Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (24 March 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I'm still waiting to see if my attempts to sign up for EI have gone through or not. Phone lines are impossible to get through.

@  furrykef : (23 March 2020 - 05:58 PM)

There's talk that they may have found a cure for the virus. Here's hoping.

@  A Fox in a D... : (22 March 2020 - 07:27 PM)

Yeah, our D&D sessions and just going out for drinks at local breweries is basically gone right now. We're thinking of doing remote sessions but it's still not the same.

@  Wulfsbane : (22 March 2020 - 03:28 PM)

It just sucks cause my friends and I can't do our usual weekend stuff cause most of the restaurants we go to are closed or takeout only

@  furrykef : (22 March 2020 - 11:20 AM)

I know exactly how you feel.

@  A Fox in a D... : (22 March 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Yeah, there's a part of me that, as an introvert, should be totally OK with the concept of staying home. But there's also a huge part of me that is incredibly unnerved by the concept of having the choice taken away. Before, it felt like something I wanted to do, but now it just feels lonely and sad.

@  A Fox in a D... : (22 March 2020 - 10:38 AM)

Ah, no worries. Thanks for clarifying. <3

@  Wulfsbane : (22 March 2020 - 05:31 AM)

I absolutely recognize that this is going to have a change in how we do things, for better or for worse. There's going to be some positive changes out of this and some negative changes as well. I get this is something we haven't seen in 100 years.

If I came off as insensitive, I should apologize and explained what I meant a bit more.

@  Wulfsbane : (22 March 2020 - 05:23 AM)

You misunderstand. My daily life consists of me going to work and going home. When I order food out I usually get take out anyways. See I work 2nd shift so my options of what I can/can't do is limited by time anyways and hasn't effected me as much, the only real thing being I can't sit down at the diner when I get out at 11pm-12am on a Friday night. So when I say I'm not changing much of my daily life it's because my routine is at a point where my interactions with people, in person, are limited to begin with

@  A Fox in a D... : (20 March 2020 - 11:01 AM)

Regardless of how you feel Covid affects you personally, there's an absolute change this puts on everyone globally, especially small businesses and at-risk people. It will influence how we look at the media landscape, how we deliver entertainment and services, and workplace practices going forward, some long term, some short, some good and some bad. These sort of pandemics don't come around with zero wake, and we've already seen that and are seeing it right now. If you don't think anything is different, then you aren't looking hard enough.

@  A Fox in a D... : (20 March 2020 - 10:09 AM)

No, Covid is it's already costing businesses and lives, and it's made life difficult for just about everyone I know, particularly in my industry where we've having to scramble to ship games from home. What you're doing is unwise and irresponsible, and you're not the only person in existence, so you can keep your "not really".

@  Wulfsbane : (19 March 2020 - 08:57 PM)

Not really. I'm still going about it as if nothing's different

@  GetCrazyWith... : (18 March 2020 - 06:48 PM)

Covid is going to screw up all our lives

@  RedAuthar : (17 March 2020 - 09:43 PM)

I know your pain Ben, I know your pain...

@  Shadow : (16 March 2020 - 08:13 PM)

Lucky you.

@  Wulfsbane : (16 March 2020 - 05:16 AM)

I still gotta work

@  A Fox in a D... : (16 March 2020 - 12:03 AM)

It's only boring if you make it so. I'm stuffing my quarantine with as much art as I can muster.

@  furrykef : (13 March 2020 - 07:16 AM)

Stupid COVID-19 got chess club canceled. I guess I should prepare myself for a particularly boring next few months.

@  furrykef : (24 February 2020 - 08:05 PM)

Don't post videos in the Shoutbox.

@  bwrosas : (23 February 2020 - 10:06 PM)

Photo

Other Revival Ideas

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

I have to say, the petition is doing really well. However, if I've learned anything from being a filmmaker, it's that you must have a plan A, plan B, plan C, and a plan D. Does anybody have any other ideas in bringing SatAM back?
I won't give up! I will put SatAM Sonic back on the air!

#2 randomizer

randomizer

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

A pitch perhaps?

*sniggers*

#3 acstrife

acstrife

THE LAW!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 734 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

Random you are bad, but nicely said.
Glory lasts forever

#4 Massagraf

Massagraf

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

For starterz, I think having a word with Ben Hurst will help a lot.

#5 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

I've been convinced for a while now that I wouldn't want a revival, and probably many of us wouldn't either (even some of those who think they would). There's no way that the revived show would be the same show; it's been too long, it would be controlled by different executives, and those people would definitely try to impose their own vision upon it. And those executives are not going to see what we see in it. Likely result: It will suck.

Yep, reality sucks, but you can't change it.

- Kef

#6 salamander

salamander

You can do whatever you want in life.

• Sea3on Consultant
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:04 PM

Breakdancing competition! We can put all our fly moves together and stop those developers from wrecking our Youth Center.. I mean, revive satam..

Yeah, hate to be a negative nancy but I've been in the Sonic fandom for a long time and I've seen countless revival attempts come and go. Petitions, pitches, fan cartoons/movies, you name it, somebody's tried it at least twice. So unless there's some really out-there, boffo, surefire way of getting new episodes of satam made, I don't see it happening. Not to stop any of you guys from trying, though, more power to you..

