Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Rotor's Colors

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

I have never been able to figure out Rotor's color scheme.  He has a dark gray color in the first season of Satam, but in the Archie comics he seems to have a pinkish/purple color.  If someone was writing a fan fiction and needed to describe Rotor's color, which should it be: first season Satam or Archie?  Which color scheme fits him better?

Attached Files

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#2 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

That's a difficult choice. Though it depends on which continuity your fic is fallowing. If you're fallowing the show, most readers would visualize it like the show. If it's the comics, than they'd imagine it similar to the comics. But if it's entirely separate from either series, than you're pretty much free to describe him however you like.

If I had to pick, I might choose the purple scheme. Rotor seems to be more fondly remembered in the Archie comics rather than the show. Plus, there already exists a blue-colored character, so it seems redundant having another with a similar scheme.

Just my thoughts.

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

The pilot episode has Rotor Purple.

Personally I prefer the purple color scheme.

#4 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:12 AM

So purple seems to be more popular in the Sonic community.  I personally preferred his grayish blue design because it looked more realistic when he was with the other characters.  I always thought his purple scheme made him stick out too much or made him look too bright.  I can understand your point about the division between the Satam and Archie communities as they would recognize him based on his color in their franchise.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#5 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:35 AM

So purple seems to be more popular in the Sonic community.  I personally preferred his grayish blue design because it looked more realistic when he was with the other characters.  I always thought his purple scheme made him stick out too much or made him look too bright.

That's actually one of the key principles which character designers follow when creating a cast of characters. By assigning each character a different color scheme, they instinctively become more recognizable to the viewer. The same thing applies to shape, personality and role. If it's done poorly, the characters would be less memorable. Part of me can't help but wonder if Rotor's duller color scheme was partly the reason for him being forgotten by some.

Sure, the grey/blue design might look more realistic, but this is a series that stars a blue hedgehog that can run at supersonic speeds. If the series was striving to be more realistic, they would've made Sonic brown and run at normal speeds - and that would've been boring. Had they stuck with the pilot designs, Sonic probably wouldn't have looked so out-of-place compared to the rest of the cast.

#6 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

This is probably a better comparison:

s_c__rotor_alt_wallpaper_by_e_122_psi.pns_c__rotor___raw___wallpaper_by_e_122_ps

Whenever I think of Rotor, I think of the purple design. The gray season 1 design fit better with SatAM's more muted pallet of colors, though, and the mouth looked less happy-goofy.

#7 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:36 PM

Whenever I think of Rotor, I think of the purple design.

I do too; I think it looks better.

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#8 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:50 PM

I must be in the minority for liking his season 1 look the best.

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,545 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

Anyone notice that blue/gray Rotor looks super depressed?

#10 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:23 AM

Depressed may be too strong a word. I'd say he looks dumpy. Or exhausted with life, but not to the point where he's ready to give up (just look how firm that thumbs-up is! This guy's ready for action!).

#11 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

I must be in the minority for liking his season 1 look the best.

Don't worry, I guess I am right along side ya!

So purple seems to be more popular in the Sonic community.  I personally preferred his grayish blue design because it looked more realistic when he was with the other characters.  I always thought his purple scheme made him stick out too much or made him look too bright.

That's actually one of the key principles which character designers follow when creating a cast of characters. By assigning each character a different color scheme, they instinctively become more recognizable to the viewer. The same thing applies to shape, personality and role. If it's done poorly, the characters would be less memorable. Part of me can't help but wonder if Rotor's duller color scheme was partly the reason for him being forgotten by some.

Sure, the grey/blue design might look more realistic, but this is a series that stars a blue hedgehog that can run at supersonic speeds. If the series was striving to be more realistic, they would've made Sonic brown and run at normal speeds - and that would've been boring. Had they stuck with the pilot designs, Sonic probably wouldn't have looked so out-of-place compared to the rest of the cast.

Good point.  To be honest, I never thought his color scheme looked dull in comparison to the other freedom fighters, but maybe it's just me.

I am siding with Frieza2000.  Just because he isn't smiling doesn't mean he is depressed.  If you have been hiding from Dr. Robotnik for years and never succeeded in freeing your family and friends, it can take its toll.  I actually like this approach to Rotor: a freedom fighter who is becoming weary of the fight but continues to give his best to help his friends.  Go Rotor!

gallery 51493 212 294091

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users