Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

F3: Voice Acting Auditions

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 John Roberts

John Roberts

It's a nativity scene, except nobody here is wise

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:53 AM

Here we are then, the Audition lines for each character. Yes, it’s missing Lupe, Dulcy, Ari, King Acorn and Cluck but for now we are only looking for the core cast of characters to be filled. The rest will come later as they are needed - and as we actually get past the first episode

Please record all the dialogue for each character, and to keep it simple save and send them as MP3 files. You can either email them to myself or Chief (email adress just a click away in our profiles) , of just post them here in an attachment. Remember, don’t be a perfectionist about it. To reiterate what I said in the staff thread we are not looking for people that can imitate the original voice actors (but hey if you can then welcome aboard!), the important thing is that you can use your voice well and capture what the character is, and who they are. And have fun with it! You have any questions concerning this please also post them here.

What you will need? A working microphone would be a good start, and recording software (Audacity is a FREE good option, and for tips and tricks to use it try here). Also if you intend on using Audacity you will need to export your recordings as MP3, and to do that you will need the LAME MP3 encoder, and follow these very easy instructions to get it working with Audacity.

And since we such a nice bunch of people (and because we are really kinda desperate for people) you can go here for tips on making a good recording for anyone new to it.

Sonic:
“Okay, meet you and the usual. If anybody’s late, jam back to knothole. Check?”
“Juice time!”
“That is not a dream. That is one hedgehog hunk”
“I don’t how or when, but you’re gonna crush and burn, pal.”
"If you got the plan, I've got the speed! Ain't nothing gonna stand in our way, Sal!"
"Aw, sorry, Snidely, were you using that for something?"
"Time to crash Robuttniks little party! Lets do it to it!"
"I just . . . I didn't even get to say goodbye to him, Sal!"

Sally:
“Oh my gosh. Sonic, my father called me ‘Bean’ when I was little.”
“Wow, if a high five does that what happens with a kiss?”
“Rosie, I have to tell you something. I can’t explain now, just promise me you’ll never leave knothole.”
“Your majesty... Daddy, it’s me.”
"As usual, Sonic, your primitive, backward ways have reared their ugly head."
"If it's really something Robotnik's working on, we'll get rid of it. If it's nothing, we come back, no problem. If it's a trap, we deal with it."
"Nicole, access all files concerning known Terran plants and display them in descending order of toxicity."
"Oh my gosh, did you hear that? They're coming right at us!"

Bunnie:
“hooo weee I feel like I’ve been dropped through a knot hole, so to speak.”
“Well, honey, I don’t know. Had to make a very lady-like retreat.”
“I hope so, sugar, ‘cause I liked having my cute lil’ ole bod back, even for a minute.”
"I already told you that this ain't about you anymore. This is something I've got to do on my own."
"Well don't you just look prettier than a june bug on a summer's day!"
"I hate to tell y'all this, but I think we might be just a little outnumbered!"
"Robotnik, you're about to make me angrier than a long tailed cat at a rocking chair convention!"

Rotor:
“wait, Sonic, you can’t go without a ring.”
“Sally won’t like it, it’s too hard rock. It’s gotta be softer.”
“Me? D-didn’t scare me a bit. L-like a rock.”
"You may want to step back just a little bit. It took me a week to grow back my whiskers after the last test run."
"Antoine, if you can't manage to hand me the tool I actually asked for, you could at least keep from dropping the wrong ones on my foot."
"Well, here's your problem. All of these parts say 'Made in Centropolis'."
"I'm sorry if I seem a bit out of it this morning. I was up all last night trying to finish this schematic."

Anotoine:
“Yes, I’m having a question. What if...”
“Hehe...hello. Was just a clever way to get in your arms, my Princess.”
“What am I doing? I could be captivated. No, no, I must go or my princess will think I am a yellow jelly coward!”
"Yes, yes, please to be hurrying up. Apparently we are not having the 'all day'."
"Eep! Are you hearing this? It is sounding like a thousands of SWATbots all doing the hopscotch right outside of the door!"
"Oh, well, my Princess, I hear that in times of the greatest perils, many a romantic interludes are to be starting . . . "
"I do not know and I may be confused, but are we not supposed to be heading in the other directions?"

Tails:
“I miss my mum.”
“How come the trees are dying, aunt Sally?”
“Ant! You’re making me hungry. Besides we’re meant to be look-outs.”
"That was way past cool, Sonic! Can we do it again before I have to go to bed? Please?!"
"I thought I heard Antoine using some dirty words, but it turns out he was just talking about French food stuff again."
"I like that story, Aunt Sally. Sometimes I imagine Robuttnik is the scary witch, and it keeps me from being scared of either one of 'em."

