Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

New Sonic Cartoon "sonic Boom" In The Works

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

No, but if you're overly picky about something, it makes it hard to fully enjoy anything. There are things which I dislike, like boring stuff or ideas that weren't fully thought out, but I like looking for positives. Being negative all the time feels selfish, and that's just sad. When I'm offered something, I try my best to enjoy it; despite its flaws. That's all I'm saying.

It's subjects like these that make me despise being a Sonic fan. It's, without a doubt, one of the most pickiest fanbases out there. If it's not problematic plots, most fans are complaining about small things like Sonic's green eyes or shipping romances. It's no wonder why Sega's having a difficult time developing games, we can't make up our minds.

Why it HAS to be different when it's about Sonic? When i said something negative about Sonic relate stuff, it's seem like it's sound difference compare to any other franchise.

For exemple, i freaking love the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. serie on PC. But the second game called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky disapoint me. I could say the same with the Resistance series (Resistance 3 was a disapointment). It seem like no one would said anything about it. But when it's about Sonic, then i feel like i'm threat like a hater or something like that. Just like if it was okay to dislike something, as long as it's not Sonic relate.

Sonic is just a franchise like so many others. Every franchise can have his up and down and Sonic is no exception. You can called it nit-picking as long as you want, but a down-side is still a down-side.

I'm not talking about the Sonic franchise as a whole, because that's a totally different story that seem to never end. But as for me, when something is bad, there's nothing i could do about it. I could close my eyes and act like if i didn't see anything, i could fool myself as long as i want. But in the end, the result will still be the same.

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!
PS: I love bacon. Why? Because i said so...(i also love the Dreamcast)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

#102 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

That's still your take. For some (including myself), the games are getting less interesting. But others seem to be enjoying it. Everyone has their opinion.

#103 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

That's still your take. For some (including myself), the games are getting less interesting. But others seem to be enjoying it. Everyone has their opinion.

Opinion is not an argument for everything. For some case, like the artistic style of a game for exemple, than yes, it's a matter of opinion. But for other thing, like when a game suffer from frame-rate issue for exemple, then no, it's as nothing to do with opinion.

So, for the story in Sonic Unleashed, the story was bad. Some people may like his goofy style (then this is an opinion), but the presentation was crap. And not matter what people opinion are, over-exposition remain over-exposition, uninteresting and/or underused character are still uninteresting/underused character.

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!

#104 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

I hear the same thing from others about SatAM and its cast, yet here we are, fans/supporters of the series. As far as I'm concerned, its still an opinion.

#105 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I hear the same thing from others about SatAM and its cast, yet here we are, fans/supporters of the series. As far as I'm concerned, its still an opinion.

I don't know what you mean. The SatAM cast are for the most part well written, but some people may don't like them because they don't like the style of the character, not because of these character themself.

#106 Nique

Nique

It's great to be different.

• Fellow FUSer
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Oh, so they actually mentioned it? I guess there is something in the works...

Yeah it was at a convention in Ohio... Polsky said he was writing for a new Sonic cartoon as if it was no big deal... I don't think he was supposed to talk about it though... no one reacted so I assumed it was common knowledge.

I just wanted to tell you that the hardest thing I've faced
Wasn't the teasing or the pain
It was convincing myself I wasn't stupid, strange, or lame
And helping others do the same.

Forest Rain

#107 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

I don't know what you mean. The SatAM cast are for the most part well written, but some people may don't like them because they don't like the style of the character, not because of these character themself.

Maybe for some people, but there are those who don't share the same opinion. For example, quite a bit of people praise the SatAM depiction of Robotnik, saying its the best incarnation of all the Eggmen. However, some fans (including myself) found the character a bit overrated:

First off, Jim Cummings gave an excellent, bone-chilling performance, but everything else about the SatAM incarnation of Robotnik was either lackluster or underdeveloped compared to the other incarnations. He lacked the comedic side which made him fun to watch, and was more of a sadistic warlord rather than a mad scientist (he stole the Roboticizer from Uncle Chuck and relied on Snively to do his dirty work). Having a single-minded goal made him a very one-note villian. He also had little to no backstory (even in the Archie comics), so it left a lot of unanswered questions. Had it not been for his voice actor, he would've been pretty forgettable.

