have CS6, Corel 12, and SAI...I feel bottle-necked with my little malfunctioning tablet just now.)

Honestly I think we should split the burden up more like the professionals do. We need someone to pencil, someone to ink (digital/SAI would do fine), and color.

I can do all three, but I think I could do color and inking very steadily given my years of practice as a digital artist.

http://theredstrange...-Boom-359582627

http://theredstrange...Sonic-394708545

http://theredstrange...otnik-400346173

http://theredstrange...-Gray-342592137

I'd recommend at least two pencilers, an inker, and a colorist. Maybe some cover and guest art to fill in gaps. At least a three man art team would be nice.

I will send my application soon.

#7 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 409 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

I concur with Stranger that setting up a pipeline, if possible, would be a good idea. Not that I'd be of any help, as I'm sadly useless in such matters...

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#8 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

I sent you some of my art with comics. I hope you get a good selection of good artists to pick from.

#9 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

As much as I love drawing, I don't have the money or technology to do so, and my art skills aren't as up to par as I wish they could be. Otherwise, I would. Sorry, guys.
image.jpg

#10 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

chief already knows this, but posting for the sake of completeness: if you guys ever need an inker, I'm here.

It's official, I'm getting a cintque with my savings and tax returns check it: http://www.wacom.com...ve/cintiq-13-hd

I got my Cintiq on eBay. Cost me about half what it would have cost me otherwise. It didn't come with a pen, but my Intuos 3 pen is compatible, so that was no problem.

I'm loath to use it, though, because I'm always scared to death of scratching the screen...

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,500 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

i cant draw my way outta a paper bag...

I'm loath to use it, though, because I'm always scared to death of scratching the screen...

Screen protector?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#12 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'm skeptical, but it may be worth a try.

#13 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

chief already knows this, but posting for the sake of completeness: if you guys ever need an inker, I'm here.

I got my Cintiq on eBay. Cost me about half what it would have cost me otherwise. It didn't come with a pen, but my Intuos 3 pen is compatible, so that was no problem.

This is very helpful. Thank you. Thanks a bunch. I shall look carefully into this.

#14 saber16

saber16

Sea3on Artist

• Sea3on Artist
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

Looks like you guys are more than ready to kick me off the team...

Good, maybe the comic can finally update on time for once xD

Best of luck to everyone throwing their hat in the ring!

This is very helpful. Thank you. Thanks a bunch. I shall look carefully into this.

http://www.amazon.co...h?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm currently eying this alternative approach. Don't know if the 400 dollar difference will make or break the deal, but with all the positive feedback, it's worth a shot.

You could always sell it to me for half price. I'd take GOOOOD care of it!

Posted Image

#15 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

That is definitely an option. But I got the cash. I'm a rather frugal fellow. I've been saving up to make my own little media-making empire. I'm also a writer and musician and have been saving for VSTs and various softwares for my digital art.

http://sonicsatam.co...?showtopic=4854

Saber, do you think it would be possible to divide the work up as I have mentioned? Making this a collaborative effort could speed up production and even quality.

#16 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

Oh yes, I forgot to mention I'm a letterer too. Most people these days letter their comics by using a pre-made font and just typing it in. While this can work well, I think cartoony works such as a Sonic comic would tend to benefit more from a hand-lettered comic. I do what I call "digital hand-lettering". It's digital because I'm using a tablet, and it's by hand because I draw each letter one by one. This gives a much more organic look to the letters. I imagine I wouldn't provide sufficient value if hired to do solely letters, but it wouldn't be much work for me to throw in letters as I ink a page.

Anyway, I should add that the traditional "penciler, inker, colorist" approach is not the only way to divide up labor. The comic book industry developed that scheme not because it produces the highest quality work, but because it makes artists interchangeable, like workers in an assembly line. Here is an article by Mark Evanier on the subject explaining how the system came about and why he doesn't like it. (Mark isn't a comic book artist himself -- he's a writer -- but he knows a lot about the industry and its artists, having known and worked with a number of them personally.) That is, it's not that he thinks it's a bad way to collaborate; what's bad is being locked into thinking it's the only way. So I'm not against using this kind of system; I'm just pointing out there are other options.

That said, I think inking and lettering are likely the only help I'd be able to provide consistently. While I can do pencils and colors, which means I can fill in in a pinch, they're not what I'm best at.

#17 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Kef you do all the things I hate doing for my comics... How you do that!?

#18 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

By being a lousy penciler and colorist. :P

That's only half true. Manga Studio EX 4 makes inking easy, and I presume Manga Studio 5 would do the same once I find the right settings for it. If not, I still have EX 4 to fall back on. And I've discovered that I really like how I can make a drawing pop off the page.

As for lettering, I dunno. I just find there's a simple joy in writing good-looking letters on a screen. I can't explain it.

#19 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

By being a lousy penciler and colorist. :P

That's only half true. Manga Studio EX 4 makes inking easy, and I presume Manga Studio 5 would do the same once I find the right settings for it. If not, I still have EX 4 to fall back on. And I've discovered that I really like how I can make a drawing pop off the page.

As for lettering, I dunno. I just find there's a simple joy in writing good-looking letters on a screen. I can't explain it.

I prefer CS6, Corel, and SAI. You can get some great stuff via the synergy.

#20 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,500 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

i wanna learn how to draw better.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users