The King
"Dismantling the standing army is more than a practical act. It is a symbol. A symbol of hope. A symbol of trust. A symbol of peace."
"You'll have to forgive me. Ten years with only an ego maniacal wizard for company has dulled my social edge somewhat."
"The Mobian populace will not simply sit idly by and allow this to happen!"
"Well, now, I really must compliment your taste. This wine is excellent! Where did you say you procured it?"

Uncle Chuck:
“Not yet, Sonic, there’s something much more important than me I need your help on.”
“Not yet, it might take awhile. Snively almost caught me today.”
“It won’t do you any good, Robotnik. I’ll never talk!”

Lupe
"The spirits of this land have long since fallen silent. Only the sounds of machines and tyranny can be heard now."
"I do not believe we have been introduced, friend. I am Lupe, leader of the Wolfpack and protector of these lands."
"As long as breath still fills this body, Robotnik, you shall never be victorious!"
"I am afraid that I have never seen such formations as this before. Strange that they did not catch my notice earlier."

Robotnik:
Oh, I wouldn’t be so sure about that, old-boy. I have machines of all kinds, Marvelous machines, that can do things you would not believe.”
“I know the hedgehog will come for you, dear girl, and when he does I have a surprise.”
“Within 24 hours I will control every inch of this planet. Every. Inch. The dream begins.”
"Ah, not very talkative, I see. What a shame. Most of my captives are much more vocal and far more entertaining."
"I am going to count to three, Snively. There had better be a feed of the hedgehog on the main screen before I get halfway through saying 'one'."
"Is there anything sweeter than hearing that there is no escape for your enemies? It's more delicious than all the desserts in the planet put together."

Snively:
“Here it is, Dr Robotnik, enough memory to duplicate human complexity.”
“Guess again, rodent. What I have is your worthless hide”
“The big round guy finally let Sonic defeat him. Well don’t celebrate too soon, hedgehog, now it’s my turn. And I’m not alone!
"It would appear to be the hedgehog, sir. And it would seem that he . . . yes, he is most definitely mooning us."
"What?! No! Sir, there is no possible way I could have anticipated that the Princess would use that frequency, I swear!"
"Hey! When did you get in here?! Halt! Wait! Stop! SWATbots, priority one! Priority one!"

Naugus
"Yes, it would seem that the tables have turned and I am to at last ascend to my proper placement on this pathetic mudball."
"It would take longer than your pitiful lifespan to explain it to you, insect!"
"Julian, you have displeased me, and my displeasure carries with it certain consequences."
"Hahaha! I can feel it! The power is all around me, brighter than a thousand sun bursts!"

9:06

• GUESTS

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:26 AM

Sounds interesting, I'll put getting a new mic on my To-Do List. I had one, but it broke years ago and I never had a need for a new one until now.

• GUESTS

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:40 AM

I can't do charicter voices for NOTHIN'! ^^* But I'll see if my natural voice can do rotor and maybe use audacity (already got it, thanks! ) to create a sonic voice..(I call it, "The Urkle-effect" xD)

#4 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

Could we audition as different voices in the event our voice might match one of the characters?

#5 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:14 PM

And by 'different voice' do you mean auditioning for a character not listed? Well you surely can. The plan will be to eventually use the entire cast from satAM.

#6 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":i6kir29c)
And by 'different voice' do you mean auditioning for a character not listed? Well you surely can. The plan will be to eventually use the entire cast from satAM.

Well I mean like a guy auditions for a spot...but records himself saying lines of Snivley, Robotnik, Sonic, Tails, Rotor, etc, whoever he wants to...then you pick which he fits into best?

#7 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

Yes. :] That would be how it would work. Hell if the one person can pull off two good and very different sounding auditions there's no reason why that person couldn't have more than one role.

#8 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":1g5961ra)
Yes. :] That would be how it would work. Hell if the one person can pull off two good and very different sounding auditions there's no reason why that person couldn't have more than one role.

Wow, okay. Sounds good!

#9 Jim Doe

Jim Doe

Just Some Guy

• F3 Staff
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:13 AM

Audition?
Cheers!

#10 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Okay, well you should be officially stabbed for that aussie accent. Stabbed I say!

Both your Snively and Robotnik (Robotnik was better) weren't too bad at all. Snively was a tad too stuck up-y though I think. Your Rotor is hands down the pick of the bunch here. You sound very comfortable and natural speaking his lines. And you sound like him, too, which is another plus.

That's two good Rotor auditions now. The picking begins!

#11 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

Here is my Sally, Bunnie, Tails, and Nicole.

http://rapidshare.com/files/101888188/audition.zip.html

#12 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:07 AM

Overall a very good audition on all accounts. :] Definitely would like to see what you can do with Sally in a more directed and indepth scene. And I think that's what I will do for second/final auditions - have short one on one scenes written up for the characters to really see the full potential of what you guys can bring. I mean, yeah, the lines I picked are hardly what you would call 'good material'.

