Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Ishapar : (09 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Shame to hear about that. How old was he?

@  RedG : (06 December 2019 - 06:04 PM)

Sorry to hear, Wulfsbane. My condolences.

@  Wulfsbane : (05 December 2019 - 10:43 PM)

My grandfather passed on the 17th.

@  chief : (30 November 2019 - 03:32 PM)

oh?

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

This year's Thanksgiving was a lot tougher than normal.

@  Wulfsbane : (28 November 2019 - 07:14 PM)

Same to you.

@  RedAuthar : (28 November 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Happy American Turkey Day

@  chief : (09 November 2019 - 02:20 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  Shadow : (31 October 2019 - 10:44 AM)

H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

Photo

What If Rotor Walrus Was Killed In A Sonic Comic Book?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainSonic

CaptainSonic

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

What if Rotor Walrus were killed in a Sonic comic book? Would it darken the comic book series?

#2 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Odd. Why is it that Rotor is always the one whenever the topic of Freedom Fighter deaths comes up? It's like everyone is harboring some kind of vendetta against him.

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:37 PM

Rotor brings the least to the table in the comics. Sally, NICOLE, and Tails all have the tech head/mechanic/computer role. He's the easiest to chop without breaking up the dynamic.

That said, because of it not greatly affecting the team dynamic, this also makes him the worst to cut as it has no major loss. Sure the characters would be upset, but it wouldn't be as jarring as when Sally or Antione "died". And since Rotor has been mostly behind scenes lately, even after the reboot, it wouldn't have quite as big impact on the fans.

So would it make it darker? Depends on how it would pan out. Just to outright kill him would belittling of the character. It needs to be either a tragic loss or a noble sacrifice. His death has to have meaning, otherwise it comes off Shadow the Hedgehog Dark and not Empire Strikes Back Dark.

#4 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

I've told you, "what if" threads like this do not make for good discussion. I have never seen one that went anywhere.

#5 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

I've told you, "what if" threads like this do not make for good discussion. I have never seen one that went anywhere.

"What If" threads could still work if there's something interesting worth discussing about it. If the question asked were a bit more specific than it would be a debate worth having.

#6 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

Tails would take his place and nothing important would be lost.

#7 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Tails would take his place and nothing important would be lost.

There's still the dilemma with Tundra to consider, though.

#8 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:25 AM

I'd miss the walrus, that's for sure.  If writers focused more on Rotor, I doubt his role would seem insignificant along with the other FFs.  Currently, I think his death would make things dark if it was done in the right manner and I believe the best way is for it to affect the other FFs more than the reader's own emotions.  Losing a close comrade (both friend and soldier) weighs heavily on a person's shoulders, so you can believe that his death would affect the other FFs.  If you tied his death due to the action (or inaction) of a major character (Sonic/Tails), that death will probably be a major blow.

TBH, though, why would you want to kill Rotor?  I love the guy, and I wish he was given more spotlight.

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#9 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

TBH, though, why would you want to kill Rotor?  I love the guy, and I wish he was given more spotlight.

I guess it's because most people see him as a pointless addition now that Tails is recognized as the "official" mechanic (even though he's more of a pilot). Nevertheless, it's still a pretty harsh reason to have him killed. I mean, you don't see people wanting to kill Cream because she happens to be another little kid that can fly. Is it that bad to have two genius inventors on a team?

As for Rotor having more spotlight, something tells me that there might be more to come between him and his abusive father (should the comics ever resume).

#10 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

I've figured out what bugs me about these what-if topics: the OP never participates in them. They just drop the what-if and leave without ever offering their own take on it. We don't even know if they bother to keep track of the thread.

#11 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

So basically we are all being baited into discussing these what-ifs while the op just sits back and munches on popcorn.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#12 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

I've figured out what bugs me about these what-if topics: the OP never participates in them. They just drop the what-if and leave without ever offering their own take on it. We don't even know if they bother to keep track of the thread.

Yeah this guy seems to drop in randomly, makes said topic, and leave. i dunno if he's watching or not or perhaps collecting our responses for something.

It irks me too

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#13 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

Meh. Considering how infrequently we post, I dun really care. The topic is also only 3 days old. Maybe he just had a chance to reply yet.

#14 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,503 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

He never came back to the other one he posted.

#15 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,575 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:23 PM

He never came back to the other one he posted.

...nobody asked for your logic and deduction.

#16 ShenFNWoo

ShenFNWoo

Order of Swords Final Boss

• Fellow FUSer
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

Ouch.

My art:  http://shen-fn-woo.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffini.../shenfuckinwoo/

Advertising the community "The Free Scrubs of Mobius".  Free of everything valuable, including humor.  Let them help you with your personal online conflicts, while ignoring your IRL struggles.  Participating in such honest activities as trying to undermine another community's right to govern their site by stealing their users.  Their banner:  http://orig08.devian...woo-db57bnk.png

#17 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:46 AM

Come on, let's not get into a fight about people's logic.  Kef has a point that the op never replied to his other post, but Red also has a point in that it has only been around a week since the op posted this topic.  All that we can do now is wait and see.  If the guy posts another topic and does the same thing, then Kef's suspisians could be valid.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#18 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Both sides have valid points. This guy made one other topic and made no effort to continue or add to the discussion. Yet this is only a few days old so who knows.

It would be a lot better if OP participates. Dropping in to make a topic and then leave without participating kinda irks me

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#19 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

Give it a couple more days.  If the op makes another post, then you might want to send him a message.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#20 ShenFNWoo

ShenFNWoo

Order of Swords Final Boss

• Fellow FUSer
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:59 AM

At least now I know who gets along with who here.

My art:  http://shen-fn-woo.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffini.../shenfuckinwoo/

Advertising the community "The Free Scrubs of Mobius".  Free of everything valuable, including humor.  Let them help you with your personal online conflicts, while ignoring your IRL struggles.  Participating in such honest activities as trying to undermine another community's right to govern their site by stealing their users.  Their banner:  http://orig08.devian...woo-db57bnk.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users