Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Shadow : (16 July 2019 - 12:00 PM)

I remember when Ben Hurst came onto this site and we got to send him notes. My favorite episode was Sonic and Sally, since it was my first episode I ever saw. Unfortunately he did not remember working on that one, despite it being his script.

@  chief : (14 July 2019 - 07:41 PM)

Yeah I did get it. Came out nice. Kinda a neat read.

I do want to scan it but...I dont want to fold the paper. I might try just taking some high def pictures.

@  David The Lu... : (12 July 2019 - 08:50 PM)

Heck did you get it in the mail. More importantly, have you scanned it yet because things like that need to be scanned and preserved.

@  chief : (29 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/

@  chief : (29 June 2019 - 11:06 AM)

Also just tossing this out there again...Sea3on has a Discord Chanel that I'm going to be adding some FUS rooms too. So come on and feel free to join up https://discord.gg/qQrqAvG

@  chief : (27 June 2019 - 07:29 PM)

Havent gotten it yet but....Still excited.

@  wildfire : (23 June 2019 - 03:30 PM)

That's not too much for something so good honestly. I would pay that if I had it.

@  chief : (23 June 2019 - 12:19 PM)

Yea...Pretty excited to get it. I mean...It apparently went from LA to Kentucky for some reason...But I'm sure it will arrive after its North American tour through the postal service.

@  Wulfsbane : (19 June 2019 - 07:51 AM)

If there's another one I'll try to get it

@  Sunnyfruit : (17 June 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Woah. I'd pay even more.

@  chief : (16 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

I just spent way too much money for paper with words written on it

https://www.ebay.com...ordt=true&rt=nc

@  Wulfsbane : (15 June 2019 - 06:12 PM)

As long as it wasnt GSW or Lebron...

@  Shadow : (13 June 2019 - 09:34 PM)

The Raptors won the NBA!

@  Sunnyfruit : (12 June 2019 - 02:44 PM)

Uh... I like video games too, but this is too much

@  GamemasterAn... : (12 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

...and everyone is freaking out over that reveal. Dear Gaia...the reaction of the people at the Nintendo Center in NYC. People were actually HUGGING each other over that reveal!

@  Wulfsbane : (11 June 2019 - 07:46 PM)

Banjo-Kazooie is coming home, lads

@  Wulfsbane : (11 June 2019 - 07:17 AM)

The E3 Nintendo Direct starts in 45 minutes

@  chief : (10 June 2019 - 07:30 PM)

Oh we have controversial topic forum..Those have always existed. And I'm for that. Just keep personal user to user shit off the forums.

the Controversial topic thing would fall under "debate" now I guess. I had some good times in those forums with a few members.

@  chief : (10 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

Yeah....I saw that...Blew game 6

@  Wulfsbane : (09 June 2019 - 07:35 PM)

Hey chief, we got a Game 7 on Wednesday

Photo

Humans And Sonic

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

Do you think Sonic does better with or without humans in the storyline.  Obviously I am not referring to Robotnik or even Snively but to a large human population in Sonic's world or Sonic living in the human world.  Does the presence of humans help tie Sonic to the modern audience or is it a hindrance to the character.  I personally prefer a Sonic story where humans are scarce in comparison to the talking animals.  Any thoughts?

Before honor comes humility.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#2 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:02 PM

Why can't it be equal?

#3 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,531 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

I feel just as awkward if Robotnik and Snively were the only humans, as Sonic and his friends being the only anthropomorphics.

Unless you're including a legitimate reason such as humans evolved or died out, the lack of them is weird

#4 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 765 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

Honestly, I am not too keen on having a large human population in Sonic's world or Sonic living in the human world.  In SatAM, Mobius does not resemble our world very much and I'm okay with that.

I feel just as awkward if Robotnik and Snively were the only humans, as Sonic and his friends being the only anthropomorphics.

Unless you're including a legitimate reason such as humans evolved or died out, the lack of them is weird

Didn't Ben Hurst say that, while writing for SatAM, he was working from the premise that humans left Mobius long ago and established colonies on other planets?  I remember reading something about how Robotnik was forced to leave because he tried to take over his colony & failed.

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#5 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

Didn't Ben Hurst say that, while writing for SatAM, he was working from the premise that humans left Mobius long ago and established colonies on other planets?  I remember reading something about how Robotnik was forced to leave because he tried to take over his colony & failed.

That might've been the original intention, but since it never made it into the show, its canonicity is debatable.

For all we know, Humans might've lived alongside Mobians in Mobobtropolis and were turned into Swatbots when Robotnik roboticized them all.

