Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (21 April 2019 - 07:18 PM)

Hope y'all had a good Easter

@  Wulfsbane : (13 April 2019 - 10:24 PM)

However, Fallen Order looks promising

@  MoKat : (13 April 2019 - 10:56 AM)

I don't have Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, but have been watching a few gameplay videos.

@  ShenFNWoo : (13 April 2019 - 05:15 AM)

And no fucks given

@  Shadow : (12 April 2019 - 10:08 AM)

Well, new Star Wars trailer dropped.

@  Wulfsbane : (07 April 2019 - 08:30 PM)

WrestleMania just finished.

Honestly one of the best Wrestlemanias ever

@  Shadow : (05 April 2019 - 01:25 AM)

Congrats!

@  Wulfsbane : (04 April 2019 - 07:09 PM)

So I turned 25 today. Woo

@  Wulfsbane : (01 April 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Maybe they changed it recently

@  Wulfsbane : (01 April 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Hmm, I've seen a few Sonic shirts on redbubble before with him on it.

@  Shadow : (01 April 2019 - 12:30 PM)

Seems anything directly with Sonic is flagged, but side chars. are spared.

@  Wulfsbane : (01 April 2019 - 07:20 AM)

RedBubble's copyright tagger can be rather wonky

@  Shadow : (30 March 2019 - 07:47 AM)

Did have a bunch of my stuff copyright flag removed unfortunately...

@  Shadow : (30 March 2019 - 07:43 AM)

Noted. Am adding more as I go.

@  ShenFNWoo : (30 March 2019 - 07:22 AM)

Only really interested in the Merle pic.

@  Shadow : (29 March 2019 - 04:54 PM)

https://www.redbubble.com/people/MobianMonster

@  Shadow : (29 March 2019 - 04:54 PM)

Well I decided to open a store on Red Bubble to sell some of my work if any are interested.

@  ShenFNWoo : (29 March 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Nice seeing some activity here. We gotta keep it up :0

@  Wulfsbane : (23 March 2019 - 12:48 PM)

Did anyone get Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice? If so how is it?

@  Wulfsbane : (23 March 2019 - 12:48 PM)

What up?

Photo

Chapter 5

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#41 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

A bit of both, honestly. One of the great things about SatAM in particular and indeed "Sonic" in general is that it allows one to dabble equally into both the Mystical and the Technological. Still, I don't think I'd say I'm quite a "Sci-F/Techno" writer, or a "Magical/Wonders-of-Mobius" writer, because the extent to which those things matter to me is the extent they allow me to explore the characters and place them in compelling situations. I'm not saying I'm neutrally-disposed toward Plot, but in the end my focus as a Writer lies more with the Characters.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

And yea, it's good to know you focus more on the characters than plot because it's the characters that make a plot worth following or not. Even the best of stories or plot ideas, without good characters in it, they're pointless.
Posted Image

#42 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,530 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

A bit of both, honestly. One of the great things about SatAM in particular and indeed "Sonic" in general is that it allows one to dabble equally into both the Mystical and the Technological. Still, I don't think I'd say I'm quite a "Sci-F/Techno" writer, or a "Magical/Wonders-of-Mobius" writer, because the extent to which those things matter to me is the extent they allow me to explore the characters and place them in compelling situations. I'm not saying I'm neutrally-disposed toward Plot, but in the end my focus as a Writer lies more with the Characters.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

And yea, it's good to know you focus more on the characters than plot because it's the characters that make a plot worth following or not. Even the best of stories or plot ideas, without good characters in it, they're pointless.

Thats true with everything

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#43 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Laser: You're welcome; feel free to ask any other questions you feel like. That honestly goes for everyone, too; it's fun for me getting to discuss this stuff. :)
"These hands of ours are BURNING RED! Their loud cry tells us..."
"To grasp happiness!"
"ERUPTING GOD FINGER!!! SEKI..."
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"
-Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura, G-Gundam

#44 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,530 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm re-writing a Sonic game script i wrote years ago. Any tips on writing it and making sound good. Im like looking the original over and its pretty good but i have had idea floating around i wanna add to it

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#45 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Thats true with everything

And yet, alot of writers don't follow that format. They put excessive drama, shockvalue and even plot ahead of the characters. And when that happens, the stories are nothing but garbage to me.

I'd really like to know who adapted this kind of story telling because it is spreading like a ghastly flu big. There is way too much of this kind of stuff going on in media entertainment.

Laser: You're welcome; feel free to ask any other questions you feel like. That honestly goes for everyone, too; it's fun for me getting to discuss this stuff. :)

No problem. If I think of any other questions, I'll let you know.
Posted Image

#46 LaserX5

LaserX5

Sonic Satam Purist

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

I do have one more question after thinking it over.

What content would say was your biggest inspiration when writing for Sea3on?

I know technically you're following the same Satam format, but I mean like other fictional series in general. Do any of them have a big influence on the way you write about Sonic?
Posted Image

#47 fishtheimpaler

fishtheimpaler

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

Gojira, why can't Sonic be Metal Gear Solid?

Note: I'm drunk

#48 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

I do have one more question after thinking it over.

