Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

Photo

New Sonic Cartoon "sonic Boom" In The Works

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 J.E.Smith

J.E.Smith

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well this came out of nowhere. Animation writer Dave Polsky (South Park, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) mentioned in a recent convention panel that he is writing a new Sonic cartoon called "Sonic Boom":

http://www.tssznews....c-boom-cartoon/

Moments ago at his Trotcon Q&A Panel, Polsky revealed more information about “Sonic Boom” – we’re still waiting to see if our source can elaborate more, but early reports indicate that it is a “Pony-esque reboot of the cartoon series”. What, exactly, that means is currently a mystery – Sonic has had no shortage of cartoons over the years, and each one of them involves completely different settings and supporting characters. Any one of them could be rebooted, and it’s worth mentioning that one of Polsky’s contributions to MLP was, apparently, writing music for an episode, so not even Sonic Underground is out of the question at this time.

Right now, you know about as much as we do. We’ll have more on this as it develops.

UPDATE: Our source has offered more information now that the panel is over regarding “Sonic Boom”. All Polsky would say is that it involves Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose, and would lean towards “comedic in style”, making it sound unconnected to any previous Sonic cartoon.

#2 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

I've heard of that earlier, but didn't even want to talk about it. I got a baaaaaad feeling about this....

(knowing it would be made by some people who are behind ''my little poney'', make me want to stay even FAR MORE away!)

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!
PS: I love bacon. Why? Because i said so...(i also love the Dreamcast)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

#3 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

If this rumor is true, I wonder how the show will be.

Since it's an American production, I wonder if we'll be seeing any American characters in the show. I mean, shows like SatAM and "Underground" have been off air for a long time, but the Archie comics have kept the characters alive since then and are more popular than ever. And since the show will most likely try to appease the fanbase, there's a good possibility for it. But then again, I've been wrong before.

One thing I'm curious about is the approach. Will the humor work? Or will it fall to the lowest category? Will there be some drama? Or just a series of dumb shenanigans? I'm hoping it'll be more like the OVA, and not AoStH.

#4 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

Since it's an American production, I wonder if we'll be seeing any American characters in the show.

Sonic is now under the dictatorship of Sega of Japan. It will VERY surprise me to see any of the American Sonic character. Heck, even the Archie comic is under SOJ supervision.

If my english can look like crap, don't kill me...please? French is my native language!

#5 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

If this rumor is true, I wonder how the show will be.

Since it's an American production, I wonder if we'll be seeing any American characters in the show. I mean, shows like SatAM and "Underground" have been off air for a long time, but the Archie comics have kept the characters alive since then and are more popular than ever. And since the show will most likely try to appease the fanbase, there's a good possibility for it. But then again, I've been wrong before.

One thing I'm curious about is the approach. Will the humor work? Or will it fall to the lowest category? Will there be some drama? Or just a series of dumb shenanigans? I'm hoping it'll be more like the OVA, and not AoStH.

It will probably be like AoStH

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#6 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

Sonic is now under the dictatorship of Sega of Japan. It will VERY surprise me to see any of the American Sonic character. Heck, even the Archie comic is under SOJ supervision.

If Archie can do it, don't see why it can't be allowed. Maybe not as main characters, but supporting characters could easily work.

It will probably be like AoStH

I sure hope not.

#7 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

If Archie can do it, don't see why it can't be allowed. Maybe not as main characters, but supporting characters could easily work.

Sonic Archie began way before Sega of Japan take full control over the comic. Things have change now. There's no turning back...

#8 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Sonic Archie began way before Sega of Japan take full control over the comic. Things have change now. There's no turning back...

They're still creating new things for the comic. SoJ may be at the head of things, but they just oversee the stuff. As long as it fits the bill, it's allowed. And honestly, the show's gonna need more characters than just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy to fill in the roles. If they can't reuse American characters, they'll just create more.

#9 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

Just don't expect them to add SatAM/Archie character in this new show. If they really want to, they would have done it YEARS ago. Sonic team rather created new boring character instead of creating good one and developing them more.

#10 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

A NEW SONIC TV SHOW?!

AND ONE OF THE WRITERS WORKED ON PONIES AND FUCKING SOUTH PARK?!

Excuse me for a minute:
GEEK MODE ACTIVATED

Attached File  image.jpg   29.87KB   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   94.35KB   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   18.89KB   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   87.36KB   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   43.42KB   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   25.74KB   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   88.44KB   0 downloads

GEEKOUT MODE DEACTIVATED

Cool.
image.jpg

#11 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,575 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Not cool. Its gonna be like AoStH...

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#12 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

I can't here you, I am victory dancing.
image.jpg

#13 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

I can't here you, I am victory dancing.

I'm affraid that you're alone to dance...

