Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

@  Wulfsbane : (10 August 2019 - 05:27 AM)

I've been busy with work. A lot of OT recently

@  Shadow : (09 August 2019 - 01:06 AM)

I just don't have much to say.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

I must be a very loud person.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:12 AM)

On a different note. I've been using my phone to visit FUS for so long that I haven't used the Shoutbox in about a year. Still top Shouter somehow.

@  RedAuthar : (07 August 2019 - 11:11 AM)

Fixed it. If you use the full editor on a shout you can link the Video using text.

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

though interesting fact...Kef is working on new forum software!

@  chief : (31 July 2019 - 07:00 PM)

It breaks it....

Photo

Sea3On (Animated) Thread

Sea3on Animated Thread

• Please log in to reply
956 replies to this topic

#941 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

*sighs* What Kef said is true; at least with regards to U.S. copyright law.  Different countries have different laws though & I know nothing about the copyright laws in Japan.

Fair Use covers transformative works, such as using a brief clip in a movie review or writing a parody.  Check out Rich Stim's blog about measuring fair use if ya need more information.

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#942 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 04:30 PM

Would Sega be against us doing this?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#943 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,563 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

Would Sega be against us doing this?

That's the real question. They were okay with Eddie's fanfilm (as far as I'm aware) so this they may be okay with

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#944 Frieza2000

Frieza2000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:29 AM

That's something I've been meaning to find out about. Eddie's film had a $15,000 budget, and he collected donations. That was about as high-profile as fan projects get. Does anyone know if he spoke to Sega about it first? Sega's behavior 5 years ago may not be indicative of what they'd do now since SoA underwent major restructuring after Boom dropped, but it's a hopeful sign.

#945 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:53 AM

Is there a way we could contact Sega?  Do we just send an email or give them slow mail?

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#946 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:25 PM

We were in touch with them back then.  Again stuff I cant really talk about.   Also was in touch with Eddie and on how he did things..Also stuff I cant really talk about. 

Would I be interested in picking this back up again?  For sure.  But right now my personal priority lies with the comic. 

#947 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 03:11 PM

If the comic was made into a series it would have to be altered to make it more episodic. Self contained three act structures, you know?

#948 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:18 PM

We were in touch with them back then.  Again stuff I cant really talk about.   Also was in touch with Eddie and on how he did things..Also stuff I cant really talk about. 

Would I be interested in picking this back up again?  For sure.  But right now my personal priority lies with the comic. 

Ok, no need to get into stuff that can't be discussed.

I want to see the comic get rolling again, but it is nice to keep bringing this idea for future projects.  Just talking about it is the first step to making something happen, no matter the time it takes to make it happen.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#949 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

It also wouldn't hurt to scout animation talent for hire if the opportunity ever arose.

#950 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:58 PM

Back to the planning stage then, huh.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#951 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

OK, Im new here and have just skimmed over this thread.

Firstly, it would be a dream come true to see an animated season 3 come to fruition.

I suggested the idea of kickstarter some time back on a sea3on youtube clip, but i was never aware that this had been planned so far back.

On the subject of legality, I say just keep a low profile and work behind the scenes.

Kickstarter could draw alot of unnecessary attention.

Oh, and host the videos on RuTube, if its hosted on a foriegn server (russia hardly enforce copyright) then there is little that can be done. There are plenty of other sites where the content could be hosted outside of US or Japan's jurisdiction.

Im involved in cryptocurrencies and I could help use bitcoin or other cryptocurrency platforms such as NEM to do crowdfunding on.

SEGA have not done anything to take down the sea3on comics on youtube etc, so i think its all good under fair use, as long as its kept not for profit etc. I dont know what has been said to SEGA, but its proably better to say little if nothing, unless some confidential agreement has already been made.

OK, now there is tons of debate over Dulcy, yes i never liked her either in season 2, although I do admit that she did grow on me as i watched more of season 2. I guess a way to write her off may be a good idea, only needs to be a few lines.

Ironically i feel that more people seem to hate Antoine, but he was original cast and never bothered me.

Another thing i never liked in season 2 was how rotor was redesigned and never went on missions, i think his character could slowly be bought back to how it was in season 1, as he was one of my favourite characters.

Other questions i have, are will this be hand animation with painted cels or done through computer and graphics tablets etc?

Obviously we want it to look in keeping with the original seasons, but more refined etc.

Will we be reusing the same intro? Or will we redesign everything for 16:9 widescreen ratio or stay on 4:3 as the original seasons?

