Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Steven Universe

Animation Cartoon Network

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

My Top 5 Comedic Villians
5. King Dedede (Kirby)
4. Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)
3. Dr. Robotnik (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog)
2. Mojo Jojo (The Powerpuff Girls)
1. Fawful (Mario and Luigi)

My Top 5 Serious Villains
5. The Emperor (Star Wars)
4. Aku (Samurai Jack) (Always thought of him as very serious but funny)
3. Any BTAS villains. Favorites being The Joker, Mr. Freeze and Baby Doll
2. Dr. Robotnik (SatAM)
1. David Xanatos (Gargoyles) THE FUCKER ALWAYS WINS!
image.jpg

#42 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

My Top 5 Comedic Villians
5. King Dedede (Kirby)
4. Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)
3. Dr. Robotnik (Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog)
2. Mojo Jojo (The Powerpuff Girls)
1. Fawful (Mario and Luigi)

My Top 5 Serious Villains
5. The Emperor (Star Wars)
4. Aku (Samurai Jack) (Always thought of him as very serious but funny)
3. Any BTAS villains. Favorites being The Joker, Mr. Freeze and Baby Doll
2. Dr. Robotnik (SatAM)
1. David Xanatos (Gargoyles) THE FUCKER ALWAYS WINS!

I see the Swartz is strong with this list. xD

Xanatos type of villans are my favorite. They are charming, charismatic, and intellgent. They are filled with positive aspects of humanity and that lends them to being truly frightening. There evil is more subtle, cloak and dagger, and thus harder to detect before it's to late. Also, you never have to worry about villan to decay all that much when you have them. They always get some form of victory on the heros, and that'S what keeps them powerful and threatening. I write many villans this way. 

#43 Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Running Wild

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

I've seen some of Steven Universe, looks pretty good. I actually do like Adventure Time, yes it's an odd show but it does have some depth, it's been said that if you keep watching it, it gets better and I do agree with that, but you can skip some episodes if you like. I can understand the hate for Teen Titans Go...BUT sadly this is now the only way you can get this incarnation of the team since in the DC Comic they no longer exist as they are. Ben 10 is still around, which I like, but I don't watch anymore since I don't watch a lot of TV. I will say this though, Uncle Grandpa looks like the stupidest f***ing thing I have ever seen, there is a line between weird and stupid but it went full stupid since second 1. I wouldn't call that the worst show CN has, no...ANYTHING Total Drama is WAY worse then anything else on their, it is SO DULL and boring...just HOW the hell has this series lasted this long!? That needs to die, like right now. I would actually defend Regular Show as I like that show as well, BUT the show itself feels more like something that should be on Adult Swim more then anything else due to it's college tone and oddness.

Considering we watched a lot of odd shows back in the 90's and during the 2000's it does make sense why current cartoons have been more odd and weird, it's this weird progression I suppose in cartoons that aren't more series based like SatAM, Gargoyles, or Ben 10.

Seriously, HOW THE HELL did nobody know that Robotnik was evil!? I mean just look at those red, glowing, hellish eyes, oh yeah I can completely trust that guy with my life! *sarcasm*

#44 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:19 AM

I've started watching Steven Universe and it's steadily growing on me. I was rather tepid toward the first few episodes, which felt decent enough to warrant continuing, but only just. The show became much more enjoyable as it started fleshing out the relationships the core characters have with one another. Steven himself has proven quite surprising; rather than being an annoying nuisance as I first feared, he's quickly become a very well-realized child character; though lacking the raw charisma of, say, either of the Pines twins from Gravity Falls, he has a good-natured sincerity about him that's quite endearing, with much of his goofiness becoming understandable when viewed through the lens of his age.

By far my favorite aspect of the series, however, is Pearl. Though she has received a relatively small amount of development thus far, her elegant yet fastidious nature and drive to serve as a mother figure and positive influence toward Steven make for a potent combination, one that reminds me of both Sally and Rarity, two of my top four characters of all time. The last episode I watched was "Coach Steven"; Pearl was already my favorite of the group by that point, but her entirely unexpected yet wonderful song took her to another level entirely.

I really wish this show had twenty-two minute episodes; the eleven minute format feels like it's limiting it from reaching its potential.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#45 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

I believe Cartoon Network is forcing the 11 minute limit om shows, because Adventure Time has a similar problem that REALLY hinders the series.

I haven't watched very much, because no cable. But what I have seen is really good, so hopefully Cartoon Network adds it to Netflix.

On this discussion, I'd like to add that Cartoon Network has stopped airing reruns. Only new episodes. The series will still last a while, but people are trying to raise awareness and support the show a lot recently.
image.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Animation, Cartoon Network

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users