Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

Latest "sonic Boom" Episode

Sonic Boom episode episodes

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

Since the show has officially started, I figured we should have a thread discussing the latest aired episodes, instead of just writing our opinions on the other forum focused on the show's early previews.

With that said, the episodes "My Fair Sticky" and "Fortress of Squalitude". What did you guys think of them?

Personally, I thought the first one was okay. But for some reason, I didn't find the episode all-that memorable. That's not to say there weren't any memorable moments; the bits with gentleman Knuckles and his inability to read, that random chimpanzee character, the "Awardy Award" speech, as well as Eggman's register robot were funny. And once again, it was nice having another episode centered around Sticks, and her learning to embrace her true self. Again, not a bad episode, I just wish it was more memorable.

"Fortress of Squalitude", on the other hand, was a much better episode. It was funnier and, once again, Eggman stole the show. And in addition, Amy finally got an episode focused on her; having to fix-up the mad doctor's "evil" abode for a magazine dedicated to evil fortresses (yes, that actually exists). Who knew that Eggman was such a fop? The reviewer with the German accent and hipster attire/attitude cracked me up, and his reaction to Orbot & Cubot's laser-rave cherub costume act was hilarious!

Also, was that unicorn painting a reference to MLP:FiM? They had the same color schemes as the main cast. Subtle...

#2 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

The first episodes I couldn't watch. No cable anymore.

Hope they're on Youtube
image.jpg

#3 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:23 PM

Curiosity got the best of me and I caught these on Cartoon Network... I'm sorry I did. Horrible show. Clunky acting, bad character voices, nothing truly funny or interesting. Just plain awful...

Projection: If Intruder Organism reaches civilized areas...

Entire world population infected 27,000 hours from first contact.

#4 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

Curiosity got the best of me and I caught these on Cartoon Network... I'm sorry I did. Horrible show. Clunky acting, bad character voices, nothing truly funny or interesting. Just plain awful...

It's an aquired taste; since the show is targeted towards younger audiences. Not everything is perfect, but for what it's worth, I can appreciate it.

It's not as engaging as SatAM, but it was never trying to be in the first place. The show is a comedy with sitcom-inspired scenarios, not a dark/serious series about environment vs. pollution.

The acting (while different due to the new actors) is at least better than the games currently. They're allowed to show more emotion and the delivery alone generates some laughs. That, and Cindy Robinson's performance as Amy is a much-needed improvement compared to her recent depictions in the games.

The humor is hit-n'-miss for the most part, but it made me laugh more than AoStH (or even SatAM) ever did. The gags center around the characters' personalities and their interactions, rather than annoying slapstick and repetitive catchphrases.

#5 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:03 PM

I think you're being far too generous... Or simply that you've got far lower standards than I do... I'll flat out say that this show sucks.

#6 E122Psi

E122Psi

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

The gags center around the characters' personalities and their interactions, rather than annoying slapstick and repetitive catchphrases.

I have to applaud Boom just for this. It's definitely a very cheesy and over the top show of acquired taste, but it makes the characters and their personalities fun and matter first. That's something pretty much EVERY Sonic media struggles to do in some manner in the long run.

Comedy is not worse than serious, it just depends on taste and execution (though I agree Boom doesn't always succeed to be funny, and it's very early days).

#7 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

Finally watched the new episodes.

The reading gag killed me,

image.jpg

#8 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

I think you're being far too generous... Or simply that you've got far lower standards than I do... I'll flat out say that this show sucks.

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's just how the world is, no matter how hard some people try to change it.

For me, I like to look for positives in everything I watch or read. Even if it's a complete dud, I can find at least something to appreciate. For example: movies like "Troll in Central Park" and "Quest for Camelot" are bad in terms of storytelling and direction, but I can at least watch them for their top-notch quality animation and character designs.

Finally watched the new episodes.

The reading gag killed me,

Yup. That was also my favorite. xD

Also, who knew Knuckles was such a good piano player?

#9 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

The acting (while different due to the new actors) is at least better than the games currently. They're allowed to show more emotion and the delivery alone generates some laughs. That, and Cindy Robinson's performance as Amy is a much-needed improvement compared to her recent depictions in the games.

Really?  Cuz everyone besides Knuckles and Sticks sounds monotonous to me.  And Sonic didn't sound monotonous to me in the games so....

#10 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:13 PM

Really?  Cuz everyone besides Knuckles and Sticks sounds monotonous to me. And Sonic didn't sound monotonous to me in the games so....

Depends on which games you're referring to.

#11 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

Really?  Cuz everyone besides Knuckles and Sticks sounds monotonous to me. And Sonic didn't sound monotonous to me in the games so....

Depends on which games you're referring to.

The most recent I guess.  Sonic Lost World, Generations, and Colors.  

#12 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

The most recent I guess. Sonic Lost World, Generations, and Colors.