Either way, im happy with the sea3on storyline, but will be a dream come true to see a real sea3on or even a se4son if this proves successful.

Perhaps SEGA will see it and think its so great, that they may even decide its worth airing and give you credit or even pay the team to develop it further?

Who knows, i find it unlikely, but you just dont know what could come from it!

#952 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:18 AM

Thanks for the input and the offers.  I am not sure of what FUS planned as far as making an animated Sea3on, but I believe it would be best to try to match the art style used previously in the show.

Before we can work with animation, however, FUS needs to finish the comic.  I have been talking to Chief, and the main issue holding us back is finances.  I am waiting to hear from Chief on how much is needed to start the next chapter (foot tapping...).  If the money needed is in my budget, I may try to give us a jumpstart so we can resume the comic.  If we continue with the comic, we may come to the possibilities of an animated season 3; but we need to show interest to finish our current project before expanding further into more complex projects.

Nzoomed, I am not sure of the legal issues regarding Sea3on, but I agree that the work should be done more in low profile: Sega is probably aware of the Sea3on comic, but they may not make it an issue as long as it doesn't interfere with their sales.  We respect Sega, but we also seek to continue a story they let go of.  At the same time, let's try to show that respect and try to keep within the legal boundaries of the law.  If Sega does contact us, then we need to communicate with them.

If you do want to help, help contact Chief and ask him the current amount needed for the next chapter in Sea3on.  That is the only roadblock from continuing Sea3on so the sooner we get an answer, the sooner I can respond.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#953 chief

chief

An7imatt3r was here =p

• Admins
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:30 PM

Sega knows of us. So does Archie. Had talks with Sega before. As well as some Archie people. Like Ian Flynn and so on. Chatted with him a few years ago at sdcc. Same with a few guys involved with Sega. Plus other email contacts we once had.

#954 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:12 AM

What is their stand with Sea3on and FUS?  Are they okay with our activity?

gallery 51493 212 294091

#955 nzoomed

nzoomed

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the input and the offers.  I am not sure of what FUS planned as far as making an animated Sea3on, but I believe it would be best to try to match the art style used previously in the show.

Before we can work with animation, however, FUS needs to finish the comic.  I have been talking to Chief, and the main issue holding us back is finances.  I am waiting to hear from Chief on how much is needed to start the next chapter (foot tapping...).  If the money needed is in my budget, I may try to give us a jumpstart so we can resume the comic.  If we continue with the comic, we may come to the possibilities of an animated season 3; but we need to show interest to finish our current project before expanding further into more complex projects.

Nzoomed, I am not sure of the legal issues regarding Sea3on, but I agree that the work should be done more in low profile: Sega is probably aware of the Sea3on comic, but they may not make it an issue as long as it doesn't interfere with their sales.  We respect Sega, but we also seek to continue a story they let go of.  At the same time, let's try to show that respect and try to keep within the legal boundaries of the law.  If Sega does contact us, then we need to communicate with them.

If you do want to help, help contact Chief and ask him the current amount needed for the next chapter in Sea3on.  That is the only roadblock from continuing Sea3on so the sooner we get an answer, the sooner I can respond.

OK sounds good, I did not know there were more sea3on chapters to come!

Interesting that Jalel White managed was used as the voice of Sonic in the recent film by Eddie Lebron.

I would be interested to know if he faced any legal issues with Sega, as It appears he did not, unless he paid some form of licensing?

I do know with alot of voice actors, that even their own voice they use for a particular character becomes IP under their contracts alot of the time and cannot be used without permission. I know this is the case with Nancy Cartwright doing Bart Simpson.

Either way, we owe it to ourselves as fans to make this happen, and i know eventually it will, just needs time and dedication.

#956 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:44 AM

I think the reason why Cartwright got into licensing trouble was due to one instance where she used Bart Simpson as part of an ad promoting the Church of Scientology, an organization that’s rather infamous for its methods of gaining money.

In comparison, Jaleel White lent his voice of Sonic to a non-profit fan film that was simply made in honor of the character. This is the same reason why you don’t see voice actors getting into legal trouble whenever they appear on podcasts or interviews showcasing their wide range of characters.

#957 GeekySonic

GeekySonic

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 14 posts

Posted A week ago

Yo, reading through this is a real blast to the past. Can't believe work on Sea3on Animated began when I was 13. I'm not sure if I even knew what SatAM was at the time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sea3on, Animated, Thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users