#6 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

I am certainly not against having some humans in Sonic's world: just as long as they do not make up the main population of Mobius.  I think its clear that Mobius is not just another earth: it has enough differences to make it a different world.  With that in mind, if we have most of the Mobians being anthromorphic animals, I think the human population shouldn't be bigger than any of the other species (hedgehogs, foxes, etc.). 

I guess I am not fond of how SEGA focused on Sonic being in a mostly human world since Sonic Adventure...it just doesn't feel the same.

The Most High God created this world we live in, and He created man in His image for Himself.  Whether we like it or not doesn't change the truth nor does it change the consequences.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#7 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:06 AM

I guess I am not fond of how SEGA focused on Sonic being in a mostly human world since Sonic Adventure...it just doesn't feel the same.

Yet that era was also when many new Mobian characters were first introduced to the franchise; from Big, Tikal, Shadow, and Rouge, to Cream, Silver, Blaze, and Marine. Not to mention the strange, unearthly creatures like the Chao, Black Arms, and all the eldritch abominations which Sonic has confronted.

And as of recently, the games seemed to have dropped humans from appearing altogether; with the obvious exception of Dr. Eggman.

#8 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

The SA era of games and the show Sonic X did make it feel rather weird that Sonic and his friends are the only anthropomorphic creatures around and everywhere else is just humans. I find it should be a balanced mix of the two types living together and to not think about it too much.

#9 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

Yet that era was also when many new Mobian characters were first introduced to the franchise; from Big, Tikal, Shadow, and Rouge, to Cream, Silver, Blaze, and Marine. Not to mention the strange, unearthly creatures like the Chao, Black Arms, and all the eldritch abominations which Sonic has confronted.

And as of recently, the games seemed to have dropped humans from appearing altogether; with the obvious exception of Dr. Eggman.

I guess we do get some benefits from the switcheroo...though I am not fond of all the newer Mobian characters.

I did notice that in the last couple of games...I wonder if SEGA is trying to focus more on a Mobian world in their future games.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#10 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

I did notice that in the last couple of games...I wonder if SEGA is trying to focus more on a Mobian world in their future games.

I doubt it. Quite a bit of "fans" have been complaining about the sheer size of the main cast, so they haven't introduced any more reoccurring characters since Silver. Newer characters now only appear in one game title, and that's pretty much it.

#11 Janus

Janus

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:23 PM

I'm a bit more old fashioned and would honestly prefer no human characters or at least not very many aside from Robotnik and Snively.  

#12 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

True...

You did forget Stiks.  What I meant before is that most of the newer games since Sonic Colors have less humans and more animals.  The world also seems to resemble less Earth and more of a different world...anybody else notice it? 

gallery 51493 212 294091

#13 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:33 AM

You did forget Stiks. What I meant before is that most of the newer games since Sonic Colors have less humans and more animals. The world also seems to resemble less Earth and more of a different world...anybody else notice it?

I didn't bother including Sticks since she originates from a different continuity - though she does seem to be making more appearances in mainstream games as of lately. Still, I wouldn't count her. That'd be like including Sally and the Freedom Fighters due to thier appearance in "Spinball".

Also, I don't recall any "more animal characters" since "Colors" (unless you're referring to the Wisps and Zeti - which are technically aliens).

#14 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

I guess what I meant was that the Sonic world in the newer games seem to be less like earth and more like another world (Mobius?).  The last time I remember seeing a mainstream Sonic game with a large human population was Sonic Unleashed. Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World do take place on a different planet though...

I thought Sticks was becoming an included game Sonic character as she will be appearing in the next Mario and Sonic Olympic game.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#15 LogiTeeka

LogiTeeka

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:37 AM

I thought Sticks was becoming an included game Sonic character as she will be appearing in the next Mario and Sonic Olympic game.

While she is included in the latest "Olympic Game" title, as well as the "Runners" mobile game, it's unknown if her appearances in these games means she's being fully integrated into the mainstream canon since neither of them are considered canonical.

#16 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:50 PM

Maybe, but it seems that Sticks is becoming a popular character.  Either that, or Sega is over-emphasizing her to draw people to the Boom comics and show.

gallery 51493 212 294091

#17 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,531 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Either that, or Sega is over-emphasizing her to draw people to the Boom comics and show.

Ding!  We have a winner!

That's it in  nutshell.  Sticks is only everywhere to advertise Boom.  True people are taking her well, save me, I still pretty much dislike her, but It's SEGA who is putting her everywhere, she hasn't really been in high demand or anything. 

#18 Ishapar

Ishapar

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:41 PM

Ding Ding Ding!  I got the right answer!  Thank you!  Thank you!

gallery 51493 212 294091

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users