#108 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Maybe for some people, but there are those who don't share the same opinion. For example, quite a bit of people praise the SatAM depiction of Robotnik, saying its the best incarnation of all the Eggmen. However, some fans (including myself) found the character a bit overrated:

First off, Jim Cummings gave an excellent, bone-chilling performance, but everything else about the SatAM incarnation of Robotnik was either lackluster or underdeveloped compared to the other incarnations. He lacked the comedic side which made him fun to watch, and was more of a sadistic warlord rather than a mad scientist (he stole the Roboticizer from Uncle Chuck and relied on Snively to do his dirty work). Having a single-minded goal made him a very one-note villian. He also had little to no backstory (even in the Archie comics), so it left a lot of unanswered questions. Had it not been for his voice actor, he would've been pretty forgettable.

Wanting him to be portray as being comical or not is more of a matter of opinion. And for his backstory, he actually has one and well explain in the Archie comic.

#109 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

And for his backstory, he actually has one and well explain in the Archie comic.

What? The satellite broadcast in issue 72? All it did was glance over his childhood and adult years. It never explained his sanity or the reason why he wanted to exterminate all life on the planet and replace it with robotics. The closest information we ever got was his older brother bullying him, but how that lead to him craving world domination is anyone's guess.

Dr. Eggman, on the other hand, is a proud industrialist who owns several major industries, including Eggman Enterprises and MeteoTech. Heck, some of his industries supplied military artillery and weaponry to G.U.N. (which explains the robots) before he went rogue. With that kind of power in his hands, its easy to see why he's into world domination. And because his grandfather Gerald was a researcher of ancient cultures, he was familiar with many concepts of mystical powers like the Chaos Emeralds and such.

#110 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

And for his backstory, he actually has one and well explain in the Archie comic.

What? The satellite broadcast in issue 72? All it did was glance over his childhood and adult years. It never explained his sanity or the reason why he wanted to exterminate all life on the planet and replace it with robotics. The closest information we ever got was his older brother bullying him, but how that lead to him craving world domination is anyone's guess.

Maybe he's just an asshole.

What? The satellite broadcast in issue 72? All it did was glance over his childhood and adult years. It never explained his sanity or the reason

Dr. Eggman, on the other hand, is a proud industrialist who owns several major industries, including Eggman Enterprises and MeteoTech. Heck, some of his industries supplied artillery and weaponry to G.U.N. (which explains the robots) before he went rogue. With that kind of power in his hands, its easy to see why he's into world domination. And because his grandfather Gerald was a researcher of ancient cultures, he was familiar with many concepts of mystical powers like the Chaos Emeralds and such.

Sorry, but i don't take the Sonic Riders as a good source of information. Even by that, it won't explain why he want to take over the world.

#111 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Sorry, but i don't take the Sonic Riders as a good source of information. Even by that, it won't explain why he want to take over the world.

It makes more sense than just being an ass****. I mean, how did that come to be? Were his parents strict humanists? Did his grandfather have anything to do with it?

It leaves too many questions.

#112 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

That was just a joke anyway. But that doesn't say anything much either for the ''Rider'' version of Eggman.

Also, we just start talking about the story in Unleashed, then we are now talking about Eggman in Sonic Riders in the new cartoon topic......Damn, time fly!

#113 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Now if Jim Cummings ever voiced a more comical, but still threatening version of Dr. Eggman, this is how I'd imagine it:

#114 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

First off, Jim Cummings gave an excellent, bone-chilling performance, but everything else about the SatAM incarnation of Robotnik was either lackluster or underdeveloped compared to the other incarnations. He lacked the comedic side which made him fun to watch

Archie tried to reconcile the goofy Robotnik and the dead-serious Robotnik. The results weren't too pretty, with Robotnik coming off as more schizo than anything. I'm not sure there's a good way to make Robotnik present as strong a threat as he did in SatAM and still provide any comedic value.

I do think it would be nice if he had a more realistic motive. Even Sauron from LotR had good intentions until power corrupted him. Robotnik was like, "Hi, I'm taking over for no reason." That's all the motive we got.

It makes more sense than just being an ass****.

#115 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Now if Jim Cummings ever voiced a more comical, but still threatening version of Dr. Eggman, this is how I'd imagine it:

He actually did voice Eggman comically in the AoStH pilot.

It makes more sense than just being an ass****.

Fucking love the nerd.
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users