#13 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":184qkuuq)
Overall a very good audition on all accounts. :] Definitely would like to see what you can do with Sally in a more directed and indepth scene. And I think that's what I will do for second/final auditions - have short one on one scenes written up for the characters to really see the full potential of what you guys can bring. I mean, yeah, the lines I picked are hardly what you would call 'good material'.

Hehe xD Okay, sounds good! Keep me posted then.

#14 Jim Doe

Jim Doe

Just Some Guy

• F3 Staff
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":2vsg6aeg)
Okay, well you should be officially stabbed for that aussie accent. Stabbed I say!

I'm thoroughly convinced that Aussie accents are closely related to Southern accents in that you can't really do a bad one . . . someone somewhere in that region will sound exactly like what you're doing.

Snively was a tad too stuck up-y though I think.

You have watched SatAM, neh?

You sound very comfortable and natural speaking his lines.

That's probably because the Rotor voice was the closest to my actual voice of the bunch.
Cheers!

#15 Guest_Stephen Zacharus_*

Guest_Stephen Zacharus_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

As it turns out, I have considerable experience doing voices for both Robotnik and Snively (in addition to various other characters) for my series of holiday-themed fanfiction contests. Each contest was accompanied by an audio "episode" that would set up the basic submission guidelines. They were a ton of fun to record; I did all of the voices and editing myself.

If you're unfamiliar with them, these are a few of my favorites:

October 2005, "Robotnik's Halloween Treat," 4 min. 12 sec.
Characters: Robotnik and Snively
http://www.thegraffi...oween_Treat.mp3

December 2006, "How Robotnik Spoiled Christmas," 3 min. 6 sec.
Characters: Robotnik
http://www.thegraffi...d_Christmas.mp3

October 2007, "When Universes Collide," 3 min. 43 sec.
Characters: Robotnik, Snively, and Scratch, Grounder and Throbbin Screech from AoStH
http://www.thegraffi...ses_Collide.mp3

I do have a couple more if you care to listen to them, but I don't want to overwhelm you with MP3s. In any case, I think the above three should pretty well indicate whether or not I can handle the roles.

Also, if you absolutely require us to audition with the lines you provided, I'm more than willing to record them. Jus holla back, yo!

#16 John Roberts

John Roberts

• Admins
  • 7,063,002 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

That was bloody hilarious mate! You have a link for more of them?

Okay, so no, the lines I provided aren't a must, they're there as an aid for anyone to just jump on in and audition without having to write their own lines. However could you give us more Snively, preferably some lines either provided here or your own that are satAM-ish? Your Robotnik was very lively, definitely the kind we're looking for in that role. But -big but- do you have a Robotnik in you that's less AoSTH? DOn't get me wrong, it was a damn good recording of him but we need more of the sinister Robotnik than the slapstick one.

Snively was a tad too stuck up-y though I think.
You have watched SatAM, neh?

Nobody likes a smart arse! Okay so maybe 'too stuck up-y' was the wrong choice of words. He sounded too high classed british, the kind with monocles. Could you do another reading of him that's not as strong on the accent? A little less stiff.

#17 Jim Doe

Jim Doe

Just Some Guy

• F3 Staff
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

For those who want some alternate lines, here are the ones I wrote in the original F3 thread over on the old forum.

Sonic
"If you got the plan, I've got the speed! Ain't nothing gonna stand in our way, Sal!"
"Aw, sorry, Snidely, were you using that for something?"
"Time to crash Robuttniks little party! Lets do it to it!"
"I just . . . I didn't even get to say goodbye to him, Sal!"

Sally
"As usual, Sonic, your primitive, backward ways have reared their ugly head."
"If it's really something Robotnik's working on, we'll get rid of it. If it's nothing, we come back, no problem. If it's a trap, we deal with it."
"Nicole, access all files concerning known Terran plants and display them in descending order of toxicity."
"Oh my gosh, did you hear that? They're coming right at us!"

Bunnie
"I already told you that this ain't about you anymore. This is something I've got to do on my own."
"Well don't you just look prettier than a june bug on a summer's day!"
"I hate to tell y'all this, but I think we might be just a little outnumbered!"
"Robotnik, you're about to make me angrier than a long tailed cat at a rocking chair convention!"

Rotor
"You may want to step back just a little bit. It took me a week to grow back my whiskers after the last test run."
"Antoine, if you can't manage to hand me the tool I actually asked for, you could at least keep from dropping the wrong ones on my foot."
"Well, here's your problem. All of these parts say 'Made in Centropolis'."
"I'm sorry if I seem a bit out of it this morning. I was up all last night trying to finish this schematic."

