Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (12 February 2019 - 09:07 AM)

We got a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. 5e/2p

@  Clocktopus : (10 February 2019 - 03:18 PM)

grats?

@  Uncle Ben : (08 February 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Well, just about a month until I move into a new place

@  chief : (03 February 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Laura has been off the internet and VA path for some time. Though she has slowly come back and is working on a few things. But reaching her can be hard these days. I'm currently working with her on a few things but everything is just done via email or discord now and then. Our time zones usually screw up the discord bit.

@  Ishapar : (30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM)

So Kev, find anybody for the voice acting yet?

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 January 2019 - 09:29 AM)

Time of death... 10:25am

@  Uncle Ben : (20 January 2019 - 10:16 AM)

Snow's stopped, turning to rain.

@  Kev : (10 January 2019 - 10:34 AM)

Thanks I will give that a try.

@  GamemasterAn... : (10 January 2019 - 08:19 AM)

Could you go to voicebunny to find someone to voice Bunnie? (I'm sorry...I had to do it.)

@  Shadow : (10 January 2019 - 12:00 AM)

Try the website voicebunny to look for someone.

@  Uncle Ben : (06 January 2019 - 05:09 PM)

There's probably a few out there

@  Kev : (06 January 2019 - 03:26 AM)

Is there anyone else that can do a good Sally voice over?

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:57 AM)

She voiced my last cartoon, I did ask her but it's been months now and I've not heard anything back.

@  Sandata : (05 January 2019 - 08:49 AM)

I don't know if she's still active, but look up LauraOlsenBlue on youtube. Think she used to be on here too.

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:45 AM)

Can anyone here or does anyone know anybody that can replicate Sally's voice from Sonic SatAm. I am trying to make another cartoon but need someone to voice it.

@  Uncle Ben : (31 December 2018 - 09:07 PM)

Happy new year everyone

@  Uncle Ben : (29 December 2018 - 10:02 PM)

So I got back into playing Pokemon GO again. Been completing the field research challenges and I encountered a Shiny Moltres!

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 December 2018 - 07:41 PM)

Merry Christmas if you didn't see me say it in the creative corner

@  Uncle Ben : (25 December 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals

@  Sandata : (24 December 2018 - 03:02 PM)

Happy Christmas folks!

Photo

I Wish Sonic Fans Acted More Like Me Fans.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

In late 2007, Bioware released a truly legendary science-fiction tale about as humanity joins the center stage of the galaxy as it joins forces with all the other advanced species to stop a force that has consumed whole civilizations.

I'm talking about Mass Effect. It combined all the best elements from Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and a bit of Dune in such a way that feels like something unique. The graphics were spectacular, the plot was spectacular, the designs were spectacular, the voices were spectacular, the characters were spectacular, and the game-play was spectacular.

The name is a pun, both about how your choices have great consequences for the whole galaxy that carry into the future games in the series, as well as an element that humanity has discovered that can change its mass based upon electrical currents, which has enabled more technological advancements in the past 10000 combined years.

The growth of the fan-base was explosive, and the reviewers just loved it all over. But when the third game came out it had a very lopsided ending that didn't tie off the lose ends very well. When that happened it caused such an uproar it even made headline news around the world. Overnight there were petitions, facebook groups, letters being sent everywhere even to the United States government!

This is what a GOOD fanbase does. They KNOW what is good, and celebrate what has been done right. And when a horrible mistake is made, they fight like no tomorrow to correct it. I have never seen a fanbase with this much of a backbone, and as a result they have gained command of my respect.

My question is why can't Sonic fans act more like this? The fans of Mass Effect didn't just roll over and play dead and resort to excuses like "oh well, it's their company, they can do whatever they want". Neither did they let their fear of being labeled as fanboys get in the way. No, instead they fought back and did their very best to make their voices heard, and to an extent it worked.

And yes I know there are people complaining about stupid things in this fanbase (Sonic's green eyes, Jason vs Griffith, people who think some mobians are attractive), but why should people who complain about the trivial crap monopolize all the attention? The stupid ones are making THEIR voices heard, so why can't we do the same? Unless something COUNTERS this people will just keep thinking in greater and greater numbers that all sonic fans are insane, and it would be more hard work to find the GOOD ones. Ones who understand that not everything sonic related is good, and that not everything sonic related is bad. Ones who act more like Mass Effect Fans.

And if you think this is a stretch, think again. The folks at Bioware mention that there is far more depth to Sonic's world than most people realize and it ought to be put to use, the EXACT same argument I have been using for years. (Of course it will be far more difficult to do so because SOMEONE is going on a lawsuit rampage.) So basically we OUGHT to make our voices heard, and don't be too afraid of shoving things down the throats of others because if anything, the people having things shoved down their throats are the ones who offer no resistance.

Don't you think it's time we've had better?

