Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (05 October 2019 - 11:05 PM)

Well the player base went up exponentially since the switch.

@  wildfire : (05 October 2019 - 08:39 PM)

Probably to help Bungie now that Activision's money isn't backing them.

@  Wulfsbane : (03 October 2019 - 06:33 AM)

Destiny made the move to Steam.

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

Photo

Build A Better Mobius.

mobius

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#41 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yeah. You want a nice complimentry balance between the genders. Don't homogenize but don't steryotype either. Both are qually bad. It's all in the discretion and making the gender-roles organic.

I look forward to it.

#42 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,562 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

I've never thought a damsel in distress was a negative trope. Honestly just because someone comes off weaker then another doesn't make them prejudice. Not everyone can or should be the hero.

Now I'm not saying women HAVE to play the damsel in distress, but I don't think being one damages their character.

#43 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

I've never thought a damsel in distress was a negative trope. Honestly just because someone comes off weaker then another doesn't make them prejudice. Not everyone can or should be the hero.

Now I'm not saying women HAVE to play the damsel in distress, but I don't think being one damages their character.

No trope is really negative by itself. It's all in the execution. . It's all about why you using the trope and what objective message comes across from it.

#44 Prince ByTor

Prince ByTor

SatAM and Sally Acorn Fan

• Fellow FUSer
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

The "damsel in distress" is an okay plot device if done right, but it can easily bring the cheesiness to a story. It's only when a character's only purpose in a given story is to be saved by the hero that it become eye roll worthy in my opinion.

#45 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

What do you think about Mobians as a whole? How would you diversify them and make their cultures unique and novel?

#46 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,562 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

In WfM, Mobians have grown past their species boundaries and are now separated by country/kingdom.

For Example, those Raised in the City of Mobotropolis/Kingdom of Acorn all have a similar culture, but those say raised on Angel Island would be brought up differently. 

#47 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yeah. You want a nice complimentry balance between the genders. Don't homogenize but don't steryotype either. Both are qually bad. It's all in the discretion and making the gender-roles organic.

I look forward to it.

When I originally wrote the idea that was a concept outside my grasp. :/

And I tend to not like female characters that are to tough, so my early works kind of over compensated by making them overly delicate... or at least I feel that way when I reread it now.

What do you think about Mobians as a whole? How would you diversify them and make their cultures unique and novel?

Hopefully this doesn't start a conflict.... 

But my brain always mixed clan and ethnicity with the Mobian animal. As a really generic example a wolf may be German decent and a hound may be British and both canines are European. Going deeper grey wolves may all be from a middle class clan  while a white wolf comes from Royalty. 

So in my brain all redish Enchidnas are from the same "clan" as Knuckles but a Green one would be a different family line. Amy comes from a different clan than Sonic but they're both ethnically Hedgehogs. 

Also in my original works all Mobians could ... erm... have a child with other species of mobian animals. But some are frowned on. A wolf/hound is normal. But a Cat/Dog would be a social reject. 

I had an Echidna/Fox (Unacceptable)  and Fox/Bat (Normal) who dealt with this ... but now I realize Enchidna's lay eggs so an Echidna could only "breed" with a platypus unless you chose to ignore eggs or the avian/mammal line. 

On that tho my halves did inherit things from both parents. If Sonic and Sally had a kid it would be a brown Hedgehog with curly read hair not a blue hedgehog or redhead squirrel/chipmunk. It would be a mix. 

Posted Image

#48 GamemasterAnthony

GamemasterAnthony

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

I've always thought breeding on Mobius always resulted in offspring being of one species or the other...not a mix of the two.  Note that in 25YL, Sonic and Sally's kids are a hedgehog and a squirrel instead of some crossbreed of the two species.  Of course they could've had features from each others' species like MagentaDrake said.  In Felix Xavier Minx's "Knothole Chronicles", they ended up having kids that were a blue furred squirrel named Julayla and a brown hedgehog named Miles.  (No bonus for guessing who they are named after.)