Antoine
"Yes, yes, please to be hurrying up. Apparently we are not having the 'all day'."
"Eep! Are you hearing this? It is sounding like a thousands of SWATbots all doing the hopscotch right outside of the door!"
"Oh, well, my Princess, I hear that in times of the greatest perils, many a romantic interludes are to be starting . . . "
"I do not know and I may be confused, but are we not supposed to be heading in the other directions?"

Tails
"That was way past cool, Sonic! Can we do it again before I have to go to bed? Please?!"
"I thought I heard Antoine using some dirty words, but it turns out he was just talking about French food stuff again."
"I like that story, Aunt Sally. Sometimes I imagine Robuttnik is the scary witch, and it keeps me from being scared of either one of 'em."
"Yo yo yo, where my bitches at? Hollah!"

Robotnik
"Ah, not very talkative, I see. What a shame. Most of my captives are much more vocal and far more entertaining."
"I am going to count to three, Snively. There had better be a feed of the hedgehog on the main screen before I get halfway through saying 'one'."
"Is there anything sweeter than hearing that there is no escape for your enemies? It's more delicious than all the desserts in the planet put together."
"Snively, you little gutter rat! I want answers, and I want them now! What in the hell is going on down there?!"

Snively
"It would appear to be the hedgehog, sir. And it would seem that he . . . yes, he is most definitely mooning us."
"What?! No! Sir, there is no possible way I could have anticipated that the Princess would use that frequency, I swear!"
"And now, if you're done with your useless posturing, hedgehog, I am about to effortlessly annihilate your entire species!"
"Hey! When did you get in here?! Halt! Wait! Stop! SWATbots, priority one! Priority one!"

Naugus
"Yes, it would seem that the tables have turned and I am to at last ascend to my proper placement on this pathetic mudball."
"It would take longer than your pitiful lifespan to explain it to you, insect!"
"Julian, you have displeased me, and my displeasure carries with it certain consequences."
"Hahaha! I can feel it! The power is all around me, brighter than a thousand sun bursts!"

The King
"Dismantling the standing army is more than a practical act. It is a symbol. A symbol of hope. A symbol of trust. A symbol of peace."
"You'll have to forgive me. Ten years with only an ego maniacal wizard for company has dulled my social edge somewhat."
"The Mobian populace will not simply sit idly by and allow this to happen!"
"Well, now, I really must compliment your taste. This wine is excellent! Where did you say you procured it?"

Lupe
"The spirits of this land have long since fallen silent. Only the sounds of machines and tyranny can be heard now."
"I do not believe we have been introduced, friend. I am Lupe, leader of the Wolfpack and protector of these lands."
"As long as breath still fills this body, Robotnik, you shall never be victorious!"
"I am afraid that I have never seen such formations as this before. Strange that they did not catch my notice earlier."
Cheers!

#18 Guest_Stephen Zacharus_*

Guest_Stephen Zacharus_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE ("John Roberts":24tcek03)
You have a link for more of them?

Sure thing, there's only two more:

October 2006, "Quoth the Hedgehog," 9 min. 56 sec.

Note: I didn't link to this one originally because it's so long (Robotnik reads the entirety of Professor Vengeance's winning contest submission, "Quoth..."), but perhaps it shows a little bit more range. Puts those Shakespeare/Elizabethan Drama classes to some use, anyway.

January 2007, "Evil Loves to Party," 3 min. 34 sec.

Note: This is a followup "winners" skit to the Christmas 2006 contest. It's mostly just me talking in my regular voice, but towards the middle there's a short phone segment with Snively and a drunk Robotnik. If you're looking for something more sinister, this definitely isn't it!

QUOTE ("John Roberts":24tcek03)
But -big but- do you have a Robotnik in you that's less AoSTH? Don't get me wrong, it was a damn good recording of him but we need more of the sinister Robotnik than the slapstick one.

I totally understand -- and yes, I can keep it serious if that's what you're looking for. In fact, one of my majors in college was theatre, so I have experience in a lot of different roles, both comic and dramatic. And I love playing villains, mwa ha ha ha ha.

As for more Snively lines -- if the two additional skits still don't quite do it for you, I can probably do a quick-and-dirty recording of the audition lines either tomorrow night or the next. In any case, thanks for the feedback.

Oh, also just wanted to mention that I enjoyed listening to the other recordings -- particularly Jim's Rotor and MsFire's Sally. Great job guys!

#19 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE ("Jim Doe":vku97xc5)
Tails
"Yo yo yo, where my bitches at? Hollah!"

Hahahaha, I almost thought these lines you typed were from the episodes until I saw this one. o_o I snickered. I hear all their voices speaking the lines and sadly, I hear Tails saying that one too. xD

#20 Jim Doe

Jim Doe

Just Some Guy

• F3 Staff
  • 335 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE ("MsFire":18o4a93w)
I almost thought these lines you typed were from the episodes

I think I'll take that as a compliment.

But I actually stole the "bitches" line from "Sonic and Sally". Honest!
Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users