Eh... Not really feeling it. The performances in "Colors" and "Generations" weren't all that memorable in my book. The lackluster stories might've had something to do with it, since it all depends on how much investment you have in the characters. And all the characters (with the exception of Eggman) felt bland and flat. "Lost World" was a step in the right direction, but it too kinda fell on the wayside due to a clumsy narritive.

I think the new series has something to do with the new voice director, and the fact that they share the same recording studio where the record the tv series; having the right enviorment to act out their scenes together. Kinda unique compared to how most other video games are recorded.

#13 NeonBlack

NeonBlack

How cold is the sun

• Tech Guy
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

Episode 5:

"I have irritable bowl syndrome."

ಠ_ಠ

Si unde vara cade într-o joi
Acolo eu o sã mor
Ori buni, ori rãi, tot un mormînt!
În vînt…

ffn

#14 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

Just saw episode 5-6, They were really good.

Sticks is starting to become a good character.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#15 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:07 AM

Episode 5:

ಠ_ಠ

image.jpg

#16 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 07:21 AM

Episode 5:

ಠ_ಠ

I thought that was clever

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#17 stm858

stm858

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:22 PM

I think Knuckles has become a little too dumb in Boom, but it does give way to lots of good jokes. The reading glasses and getting accepted into the upper-class ranks gave me a good chuckle.

#18 Vlad Yvhv

Vlad Yvhv

"Non-Intruder Organism"

• Fellow FUSer
  • 5,708 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:22 PM

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's just how the world is, no matter how hard some people try to change it.

For me, I like to look for positives in everything I watch or read. Even if it's a complete dud, I can find at least something to appreciate. For example: movies like "Troll in Central Park" and "Quest for Camelot" are bad in terms of storytelling and direction, but I can at least watch them for their top-notch quality animation and character designs.

So, it's the former, then. :evo: This way, I don't have to worry about thinking less of your standards... I really don't care much when it comes to asthetics. Sure, fancy bells and whistles and stuff make for nice icing on a good cake, but even fancy, super-delicious icing can't save a crap-pile of a cake. Yes, you CAN polish a turd. But in the end, it's still a trurd. I like to give things a try, because that's how we find lost gems and cult classics. A lot of my favorites end up getting panned by critics and the general public, (and sometimes even by entire fanbases), but they're downright enjoyable, in spite of whatever they're lacking. I like things that I can pull off a shelf and ENJOY watching or playing again. Hell, over half of my movie library could be put on MST3K, but that just makes it more fun (when I'd visit my friend in KC, he'd have coworkers come over for movie night and we'd have fun MSTing them [it was a hoot]). But, I refuse to ignore when something's so awful it hurts to watch/play/listen to/whatever, just because it "looks pretty". Hell, foxes are cute little critters, but I wouldn't reccommend that someone go and try to pick one up... And yet, there's people out there who'd do just that, with no thought of "hey, I'm going to get mauled and/or get rabies!". Someone has to watch out for the trick of flash-over-substance.

#19 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:03 AM

So, it's the former, then. :evo: This way, I don't have to worry about thinking less of your standards... I really don't care much when it comes to aesthetics. Sure, fancy bells and whistles and stuff make for nice icing on a good cake, but even fancy, super-delicious icing can't save a crap-pile of a cake. Yes, you CAN polish a turd. But in the end, it's still a trurd. I like to give things a try, because that's how we find lost gems and cult classics. A lot of my favorites end up getting panned by critics and the general public, (and sometimes even by entire fanbases), but they're downright enjoyable, in spite of whatever they're lacking. I like things that I can pull off a shelf and ENJOY watching or playing again. Hell, over half of my movie library could be put on MST3K, but that just makes it more fun (when I'd visit my friend in KC, he'd have coworkers come over for movie night and we'd have fun MSTing them [it was a hoot]). But, I refuse to ignore when something's so awful it hurts to watch/play/listen to/whatever, just because it "looks pretty". Hell, foxes are cute little critters, but I wouldn't reccommend that someone go and try to pick one up... And yet, there's people out there who'd do just that, with no thought of "hey, I'm going to get mauled and/or get rabies!". Someone has to watch out for the trick of flash-over-substance.

There are different ways of looking at things, but you don't always have to get a full dose of it in order to enjoy it. I mean, foxes are pretty yet potentially harmful, but you can still admire them without having to touch them. That's the reason why zoos exist.

Now, I wouldn't call "Sonic Boom" a beautiful show; but the writing, characters, and jokes make up for the rest of the entertainment. On the other hand, shows like "Ren and Stimpy" are the pure opposite for me. They might have "quality" animation, but everything else (the humor, the characters, the direction, ect.) is unappealing by comparison. Thus I view it as one of the most overrated shows of all time.

Again, it's all subjective to one's personal tastes. "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

#20 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,563 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:11 AM

On the other hand, shows like "Ren and Stimpy" are the pure opposite for me. They might have "quality" animation, but everything else (the humor, the characters, the direction, ect.) is unappealing by comparison. Thus I view it as one of the most overrated shows of all time.

THANK YOU!  I am not the only one!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sonic, Boom, episode, episodes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users