Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Wulfsbane : (09 September 2019 - 10:12 AM)

We'll probably see Tracer soon

@  Shadow : (06 September 2019 - 10:48 PM)

I'd rather see Mai in Smash

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 09:05 AM)

I'm more surprised about the Fatal Fury character.

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

Really wasn't keen on the idea of Sans being playable, but I guess he's in the same vein as Ness/Lucas

@  Wulfsbane : (06 September 2019 - 08:00 AM)

I think it works.

@  GamemasterAn... : (05 September 2019 - 06:53 AM)

So...Sans is a Mii Gunner costume for Smash. Comments?

@  Wulfsbane : (31 August 2019 - 08:00 PM)

Alright, AEW's All Out was pretty freaking good.

@  Wulfsbane : (20 August 2019 - 06:22 AM)

The Knux will Layeth the Smacketh Down all over your Candy Ass!

@  GamemasterAn... : (20 August 2019 - 05:59 AM)

"Finally, the Knux...HAS COME BACK...to Angel Island!"

@  Wulfsbane : (19 August 2019 - 07:26 PM)

Strangely I can see it.

@  Shadow : (18 August 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Imagine Dwayne Johnson voicing Knuckles...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 02:31 PM)

The Rock has come back? XP

@  chief : (17 August 2019 - 02:26 PM)

http://www.sonicsatam.com/sea3on/ finally...

@  Wulfsbane : (17 August 2019 - 07:40 AM)

Good to hear.

@  chief : (13 August 2019 - 07:27 PM)

We are in talk with background artists actually...

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

some traditional cel painted backgrounds would be lovely.

@  Shadow : (13 August 2019 - 12:54 AM)

Is their any plans on what might be added if the budget reaches a certain quota?

@  wildfire : (13 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

Just saw the preview for Sea3son animated. It looks awesome! Voices are great. I only wish I had money to support.

@  wildfire : (12 August 2019 - 11:30 PM)

Glad to see this place is still bustling. I went through my old comics last night, made me think of you all. I miss this place sometimes.

@  Ishapar : (12 August 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Keep screaming, Redauthar.

Photo

Feudal Era Japan Sonic

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:49 PM

I figure I would post some art here since I haven't done so in years. This has been part of an ongoing project of mine where I was inspired by the movie Ninja Batman. The idea of the Sonic cast being put into a feudal era japanese period and adapting to it. I currently implemented the idea of every incarnation of Robotnik existing as rivals to one another with Sega Eggman as the supreme leader. Below is the art I've done with little write ups with each...enjoy!

shogun_julian_robotnik_by_mobianmonster-

SHOGUN JULIAN ROBOTNIK
Julian Robotnik, otherwise known as the Red Oni is the most brutal and violent of all the 4 Shoguns. He rules over the mountains extracting ore and coal from the earth with his factories, which are then made into new weapons of war. He has lined his borders with catapults and large dug in moats filled with spikes. Those who work badly or not at all are threatened with "freedom". However, freedom is when the unlucky individual is doused in oil and set ablaze and then set free to flee his borders to seek refuge elsewhere. Most often those set free never make it far and their charred remains are a reminder to never make their leader angry. Despite his brutality he can be easily persuaded if proper tribute is given to placate him. He rules over the industrial zones.

shogun_boom_robotnik_by_mobianmonster-dc
SHOGUN BOOM ROBOTNIK
Boom Robotnik, otherwise known as the Blue Shark is one of the more benevolent of the 4 Shoguns, but still devious and highly untrustworthy. He rules over the coasts and rivers of the land responsible for prepping much of the farmlands and food supplies. He has the largest navy among the 4 Shoguns which are mainly made up of pirates and criminals. He will often send surprise raids to towns and cities along with tainted food supplies to spite his rivals. To gain his protection you will be forced to kill a random captive taken from one of the 4 countries as a initiation in front of him.

shogun_fleetway_robotnik_by_mobianmonste

SHOGUN FLEETWAY ROBOTNIK

Fleetway Robotnik, otherwise known as the Purple Rhino is one of the most formidable of all the 4 Shoguns. He rules over the cities and towns building towering wonders that reach high into the sky, along with new weapons taken from Shogun Julian and expanded upon. Despite his ability to bring jobs and innovations to small towns he is considered the most cruel of all the 4 Shoguns. All that dwell under his protection are forced to work as slaves building endless tribute monuments dedicated to him, with half of everything they own is taken from them as taxation. To keep his kingdom growing many citizens are often spirited away from other places beyond his borders and forced to start new lives under his rule. Any who dare resist or show signs of disloyalty disappear into his dungeons and never seen again.