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

https://www.change.o...-hedgehog-comic

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#2 Misk

Misk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

I...

I don't even know what to say.

you are...You are the very reason this entire fanbase is the joke of the internet.

It's because the fanbase is FILLED with people like you my thread where I talk about the games I liked was labelled as a confession thread.

You make the entire fanbase a hostile environment to anyone who has a different opinion. That is disgusting and sickening.

And then you treat those people who think differently like their opinions are less valid.

And then you...advocate shoving your opinions in other people's faces? USING THOSE EXACT WORDS PRETTY MUCH?

What is wrong with you? Why...How can you think this behavior is okay?! Why are there so many people like you who insanely believe that their opinions are facts?!

What is...how is...

I'm just....at a loss. I'm at a complete loss for this.

#3 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

I...

you are...You are the very reason this entire fanbase is the joke of the internet.

It's because the fanbase is FILLED with people like you my thread where I talk about the games I liked was labelled as a confession thread.

You make the entire fanbase a hostile environment to anyone who has a different opinion. That is disgusting and sickening.

And then you treat those people who think differently like their opinions are less valid.

And then you...advocate shoving your opinions in other people's faces? USING THOSE EXACT WORDS PRETTY MUCH?

What is wrong with you? Why...How can you think this behavior is okay?! Why are there so many people like you who insanely believe that their opinions are facts?!

What is...how is...

I'm just....at a loss. I'm at a complete loss for this.

I don't understand what is wrong at all. It's not like I'm TRYING to destroy the other universes.

And it's not that people have different opinions, it's how logically they are argued.

And here is the thing. You just labeled me as a fanatic for simply disagreeing with YOU. So how do I know YOU are not guilty of the same thing you just accused ME of?

Seriously, why should the people who complain about all the little things get all the attention, and the people who complain about the important things be marginalized? Isn't THAT unfair to people with differing opinions?

Seriously, what do you think my tactics even are? I'm not even completely sure what they are. Just calm down for a second.

Edit: Wait, did you even READ my first post? When I said ME fans , I didn't mean me personally, ME is an abbreviation for Mass Effect.

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

#4 Misk

Misk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

I know that's what the title stands for. But now that you mentioned it, the other way does sum up your general attitude.

It's not that you're disagreeing that I have issue with, Luis. It's that you are blaming others for not seeing things the same way you do. You make it seem like it's their fault for actually liking something.

That is my problem. I have read your post, and your others, and it's just accusatory.

#5 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

It's not that you're disagreeing that I have issue with, Luis. It's that you are blaming others for not seeing things the same way you do. You make it seem like it's their fault for actually liking something.

No, that is not the problem. The problem is with those who DO agree with me but just roll over and take it. I'm totally at a loss for words as to why they allow this to happen to them.

If these people would put a real effort to this and made their voices heard, maybe so many stereotypes in the Sonic fanbase would not be so prevalent. Seriously, I'm tired of being accused of recoloring, especially since I rarely use any color at all! (Little joke of mine.)

#6 Misk

Misk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

So are you trying to tell me that people cannot possibly disagree with you?

Because that's what I'm getting, when we take what you said and apply it to a statement like this:

You know what this means. There are still 45% of "fans" who will swallow anything that is shoveled down their throats, unless they're unsure.

So basically, you're telling me that nobody could actually be disagreeing with you, they're just "rolling over and taking it."

Okay Louis.

#7 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Yes this is a harshly generalizing, straw-man attack on a very diverse sub-culture. If anything it is part of the problem(s) not the solution. We should ask why about certain things. Instead of merely generating antagonism....we should seek understanding through more polemical dialogue.

As for the EA analogy...It is very stretched. ME has a totally different demographic due to having a unified canon. And many fans are still displeased with the final cut of the series.Sonic has many canons and fans love himself for disparate reasons. It is a very different situation. And the issues referred about difficult people are found in all fandoms...

#8 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I...

I agree with Misk.

Even on DArt you are like this. If someone doesnt agree with your opinion you make them seem like they are whats bad about the fan base while in reality YOU and people with your same thought process is whats bad about the fanbase. You barely respect others opinions and make it a hostile environment to those people. When you "advocate," its almost sickening.

Saying people should believe in YOUR opinions and ideals about Sonic are just plain wrong. Normally i try to be the one in the middle but shit like this crosses the line for me. And before you say "i didnt read the post" i did. And i agree 100% what Misk has said and from looking at what you have done on DArt i have to agree. Its not the "ones who roll over and take it" fault, its people like YOU who make things worse. Dont even compare M.E. to Sonic cause they are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. If Reed where on here he'd rip you a new one about this as well.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#9 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

So are you trying to tell me that people cannot possibly disagree with you?

Because that's what I'm getting, when we take what you said and apply it to a statement like this:

Uh, no. That's not what I'm saying.