#14 Captain Sorzo

Captain Sorzo

The Captain

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'd be shocked if this winds up being as good as even AOSTH. The characterization of the core cast will be based on the games, which are atrocious in every aspect of narrative. Modern Sega Sonic has gotten to the point that I actually prefer his depiction during the sixth console generation, when he has quite bland and had no personality to speak of. At least then he wasn't so obnoxious that I couldn't stand him. The other characters are no better.

SatAM turned out to be the beautiful diamond in the rough it is largely because the writers had a great deal of creative freedom, because Sega was fairly lax in its mandates and restrictions. Those types of conditions no longer exist, as evidenced by the comics.

Hopefully the Freedom Fighters won't be in this new series. They wouldn't be done justice. Better that they be left to fan work such as Sea3on, projects driven by love and passion rather than the next paycheck.

57677ee618a4a_FSOMBanner.jpg.004b52a1171

Story updates and more now available at Free Scribes of Mobius!

#15 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:50 PM

Did anyone beside me like to watch a youtube/devienart serie know as ''Sonic dissected''? This is a very interesting serie where 2 people is talking about the Sonic franchise as a whole and making very good point about the story, the character and many more. When they talked about the newer game (like Unleashed, Colors and Generation), they reffered the overall style as ''The adventure of Sonic the talking squirle'' to mock the ridicule way Sega has portrey their own character.

I agree with ya Sorzo, on the narrative of the newer game. The main problem is, Sega has become weaker and weaker in term of writting. They try to make it appeling to a younger audience, but they have been negliging the quality of the story/writting. They abuse of overexposition. Take Sonic Colors for exemple, when the character talked all the time about how Eggman want to take over the galaxy by using wips. They have this conversation over and over and over again, like if the player was too dumb to figure that out the first time.

Now, when i look the new ''Sonic Lost World'', with the new ''MONTERS OF THE WEEK'', and can't help but facepalm.

Now, with a new tv show on the way, made with the way the Sonic franchise has become, with the writter of a little girl show......i have (with good reason) a horrible feeling about this. I thought Sonic X was beyond awful (and i'm talking about the original uncensored version), i feel like this new show will make Sonic X good in comparaison. I know it's harsh to thrash this show, even when it's not even in production yet (well, as far as i know). But how can i have a good feeling when you have saw the way the story are handle at this point?

#16 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'd be shocked if this winds up being as good as even AOSTH. The characterization of the core cast will be based on the games, which are atrocious in every aspect of narrative. Modern Sega Sonic has gotten to the point that I actually prefer his depiction during the sixth console generation, when he has quite bland and had no personality to speak of. At least then he wasn't so obnoxious that I couldn't stand him. The other characters are no better.

SatAM turned out to be the beautiful diamond in the rough it is largely because the writers had a great deal of creative freedom, because Sega was fairly lax in its mandates and restrictions. Those types of conditions no longer exist, as evidenced by the comics.

Hopefully the Freedom Fighters won't be in this new series. They wouldn't be done justice. Better that they be left to fan work such as Sea3on, projects driven by love and passion rather than the next paycheck.

I'm pretty sure the writers for SatAM, "Underground", and AoStH were in it for the paychecks as well. The only writer who showed any passion for the series was Ben Hurst; everyone else went on to do other series when it ended.

Being creative can be a good thing, but it can also be bad. What the writers had in mind way back then won't work with today's target audience. Would "The Legend of Zelda" series be better if they fallowed the footsteps of the original "Legend of Zelda" television series? I think not. Because it's not what the creatives want their series to be.

Also, people find the current Sonic obnoxious? I think you need to double-check and compare. I find the AoStH Sonic way more annoying than the modern version we see today.

#17 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Also, people find the current Sonic obnoxious? I think you need to double-check and compare. If find the AoStH Sonic way more annoying than the modern version we see today.

Me, i don't like AOSTH at all. I also hate the way they portrey Sonic in the newer game: a complete Gary-Su!

#18 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Me, i don't like AOSTH at all. I also hate the way they portrey Sonic in the newer game: a complete Gary-Su!

It's sort of a "damned if you do; damned if you don't" scenario with Sonic.

You can't have him overpowered; otherwise, he'd be considered a "gary-sue". If he's under-powered, there'd be no point in making him "the fastest thing alive".

#19 Alextendo

Alextendo

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Well, in Sonic SatAM and even the Adventure serie, they did it right. He's not Chuck Norris-like, but he's not a wuss either. In the newer game, he can handle everything without any problem. Every friend (Tails, Knuckles, etc) are completely useless because Sonic can do everything, because Sega portray him as some god-like or something. So yeah, he's a Gary-Su.

The thing is, you need a good balance between his quality and flaw. Sonic friends need quality that Sonic don't have to make them revelent. If Sonic only have quality and can handle everything, then what used (sonic friends) are they?

#20 ILOVEVHS

ILOVEVHS

The Urban Ranger

• Fellow FUSer
  • 8,282 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Still victory dancing.
image.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users