shogun_nega_robotnik_by_mobianmonster-dc

SHOGUN NEGA ROBOTNIK
Nega Robotnik, otherwise known as the Green Serpent is the most mysterious and unknown of the 4 Shoguns. He rules over the forests and plains responsible for harvesting and cultivating much needed food supplies and resources that are traded. He is however the most untrustworthy and manipulative of them all, often engineering conflicts and uprisings in other areas of the kingdom. Trespassing into his territory is a death sentence, as all along his border is lined with booby traps. To enter into his forests you will encounter deadly snakes and crocodiles, along with an assortment of hostile wild life with a taste for flesh. He has also cultivated many diseases to spread through the kingdom to weaken his rival Shoguns for his inevitable strike.

emperor_eggman_by_mobianmonster-dcfxbdm.
EMPEROR EGGMAN
Lording over all is the golden dragon, Emperor Eggman. He rules over the capital city behind towering walls of steel impenetrable to any invading armies. The streets are paved with gold as all who live under him live a life of luxary and hedonism. Considered a living god by the populace, Emperor Eggman rules with ease over the 4 Shoguns keeping a tight grip over their movements should they ever rise up against him. Beneath his palace lies the deadly secret of a weapon capable of annihilating entire countries known as the Heavenly Egg. A flying ship that once fully operational will expand his empire to conquer the world.

#2 Sunnyfruit

Sunnyfruit

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:39 AM

I saw it while taking a peek at /sthg/ and no kidding that probably was the most noteworthy posts I've seen in a while on there. Would buy this storybook game.

#3 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:38 PM

Yeah I posted that on there a few days ago to see if I'd get any feedback since very little people comment on my DA page.

#4 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

Those designs look way cool ^.^ Interesting concept too.

{edit: I think Nega's design is my favorite, closely followed by Julian.}

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

#5 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

Here are some new designs to add. I'm not sure how many of these I plan to do, but they are fun.

ninja_sonic_by_mobianmonster-dcgf591.png

NINJA SONIC

Known as the Blue Ghost, Sonic has made himself the headache of every Shogun in the Kingdom of the Sun helping to thwart diabolical plans of theirs. Considered a folk legend by many, Sonic is seen by few and will vanish in the blink of an eye. He is rumored to be part of a secret band of rebels attempting to save the country from their violent dictators, but only time will tell if this to be true.

kunoichi_sally_by_mobianmonster-dch5hmm.

KUNOICHI SALLY

Leader of the resistance movement known as the Freedom Clan, she is the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of the Sun and the ultimate threat to Emperor Eggman. She had been considered dead after she mysteriously went missing during the great coup with the 4 Shoguns all competing with one another for her capture. Only she knows all the secrets of the kingdom that could tip the scales in either favor if captured. From childhood she trained to become the deadliest fighter able to take down large groups on her own and enlisting other powerful warriors such as the Blue Ghost to aid her. She has spies and agents spread out over the five regions gathering information and striking to cause chaos and confusion.

#6 RedAuthar

RedAuthar

The Spambot Killer.

• Admins
  • 38,553 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

I feel Sonic should be a ronin or a masterless samurai. Though I really like the design.

Also I think Sally should have a mask or scarf if she's to be stealthy. Even is she doesn't always wear it over her face.
Or if she's being inspirational a headband or Cape to stand out compared to the others.
Nice weapon choice though. Most people would go sword or kunai. The sickle and flail combo is more sally's style. Precision or brute force as needed.

#7 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:09 PM

I feel Sonic should be a ronin or a masterless samurai. Though I really like the design.

Also I think Sally should have a mask or scarf if she's to be stealthy. Even is she doesn't always wear it over her face.
Or if she's being inspirational a headband or Cape to stand out compared to the others.
Nice weapon choice though. Most people would go sword or kunai. The sickle and flail combo is more sally's style. Precision or brute force as needed.

I was saving the ronin idea for when I do Shadow, as I feel the rogue soldier would suit his character better. I thought of giving Sally a mask, but felt like covering it would hide too much of her face and look too much like Sonic. I am trying to stay away from the obvious sword weapons most people go for when designing these characters to save them for those I think would use them the best and to think of lesser known weapons to compliment their strengths better.

#8 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:02 PM

ronin_shadow_by_mobianmonster-dcosen7.pn

RONIN SHADOW
A wandering samurai without a master, Shadow is one of the most feared swordsman throughout the lands. Sometimes he is found in the heat of battles, other times drifting in and out of pivotal moments in history. He was sought after and made the personal bodyguard of Emperor Eggman becoming his eyes and ears to help control the Shoguns under him. However Shadow has a code of honor that he will not break for anyone, as all previous masters have fell to his blade who dared to take that honor.

#9 Wulfsbane

Wulfsbane

One of the Scribes

• Moderators
  • 13,568 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

Yeah I would go with a mask of sorts for Sally or at least some sort of scarf that could be used as a mask.... as well as a different outfit.