#7 Morgan

Morgan

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

Same here. Many of us are skeptical since we have seen many pitches and petitions, etc attempted and with no success. That isn't to say don't even bother trying, but I wouldn't suggest getting your hopes too high as the chances of it happening are extremely low, if not nonexistent.

#8 Cheezmatt

Cheezmatt

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:57 PM

Nonsense! Once my popsicle stand idea takes hold we'll be living in a SatAM renaissance!
Posted Image

Aussie #3

#9 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

Gee guys, thanks for your confidence sleep.gif . To be honest, the petition is actually doing better than I hoped. It's actually reached 50 signatures! Besides, this topic is supposed to be for people who actually HAVE ideas for bringing the show back.

Sorry. It's just that you guys are seriously starting to get to me dry.gif . But I'd like for you to consider this:
We can all just talk about the old show, how good it was, and that it's too bad it was cancelled. But just what will it accomplish? I on the other hand, as well as some of the other members here at FUS, are not just going to stand around and be depressed about it. We're gonna do something about it. And even if the petition fails, I'll keep looking for ways to bring the show back. as my own quote goes:
"No matter how hard things get, never give up. The struggle will only make you stronger."

#10 wildfire

wildfire

Pro Lurker

• Fellow FUSer
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:35 PM

Dude, no one's berating your efforts. But being around as much as we have, we've seen it all come and go several times. The odds that SatAM will be reinvigorated exactly as we want it are ridiculously small. I for one stand with the Sea3son staff and their work as being the best revival we as fans will get. But I won't belittle what you're doing. Best of luck to all SatAM revival efforts. If worst comes to worst, I still have my boxset wink.gif
My X-Box LIVE Gamertag: a b1ue streak

Feel free to add me

3-22-05/8-23-11/2-17-12 Gone but never forgotten (I miss you guys)

#11 acstrife

acstrife

THE LAW!

• Fellow FUSer
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:19 AM

Im happy they got out a decent DVD boxset myself, that is the best I could hope for really in this day and age.
Glory lasts forever

#12 PSI Hedgehog

PSI Hedgehog

Priority one psychic alert. Wanted by the order of Giygas.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

Purchase more than 50% of each of the three companies' stock if you can afford it. (Assuming they are selling their own stock.) I can't remember if it is preferred stock or common stock, but one of them allows you to vote on issues. That is the one you want to buy.
Sally realized the power PK (PSI) Freedom α.

#13 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (PSI Hedgehog @ Jan 20 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Purchase more than 50% of each of the three companies' stock if you can afford it. (Assuming they are selling their own stock.) I can't remember if it is preferred stock or common stock, but one of them allows you to vote on issues. That is the one you want to buy.

3 companies? Isn't it only SEGA and Cookie Jar?

#14 PSI Hedgehog

PSI Hedgehog

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (EthanHedgehog @ Jan 22 2010, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PSI Hedgehog @ Jan 20 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3 companies? Isn't it only SEGA and Cookie Jar?

I was counting Archie Comics. Problems can arise if they have some rights to the characters. I am no legal expert though, so I could be wrong. My specialty is Math.

#15 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

[/quote]I was counting Archie Comics. Problems can arise if they have some rights to the characters. I am no legal expert though, so I could be wrong. My specialty is Math.
[/quote]

I don't think we have to worry about Archie Comics, since they lisence the characters from SEGA. The only problems that could arise is if we accidently took some of of the plots from Archie's Sonic comic. But that's highly unlikely, especially since a lot of people here don't like the comic too much.

#16 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

And some of us have never read and/or don't have access to the comics... So, any similarities that crop up from those of us would simply be examples of convergent thought...

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#17 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Besides PSI, considering how much that amount of stock would cost.... Well, let me put it this way:
Anyone here a millionare? But if we were to all buy stocks, that might be a different story. Although I doubt anybody's going to try that, I'll definitely keep that idea in mind. Ya know, I'm considering creating a website just for ideas to bring back SatAM. Anybody think that's a good idea?

#18 PSI Hedgehog

PSI Hedgehog

• Fellow FUSer
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:44 PM

True buying stock would be expense, so it would have to be a (huge) group effort.

#19 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

A controlling interest in a company like SEGA would be very difficult and cost more than a million dollars. Our best shot at controlling SEGA that way would probably have been back when they were dirt poor, which was about when they gave up the Dreamcast. Even then, it probably wasn't a realistic shot.

I don't know how many shares that SEGA is divided into; I'm having trouble just looking it up. Its stock symbol is SGAMY (for Sega Sammy). Even if the amount of money were within reach, though -- which it won't be -- it wouldn't mean that we'd be able to get a controlling interest. After all, to buy the shares, somebody has to sell them. If not enough people wanted to sell them, we'd be screwed.

It's also common for controlling interest to be held by company insiders, such as the CEO or a small group of executives, and if they do hold a majority, then we could forget it then and there: they're not going to want to give it up.

- Kef

#20 EthanHedgehog

EthanHedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:38 PM

For once (and I can't believe I'm saying this!) I agree with Kef. It's not a bad idea, but it just isn't possible. It would cost way too much. But I do admire your enthusiasm. Keep thinking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users