Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Uncle Ben : (12 February 2019 - 09:07 AM)

We got a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. 5e/2p

@  Clocktopus : (10 February 2019 - 03:18 PM)

grats?

@  Uncle Ben : (08 February 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Well, just about a month until I move into a new place

@  chief : (03 February 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Laura has been off the internet and VA path for some time. Though she has slowly come back and is working on a few things. But reaching her can be hard these days. I'm currently working with her on a few things but everything is just done via email or discord now and then. Our time zones usually screw up the discord bit.

@  Ishapar : (30 January 2019 - 02:40 PM)

So Kev, find anybody for the voice acting yet?

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 January 2019 - 09:29 AM)

Time of death... 10:25am

@  Uncle Ben : (20 January 2019 - 10:16 AM)

Snow's stopped, turning to rain.

@  Kev : (10 January 2019 - 10:34 AM)

Thanks I will give that a try.

@  GamemasterAn... : (10 January 2019 - 08:19 AM)

Could you go to voicebunny to find someone to voice Bunnie? (I'm sorry...I had to do it.)

@  Shadow : (10 January 2019 - 12:00 AM)

Try the website voicebunny to look for someone.

@  Uncle Ben : (06 January 2019 - 05:09 PM)

There's probably a few out there

@  Kev : (06 January 2019 - 03:26 AM)

Is there anyone else that can do a good Sally voice over?

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:57 AM)

She voiced my last cartoon, I did ask her but it's been months now and I've not heard anything back.

@  Sandata : (05 January 2019 - 08:49 AM)

I don't know if she's still active, but look up LauraOlsenBlue on youtube. Think she used to be on here too.

@  Kev : (05 January 2019 - 08:45 AM)

Can anyone here or does anyone know anybody that can replicate Sally's voice from Sonic SatAm. I am trying to make another cartoon but need someone to voice it.

@  Uncle Ben : (31 December 2018 - 09:07 PM)

Happy new year everyone

@  Uncle Ben : (29 December 2018 - 10:02 PM)

So I got back into playing Pokemon GO again. Been completing the field research challenges and I encountered a Shiny Moltres!

@  ShenFNWoo : (25 December 2018 - 07:41 PM)

Merry Christmas if you didn't see me say it in the creative corner

@  Uncle Ben : (25 December 2018 - 04:20 PM)

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals

@  Sandata : (24 December 2018 - 03:02 PM)

Happy Christmas folks!

Photo

The Fastest Thing Alive

speed sonic rivals jet shadow extream gear metal sonic

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

So I was "playing" Sonic Riders... or one of them... and it occurred to me that Sonic's claim to be the fastest thing alive is pretty much accurate, and all his rivals claiming that title are kinda blowing smoke. 

The One that I noticed immediately was Jet the Hawk. Jet claims he's faster than Sonic, except he's always racing on an Extream Gear. How can Jet claim HE is faster than Sonic when his speed is in the board not himself?

The same rolls over for Shadow. He can only keep up with Sonic when he switches to hover skates. Once again the speed isn't in him.

They can both handle Sonic speeds and they both must have incredible reaction time in order to function at those speeds, but if Sonic is keeping up with them on foot... it only proves how fast he is. In fact I don't think Jet can even compare on foot because he gets winded. 

And his whole claim (which could have been a true factor, since flying things tend to be faster than running things) that Sonic is only the fastest on land, while Jet is fastest in the air, is faulty. HE'S nto the one flapping his "wings". He's riding on the skateboard! 

I can't claim I'm faster than an Olympic sprinter when I'm riding my bike versus their running speed. 

The weird racecar uncle from Sonic X is the worst of the rivals. I mean seriously, he's driving. I think it's pretty clear who personally is faster. 

Then I got to thinking about Metal Sonic. Rocket on his back included, he's the only Rival that can move at Sonic speeds without using an outside tool. That rocket is inside him. ... But as a Robot can he even claim he's Alive? 

Anyway... those where just my thoughts on how no one comes close to Sonic's speed and those who claim they do, aren't really. 

What are your guys' thoughts?

Posted Image

#2 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

In the Archie comics, it's mentioned that Sonic got his incredible running speeds by wandering into his Uncle Chuck's laboratory and either got bombarded by one of his uncle's experiments or inhaled some chemical fumes. I can't remember which.

And in one episode of "Underground", it's shown that Sonic and his siblings get their abilities from their medallions. If his is taken away, he looses his speed and is forced to walk instead.

So in the end, Sonic may still be cheating.

#3 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'll give you that for underground. I vote Archie's method is just super powers awaking. Spidey Sense is still spiderman's precognition, but the batmobile's speed is not batman's speed. 

Posted Image

#4 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

In the Archie comics, it's mentioned that Sonic got his incredible running speeds by wandering into his Uncle Chuck's laboratory and either got bombarded by one of his uncle's experiments or inhaled some chemical fumes. I can't remember which.