Shadow looks cool though.

The Scribes, if anyone wants to join a growing community. Ask me if you want to know more.

“Some say that he is the only man in history to buy a DFS sofa when there wasn’t a sale on, and that his favourite boxing venue is Munich airport. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

“Some say that if you hold him in the wrong way he doesn’t work properly, and that just very recently he developed an irrational hatred of Rubens Barrichello. All we know is he’s called the Stig.”

Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. -Colossians 3:13

#10 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:39 PM

kintaro_mighty_by_mobianmonster-dcp81u7.

KINTARO MIGHTY

A folk hero of the kingdom, Mighty has spent his life living among the animals in the woods preferring not to mingle in the complex affairs of others. He is a friend to the forest and has often helped out strangers gather food, give advice for lost travelers, and shared techniques to farmers for growing crops bigger than any other around. These merry days came to a halt when the four Shoguns took over and began to cut down his beloved forests, poison the rivers, and pollute the skies with smoke and ash. His superhuman strength and mighty axe aided him well in winning many battles and rescuing prisoners. For all his strength he knew it could not be enough to save everyone. Reluctantly, he offered his services to the Freedom Clan in hopes to drive out these invaders and one day return to the forest in peace.

#11 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:51 AM

Wow I've been missing some good posts.... These are marvelous man!

#12 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:18 PM

Wow I've been missing some good posts.... These are marvelous man!

Hey thanks :D

geisha_rouge_by_mobianmonster-dcpnabf.pn

GEISHA ROUGE

Dangerous and seductive, Rouge is a spy loyal only to the highest bidder to carry out her task. She has worked for the four Shoguns as well as the Freedom Clan exchanging information, robbery, and assassinations. Many have fell for her charms only to end up with an empty wallet and a sliced throat. She has become a wanted criminal by many outside countries leaving behind a trail of looted vaults. Whispers of a gigantic green jewel that sits beneath the palace of the Emperor's palace that she seeks out as the ultimate prize.

#13 Sandata

Sandata

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:11 PM

Also well drawn. Just my $.02 - It's your artwork and I'm not telling you what to do, but you might appeal to more folks by dialing down the risque stuff.

#14 furrykef

furrykef

Fellow FUSer

• Tech Guy
  • 4,499 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:12 AM

Shadow? Toning down risqué stuff? That'll be the day.

#15 ShenFNWoo

ShenFNWoo

Order of Swords Final Boss

• Fellow FUSer
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

Yeah, that's rather tame compared to anything I'd do

My art:  http://shen-fn-woo.deviantart.com/

http://www.furaffini.../shenfuckinwoo/

Advertising the community "The Free Scrubs of Mobius".  Free of everything valuable, including humor.  Let them help you with your personal online conflicts, while ignoring your IRL struggles.  Participating in such honest activities as trying to undermine another community's right to govern their site by stealing their users.  Their banner:  http://orig08.devian...woo-db57bnk.png

#16 Shadow

Shadow

Fellow FUSer

• Sonic Corner Moderator
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:23 AM

It's all part of the fun. After all, a world of pantsless hedgehogs is pretty saucy already ;)

Here is one I forgot to show I did a while ago.

iron_bunnie_by_mobianmonster-dci7axa.png

IRON BUNNIE
The best friend of the princess and a pivotal member of the Freedom Clan, Bunnie was a simple farmer gifted with monstrous strength. When Emperor Eggman and the 4 Shoguns took control of the land she was captured and interrogated on information on the whereabouts of the princess. They soon found no bonds nor cage could hold her as she would break free each time. The 4 Shoguns came together creating the heaviest and strongest bonds they could and bound her limbs to finally subdue her. The keys to her bonds were broken into four that each Shogun carried separately. Unwilling to give up Bunnie grew even stronger under her new restraints and achieved a new level of confidence and strength the world had not known. She became known as the Iron Bunnie, fists strong enough to break down the tallest walls, kicks hard enough to split mighty vessels in two, with a burning will of fire to protect all those too weak to fight. She seeks out the 4 Shoguns to claim the keys to her freedom.

#17 NotSoFast

NotSoFast

Fellow FUSer

• Fellow FUSer
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

Those are some really interesting reinterpretations, nice job!

#18 MoKat

MoKat

Don't make Eliza-Death summon her Thanatos...

• Fellow FUSer
  • 766 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:46 PM

Way cool updates! The huge axe suits Mighty & I got a kick outta Iron Bunnie's backstory ^.^

Shadow? Toning down risqué stuff? That'll be the day.

Yeah, "risqué stuff" is pretty much synonymous with Shadow here ;)

post-1851-0-51713600-1506363973.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users