So basically, you're telling me that nobody could actually be disagreeing with you, they're just "rolling over and taking it."

Okay Louis.

No, what I actually said is THIS.

No, that is not the problem. The problem is with those who DO agree with me but just roll over and take it. I'm totally at a loss for words as to why they allow this to happen to them.

Even on DArt you are like this. If someone doesnt agree with your opinion you make them seem like they are whats bad about the fan base while in reality YOU and people with your same thought process is whats bad about the fanbase. You barely respect others opinions and make it a hostile environment to those people. When you "advocate," its almost sickening.

Respect is EARNED. At least I explain myself and ask questions to challenge the mind, instead of running around telling people to just "get over it".

But you know what, you are just making the assumption that what I'm doing applies to EVERYONE who disagrees with me.

Saying people should believe in YOUR opinions and ideals about Sonic are just plain wrong.

What's so wrong about people sharing my beliefs? I think you should word that a little better.

Normally i try to be the one in the middle but shit like this crosses the line for me. And before you say "i didnt read the post" i did. And i agree 100% what Misk has said and from looking at what you have done on DArt i have to agree. Its not the "ones who roll over and take it" fault, its people like YOU who make things worse. Dont even compare M.E. to Sonic cause they are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT things. If Reed where on here he'd rip you a new one about this as well.

First of all, calm down. Second of all, WHAT have I done on DA that is so terrible? How have I made things worse? Could you be a little more specific? Sure I may have misunderstood something but that didn't make me COMPLETELY wrong. I was just trying to give people an alternative. As for the ME analogy, yes there IS a difference. For starters the fans are fighting back, that is the whole point of this topic. However, ME has more in common with Sonic than you may realize.

But if you really think I'm trouble, you have no idea how sheltered you really are. I'm not one of those people who drop people's sensitive personal information, spam their inbox's with racist, homophobic, and anti-semetic slurs, create dozens of sock-puppet accounts to get around being being blocked every day, and illegally filing false copyright infringement notices. It's not my style. Compared to all of that, I'm a saint. Can YOU honestly say you've ever dealt with people that bad?

Finally, why are we even having this argument? I thought our goals were the same. And yet we still fight among ourselves. This is actually more or less what I was talking about. What are we SUPPOSED to do? What would YOUR tactics be? How would you do things different? You claim that I'm more or less trying to silence people who disagree with me and yet right now I'm trying to give you a chance to prove how your ways are better than mine.

And keep in mind I'm trying to stay as calm as I can.

#10 Misk

Misk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

But you know what, you are just making the assumption that what I'm doing applies to EVERYONE who disagrees with me.

That's because that's exactly what you've been telling us with these posts.

You claim that I'm more or less trying to silence people who disagree with me and yet right now I'm trying to give you a chance to prove how your ways are better than mine.

See there's the problem right there.

Firstly, you assume that one way has to be better than another way.

And second;y you assume everyone agrees that something has to be done at all.

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

Respect is EARNED. At least I explain myself and ask questions to challenge the mind, instead of running around telling people to just "get over it".

And i'm pretty sure everyone here just lost all respect for you, if you even had any to begin with, just by saying that.

But if you really think I'm trouble, you have no idea how sheltered you really are.

And dont fucking call me "sheltered"

You claim that I'm more or less trying to silence people who disagree with me and yet right now I'm trying to give you a chance to prove how your ways are better than mine.

See there's the problem right there.

And second;y you assume everyone agrees that something has to be done at all.

Agreed with Misk again

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#12 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

I may be responsible for what I say, but not for how people interpret it. I'm not assuming that everyone agrees with me. That would be quite foolish on my part because this topic ALONE is evidence to the contrary. I'm primarily talking about the ones who DO agree with me already. I wish THESE people would act like Mass Effect fans. And if they did I believe we would not be having the problems we have right now. But I guess we will never know.

Well, not necessarily, now that I think about it. I guess the only real way is to put them to the test.

And i'm pretty sure everyone here just lost all respect for you, if you even had any to begin with, just by saying that.

But it DOES have to be earned, does it not? Also, isn't THAT an action of assuming everyone agrees with you? The same thing you're accusing me of?

And dont fucking call me "sheltered"

You basically ignored the point I was trying to make. How am what I am doing on DA any worse than the examples of what I had to deal with? I just want one example.

As for everyone else, if you want to know what my REAL plan is, look up the topic "An offer of peace" here at FUS. People here actually thought it was a good idea. If you like that universe, you can have that universe, if you like THAT universe, you can have THAT universe. No one has to feel conflicted ever again.

Also, be careful when reading in between the lines, you might see something that is not actually there.

#13 Misk

Misk

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Speaking of ignoring points, I like how you ignored my second line.

#14 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

ENOUGH!  

We're not having this argument in TWO THREADS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users