....nope.  They never really covered the origin of Sonic's Super Speed.  He just has it.  For some dumb reason. 

#5 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Well, it was covered in the original four-issue miniseries, if I recall correctly. Of course, none of that has been canon for a long time.

#6 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

Well, it was covered in the original four-issue miniseries, if I recall correctly. Of course, none of that has been canon for a long time.

Now with this damn reboot as well

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#7 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Actually, the mini-series was still canon to a certain extent (though some bits were later retconed). They told the story of the Freedom Fighters' first major struggles with Robotnik's forces.

It's later revealed that the earlier issues happened back when Sonic was only eight-years-old. If so, this easily explains the goofier/campy nature of the earlier issues; the Freedom Fighters were just kids partaking in the war against Robotnik. And since Sonic was the narrator for most of these issues, you could argue that he was just recollecting his nostalgic memories to the audience (considering his tendency to exaggerate things).

#8 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Now with this damn reboot as well

These haven't been Canon a lot longer than the reboot.  

Actually, the mini-series was still canon to a certain extent (though some bits were later retconed). They told the story of the Freedom Fighters' first major struggles with Robotnik's forces.

It's later revealed that the earlier issues happened back when Sonic was only eight-years-old. If so, this easily explains the goofier/campy nature of the earlier issues; the Freedom Fighters were just kids partaking in the war against Robotnik. And since Sonic was the narrator for most of these issues, you could argue that he was just recollecting his nostalgic memories to the audience (considering his tendency to exaggerate things).

Except the early issues greatly contradict how the Freedom Fighters met and were formed.  Also one part was a dream Sonic had that was ambiguously canon even then.  The Origins established in the mini-series aren't really to be taken seriously. 

#9 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Except the early issues greatly contradict how the Freedom Fighters met and were formed. Also one part was a dream Sonic had that was ambiguously canon even then. The Origins established in the mini-series aren't really to be taken seriously.

As I said, some bit were retconed in later issues, but the events themselves still happened to a certain extent. For example, in issue 57, the events of the miniseries are shown, but with certain retcons; like Uncle Chuck being depicted as an actual Robian instead of just being hypnotized. Since Sonic was the one telling the origin story, you could assume he was simply simplifying the events for the audience (considering he was only five-years-old at the time).

#10 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

But in the same issue it is established that he only just met Sally for the first time, but later it was changed to them knowing each other before the take over. So as I said, anything in those issues is questionable at best and shouldn't be taken seriously.

#11 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

But in the same issue it is established that he only just met Sally for the first time, but later it was changed to them knowing each other before the take over. So as I said, anything in those issues is questionable at best and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Again, it was probably Sonic simplifying the story for the audience to fallow.

#12 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

I dunno origin story or not Superpowers are still you. Sonic may not have been born the fastest thing alive but he is the fastest thing alive now. Shadow's Skates and Jet's board are not part of them. Skilled yes, but the fastest thing... I just can't see it as a fair comparison to the hedgehog on foot. 

Posted Image

#13 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I dunno origin story or not Superpowers are still you. Sonic may not have been born the fastest thing alive but he is the fastest thing alive now. Shadow's Skates and Jet's board are not part of them. Skilled yes, but the fastest thing... I just can't see it as a fair comparison to the hedgehog on foot.

Actually, Shadow's shoes aren't really skates. The flames you see flowing from his soles is actually chaos energy generated by him; so he actually does have super powers.

#14 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Actually, Shadow's shoes aren't really skates. The flames you see flowing from his soles is actually chaos energy generated by him; so he actually does have super powers.

They are officially known as Hover Shoes and Air Shoes.  Just saying.

#15 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

They are officially known as Hover Shoes and Air Shoes.  Just saying.

Yeah I've never heard of them being vents. If it were true it would change the argument though.

Posted Image

#16 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

They are officially known as Hover Shoes and Air Shoes. Just saying.

Really? I was under the impression that it was all generated by his chaos abilities. Like during his introduction in SA2, he looks down at his flaming feet and says "Behold, the true power I possess."; implying it was a special skill of his.

Plus, what kind if power are those inhibitor rings he's wearing withholding exactly?

#17 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Shadow's speed comes from him manipulating the emeralds, yes.  

But they are hover shoes.  

#18 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

Ain't No Party Like A Superkick Party

• Moderators
  • 13,499 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Plus, what kind if power are those inhibitor rings he's wearing withholding exactly?

My guess raw strength and whatever he got from Black Doom

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#19 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

When are they called inhibitor rings? I thought they were just decoration... like Amy's! O.O 

Posted Image

#20 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,501 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

When are they called inhibitor rings? I thought they were just decoration... like Amy's! O.O

Only in Sonic X and sonic 06, but it is generally accepted as such.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: speed, sonic, rivals, jet, shadow, extream gear, metal sonic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users