Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (12 February 2019 - 09:07 AM)

We got a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. 5e/2p

@  Clocktopus : (10 February 2019 - 03:18 PM)

grats?

@  Uncle Ben : (08 February 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Well, just about a month until I move into a new place

@  chief : (03 February 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Laura has been off the internet and VA path for some time. Though she has slowly come back and is working on a few things. But reaching her can be hard these days. I'm currently working with her on a few things but everything is just done via email or discord now and then. Our time zones usually screw up the discord bit.

@  Ishapar : (30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM)

So Kev, find anybody for the voice acting yet?

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 January 2019 - 09:29 AM)

Time of death... 10:25am

@  Uncle Ben : (20 January 2019 - 10:16 AM)

Snow's stopped, turning to rain.

@  Kev : (10 January 2019 - 10:34 AM)

Thanks I will give that a try.

@  GamemasterAn... : (10 January 2019 - 08:19 AM)

Could you go to voicebunny to find someone to voice Bunnie? (I'm sorry...I had to do it.)

@  Shadow : (10 January 2019 - 12:00 AM)

Try the website voicebunny to look for someone.

@  Uncle Ben : (06 January 2019 - 05:09 PM)

There's probably a few out there

@  Kev : (06 January 2019 - 03:26 AM)

Is there anyone else that can do a good Sally voice over?

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:57 AM)

She voiced my last cartoon, I did ask her but it's been months now and I've not heard anything back.

@  Sandata : (05 January 2019 - 08:49 AM)

I don't know if she's still active, but look up LauraOlsenBlue on youtube. Think she used to be on here too.

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:45 AM)

Can anyone here or does anyone know anybody that can replicate Sally's voice from Sonic SatAm. I am trying to make another cartoon but need someone to voice it.

@  Uncle Ben : (31 December 2018 - 09:07 PM)

Happy new year everyone

@  Uncle Ben : (29 December 2018 - 10:02 PM)

So I got back into playing Pokemon GO again. Been completing the field research challenges and I encountered a Shiny Moltres!

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 December 2018 - 07:41 PM)

Merry Christmas if you didn't see me say it in the creative corner

@  Uncle Ben : (25 December 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals

@  Sandata : (24 December 2018 - 03:02 PM)

Happy Christmas folks!

Photo

Sea3On Schedule Issues

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Anyone know how we can solve our little Sea3on schedule issues? You know, the delays due to Stephen getting sick?

#2 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

Yes. Make Steven immortal.

jNz0y5.jpg
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#3 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

Yep...Time to bust out the mad scientist supplies.

#4 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:28 AM

Mad_Scientist%287748%29.png

#5 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:12 AM

Why can't anyone take me seriously?

#6 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

A delay is a delay.  I'm only running 2 artists to do 2 very different tasks.   Also truth be told I'm not paying them a living wage here.  This is a fan comic..Sadly there will be delays in stuff.  Sadly if people get sick or busy I can't blame them for not being able to spend 10 hours plus drawing.   Not when regular life gets in the way of things.    And with 2 artists on my salary...Thats all I can afford.Even with the low ass rate I pay them.  So no back up artists or massive team to kick in when one goes down.

Now If I were paying Stephen or Tim regular comic wages and we were pushing out a few pages a week (as would be needed under normal wages)  I would expect stuff done differently.   Sadly..Its not.   So we just roll with what we got and I help them out however I can.

So can you get away without delays?    Yes but you require a backlog.   Something we did have a few of but have used them up.    With only taking a month off between chapters,  you can only draw so much of a backlog.  And realistically that month off also covers 2 weeks for them to actually take off.  No drawing or needing to draw.  

So how does one prevent cases like this?   Well we turn Stephen into a immortal drawing machine along with Tim....OR I start paying both of them living wages and regular salaries,  Which would be amazing and awesome and S3 would be producing like 25 pages a month....But Don't have that cash flow.     

#7 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

Yep...Time to bust out the mad scientist supplies.

I could use Impure World Reincarnation If Stephen dies...

Why can't anyone take me seriously?

If you think a fan comic with two artists can run smoothly without delays (due to illness, school, etc.) then you have another thing coming.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#8 Vampfox

Vampfox

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

Personally I'm just glad that we have a Satam fan comic at all. Delays are going to happen. For the people working on the comic real life is more important then a fan comic.

People need to be more patient.

#9 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:55 PM

Personally I'm just glad that we have a Satam fan comic at all. Delays are going to happen. For the people working on the comic real life is more important then a fan comic.

People need to be more patient.

I would also like to now why the art style changed in the middle of chapter five.

#10 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:19 AM

Because thats when we picked up a second artist.  

#11 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

Because thats when we picked up a second artist.  

What happened to the other one?

#12 Tim J

Tim J

Tim "J" Campbell

• Sea3on Artist
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

Stephen Wood was Sea3on's main and only artist. (aside from the guest comics.) The workload seriously burned the poor guy out in the middle of chapter 5. D:

So that's when Paul picked me up at the line and ink artist. Stephen stayed on as the color and word artist. We've been sharing the work load ever since. :3

jNz0y5.jpg
button_art_editor_aso_by_timjcampbell-db

#13 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

Stephen Wood was Sea3on's main and only artist. (aside from the guest comics.) The workload seriously burned the poor guy out in the middle of chapter 5. D:

So that's when Paul picked me up at the line and ink artist. Stephen stayed on as the color and word artist. We've been sharing the work load ever since. :3

In that case, you must redraw the first half of Chapter 5, then. No pressure.

#14 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:14 AM

...why must we?

#15 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:52 PM

That's a little absurd isnt it?

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#16 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:53 AM

You gonna pay for it?

#17 HeavensChampion

HeavensChampion

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:54 AM

You gonna pay for it?

I am not a millionaire.

That's a little absurd isnt it?

The change was sudden, okay?

#18 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

Take a look at Dragon Ball Z, if you notice there are multiple episodes where the art-style changes during arcs. You'll notice facial features are different and landscapes are also different. Most of the time its sudden but most people never really seemed to care.

The change in art was sudden, agreed but at the same time its not entirely different. There are some quirks that are different but that's more akin to the style of the artist themselves. But the general artwork is still the same.

#19 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,185 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:12 AM

Welcome to the wonderful wold of fan comics

#20 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

And it's not like we have thousands of people logging on here to view the comic either.

Welcome to the wonderful wold of fan comics

Chief, how many unique visitors we get a month? (That's not Spam)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users