My colleague, Nyperold, even made the suggestion a while ago that fur color could be determined by color "genes" passed down by the parents.  His character, Nyperold the Meerkat, was a blue meerkat while his sister, Sue, was an orange meerkat...with their parents being green and purple furred.  Nyp got his color from a blue gene from both parents while Sue got her coloe from the yellow gene from the green parent and a red gene from the purple one.  Expanding on this, it is feasable that certain color variants can result from up to three color genes being passed down, with brown (red-yellow-blue) acting as a "wild card" of sorts and black and white genes acting as "toners" that can make the colors lighter or darker.  In fact...this is why a fancharacter I saw named Mindasha, another daughter of Sonic and Sally from another fancontinuity, is a purple hedgehog since she possibly got the blue gene from Sonic and a red gene from Sally.

Just...my two cents on that.

#49 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,562 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

Meh...Tails is a mutant fox, there could be mutant/hybrid mobians.  That's my take on it. 

#50 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

I based most of the acceptable half breeds off mythology or real animal names. Like a bat/fox really just a mobian "flying fox" which IS a species of bat. 

Posted Image

#51 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

EoT takes a very complex and multi-faceted approach to this . Mixing ethnicities of Mobians all depends on the proximal biological simulatrities of the types.

n EoT, the more you mix-breed, the better chance you get for full-sterility, or species-specific sterility,  or unexpected side-effects in the child. Then again the more you mix-breed, the cooler genome you get as a kid, gaining both positive traits and negative from both. If your form favors one parent, then you will probably get the eye color, hair color, and maybe even personality traits from your other parent. Even with some form of specfically dominate genes  you will get noticed. It's subtle with people like Sally (who is supossedly only half-squirrel and half chipmunk). However hypothetically if Antoine and Bunny had a kid...you would know something was up via the feet and ears.   

I am not sure about reptil-mamailian, avi-mamailian, pisca-avian pairings, and such. The more you branch out...the bigger the risk. Sally and Sonic would actually be okay because they have mammalian simularities. Sally and Antoine...a bit harder (plus she would grow some carnivorus tendecies during the pregnancy). Sally and Vector...yeah, I don't think so.genes work as a medium of sorts and kind of fix a lot of the problems encountered.

Pro-Minglers treat 'species' more as ethnicities, stating that Mobians have unique homogenized simularities in all their genomes that in part act as a sort of genetic-medium to make this inter-ethnic reproduction possible. Many religious texts even state that Mobians are of "  are all of one blood, and that "the Breath of Mobius resides in them all."  Like we would view different ethnicities, so in essence is a Mobian  child born of a mixed couple might be viewed like a child of mixed ethnic backgrounds rather than species.

I'd hate to be in Uncle Chuck's shoes...it must be hard to be a doctor for all these radically different people. Plus when we can say "this is getting weird" and bail...well he's the guy stuck birthing the aforementioned mutant-baby.   

#52 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Or hatching the platypus enchidna... 

Posted Image

#53 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

I hope that job pays well...  :weird:

#54 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#55 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

"..." 

- Benjamen Wulfsbane, when asked about Mingling.  :shiftyeyes:

Only me and you are going to get this joke untill that episode comes out.

#56 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

"..." 

No i was confused about a Platypus Echidna.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#57 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,562 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Sonic should so call him "Benny Wolfsbane"

#58 MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake

The Twins

• Fellow FUSer
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

"..." 

Platypus and Enchidnas are mammals that lay eggs. >.> It's not funny when you explain it. 

Posted Image

#59 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,574 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

"..." 

Platypus and Enchidnas are mammals that lay eggs. >.> It's not funny when you explain it. 

I killed the joke... i am ashamed

Sonic should so call him "Benny Wolfsbane"

Dont give him ideas.

#60 TheRedStranger

TheRedStranger

The Soothsayer of Aeons.

• Scribes of Mobius
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Sounds more like an Amelia nickname. xD

Wolife is another nickname.

Sonic calls him Ben.

But if he luaghs at any pet names, Ben could always rebuttal with poking fun of his petname...Nikky.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users