Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

Penders Is Going To Shoot Himself In The Foot Again!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

He didn't get lucky, Louis. He knew from the beginning that he was going to win the court case. That's why he was so confident about the whole thing while we were all scratching our heads, wondering what he was thinking.

He never won the court case. They both ran out of money and had to settle, with terms that happened to be more favorable to Ken. Let's also not forget that Archie claimed they misplaced the contract; if it were not for that massive stroke of luck, Penders would have been dead in the water.

If it's true (as he was claiming) that he never signed a contract in the first place and Archie never would have found his contract among the documents that went missing, that would mean he had been stringing them along the whole time (since "we own the stuff you make for us" is industry-standard practice, and there was no way he didn't know this) in the hopes that a dispute like this would come up so he could win the court case. You know what I call a person like that? A fucking asshole.

As for the royalties, what are you saying precisely? That he should have said, "Well, I'm being cheated out of the money I'm owed but never mind! It isn't like I need to eat or anything crazy like that! And I'm sure that the bills will pay themselves!"

That was a hypothetical scenario. He never was cheated out of royalties that we know of. What Prime was saying was, if he signed a contract for the DVD set that said he gets paid a lump sum of three or four figures and no royalties, that's on him for signing the contract. You don't get to say "Oops, I actually wanted royalties instead!" after the ink dries. If you didn't hire a lawyer (or agent or whoever is the best person for the job in that particular industry) to look over the contract and ensure the terms were fair, that's on you.

Also, the "it isn't like I need to eat or anything like that" argument rings hollow considering he killed his career trying to pursue this. I saw that coming from day one and tried to warn him. Now his career is long dead and buried and he's still too delusional to realize this. If you want to put food on the table, a good first step would be not killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Face it, Mysterious Traveller. Penders and his actions are completely indefensible.

#22 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

He didn't get lucky, Louis. He knew from the beginning that he was going to win the court case. That's why he was so confident about the whole thing while we were all scratching our heads, wondering what he was thinking.

He never won the court case. They both ran out of money and had to settle, with terms that happened to be more favorable to Ken. Let's also not forget that Archie claimed they misplaced the contract; if it were not for that massive stroke of luck, Penders would have been dead in the water.

If it's true (as he was claiming) that he never signed a contract in the first place and Archie never would have found his contract among the documents that went missing, that would mean he had been stringing them along the whole time (since "we own the stuff you make for us" is industry-standard practice, and there was no way he didn't know this) in the hopes that a dispute like this would come up so he could win the court case. You know what I call a person like that? A fucking asshole.

As for the royalties, what are you saying precisely? That he should have said, "Well, I'm being cheated out of the money I'm owed but never mind! It isn't like I need to eat or anything crazy like that! And I'm sure that the bills will pay themselves!"

That was a hypothetical scenario. He never was cheated out of royalties that we know of. What Prime was saying was, if he signed a contract for the DVD set that said he gets paid a lump sum of three or four figures and no royalties, that's on him for signing the contract. You don't get to say "Oops, I actually wanted royalties instead!" after the ink dries. If you didn't hire a lawyer (or agent or whoever is the best person for the job in that particular industry) to look over the contract and ensure the terms were fair, that's on you.

Also, the "it isn't like I need to eat or anything like that" argument rings hollow considering he killed his career trying to pursue this. I saw that coming from day one and tried to warn him. Now his career is long dead and buried and he's still too delusional to realize this. If you want to put food on the table, a good first step would be not killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Face it, Mysterious Traveller. Penders and his actions are completely indefensible.

And irrational...What good has his sinful charade done anyone?

*Listens to the crickets chrip.*

Exactly...Luckily the comic can start a fresh and recover, maybe even become more streamlined and progress narratively. But he, however, has  ruined himself...

Truly, alll that's left of Pender's career is a cautionary tale, one we should heed carefully and from which we ought to learn a very vital vicarious lesson: be humble, be considerate of the community which you serve and which watches your back, and suck up your petty issues and move on, lest you be defined by them and they lead you to ruin.

Penders has dug his own grave. The one he shallowly dug for Archie...well they can easily hop out of it. The got the fandom backing them. But he's an outsider now. 

#23 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

i2ox.png

#24 Louis the Hedgehog

Louis the Hedgehog

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

i2ox.png

I have a better one.

tumblr_lxnf32W2bH1r6r1iuo1_400.png

I KNEW I wasn't the only one who made that connection.

As for his whole career, he plans to create his own studio to continue "his" work. I'm getting the feeling this won't work out so well.

A petition to keep up to a third of the characters in the sonic comics from being lost forever.

https://www.change.o...-hedgehog-comic

To those who want to give this "new direction" a chance, don't say I didn't warn you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users