What content would say was your biggest inspiration when writing for Sea3on?

I know technically you're following the same Satam format, but I mean like other fictional series in general. Do any of them have a big influence on the way you write about Sonic?

A really, really big one is Joss Whedon's "Astonishing X-Men" run. That "situation feeds into character" thing I talked about before, to me, is in just about every page of that book, and it provides me a very good template for what I want "Sea3on" to add to the SatAM we know and love.

Manga of a particular type also feeds into a lot of my thought processes on Sea3on. "Naruto", "Sailor Moon", "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles"...those stories where emotions lie staunchly at the core of what makes the Story tick, where those feelings reach their pique in spectacular fashion. I hope to make such powerful moments part of the "Sea3on" experience, if in Spirit moreso than specifically Form.

Last but certainly not least, the Archie "Sonic the Hedgehog" comic is, if not an influence per se, than at least an inspiration. I know a lot of fans aren't terribly fond of it, and I myself have more than my fair share of grievances, but at the end of the day there is a spark to it that has always been there since I read it as a child that provides a lot of the creative energy for "Sea3on". Bollers, Flynn...even Penders, all have managed to make that happen to one degree or another at least once.

Gojira, why can't Sonic be Metal Gear Solid?

Note: I'm drunk

So noted.

And "Sonic" can't be "Metal Gear" because there aren't enough cutscenes.
Also because Sonic and Snake's brands of humor are almost diametrically opposed and thus color their respective stories too differently for them to be one and the same, despite whatever overlap between them there may be.
"To grasp happiness!"
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"

#49 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 410 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Gojira, I noticed that, unlike the shorts and latest two chapters, the first three chapters don't appear to have names. Did you name them when writing the scripts or only refer to them by chapter number?

Also, how elaborate are the descriptions you give Saber? Paul mentioned back when we were introduced to the symbol-covered Wind Chamber that your scripts were "rather detailed", but that's rather vague. Do you ever sketch out storyboards?

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#50 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm going to jump in and answer one question here...Cause my name was mentioned and I'm the boss :P

The scripts are detailed to the extent of a book. Or even more so. Between visual references, and just over all stuff like "crack on left wall stretching so long etc etc". Basically the text of each page only takes up about 1/8th of that pages script. The rest goes into detail of everything on that page. How stuff should look and so on.

After the script is completed (as its done by chapter) I will read it then toss in changes if they need to be done. Ive only had to do that once I think and that wasn't a plot changing switch. Just some dialogue. Then it goes to myself and Steven meeting up together and breaking down the script even further. Gojira is great and does write page by page, however sometimes we just can not fit a script page into a actual page. Take last chapter.. I think we went over by 10 or so pages. So basically the meeting between myself and Steven just breaks down the script into what can be drawn. Certain pages where we dunno if we can fit it in properly we will sometimes do 2 or 3 mock layouts before picking the proper one which Steven will then draw out.

If Gojira did draw out story boards..To be honest it would just make it worse for Steven. Thats what happens when you run a separate artist and writer. Steven knows what he can do to make a page look good, and Gojira knows how to write out a proper story to make the page interesting.

So simply its a split effort. Gojira does the right thing and his scripts are detailed in writing, leaves it up to Steven to make it visual.

#51 RedMenace

RedMenace

yup.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 839 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

And then the Pope sanctifies it. You forgot that step.

#52 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 410 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for the insight, Chief.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#53 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

And then the Pope sanctifies it. You forgot that step.

I always forget that step.

#54 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,530 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Good to see it wasnt delayed too long

#55 Hammer

Hammer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

I'm just wondering, since we've been talking about the scripts and such, is it possible to have access to, at least, some of the script from previous chapters?
That way we'd understand everything even better. I'm also curious about the differences between working with Salamander and with Saber. Do the different styles affect the way of writing the scripts so they can be understood better by the artist?

It's up to Gojira's will though.

#56 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

Gojira, I noticed that, unlike the shorts and latest two chapters, the first three chapters don't appear to have names. Did you name them when writing the scripts or only refer to them by chapter number?

I gave the Scripts names from the start, but I DIDN'T write room to show them within the script itself; I decided to make a change to that starting with the previous chapter, not only to give each Chapter a bigger sense of individualaity, but also to give room to include proper credits for the comic.
"To grasp happiness!"
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"

#57 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,530 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

Gojira i got one for you. Dulcy isnt a real popular character and i have noticed she isn't in Sea3on thus far. Now i got 2 questions:
1) Will she be in Sea3on at all?
2) If so, will her back story be better explained and how she came to the Freedom Fighters??

#58 Gojira007

Gojira007

Fellow FUSer

• Sea3on Writer
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

That kind of gets into revealing what is or is not going to happen in the Comic, which as I mentioned is territory I really can't go into, unfortunately. ^^;
"To grasp happiness!"
"HA!"
"LOVE LOVE TENKYOKEN!!!"

#59 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,530 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

aha... ok. not even a yes or a no for the first one??

#60 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

No. It was my intent from the start to keep Sea3on scripts, plans, roughs, etc completely out of public eyes.

So basically all that is territory that none of the staff will chat about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users