Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:19 PM)

Sally acorn painting you can try to follow along, needs re-voicing as its just me for now.

@  Kev : (20 October 2019 - 02:18 PM)

Made another cartoon episode, its a painting tutorial on youtube check out my channel= 2D 3D CARTOONS

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

Photo

If There Is A Next Sonic Show...

TV SHow recommend

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: The next Sonic Show... if there is one

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What if there is a new Sonic Show... what would you recommend?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Robthe1st

Robthe1st

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

If a new comic or TV show were to come up, I think it would be something reminiscent of the games. Think about it: more people play, and are more familiar with, the games than the comic books. It's not what I'd like to happen, but what gonna happen.

I had to agree with this. The more they play, the less SatAM/Comics gets. Besides, the Sonic Games Fans seems to be more hardcore then ever... might be the Sonic X Amy fans I think.

And as for Sonic Boom, let's hope it'd be good. Too bad there's no SatAM characters... but Sega won't allow it. Oh, well! 

#22 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

And as for Sonic Boom, let's hope it'd be good. Too bad there's no SatAM characters... but Sega won't allow it. Oh, well! 

Well, we don't know that for sure. Not much information has been revealed yet.

I mean, Dr. Eggman wasn't mentioned in the cast, but it can't be a Sonic show without Eggman/Robotnik. Something tells me they're gonna need a bigger cast than just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy. They may reintroduce older characters, or create newer ones. We'll just have to wait and see.

#23 FrDougal9000

FrDougal9000

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

Alright, this is going to be quite a long list based on experience with the other adaptations but here we go:

1. Good animation and a budget big enough for it (You need good animation for a franchise as quick as Sonic, but you really need the budget for it because otherwise, you end with an incredibly off-model mess like Sonic X. Good God, that show went off-model more than DBZ and Evangelion combined, and that's not even getting into the third season...)

2. No confirmed romantic pairings for the main characters (You can tease or imply them if you wish but no confirmed pairings; otherwise, you risk destroying the entire internet and causing Third Impact!)

3. No adaptations of the games (It's just lazy, it can clash with the setting of the show and just because you adapt a game's plot doesn't make it good; look at Sonic X to see what I mean...)

4. Mythology gags, shout outs to the franchise and continuity nods would be awesome (Not much more to say than that, for once)

5. If the cast is large, say 5-6 characters, make sure they all contribute something to the plot and do interesting things with all of them (This was one of the biggest issues with both X and SatAM in my opinion so but this on the top of the list if you must)

6. Have a three-parter focusing on the Chaotix, if the show's tone is more comedic (Seriously, they were one of the few good things in Sonic X, Japanese or not, so please get them in there somehow)

And finally 7. GET MIGHTY THE ARMADILLO IN THERE!

Fanboyism aside, that's all I've got to say on the matter. Thanks for readin'! :)

#24 Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Running Wild

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

Well I'm looking forward to Sonic Boom, it's been said that it's a "pony-esque reboot of the cartoon series" so I can only imagine what that could possibly mean. If it's written similar to MLP then hey I'm all for it, I'm guessing that it's gonna be a much more grounded, AoSTH like show based off the games, with Sonic and Co. having adventures while stopping whatever crazy scheme Eggman comes up with. With the occasional specials like maybe Metal Sonic returning and stuff like that, can't wait to see what'll happen and if they throw things and characters in from other continuities, if so then I know the show will be even more well liked.

I'm perfectly fine with Sonic Boom on whatever form it will take, but what would a more Action/Adventure Driven Sonic Show be like today? We've had Sonic SatAM, Sonic Underground, and Sonic X so far, what would the next one be? I'm guessing it'll be based off the games like how Sonic X was, but NOT how Sonic X did it with Chris and Sonic showing up pretty much only to fight. Now as much as people want a 3rd Season of SatAM, while a direct 3rd Season is very unlikely a show based off of it is possible. However it would probably more based off of the Archie Comic then SatAM, but I'm fine with that. As much as I would LOVE to see a show based off of Sonic The Comic I don't think it'll ever happen unless such a show was directly developed by a European Animation Studio. Now if we are talking not just about a Cartoon, but an Anime that's a different story. Sonic X faired much better in other countries then it did in it's homeland, so it is very unlikely we will see a show like it again. The only way I can really see a Sonic Anime being successful is if you get a big name studio and some talented writers and directors in it, maybe even Gainax? No, I'm not joking, seriously whatever studio does a Sonic Anime they should go BALLS OUT INSANE and turn it up to 11!  Let Sega give a studio (doesn't have to be Gainax, it could be Sunrise, Manglobe, you name it) complete control and just go nuts!!! Hell even if it is not Gainax and there's an infamous "Gainax" Ending I will be so damn happy. xD

Now how would I do a Sonic Show? Well...

Option 1: It would be mainly based off the games with a few things from other medias, most of the stories would be altered retellings of the games with several twists. For one it would be an Over The Top Show that would probably not be rated E for Everyone, some characters would act the way you would expect while others will be pretty different from what you've seen.

Option 2: It's based off of ALL the western interpretations of Sonic with it mainly based off of Sonic The Comic and Archie Sonic, with some storylines based off of the games. It'll start off as you would expect it to if you watched SatAM and then get gradually darker overtime, considering what I have in mind it would be rated T, hehehe...

Option 3: Based mainly off of STC and the Games with a few things from other stuff thrown in, and even then not how you've known them to be. It would be a rough show with an attitude, and I'd say it's for almost everyone...maybe TV Y7FV and even then it would be pushing it a little bit. 

Come to think of it, these are shows I wouldn't really recommend kids as young as 6 to watch, especially the first 2 Options. I don't know why that's the case but maybe it's the push the Series really needs? I mean Sonic isn't Mario and Megaman has had several darker incarnations, I mean SatAM, Archie, and the end of STC can get and is dark but most of it is implied, in small doses, or done off camera, and even then not to the level of Anime dark action shows like say DBZ, Outlaw Star, Gurren Lagann etc. that's sometimes direct. I don't know but that's just me I guess, sounds pretty damn cool though doesn't it? I guess I'm just the kind of guy that wants to adapt a video game series, use every resource the series has under it's wing, and tell a story that I think would be awesome to see!

Seriously, HOW THE HELL did nobody know that Robotnik was evil!? I mean just look at those red, glowing, hellish eyes, oh yeah I can completely trust that guy with my life! *sarcasm*

#25 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

The great advantage of making a new Sonic cartoon is the potential for proactive fan feedback. I know little about MLP, but I know it has been in some in regards tailored by active fan-feedback. Many good cartoons nowadays are more aware of their audience and encourage and listen to their participation and ideas (Like Adventure Time). A new Sonic cartoon could be great if it follows this engaging approach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users